I like to say bad words in blog comments.

The Crotch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Unfortunately, blog comments say "fuck you!" right back at me, 'cause they keep rejecting my comments.

Ran into this problem quite a while back, and I had a hell of a time figuring it out. I can only have four images in my response? I don't have any images in this post, you fucki-

Oh. fuck.

The "fuck" graphic counts as an image as far as blog comments are considered, which limits me to four "fucks" a blog comment,' meaning I've already broken through the upper limit a couple paragraphs into this post.

I've never seen anyone try to post a large number of images in response to a blog, so could y'all find it in your cold (yet undoubtedly superior and, yeah, strangely arousing) fusion-powered mechano-hearts to remove the limit? Or shall I start substituting "Jesus McTittytittygangbang" for every "Shaq-Fu" after the fourth from now on?

Or try to compose a blog without the use of those words. There is some younger audiences that come to this forum. Sure they hear it at school or home everyday and probably even use it but that doesn't mean it's ok. No sense really unless your really upset and wanting to vent anger through a blog. Even then I would add a headline at the top warning of offensive language. Just my 0.02.

Or... not.

The word is already censored so the "Think of the children!" business rings a little hollow, and it's not like I can't say cocks or cunt or calice d'hostie de tabernacle a billion times a blog comment. That ain't the point.

If I feel a sentence calls for the word "fuck", I'm god damn well gonna put it in there because it belongs in the sentence. If I'm quoting someone who says "fuck", I'm going to quote them saying "fuck". There is a rule against posting an excessive number of images, which isn't necessarily a bad rule, but it has never to my knowledge been used for that purpose, and instead merely regulates the use of the word "fuck" in one tiny segment of the site. No other part of the site gets that treatment, and no other swear, blasphemy, curse, sacre, or obscenity has been touched because this place isn't supposed to have a limit on swearing in any place (save in certain cases for thread titles). Hell, I can say "$$$$er" or "$$$$$$" in a blog comment and still get the word across more than I can say "fuck". So leave the high horse business to the hussars, alright?

I'll keep the suggestion in mind, ROB, though I get the feeling it's legitimately against the rules. Most places don't take too kindly to people working around word filters, but I dunno about here.

'Dems da breaks. Regardless of your point, that's the way it is. If you don't like it, don't curse as much, OR, use a different word. Your use of 'fuck' isn't going to change your blog's message. I have no problem cursing, but it seems like you are doing it more for the Bob Sagat (Hey everyone, look at me, I'm Danny Tanner and I say "fuck") effect than anything else. What the fuck is wrong with you, fucker?

Those are indeed the breaks.

This is the place where we go when we want to get breaks changed.

This is where we go to ask for new icons, like the 3DS thread. This is where people went to talk about the creation of the "Mobile Gaming" subforum. Sometimes these threads are ignored, but that's not the point.

As for "why" I feel the need to say "fuck" sometime? Because sometimes, I feel that a specific part of a specific sentence should have the word "fuck" in it. Sometimes it's "hell" or "God damn" or "cunt-sucking". It's the aesthetics of the entire god damn thing. See? That "god damn" in the last sentence. Lower case "g" that time, even, 'cause the sentence just looks and sounds a lot nicer with it in there. But that's an entirely tertiary matter. The important part here is that a well-meaning but unimportant rule is having minor but irritating unforeseen consequences.

bread's done
Back