Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 - July Elite DLC out now, Terminal free for everyone

Trakan

Staff member
Feedback
122 (100%)
mw3splash.jpg
http://www.callofduty.com/contentcalendar

9/2/11 - Multiplayer Reveal Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nTrq0PmpIk

8/31/11 - Hardened Edition revealed: http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/31/report-modern-warfare-3s-hardened-edition-contents-revealed/

8/18/11 - Rumored Perk/Pointstreak list

8/9/11 - Spec Ops trailer released.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxDQ2Ow-VfI

7/10/11 - Glitchers brought in to test maps.

http://kotaku.com/5819770/glitchers-...-3-multiplayer

IW is bringing back the hackers to test the maps for MW3. They are giving them a full week this time to find bugs as opposed to 2-3 days last time for MW2.

6/6/11 - E3 Trailers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CblUvlZDio8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvvEKwX9OHY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i89O9wquhLA&feature=channel_video_title

New guns (Seen in the new trailers)

• XM-25 Grenade Launcher (I hope this isn't in MP)
Returning Guns (Seen in the new trailers)

• AK74-U
  • AT-4
  • G18
  • P90
  • Predator Missile (Now called the Reaper?)

5/23/11 - New Gameplay Trailer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coiTJbr9m04&feature=player_embedded

1duc2.gif
2vnfo.gif
3yun9.gif

4xny9.gif
53nab.gif
6ru47.gif

7yuda.gif

5/13/11 - Original Leak

Eat a dick, Black Ops.

Release date is supposedly 11/8/11.

Everything is semi-confirmed by Robert Bowling:

[quote name='@fourzerotwo']A lot of hype & a lot of leaked info on #MW3, some still accurate, some not. To avoid spoiling the experience, I'd wait for the real reveal.[/QUOTE]

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is coming Nov. 8, 2011, Kotaku has learned, delivering with it mammoth battles that engulf a dozen cities around the world including New York, Paris and London.

Multiple sources have shared details of the game's story, art, sounds and game modes with Kotaku, noting that the game will reshape the landscape of the Call of Duty franchise, bringing an impressive number of eclectic settings, deep multiplayer gaming and a story that ties up nearly all loose ends from previous titles, including the final moments of key figures in the series' history.

While we haven't seen the game in action ourselves, we've gone to great lengths to nail down as much as possible the veracity of our sources. We believe that the imagery and chief details are accurate. That doesn't mean things can't change before release, but this appears to be a full run down of where Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer Games and Raven Software is on Modern Warfare 3 as they add the final polishing touches.

The game opens moments after the cliffhanger ending of Modern Warfare 2 with the U.S. struggling to stave off a surprise Russian attack. The single-player campaign will ping-pong players around the world as they take on the multiple throwaway roles as a Russian Federal Protective Services agent, SAS Operative, tank gunner, and AC-130 gunner as well as key characters from previous installments and new recurring characters. The game will feature about 15 missions, kicking off with the invasion of Manhattan by a Russian force and wrapping up with a final encounter in Dubai.
The plot, as described, seems to be keeping with developer Infinity Ward's habit of delivering complex, short sequences punctuated by lots of gunfire and scene changes. The game also has players take control of several vehicles, returning gamers to the AC-130 gunship as a gunner and plopping them down in a tank as part of a U.S. Armored Division.

The single-player campaign, which appears to wrap up most of the unanswered questions and character fates of the first two Modern Warfare titles, also introduces new characters who appear to be destined for future Modern Warfare games, especially two Delta Force operatives codenamed "Frost" and "Sandman".
Multiplayer in the game returns with a chunky list of playable maps as well as two types of Spec Ops modes: "Survival" and "Mission".
Activision, the series' publisher, still hasn't officially unveiled any details about the game, though executives have said that a new Call of Duty game was coming this year. Last year's Call of Duty: Black Ops, developed by Treyarch, sold more than 7 million copies in the first 24 hours and within six weeks reached $1 billion in sales.

We've contacted Activision for comment and will update the story when and if they provide reaction.
Story Spoilers

Lots of MP Pics

Packed with 15 levels set in locations around the world, from Manhattan to the catacombs of Paris, Modern Warfare 3's near-future campaign looks to be an experience that will top anything seen before in a Call of Duty game. Multiplayer, too, seems to be shaping up to be an experience packed with new maps, experiences and ways to game.
Sources tell Kotaku that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 will have as many as 20 multiplayer maps, though it's unclear if some will be cut before release or perhaps sold later as expansion packs. The game will also include a powerful mix of mission-based and survival Special Ops modes. While the mission-based levels will be designed like the ones made popular in Modern Warfare 2, we're told, the survival maps will have players fighting until they're overcome by increasingly difficult waves of enemies. While we haven't seen the game in action ourselves, we believe that the imagery is accurate. That doesn't mean things can't change before release.

We've contacted Activision for comment and will update the story when and if they provide reaction.

Multiplayer Maps

• Alpha
  • Alps
  • Bootleg
  • Bravo
  • Brooklyn
  • Carbon
  • Coast
  • Dome
  • Exchange
  • Hardhat
  • Interchange
  • Lambeth
  • Meteora
  • Mogadishu
  • Paris
  • Plaza 2
  • Radar
  • Seatown
  • Underground
  • Village

Spec Ops Modes

Survival

• Carbon
  • Dome
  • Radar
  • Seatown
  • Village
Mission

• Civilian Rescue
  • Flood the Market
  • Invisible Threat
  • Little Bro's
  • Out of Africa
  • No Fly Zone
  • Wing Man
New Guns

• KSG
  • Magpul FMG
  • MP412 Pistol
  • P99
  • RSASS Sniper
Returning Guns

• 1887 Shotgun
  • AA-12
  • ACR
  • AK-47
  • Barrett .50 Cal Sniper
  • G36
  • M14 EBR Sniper
  • M4 Carbine (Potential Perk - Dual Scope?)
  • MP5
  • Skorpion
  • Scar
  • Striker Shotgun

Obviously this isn't all the guns, and there's no guarantee these guns will be in the full game. These are just the guns from the pics linked above.

Official trailers from Activision:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_7_dYWMsL0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NqwnraL1Pw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGli0PStIio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z_PR4Tg0fM

Gamestop Pre-order Bonus:

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/17/m...red-with-early-gamestop-pre-orders/#continued

Last edited by a moderator:
Good info and find Trak... Now to wait and see. Will be interesting to see if it will outsell Black Ops in the first week or if some people will be hesitant due to the various hacking problems IW had with MW2 (not saying it was all their fault, but not everyone understands that).

They also released a London and Germany trailers. Cant wait rumored return of th G36 my all time favorite in CoD. Cant wait.

ooo...3, MvC3, MW3 and Diablo 3. There goes all my freetime. I'd still get it. MW2 was incredible, I'm wondering what the preorder bonus or hardened edition bonuses will be. Nightvision remote control flying spying UAV?

[quote name='madgamez']They also released a London and Germany trailers.[/QUOTE]

Nice, hadn't noticed that. Added them to the OP.

Good. As much as I felt Black Ops was more balanced over MW2, I honestly go back to MW2 here and there for the sake It's just more "fun", and besides balancing in Black Ops is thrown off by the Galili or Famas which seems to dominate everything since the last few patches.

Heres hoping another $20 pre-order Gift Card so I can buy it on release.

I just saw on their Facebook page they also posted the French teaser as well...

Here's the link for the OP Trak.

EDIT: Removed link since there is no sense having the video twice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Updated.

In the M4 pic, you can see that the gun has "Dual Scopes." I wonder if this is a new perk or maybe just a new option with the bling perk.

[quote name='madgamez']They also released a London and Germany trailers. Cant wait rumored return of th G36 my all time favorite in CoD. Cant wait.[/QUOTE]

Love that G36.

Looks like they are bringing back weapons from CoD4 and MW2 with the ACR, Scar, .50 Cal sniper (yeah!), G36, 1887 shotguns. Also, I know it is hard to make up new MP maps, but I have a feeling some of the maps will be far too similar to ones we already play.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Good. As much as I felt Black Ops was more balanced over MW2, I honestly go back to MW2 here and there for the sake It's just more "fun", and besides balancing in Black Ops is thrown off by the Galili or Famas which seems to dominate everything since the last few patches.

Heres hoping another $20 pre-order Gift Card so I can buy it on release.[/QUOTE]

I agree about the balancing being thrown off by the Galli & Famas.

I'm happy that they're bringing back spec ops though. I really enjoyed that in MW2

Am I the only one getting a little burnt out by the COD series? I can't help but feel like I've been playing the same thing since 2007 and just wish something would spice things up a little bit. Maybe I'm in the minority here, and hell I'll probably end up buying this, but still.. a change of pace would be nice I guess

[quote name='antlp89']Tony Hawk's Pro Skater...

Guitar Hero...

(fill in the blank)...[/QUOTE]

That won't happen until maybe MW 10. MW3 is going to be just as big as Black Ops.

Personally, I'd rather play battlefield, but I'm definitely picking this one up -- pending the pay-for-play details.

Indeed, I am VERY interested in knowing what those greedy suits at Activision will be looking to do with the "Premium" features. If playing online or better weapons aren't included in the premium package, I probably won't care about them having it in there. But if they are forcing you to pay to play online or playing real money to unlock weapons etc. there's NO way I would buy this.

Activision is stupid, but they're not that stupid. They're not going to fuck up their billion dollar franchise. COD MMO will probably eventually happen, but I think it'll be separate from IW/Treyarch games.

I am very interested if that dual scope will be usable. I wonder if it will be a perk or if it would just be one attachment. In the real world that loadout would allow the user a red dot sight and then when you throw the multiplier on the back a x4 zoom. It would be great if they just made it a single attachment like the variable zoom scope.

wow this is going to be a tough choice for me..... skyrim or mw3........... why must they both come out on the same week?

[quote name='seanr1221']Cautiously optimistic since it's not the same team at IW and other groups are helping.[/QUOTE]

Understandable, but you have to remember that it isn't two unknown teams working on it with IW... Both have had rather successful games.

[quote name='Trakan']Gamestop has already announced a pre-order bonus. It's a double sided poster with one side being the cover art and the other side the cover of Time magazine.

Pics here:

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/17/m...red-with-early-gamestop-pre-orders/#continued[/QUOTE]

This looks damn cool, but I can't help but think Wal-Mart and Amazon will start gift card wars again.

Got Black Ops with $20 credit last year, heres hoping at least $10 this year.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']This looks damn cool, but I can't help but think Wal-Mart and Amazon will start gift card wars again.

Got Black Ops with $20 credit last year, heres hoping at least $10 this year.[/QUOTE]

same here. That poster sure is tempting but I would rather take a $10-$20 credit instead of a poster.

Don't know if I heard it right since the commercial flew by so fast, but I think I saw they're going to make the official announcement on May 26th during the Western Conference Finals.

[quote name='Necrozilla']Sledgehammer Games is new, I.W. was gutted of its talent, and Raven makes good, not great games.[/QUOTE]

The important thing is that they have the MW2 engine. I could make an amazing COD game with that existing engine. The real question is if they'll take out the imbalances and fix the glitches.

[quote name='Necrozilla']Sledgehammer Games is new, I.W. was gutted of its talent, and Raven makes good, not great games.[/QUOTE]

Sledgehammer may be new... But don't forget what the lead guys are also responsible for... Dead Space. I also believe they were there for Dante's Inferno, The Godfather (1 & 2), and the Simpsons. While they may not be top sellers, the games were not crap by any means.

As for IW... From what I have read in a few different articles, although a lot of the leads are gone, many of the people who did the majority of the work are still there.

Raven games like you said are not great... But you have to also look at the games that they have put out. It is hard to make an A-list FPS when you are going against the CoDs and Halos.

[quote name='Trakan']The important thing is that they have the MW2 engine. I could make an amazing COD game with that existing engine. The real question is if they'll take out the imbalances and fix the glitches.[/QUOTE]

^ That is the main thing right there.

Gamestop got posters in on Sunday to give away to the first 50 or so preorders. They're pretty amazing. The first side is the MW3 box art posted above, the back of it is a faux Time magazine ad cover.

ta4m6r.jpg

[quote name='Trakan']The important thing is that they have the MW2 engine. I could make an amazing COD game with that existing engine. The real question is if they'll take out the imbalances and fix the glitches.[/QUOTE]

So basically it will be the same exact game as COD 4, W@W, MW2, and Black Ops? Oh wait, of course it will

[quote name='DOMINATOR912']Don't know if I heard it right since the commercial flew by so fast, but I think I saw they're going to make the official announcement on May 26th during the Western Conference Finals.[/QUOTE]

I believe it's may 23rd. The official trailer according to a commercial.

Raven also made the Soldier of Fortune series, which includes Soldier of Fortune Payback(Activision).............

[quote name='slickkill77']So basically it will be the same exact game as COD 4, W@W, MW2, and Black Ops? Oh wait, of course it will[/QUOTE]

Probably. It will sell just as good as the others too. Including Black Ops. People talk shit about MW2 then go buy Black Ops, talk shit about Black Ops and now will buy MW3.

[quote name='hustletron']Raven also made the Soldier of Fortune series, which includes Soldier of Fortune Payback(Activision).............[/QUOTE]

While they did do the Soldier of Fortune games early on, they actually weren't apart of Payback. That was Cauldron that was the developer for that.

Here is a list of what 360 games Raven has done:

Singularity
Wolfenstein
X-men Origins: Wolverine
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Quake 4

[quote name='timesplitt']s***s already making pre-order records on amazon[/QUOTE]

Is there like an article about this or something?

[quote name='mvp828']While they did do the Soldier of Fortune games early on, they actually weren't apart of Payback. That was Cauldron that was the developer for that.

Here is a list of what 360 games Raven has done:

Singularity
Wolfenstein
X-men Origins: Wolverine
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Quake 4[/QUOTE]

Activision=Raven? Same difference?

I know the old SOF games were good, not amazing, but good cuz I played them on the PC. The point I was trying to make was Activision has its hands in everything now, is this the case with this MW3?

[quote name='hustletron']Activision=Raven? Same difference?

I know the old SOF games were good, not amazing, but good cuz I played them on the PC. The point I was trying to make was Activision has its hands in everything now, is this the case with this MW3?[/QUOTE]

Activision is a publisher. They have nothing to do with the actual development of the game. They market it. This is the reason why MW2 and Black Ops are drastically different. One was Infinity Ward and one one was Treyarch.

bread's done
Back