* * * * * 1 votes

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 - July Elite DLC out now, Terminal free for everyone

#61 xtreme_Zr2   Mr. Sonny Crockett CAGiversary!   1023 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:21 AM

I'm going to go ahead and say, it looks incredible.

#62 LinkinPrime   :,( CAGiversary!   44019 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

LinkinPrime

Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:26 AM

WOW!

The campaign, at least looks like its going to be epic!

#63 A Happy Panda   not as happy as you think CAGiversary!   5983 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

A Happy Panda

Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:31 AM

Looks like more CoD...really can't care less about the Campaign. I'm sure it'll be fun, but I really don't care enough about it to get remotely excited.

Here's hoping they expand on the MP stuff during E3/

#64 Trakan  

Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:38 AM

Looks like more CoD...really can't care less about the Campaign. I'm sure it'll be fun, but I really don't care enough about it to get remotely excited.

I hope so too, but I don't think MP stuff usually hits til July/August.

#65 LinkinPrime   :,( CAGiversary!   44019 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

LinkinPrime

Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:42 AM

They'll most likely just sample a brief couple minutes of a campaign level like they have been doing for the past few years and end it with extended footage of the trailer we just saw.

#66 A Happy Panda   not as happy as you think CAGiversary!   5983 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

A Happy Panda

Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:42 AM

I hope so too, but I don't think MP stuff usually hits til July/August.

I'm hoping GoW3's September launch date is gonna force more details to come out earlier at E3 and use July/August to push Gears.

#67 Strell   LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS! CAGiversary!   26583 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2011 - 01:50 AM

Haha, I get it: defend America, England, and France, and then...attack Germany!

#68 NinjaPenguin777   LEO CAGiversary!   5852 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 24 May 2011 - 02:00 AM

MW3 directed by Michael Bay. The sequel to the explosive trailer also by Michael Bay, MW2. Sure it looks epic but that's all this series is now. A trailer for a Michael Bay movie. Hey look here are some explosions, and some more. Oh wait another. And another. Then the actual movie comes out. Explosion....zzz.....Explosion...zzz

#69 Trakan  

Posted 24 May 2011 - 02:12 AM

MW3 directed by Michael Bay. The sequel to the explosive trailer also by Michael Bay, MW2. Sure it looks epic but that's all this series is now. A trailer for a Michael Bay movie. Hey look here are some explosions, and some more. Oh wait another. And another. Then the actual movie comes out. Explosion....zzz.....Explosion...zzz

We get it, you hate COD.

#70 Dr.Zoidberg   Death by Snu-Snu CAGiversary!   716 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Dr.Zoidberg

Posted 24 May 2011 - 02:13 AM

Good point. I spend a lot more time on mp than sp. I still haven't finished the sp on Reach, BC2 and Homefront.

#71 NinjaPenguin777   LEO CAGiversary!   5852 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 24 May 2011 - 02:14 AM

We get it, you hate COD.

Sad thing is I loved Cod 4, but yea that pretty much sums it up.

Didn't realize I wasn't allowed to put my opinion in here. Could of sworn this was a discussion thread. Guess not

#72 Trakan  

Posted 24 May 2011 - 02:23 AM

Didn't realize I wasn't allowed to put my opinion in here. Could of sworn this was a discussion thread. Guess not

Opinions, sure, but I think I've read like 10 different variations of "cod sucks" in the various COD/BF/FPS threads over the past couple of years.

Why even post?

#73 hustletron   the struggle CAGiversary!   2053 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2011 - 02:25 AM

You must have missed it, you're not allowed to disagree.

While I agree with your summary of the footage, I enjoyed MW2's campaign a lot so I think I'll like this one.

#74 Dr.Zoidberg   Death by Snu-Snu CAGiversary!   716 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Dr.Zoidberg

Posted 24 May 2011 - 02:30 AM

Slick, you told this to someone on the BF3 forum:

We get it. You don't like the game. You've made your point. No need to continually argue and pound your anti BF3 views. GO THE Fuck AWAY ALREADY

And now you are saying everyone can post their thoughts...c'mon.

#75 hiccupleftovers   Worst Poster on CAG CAGiversary!   18071 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

hiccupleftovers

Posted 24 May 2011 - 02:51 AM

I was kind of wary on the new MW3 after not really enjoying MW2 as I had hoped to. That new trailer looks EPIC. I'm actually stoked for this one.

#76 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11502 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 24 May 2011 - 10:26 AM

Looks more of the same which is a good thing.
As long as the the hit detection/lag compensation is better then Black Ops it should be fine. You lag slightly in Black Ops and your screwed as of recent memory.

#77 TAYL0R   GTL CAGiversary!   256 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:27 PM

as one of the biggest fans of INFINITY WARD AND MODERN WARFARE NOT CALL OF DUTY AND TREYARCH, i want to buy this but the optional premium monthy cod service really turned me off. i am debating getting this game or not.

#78 Ryuukishi   My ambitionz az a Ryder CAGiversary!   11158 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:56 PM

Trailer looks pretty sweet, I've preordered the game but keeping it will be contingent on a $15-20 credit from Amazon. I too am one of those people who always says they will wait on COD games but caves on release week when my friends are all going on about how cool it is. :lol:

#79 seanr1221   :'( CAGiversary!   24430 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:00 PM

as one of the biggest fans of INFINITY WARD AND MODERN WARFARE NOT CALL OF DUTY AND TREYARCH, i want to buy this but the optional premium monthy cod service really turned me off. i am debating getting this game or not.

For being the biggest fan you must be privy to information no one else knows.

#80 mvp828   It's not CAGers Dammit CAGs CAGiversary!   2572 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2011 - 07:21 PM

For being the biggest fan you must be privy to information no one else knows.

I was thinking the same thing... Pretty much the only things that have been spoken about are rumors and speculations. Even then, the same experience will be there according to this quote:

“While we are attempting to deliver new incremental experiences that have yet heretofore been unseen by our players, we are not attempting to monetize or take any experience away that currently comes as part of the value proposition of buying the game.”

Source

#81 TAYL0R   GTL CAGiversary!   256 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2011 - 08:57 PM

i see you guys dont do much research so here you go guys.

http://www.maxconsol...rvice-confirmed

http://www.thetechga...-confirmed.html

i dont know i guess i should of put an "if" in my earlier statment because this "could" be just a rumor, but this is something i do not want to see as i am already paying for live. and i know it is optional but i get in to cod games and i will want to have it because i dont want anyone else to have an advantage that i dont have online.

#82 moojuice   False? CAGiversary!   4393 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2011 - 10:13 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that they later clarified that the new COD online only game for China or something was going to be the game where you would pay for stuff with real money, not the US console release.

Again, correct me if I am wrong, I could have sworn I heard that somewhere.

#83 Dr.Zoidberg   Death by Snu-Snu CAGiversary!   716 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Dr.Zoidberg

Posted 24 May 2011 - 11:29 PM

I just figure the online purchase may be like BC2 (which is just a guess). You could buy kit short cuts like for the medic, engineer, etc. You pay 1200 points and you unlock all kit-specific items.

#84 seanr1221   :'( CAGiversary!   24430 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2011 - 02:36 AM

i dont know i guess i should of put an "if" in my earlier statment because this "could" be just a rumor, but this is something i do not want to see as i am already paying for live. and i know it is optional but i get in to cod games and i will want to have it because i dont want anyone else to have an advantage that i dont have online.

What's maxconsole and thetechgame?

#85 giantqtipz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2149 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

giantqtipz

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:08 AM

I love the mw campaigns. They're all intense and full of action. But the multiplayer gets old pretty quick.. And it seems like from the trailer, that there will be a "boat" moment again like in the end of mw2 when you chase a chopper with a boat. I just can't comprehend why the chopper chose to escape by following the river stream.. Rather than flying off to the ohh idk, the side?

#86 A Happy Panda   not as happy as you think CAGiversary!   5983 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

A Happy Panda

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:21 AM

One of your links is just a forum that links to the other link you posted, which is poorly written anyways and fails to include any of the actual relevant tidbits from the actual story.

http://www.joystiq.c...ion-game-china/

MW3 will be "free" to play (XBL costs of course) a pay-to-play CoD COULD be coming, but it will NOT start with MW3.

#87 mvp828   It's not CAGers Dammit CAGs CAGiversary!   2572 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:49 AM

I would say most of us had done the research... It was you who failed to do the reading (you know the combination of words, left to right, up and down). It is almost as if you seen "pay" and instantly jumped to the conclusion that it was pay to play. Even in the links that you posted they say that you will still be able to get everything you have now in the current games, but that there will be extra content available at a premium.

I love the mw campaigns. They're all intense and full of action. But the multiplayer gets old pretty quick.. And it seems like from the trailer, that there will be a "boat" moment again like in the end of mw2 when you chase a chopper with a boat. I just can't comprehend why the chopper chose to escape by following the river stream.. Rather than flying off to the ohh idk, the side?

I definitely agree with you about the campaign. I have enjoyed all of them so far. People complain about how they are constant explosions and whatnot... Who the hell cares? It's a video game, and last time I checked they weren't supposed to be as realistic as possible (in terms of warfare). Now there isn't much replay value to them, but for me I could care a less. I'll play the campaign at some point in the first couple of months that it is out and then it is all MP from there anyway.

#88 TAYL0R   GTL CAGiversary!   256 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:41 PM

yes guys i did jump to conclusions that there will be some sort of monthy subscription because i was not able to find enough info to decide one way or the other. Thanks to A HAPPY PANDA for that article thats what i was looking for. mvp828 i dont know what your problem is i know it said it would be optional and it would be premium content and if you would read the post you responded to i actually said that. I dont know why you guys are so hostile.

#89 mvp828   It's not CAGers Dammit CAGs CAGiversary!   2572 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 25 May 2011 - 06:52 PM

yes guys i did jump to conclusions that there will be some sort of monthy subscription because i was not able to find enough info to decide one way or the other. Thanks to A HAPPY PANDA for that article thats what i was looking for. mvp828 i dont know what your problem is i know it said it would be optional and it would be premium content and if you would read the post you responded to i actually said that. I dont know why you guys are so hostile.

I know you did... The context of your first statement kind of implies that the optional content is a complete waste, when in fact no knowledge about the content is known yet.

#90 Trakan  

Posted 26 May 2011 - 04:31 AM

Two good pieces of information from Robert Bowling on Twitter.

We are very aware of the balance feedback and issues with launchers in MW2 and have been addressing.

It will be locked at 60 FPS which means it will never go below it, its can always go above 60 FPS.