* * * * * 1 votes

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 - July Elite DLC out now, Terminal free for everyone

#1 Trakan   The Vengeful One Super Moderators   18124 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2011 - 08:48 PM

Posted Imagehttp://www.callofdut...contentcalendar

9/2/11 - Multiplayer Reveal Trailer:

8/31/11 - Hardened Edition revealed: http://www.joystiq.c...tents-revealed/

8/18/11 - Rumored Perk/Pointstreak list

8/9/11 - Spec Ops trailer released.

7/10/11 - Glitchers brought in to test maps.

http://kotaku.com/58....-3-multiplayer

IW is bringing back the hackers to test the maps for MW3. They are giving them a full week this time to find bugs as opposed to 2-3 days last time for MW2.

6/6/11 - E3 Trailers

New guns (Seen in the new trailers)

• XM-25 Grenade Launcher (I hope this isn't in MP)
Returning Guns (Seen in the new trailers)

• AK74-U
  • AT-4
  • G18
  • P90
  • Predator Missile (Now called the Reaper?)

5/23/11 - New Gameplay Trailer!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

5/13/11 - Original Leak

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Eat a dick, Black Ops.

Release date is supposedly 11/8/11.

Everything is semi-confirmed by Robert Bowling:

A lot of hype & a lot of leaked info on #MW3, some still accurate, some not. To avoid spoiling the experience, I'd wait for the real reveal.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is coming Nov. 8, 2011, Kotaku has learned, delivering with it mammoth battles that engulf a dozen cities around the world including New York, Paris and London.

Multiple sources have shared details of the game's story, art, sounds and game modes with Kotaku, noting that the game will reshape the landscape of the Call of Duty franchise, bringing an impressive number of eclectic settings, deep multiplayer gaming and a story that ties up nearly all loose ends from previous titles, including the final moments of key figures in the series' history.

While we haven't seen the game in action ourselves, we've gone to great lengths to nail down as much as possible the veracity of our sources. We believe that the imagery and chief details are accurate. That doesn't mean things can't change before release, but this appears to be a full run down of where Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer Games and Raven Software is on Modern Warfare 3 as they add the final polishing touches.

The game opens moments after the cliffhanger ending of Modern Warfare 2 with the U.S. struggling to stave off a surprise Russian attack. The single-player campaign will ping-pong players around the world as they take on the multiple throwaway roles as a Russian Federal Protective Services agent, SAS Operative, tank gunner, and AC-130 gunner as well as key characters from previous installments and new recurring characters. The game will feature about 15 missions, kicking off with the invasion of Manhattan by a Russian force and wrapping up with a final encounter in Dubai.
The plot, as described, seems to be keeping with developer Infinity Ward's habit of delivering complex, short sequences punctuated by lots of gunfire and scene changes. The game also has players take control of several vehicles, returning gamers to the AC-130 gunship as a gunner and plopping them down in a tank as part of a U.S. Armored Division.

The single-player campaign, which appears to wrap up most of the unanswered questions and character fates of the first two Modern Warfare titles, also introduces new characters who appear to be destined for future Modern Warfare games, especially two Delta Force operatives codenamed "Frost" and "Sandman".
Multiplayer in the game returns with a chunky list of playable maps as well as two types of Spec Ops modes: "Survival" and "Mission".
Activision, the series' publisher, still hasn't officially unveiled any details about the game, though executives have said that a new Call of Duty game was coming this year. Last year's Call of Duty: Black Ops, developed by Treyarch, sold more than 7 million copies in the first 24 hours and within six weeks reached $1 billion in sales.

We've contacted Activision for comment and will update the story when and if they provide reaction.

Story Spoilers

Lots of MP Pics

Packed with 15 levels set in locations around the world, from Manhattan to the catacombs of Paris, Modern Warfare 3's near-future campaign looks to be an experience that will top anything seen before in a Call of Duty game. Multiplayer, too, seems to be shaping up to be an experience packed with new maps, experiences and ways to game.
Sources tell Kotaku that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 will have as many as 20 multiplayer maps, though it's unclear if some will be cut before release or perhaps sold later as expansion packs. The game will also include a powerful mix of mission-based and survival Special Ops modes. While the mission-based levels will be designed like the ones made popular in Modern Warfare 2, we're told, the survival maps will have players fighting until they're overcome by increasingly difficult waves of enemies. While we haven't seen the game in action ourselves, we believe that the imagery is accurate. That doesn't mean things can't change before release.

We've contacted Activision for comment and will update the story when and if they provide reaction.

Multiplayer Maps

• Alpha
  • Alps
  • Bootleg
  • Bravo
  • Brooklyn
  • Carbon
  • Coast
  • Dome
  • Exchange
  • Hardhat
  • Interchange
  • Lambeth
  • Meteora
  • Mogadishu
  • Paris
  • Plaza 2
  • Radar
  • Seatown
  • Underground
  • Village

Spec Ops Modes

Survival

• Carbon
  • Dome
  • Radar
  • Seatown
  • Village
Mission

• Civilian Rescue
  • Flood the Market
  • Invisible Threat
  • Little Bro's
  • Out of Africa
  • No Fly Zone
  • Wing Man
New Guns

• KSG
  • Magpul FMG
  • MP412 Pistol
  • P99
  • RSASS Sniper
Returning Guns

• 1887 Shotgun
  • AA-12
  • ACR
  • AK-47
  • Barrett .50 Cal Sniper
  • G36
  • M14 EBR Sniper
  • M4 Carbine (Potential Perk - Dual Scope?)
  • MP5
  • Skorpion
  • Scar
  • Striker Shotgun

Obviously this isn't all the guns, and there's no guarantee these guns will be in the full game. These are just the guns from the pics linked above.

Official trailers from Activision:

Gamestop Pre-order Bonus:

http://www.joystiq.c...ders/#continued

Edited by Trakan, 24 January 2012 - 09:40 PM.

#2 mvp828   It's not CAGers Dammit CAGs CAGiversary!   2569 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:23 PM

Good info and find Trak... Now to wait and see. Will be interesting to see if it will outsell Black Ops in the first week or if some people will be hesitant due to the various hacking problems IW had with MW2 (not saying it was all their fault, but not everyone understands that).

#3 Dr.Zoidberg   Death by Snu-Snu CAGiversary!   716 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Dr.Zoidberg

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:14 AM

As I pray to the COD gods, please don't have vehicles in multiplayer.

#4 Ziv   Jerk Extreme CAGiversary!   1681 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2011 - 04:46 AM

I'm buying it and whatever maps come out for it. They hooked me hard at 4.

#5 o LEGEND o   X1 Cometh! CAGiversary!   84 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

o LEGEND o

Posted 14 May 2011 - 05:28 AM

They also released a London and Germany trailers. Cant wait rumored return of th G36 my all time favorite in CoD. Cant wait.

#6 phantomfriar2002   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1573 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

phantomfriar2002

Posted 14 May 2011 - 05:30 AM

Does anyone really care about story spoilers? The "story" in the campaign of MW2 absolutely sucked to begin with.

#7 100xp   Blizzard Spy CAGiversary!   4429 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2011 - 06:42 AM

ooo...3, MvC3, MW3 and Diablo 3. There goes all my freetime. I'd still get it. MW2 was incredible, I'm wondering what the preorder bonus or hardened edition bonuses will be. Nightvision remote control flying spying UAV?

#8 Trakan   The Vengeful One Super Moderators   18124 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2011 - 07:00 AM

They also released a London and Germany trailers.

Nice, hadn't noticed that. Added them to the OP.

#9 johnnyRingo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   29 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

johnnyRingo

Posted 14 May 2011 - 07:05 AM

I'm in and yes I'll probably end up buying that awesome flying, spying,night vision, UAV. Sounds sweet.

#10 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11475 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 14 May 2011 - 07:11 AM

Good. As much as I felt Black Ops was more balanced over MW2, I honestly go back to MW2 here and there for the sake It's just more "fun", and besides balancing in Black Ops is thrown off by the Galili or Famas which seems to dominate everything since the last few patches.

Heres hoping another $20 pre-order Gift Card so I can buy it on release.

#11 mvp828   It's not CAGers Dammit CAGs CAGiversary!   2569 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2011 - 07:48 AM

I just saw on their Facebook page they also posted the French teaser as well...

Here's the link for the OP Trak.

EDIT: Removed link since there is no sense having the video twice.

Edited by mvp828, 15 May 2011 - 08:26 AM.

#12 Trakan   The Vengeful One Super Moderators   18124 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:17 PM

Updated.

In the M4 pic, you can see that the gun has "Dual Scopes." I wonder if this is a new perk or maybe just a new option with the bling perk.

#13 moojuice   False? CAGiversary!   4393 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 May 2011 - 04:08 PM

That Mw3 logo is ugly as sin.

Otherwise, please leave OMA out this time, please.

#14 Dr.Zoidberg   Death by Snu-Snu CAGiversary!   716 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Dr.Zoidberg

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:20 PM

They also released a London and Germany trailers. Cant wait rumored return of th G36 my all time favorite in CoD. Cant wait.

Love that G36.

#15 Thekrakrabbit   Is Making A Comeback! CAGiversary!   4833 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Thekrakrabbit

Posted 15 May 2011 - 01:45 AM

Looks like they are bringing back weapons from CoD4 and MW2 with the ACR, Scar, .50 Cal sniper (yeah!), G36, 1887 shotguns. Also, I know it is hard to make up new MP maps, but I have a feeling some of the maps will be far too similar to ones we already play.

#16 tonyv4   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2315 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2011 - 02:07 AM

Good. As much as I felt Black Ops was more balanced over MW2, I honestly go back to MW2 here and there for the sake It's just more "fun", and besides balancing in Black Ops is thrown off by the Galili or Famas which seems to dominate everything since the last few patches.

Heres hoping another $20 pre-order Gift Card so I can buy it on release.

I agree about the balancing being thrown off by the Galli & Famas.

I'm happy that they're bringing back spec ops though. I really enjoyed that in MW2

#17 MillerTime2523   FUN TIMES IN CLEVELAND CAGiversary!   8543 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

MillerTime2523

Posted 15 May 2011 - 08:55 PM

Am I the only one getting a little burnt out by the COD series? I can't help but feel like I've been playing the same thing since 2007 and just wish something would spice things up a little bit. Maybe I'm in the minority here, and hell I'll probably end up buying this, but still.. a change of pace would be nice I guess

#18 AFRO insomniac   Old School Validating   4737 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

AFRO insomniac

Posted 15 May 2011 - 09:07 PM

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater...

Guitar Hero...

(fill in the blank)...

#19 xtreme_Zr2   Mr. Sonny Crockett CAGiversary!   1021 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 15 May 2011 - 11:09 PM

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater...

Guitar Hero...

(fill in the blank)...

That won't happen until maybe MW 10. MW3 is going to be just as big as Black Ops.

Personally, I'd rather play battlefield, but I'm definitely picking this one up -- pending the pay-for-play details.

#20 Thekrakrabbit   Is Making A Comeback! CAGiversary!   4833 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Thekrakrabbit

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:13 AM

Indeed, I am VERY interested in knowing what those greedy suits at Activision will be looking to do with the "Premium" features. If playing online or better weapons aren't included in the premium package, I probably won't care about them having it in there. But if they are forcing you to pay to play online or playing real money to unlock weapons etc. there's NO way I would buy this.

#21 wwe101   waiting for hitman 5 CAGiversary!   2273 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:21 AM

just give me my M16 and i'm fine.

#22 Trakan   The Vengeful One Super Moderators   18124 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2011 - 02:13 AM

Activision is stupid, but they're not that stupid. They're not going to Fuck up their billion dollar franchise. COD MMO will probably eventually happen, but I think it'll be separate from IW/Treyarch games.

#23 tdc_raven   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   17 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

tdc_raven

Posted 16 May 2011 - 02:56 AM

I am very interested if that dual scope will be usable. I wonder if it will be a perk or if it would just be one attachment. In the real world that loadout would allow the user a red dot sight and then when you throw the multiplier on the back a x4 zoom. It would be great if they just made it a single attachment like the variable zoom scope.

#24 kklems   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1682 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:00 PM

Amazon has a release date and pre-order now. November 8, 2011.
http://www.amazon.co...all of duty mw3

#25 l defeat l   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   23 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

l defeat l

Posted 17 May 2011 - 12:29 AM

wow this is going to be a tough choice for me..... skyrim or mw3........... why must they both come out on the same week?

#26 LinkinPrime   :,( CAGiversary!   43967 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

LinkinPrime

Posted 17 May 2011 - 12:54 AM

Box art:
Posted Image

#27 Trakan   The Vengeful One Super Moderators   18124 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2011 - 02:01 PM

Gamestop has already announced a pre-order bonus. It's a double sided poster with one side being the cover art and the other side the cover of Time magazine.

Pics here:

http://www.joystiq.c...ders/#continued

#28 seanr1221   :'( CAGiversary!   24430 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2011 - 05:50 PM

Cautiously optimistic since it's not the same team at IW and other groups are helping.

#29 mvp828   It's not CAGers Dammit CAGs CAGiversary!   2569 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 17 May 2011 - 08:06 PM

Cautiously optimistic since it's not the same team at IW and other groups are helping.

Understandable, but you have to remember that it isn't two unknown teams working on it with IW... Both have had rather successful games.

#30 robodobo  

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:02 PM

Sledgehammer Games is new, I.W. was gutted of its talent, and Raven makes good, not great games.