Gamestop MOVE Sale

shadyfozzie

CAGiversary!
Feedback
85 (100%)
Didn't see this posted anywhere...
according to n4g.com:

http://www.justpushstart.com/2011/05/12/gamestop-offers-unbeatable-playstation-move-sale/

If you’ve been holding out for a PlayStation Move controller and its games due to its price, tomorrow is the day you’ve been waiting for as GameStop is holding a PlayStation Move sale that you will not be able to resist.
Starting tomorrow, gamers can buy a PlayStation Move controller and get the second at 50% off. Yep, you can buy two Move controllers at a price of $75 instead of the inflated $100 price point.
After purchasing a controller, all of SCEA’s first party games are also on sale where gamers can buy one get one free! Below are the list of games that applies on the sale.
- PlayStation Move Heroes
- The Shoot
- Start the Party
- Sports Champions
- TV Superstars
- High Velocity Bowling
- Kung Fu Riders
Sorry folks, no Sly Cooper Collection! Don’t forget that these promotion will end on May 19th!

What no camera ? That sucks bullicks.i also still have my 25 dollar off coupon.doesnt that old ps3 magic the gathering game come with the camera ? You can get that game for mad cheap now just for the camera.when does sorcery come out dam it ? That game look hot ! Oh and has anyone here played the fight right out ? If so does it control well ? It certanly seems better than fighters uncaged for the 360

[quote name='shadyfozzie']Didn't see this posted anywhere...
according to n4g.com:

http://www.justpushstart.com/2011/05/12/gamestop-offers-unbeatable-playstation-move-sale/

If you’ve been holding out for a PlayStation Move controller and its games due to its price, tomorrow is the day you’ve been waiting for as GameStop is holding a PlayStation Move sale that you will not be able to resist.
Starting tomorrow, gamers can buy a PlayStation Move controller and get the second at 50% off. Yep, you can buy two Move controllers at a price of $75 instead of the inflated $100 price point.
After purchasing a controller, all of SCEA’s first party games are also on sale where gamers can buy one get one free! Below are the list of games that applies on the sale.
- PlayStation Move Heroes
- The Shoot
- Start the Party
- Sports Champions
- TV Superstars
- High Velocity Bowling
- Kung Fu Riders
Sorry folks, no Sly Cooper Collection! Don’t forget that these promotion will end on May 19th![/QUOTE]

I wouldnt really call this a deal...

ArtVan had move bundles (Sports/controller/camera) for 55 usd.
There were several sales where you could get more than just the controller for 75.
None of the games you're listing are really worth anything... 3 of them were 10 at target, HVB was always 10, and the rest are just awful like JPS.

i want b1g1 free game, but i have everything except move heroes.. hopefully other things are on the list.

articles says "After purchasing a controller, all of SCEA’s first party games are also on sale where gamers can buy one get one free! Below are the list of games that applies on the sale."

i hope that is just the way they are writing the article and not a prerequisite for the b1g1 game deal. i'll pass if i have to buy more move controllers (i already have 4) to get the b1g1 offer on games.

[quote name='M3wThr33']TV Superstars sucks. Start the Party is awesome.[/QUOTE]

Neither game was worth the full asking price but I thought both were fun enough. Start the Party is great for a small group of people. TV superstars is better suited for 2 players (in my case me and my daughter). I think it's fun enough though if you can get it for a discount.

I suppose this is, technically, a deal but it seems weak.

$12.50 off an individual controller would be good...but having to buy two, just to get the discount? Not so much.:drool:

This is no different than the TRU b1g1 50% off 2 weeks ago except some of the move games are cheap. I got Kung Fu rider for $7 on Mon @ TRU it's $10 on clearance & 30% off now.

I have like $20 bucks credit on my gamestop card. Gonna go buy PlayStation Move Heroes and get another copy of it for free, then flip em to Amazon for $25 each. Win.

anyone like Heroes?

I would pick up Sports Champions and either Heroes or the Shoot. Both have pretty mediocre to low reviews though. :whistle2:?

[quote name='swiller']anyone like Heroes?

I would pick up Sports Champions and either Heroes or the Shoot. Both have pretty mediocre to low reviews though. :whistle2:?[/QUOTE]

Champions isn't bad for a game that comes with the bundle. It's like Wii Sports only not lame. All of the move games have fairly crappy reviews, so don't worry. Start the Party is probably the best Move game imo, but I also like The Fight: Lights Out too. I haven't tried Heroes yet, but I will soonish. I got my two copies this morning. My gamestop didn't even know they were having the b1g1 sale. :p

[quote name='SoulEdgeVII']Anyone get this to work with Heavy Rain?[/QUOTE]

Heavy Rain isn't a move game, it's a game with move capability. Move games are PS Move REQUIRED.

On a side note, PS Move Heroes isn't too terrible, but it's gimmicky as shit. You can move the character around and collect stuff, so it's sort of a platformer but it's mostly frisbee/bowling/shooting/cracking a whip. You can choose which ever move hero you want - Bowling/Whip uses Ratchet/Jak/Sly and Shooting/Frisbee uses Clank/Daxter/Bentley. There's a story, kind of. Mainly though, you just choose your place (with the arenas inspired by the games that the characters came from) and blow up robots and boxes.

Nothing too thrilling, but if the trade in value wasn't so high for it, I'd likely keep a copy. Perhaps maybe I'll buy a digital copy on PSN once it goes on sale.

I'd venture to say it's the second best move game, with Start the Party being first and Sports Champions being third. I have the same issue with The Fight: Lights Out as I do the Whip game on Move Heroes. It works, but doesn't always go the way you want it to and it can get frustrating when the game gets harder.

[quote name='swiller']anyone like Heroes?

I would pick up Sports Champions and either Heroes or the Shoot. Both have pretty mediocre to low reviews though. :whistle2:?[/QUOTE]

The problem with move heroes is that its a bunch of easy mini games. To get all gold medals you're looking at under 6 hours of play time.

I picked up High Velocity Bowling and TV Superstars...

I had $10, so I got them for $11.XX
Not to bad...

I figured I should at least try and use my Move controllers...

[quote name='ultramanJ']If Move was performing better I think I'd be more inclined to drop money on it.[/QUOTE]

How can you tell how it's performing sales wise when the main info Sony gives refers to the # of Move contollers sold? I think it's sold 5-7 milion not sure if that's the "sold" to customers or store though.
Regardless it's not going anywhere anytime soon they just need,

1-2 more game bundles like the Socom 4 FDE(not sure why they didn't do it with KZ3 too resistance 3 might be next).
1-3 AAA stand alone move titles from well established games like GOW, MGS or FF.
Maybe several turn based RPGS could work too
A COD move patch

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']why don't they have any real move games? id be in for the fight and time crisis.[/QUOTE]

It's all move games in store, but online the selection is limited.

[quote name='AXV1']I picked up High Velocity Bowling and TV Superstars...

I had $10, so I got them for $11.XX
Not to bad...

I figured I should at least try and use my Move controllers...[/QUOTE]

Good idea! Both are $20, and Bowling trades in for $18 to Amazon. That makes the Superstar gave about $5 after taxes.

BB has the Move controller $35 Nav & $20 amazon will probably match too.

The Sport champion bundle is $80 + $20 gc as well...if this is an online only deal it could really work out sweet in-store. They most likely would either deduct the $20 gc value of the $80 or $60 for the bundle & "charge" you for a $20 gc.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Good idea! Both are $20, and Bowling trades in for $18 to Amazon. That makes the Superstar gave about $5 after taxes.[/QUOTE]

r u sure it trades in for $18??? I see it as $6.25

bread's done
Back