Ends 7/16-Silver PS2 $63.73 after 25% off clearance deal @ ToysRus

Enuf

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
This deal is back on but it's 25% off instead of the 30% from before.

Sorry for the late post but I was in TRU picking up some of their clearance items and while checking out saw the PS2's with clearance tags $84.98 had the girl scan it $59.49 SOLD! They had the black one too no bundles at this store but they did have them at another one I went to later, couldn't get it scan b/c the videogame section was empty.

Saw the ceramic white PS2 singstar bundle but it wasn't on clearance completely forgot about this "forgettable" bundle.

Also, p/u'd
PS3 slim media expansion bar $7
EA MMA $7
PS2 slim carrying case $10.50
Kung Fu Rider was $7 also but I got this earlier in the week

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm was that in a clearance section? I saw some signage mentioning ps2's were 99.00, but didn't see any on the floor. Where were they located? I actually ahve 2 sealed black ps2's but would like a silver one too

You sure this is everywhere and not just some mistake at your store? I need a PS2 mine broke last year.

nice, it went down to $59.49 because of the extra 30% off clearance they had until today. Nice deal, but for the rest of the CAGs' it will cost $84.98 if they go tomorrow.

[quote name='Carlanga']nice, it went down to $59.49 because of the extra 30% off clearance they had until today. Nice deal, but for the rest of the CAGs' it will cost $84.98 if they go tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

:cry:

I didn't know anything about a 30% deal.

AH crap that 30% off. I didn't think about that. I already hit the store up for that but didn't see any ps2s. Again, where were they located? behind the counter? on the floor? i didn't see any.

Its probably too late to try to get down there tonight anyway i guess

[quote name='Kenshindono']hmm was that in a clearance section? I saw some signage mentioning ps2's were 99.00, but didn't see any on the floor. Where were they located? I actually ahve 2 sealed black ps2's but would like a silver one too[/QUOTE]

[quote name='The_ZZ']You sure this is everywhere and not just some mistake at your store? I need a PS2 mine broke last year.[/QUOTE]

Didn't find these in the "clearance" section they were behind CS in the glass cases with red clearance stickers on the shelf priced at $99 so I had her take it out an scan it $84.98 but b/c of the "up to 75% off clearance items that end in 0 or 8" the 30% off got it too $59.49. The TRU I bought it from is an old store it's been there as long as I can remember(I just turn 31 today) the 2nd TRU is < 3 yrs old new contruction so there setup is completely different the counter sits in the middle with all the games surrounding it. The 1st TRU has most of the consoles behind the row of registers if you went looking for them you'd completely miss them altogether I was just lucky the girl was using the last register on the end.

does the PS2 need to have a clearance sticker on it, the Toysrus near my place is behind a clear glass shelf with no sticker, hurry someone respond, closes at 10!

[quote name='Donutkid2222']does the PS2 need to have a clearance sticker on it, the Toysrus near my place is behind a clear glass shelf with no sticker, hurry someone respond, closes at 10![/QUOTE]

Call the store make them scan it

[quote name='foreinter']Is the black PS2 also $60? My store will be closed at 10pm and probably want o go check it out.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it's in the OP the only one I didn't have scanned was the toy story bundle b/c the videogame section was empty at the 2nd TRU it was 15 minutes before closing.

[quote name='Enuf']Call the store make them scan it[/QUOTE]
I did, he did it rang up 99, I told him about the 30% off, and he said it's with prices that end in 8 or a 0 which is odd because retail prices don't end in 8's or 0's mostly .99. not sure what to do

[quote name='Donutkid2222']I did, he did it rang up 99, I told him about the 30% off, and he said it's with prices that end in 8 or a 0 which is odd because retail prices don't end in 8's or 0's mostly .99. not sure what to do[/QUOTE]

Here's the #'s from my receipt
711719770701(silver console)

also, BB has the official Sony memory cards for $10 on clearance & I think the madcatz 32 MB are $10 too gotta get 2-3 b/c there's a whole lotta games I'll get from GS and the memory cards will be getting used up fast. I think BB has the controllers on clearance too $14 or less...they're wired but won't effect me too much b/c my PS3 sits close anyways plus I usually have the charging cable close anyways so what's the difference.

If they're putting PS2's on clearance, does this mean other stores will, is it finally the time to grab a new PS2 before it's too late?

[quote name='Cerebral_One']If they're putting PS2's on clearance, does this mean other stores will, is it finally the time to grab a new PS2 before it's too late?[/QUOTE]

Target's already done it there long gone now. GS & the BB's in my area have TONS of PS2's once they start I'll snag 2 more using RZ certs since I didn't get a warranty.

[quote name='Cerebral_One']If they're putting PS2's on clearance, does this mean other stores will, is it finally the time to grab a new PS2 before it's too late?[/QUOTE]

It has been mentioned in the Target clearance thread that the PS2 has been marked down to as low as $50 (YMMV). Also, my local Kmart no longer carries PS2.

I did a search for "PS2 DISCONTINUED" and one of the sites said that Sony made the last of the PS2's in 2010 and that the current stock is the last of them. Of course you can't belive everything you read on the internet, it could just be speculation.

Regardless, if you would like one sealed I would start looking here soon.

[quote name='Enuf']Here's the #'s from my receipt

also, BB has the official Sony memory cards for $10 on clearance & I think the madcatz 32 MB are $10 too gotta get 2-3 b/c there's a whole lotta games I'll get from GS and the memory cards will be getting used up fast. I think BB has the controllers on clearance too $14 or less...they're wired but won't effect me too much b/c my PS3 sits close anyways plus I usually have the charging cable close anyways so what's the difference.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, I just got back from TRU and the black PS2 is still $99.99 and I let the guy take it out from the class cabinet and scan it.

[quote name='Invicta 61']It has been mentioned in the Target clearance thread that the PS2 has been marked down to as low as $50 (YMMV). Also, my local Kmart no longer carries PS2.

I did a search for "PS2 DISCONTINUED" and one of the sites said that Sony made the last of the PS2's in 2010 and that the current stock is the last of them. Of course you can't belive everything you read on the internet, it could just be speculation.

Regardless, if you would like one sealed I would start looking here soon.[/QUOTE]
they are really discontinuing the PS2? I Seriously need to buy one before it's too late.

Is the playstation network still down? is the ps2 online network same as the playstation network?

[quote name='leidh']Is the playstation network still down? is the ps2 online network same as the playstation network?[/QUOTE]
Pretty sure they're seperate. Not that it matter anything since only a couple of games are worth playing online-actually just 1 now, that being SOCOM 2 since Capcom cut the servers for both RE Outbreaks.

Didn't these silver ones from two or three years ago? I think Sony has only been putting out black ones for last two or so years. If that is the case, it may be more that the Silver SKU is on clearance and the black PS2 are not being cleared out.

[quote name='Enuf']Target's already done it there long gone now. GS & the BB's in my area have TONS of PS2's once they start I'll snag 2 more using RZ certs since I didn't get a warranty.[/QUOTE]

wtf why do you need so many ps2's?

[quote name='chuckywang']wtf why do you need so many ps2's?[/QUOTE]

2 for me(1 as a back-up) & 1 for my best friend he outta work and child support kills the little extra $ he gets from the temp service so I'll pass of since he definitely can't afford a PS3 even after price drop plus he has ps2 games from when he had 1 before it died.

[quote name='Enuf']Here's the #'s from my receipt

also, BB has the official Sony memory cards for $10 on clearance & I think the madcatz 32 MB are $10 too gotta get 2-3 b/c there's a whole lotta games I'll get from GS and the memory cards will be getting used up fast. I think BB has the controllers on clearance too $14 or less...they're wired but won't effect me too much b/c my PS3 sits close anyways plus I usually have the charging cable close anyways so what's the difference.[/QUOTE]
Ahhh. So that must be a universal clearance for the memory cards at Best Buy. I saw those when I was in my closest store last week sometime. From what I remember though, those MadCatz memory cards are complete and utter shit, unless they changed them since the PS2 first came out.

I bought one when I got my first PS2 in 2001 and the fuckin' thing kept saying it had to format EVERY time you went to save something on it. So unless you switched your save data over to an official card before shutting down the prior time you were SOL and would lose HOURS worth of saves each time.

By the way, silver Dual Shock 2's are on clearance at Kmart for $4.97 each if you can find them and the blue DS2's are on clearance at Sears for around the same price I believe.

I've never had an official PS2 memory card but I've had a MadCatz 8MB memory card since launch and it still works fine.

The huge ones were the pita ones. Not sure bout the regular sized ones that were the exact same size as the official ones. All I remember thinking to myself was that I was getting 4x the save space as a normal PS2 card and for about the same price. I returned that thing the next day.

Now if it were an Interact brand memory card, I don't think I would've had an issue. I had one of those from the PS1 era and it worked flawlessly up till when I finally offloaded it.

Interact was ok back in the day and I've heard MadCatz is getting better in quality, but if the official stuff is as cheap as the off brand after a while then it's just a no brainer. But I'm still groaning that PS2 controllers and memory cards didn't drop to reasonable levels up until the end of the past gen(now). I distinctly remember PS1 controllers going to $15 new before that system was phased out and PS1 memory cards being around $10-15 as well.

That's why I'm glad the PS3 has an internal HDD and you can make internal PS1/PS2 cards, so you can free up space on your old memory cards if you want to.

damn at this point I'm gonna have to stock on at least 2 new PS2s for purposes if my current one craps out. My PS2 collection is about 200+ titles

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Pretty sure they're seperate. Not that it matter anything since only a couple of games are worth playing online-actually just 1 now, that being SOCOM 2 since Capcom cut the servers for both RE Outbreaks.[/QUOTE]

Star Wars Battlefront 2 normally has a great online community (at least as of three months ago), and you can normally find at least two servers full of people. I've spent so much time playing that game online over the past four years. You practically have to play it on the PS2 because the game tends to freeze on the software BC PS3s.

[quote name='CaoPi']damn at this point I'm gonna have to stock on at least 2 new PS2s for purposes if my current one craps out. My PS2 collection is about 200+ titles[/QUOTE]

+1 I have a huge ps2 selection, it would blow not being able to play them years down the road! I have an old fat hooked up to the 32" crt in my room, a silver slim hooked to the 60" hd in my room, and 2 sealed black slims downstairs (got for 65 bucks each)

I would have liked a silver one though =( Honestly id love another fat, i love those way more than the slims. But you cant find them new anymore, and im not paying 50 bucks for used POS from gamestop.

I also agree that 3rd party peripherals are junk. I never buy anything but first party memory cards/controllers, ect. I actually miss the days of memory cards. I liked it WAY more than shitty HD locked saves and garbage these days

I highly doubt that the PS3 will come back anytime soon with backwards PS2 compatibility. I remember find gamecubes clearanced out at walmart for 30 bucks, damn that was a deal!

[quote name='CaoPi']I highly doubt that the PS3 will come back anytime soon with backwards PS2 compatibility. I remember find gamecubes clearanced out at walmart for 30 bucks, damn that was a deal![/QUOTE]
They had a stack of them at my closest Target for $15 each and STILL no one wanted them. I guess they eventually just junked them out cuz they all disappeared one day.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']They had a stack of them at my closest Target for $15 each and STILL no one wanted them. I guess they eventually just junked them out cuz they all disappeared one day.[/QUOTE]

i wouldve bought one in a heartbeat! sadly, my target and walmart barely has any of those crazy finds. but thanks tc, i really miss my ps2 and this looks very tempting

[quote name='Invicta 61']It has been mentioned in the Target clearance thread that the PS2 has been marked down to as low as $50 (YMMV). Also, my local Kmart no longer carries PS2.

Regardless, if you would like one sealed I would start looking here soon.[/QUOTE]

I think what was discontinued at stores was the holiday bundle with Toy Story 3 in it. I think Target's decision not to carry it anymore was just a store decision since every other store in the world still carries new PS2s. Sony will continue to manufacture PS2s especially since the console was just officially "released" in Brazil last year but we may see our supply here in the States slow to a trickle.

[quote name='CaoPi']I highly doubt that the PS3 will come back anytime soon with backwards PS2 compatibility.[/QUOTE]
It could happen IF the price + marketing campain is right. Say at E3 this year or next they offer a
LE Red GOW Ghost of Sparta/Chains of Olympus 500-750 GB BC PS3 w/Move & a voucher for GOW 4 or GOW on NGP for $400-$450. If they produced 1 million of these it would generate $400 mil, jump start the PSP to PS3 ports, make whatever game has the voucher a GH & put 1 mil more Moves in people's hands. It's all about thinking outside of the box & $.

Damn Sony for not making the PS3 backwards compatible with BOTH systems! If it's really been discontinued, I'd better get another one soonish :whistle2:/ (Hey Sony, guess what? If you'd made the PS3 backwards compatible, for sure I would have standardized on it!)

Confirming this for SoCal (Orange County at least). Saw a silver and black PS2 for clearance price. Not sure if it's in effect now since the 30% is over.

Would have picked one up but I got a Phatty to back up the Slim should it go down.

For anyone in the market for memory cards, I would recommend getting the Katana ones. They are officially licensed by Sony so they shouldn't be randomly formatting like the shitty MadCatz ones.

A 16MB can be had for around $11
http://www.amazon.com/Playstation-2...8JES/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1305488289&sr=8-1

And a 32MB can be had for around $25
http://www.amazon.com/Playstation-2...3H5Y/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1305488289&sr=8-3

I got the 32MB one for $20 last year and am quite happy with it.

[quote name='mis0']Confirming this for SoCal (Orange County at least). Saw a silver and black PS2 for clearance price. Not sure if it's in effect now since the 30% is over.[/QUOTE]

$84.50 right?
ToysRus does the clearance % off deals consistantly the question is now do you wait & hope people won't jump on the $85...or wait till GS & BB start clearancing them out. If there's another $50 TRU gc offer I'll jump on it use the gc on the system making it $35.

[quote name='kulaguy']For anyone in the market for memory cards, I would recommend getting the Katana ones. They are officially licensed by Sony so they shouldn't be randomly formatting like the shitty MadCatz ones.

A 16MB can be had for around $11
http://www.amazon.com/Playstation-2...8JES/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1305488289&sr=8-1

And a 32MB can be had for around $25
http://www.amazon.com/Playstation-2...3H5Y/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1305488289&sr=8-3

I got the 32MB one for $20 last year and am quite happy with it.[/QUOTE]
The Nyko ones(also officially licensed by Sony I believe) are also decent, but they're the same size as the official ones.

Hm lots of stores have had the ps2 on clearance for a few months now. Is it a sign that Sony is going to discontinue the ps2 after e3 and have those resources put towards the ngp ?

[quote name='Enuf']$84.50 right?
ToysRus does the clearance % off deals consistantly the question is now do you wait & hope people won't jump on the $85...or wait till GS & BB start clearancing them out. If there's another $50 TRU gc offer I'll jump on it use the gc on the system making it $35.[/QUOTE]

What $50 TRU GC offer are you referring to?

[quote name='strait edge follower']Hm lots of stores have had the ps2 on clearance for a few months now. Is it a sign that Sony is going to discontinue the ps2 after e3 and have those resources put towards the ngp ?[/QUOTE]

Would be cool if they released a PS2 emulator for PS3 at E3 if they aren't going to ship any more PS2's to the United States.

bread's done
Back