Have you ever been in a roller coaster or ride accident?

200STM

CAGiversary!
Title says it all CAGs, have you or anyone you know ever been involve in a roller coaster or ride accident at a amusement park or theme park? I personally have never been had one and I like roller coasters and rides they're so much fun but I also feel kinda uneasy as I wait in line for them because I am a little afraid of something happening you know. Just curious CAGs if any of you have been involve in one and how it felt (stalling rides count as well it happens).

I found this chilling youtube video which is a collection of clips involving accidents at roller coasters and rides.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKqlxRFOiJA&feature=channel_video_title

My friend went on the Superman ride back in the day at Six Flags Magic Mountain. He said he wasn't locked in all the way when they started the ride. He pulled it in and locked it himself just as the ride launched.

EDIT: Holy shit. That video is fucked up.

I Wasn't, but one time my sister's were on a roller coaster and they both slammed their noses on the seat in front of them so they were basically spraying blood on everyone behind them as the ride whizzed on through.

Nope but my mom works at a local amusement park in So Cal. After seeing the video I have less interest in going.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1izstI-vCyg

Around the :20-:23 mark, that's when the ride stopped. Took awhile for the workers to come up, but eventually they came and unlocked us from the ride. Then we had to walk all the way down, which I admit was a little scary. My little cousin was with us and it was his first time riding rollercoasters that day and this was our last rollercoaster we decided to ride, lol. I think the workers were more nervous than us (dropping major sweat beads). This was about 3-4 years ago.

Never personally happened to myself, but I was in line for superman and a guy thought it would be cool to not strap himself all the way in, and they stopped the ride with him just hanging there. Some ladies started screaming that they needed to get off now, and that they were going to sue six flags yada yada yada, until they realized the ride wasn't broken, it was just one of their boyfriends being a tool that caused the ride to stop. The entire crowd was heckling the women.

I knew a girl 25 years ago who was in the haunted mansion at Great Adventure in NJ when it caught on fire. She got out, but there were kids just a couple cars in front of her who died.

Most of the ride accidents seem to happen at carnivals. The odds of dying on a coaster are something crazy like 1 in 7 million. The other thing to consider is how many riders go on coasters and other rides and the amount of incidents per year is very low. One of those with the coaster de-railing in the video was around 25 years ago, not that it makes it less significant but it is one of the few times a coaster has de-railed and it doesn't happen very often. In the last 5 years I can only think of 2 other coaster derailing and that is from all over the world.

I have never been in any accidents on a ride, but I have been evacuated off a log flume at Dorney Park and Great American Scream Machine at Great Adventure. The log flume was no big deal, I just walked down the stairs with a ride operator and they asked if I was ok, I said I was and got a coupon for a free Pepsi. I was stuck on the brake run of Great American Scream Machine for 30 minutes and they finally evacuated us.

I just avoid carnivals but won't be hesitant to go on any ride at a regular amusement/theme park because of safety and go to parks around once a week. 3 days after the Xcelerator accident at Knott's Berry Farm, I went on Kingda Ka at Great Adventure that is the same type of ride (different layout but both are Intamin Rocket coasters)

Not trying to sound mean/offensive/whatever...

The part where the guy is falling out of the Ferris wheel, he was actually mentally handicapped, and undid himself from his restraints and tried to jump out of the chair. It was some sort of "day" at the park, as you can see as the camera pulls away.

100% serious too. Not trying to be mean. :(

bread's done
Back