CAGcast #239: Super Turban Wearing Black People Online Edition HD Remix: ETG

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][IMG-L=5838]15060[/IMG-L]This CAGcast was listener generated, so if you don't like, it's probably your fault. Submit questions or topics for next week's show via CAGbag or Twitter.

[podcast]148[/podcast]
Download - 78 minutes, 48MB
iTunes: Subscribe - Review

Support the CAGcast with these GoDaddy coupon codes:
10% off any order = CAG10
$5 off $30 = CAG5OFF30
$7.49 domain = CAGDOMAIN
Deluxe Hosting for the price of Economy = CAGECO[/preview]

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):
Intro - Michael Buble - Spiderman

coming soon

Follow us on Twitter
Cheap Ass Gamer on Facebook
CheapyD's Youtube Videos (Subscribe)
CheapyD's Flickr Page (Subscribe)

Outro: Michael Buble - Spiderman

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to hear that my "Thuglife" addition, as well as my added section "CheapyD's Rubbers & Shit Corner" made an appearance on the show.

Really looking forward to another user-generated show in the future, great show as usual!

I'm with Shipwreck on downloading every single piece of free content that you can since they charge for most things on XBL and PSN. You've got to take what you can get.

Seems like this came out just a bit too early since PSN seems to be going up across the country right now.

I really enjoyed this episode, you guys should do a user generated show at least once a month or something around that line.

I think wombat saying he is funny, is not so funny.
Shipwreck hhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm... nice contribution? Seriously not much input you should work on it.

Cheapy... That wasn't enough info on your hawaii vacation I wanted to know places you went to and specs for that mac.

overall, I think it was short because of the missed week. Seemed to be a little uninspired this week also.

That was a pretty cheapass show, but if Little Big Planet taught us anything it's that user created content is more shit and penis pictures, less substance.

I still enjoyed it though.

I liked it, and I didn't even contribute to the google doc. Looking forward to the upcoming E3 predictions and excitement. Can't wait to hear about the 8th gen consoles and hopefully it's not all about improved motion and 3d. Also, i've been looking for another good book about japan from an outsiders perspective ever since i read Tokyo Vice. So thanks for mentioning Black Passenger Yellow Cab, I'm about to go order that off amazon.

PS shipwreck don't die from the gingercancer, your the perfect counterbalance to the shits and dicks that are cheapy and wombat. Chop that shit off your face before it's too late!

The show was pretty ok, the reason it wasn't great was no fault of the outline though, it was the length. Seriously guys, start doing longer shows so you can go out on tangents and spend some time on them without needing to rush. There's nothing worse than when hosts rush a show. Most of the podcasts i listen to today (bombcast for example) are 120-150minutes long, this is 78 :/

Great show one of the best in a long time, perhaps every 10th show could be user generated. I didn't get to input but it turned out great any way, and I much prefer Wombat's GoDaddy slogan "Its godaddy or go fuck yourself" gets a laugh from every time. Thanks guys.

[quote name='Swoxx']The show was pretty ok, the reason it wasn't great was no fault of the outline though, it was the length. Seriously guys, start doing longer shows so you can go out on tangents and spend some time on them without needing to rush. There's nothing worse than when hosts rush a show. Most of the podcasts i listen to today (bombcast for example) are 120-150minutes long, this is 78 :/[/QUOTE]
The insane time zone difference, combined with our family lives, produces a pretty short window for us to record. While I'm just starting my day, these guys have already worked full days and are ready to crash (especially Wombat). He's got another kid inbound so 2hr+ shows are probably not realistic.

[quote name='CheapyD']The insane time zone difference, combined with our family lives, produces a pretty short window for us to record. While I'm just starting my day, these guys have already worked full days and are ready to crash (especially Wombat). He's got another kid inbound so 2hr+ shows are probably not realistic.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I of course realize this. Maybe I was a bit harsh. I've listened since the 50th or so episode, so It's just the fact that I love your guys show so much that I want more. Anything is better than nothing so keep it up, i critique out of love!

Cheers

[quote name='Swoxx']The show was pretty ok, the reason it wasn't great was no fault of the outline though, it was the length. Seriously guys, start doing longer shows so you can go out on tangents and spend some time on them without needing to rush. There's nothing worse than when hosts rush a show. Most of the podcasts i listen to today (bombcast for example) are 120-150minutes long, this is 78 :/[/QUOTE]

The Bombcast is recorded during work hours as part of their job.

But I hope Cheapy and Shipwreck will do some 2-man CAGcasts when Wombat is unavailable due to the new baby.

[quote name='Curufinwe']The Bombcast is recorded during work hours as part of their job.

But I hope Cheapy and Shipwreck will do some 2-man CAGcasts when Wombat is unavailable due to the new baby.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know, you make a good point. It's way harder for these guys to do it. But most people agree that a longer cagcast would be better. And a better podcast would serve cag in the end

Wombat, you should probably read this in your mocking voice.

The new My Little Ponies still have tramp stamps.
As for the ponies in the Wombat house, my guess is that the pink one is Pinkie Pie. The blue one is probably Rainbow Dash. Here's what they look like in the new show.

150px-PinkiePieHiRes.png
210px-Dash.jpg

I don't have any children; I just started watching it when I read the A.V. Club's review and haven't looked back since.

I disagree. I don't think any podcast should be longer than 60 minutes with a grace period of 90 minutes. I listen to a lot of podcasts and I can't dedicate 3 hours at a time to listen to my shows. I also find it somewhat disorienting to stop listening to a podcast in the middle and pick it up again the next day. I was checking out the Giant Bombcast and I decided not to subscribe to it on account of the length.

Also, I was surprised and disappointed that the crew let the Flight of the Conchords reference go right over their heads in the beginning of the episode. I thought you guys had HBO and liked stuff that's really awesome. :whistle2:k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FArZxLj6DLk

[quote name='CheapyD']The insane time zone difference, combined with our family lives, produces a pretty short window for us to record. While I'm just starting my day, these guys have already worked full days and are ready to crash (especially Wombat). He's got another kid inbound so 2hr+ shows are probably not realistic.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with CheapyD on this one. Time Zone differences combined with family responsibilities makes it difficult to pull something that long together. Be thankful of what we have so far and be very happy they haven't canceled because no one has time anymore. It *may* happen one day because all good things must come to an end.

I would like to hear more guests on the show...maybe once every month or two. It can be anyone..from someone in the gaming industry to some random dude CheapyD pulled off the street. :D I dunno surprise us one day.

Cheapy, I want you to have a look at this guy's blog: http://www.illdoctrine.com/

You probably won't agree with a lot of what he says, but I'd like to focus on one point. He says that there is a distinct difference between accusing someone of doing something racist, and accusing them of BEING a racist. He also says that accusing them of being a racist is a much easier charge because they can always say, "I'm not and you can't prove that I am."

I don't believe you're a racist, Cheapy. I do believe that a lot of what you say is racist, and you think it's funny because it's racist, and you think it's funny that some people DON'T think it's funny because it's racist.

Even though I don't think you're racist, I don't think the racist jokes are funny (though I understand you love Howard Stern, who has taught you that offending people for no reason is the height of comedy). I also think that when you go out of your way to say racist things (even though you are not a racist) just to get a rise out of the minority (singular) still listening to your show, that's trolling. I don't think that's funny either.

At the end of the day, there is a difference between a racist and someone who does or says racist things. That difference is far more significant to the non-racist than it is to anyone else. Because Cheapy? When you say racist things, you are still saying racist things. It doesn't matter how much of a racist you aren't.

Cheapy, there are lots of other ways for you to be funny. Calling your show "Super Turban Wearing Black People Online Edition HD Remix: ETG" is funny because it's a ridiculously long title. Not because of the "Turban Wearing Black People" part. The fact that you threw that in there to try to troll people is offensive to me. Not because you relate to anyone as a "Turban Wearing Black Person," but because you're trying to troll me and you're intentionally disrespecting your black listeners because, ha ha, you can get them to think you're a racist even though you're not, joke's on them, they're wrong, so that makes whatever horrible thing you just said A-OK, doesn't it?

The title is a reference to Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix. Cheapy also probably had nothing to do with making the title, he probably just went along with it to continue the "community-generated" theme.

Hey cheapy
I LOVED THE SHOW :)

I just wanted to ask if i can attend your E3 party if I'm under 18 (I'm 17)
Thank You in advance

The Bombcast is longer, but I never make it to the end. The last third or so is boring. Better to have a tighter, more focused cast than a long drawn out one where the hosts and listeners are begging for it to end. Although I don't know if I would call the cagcast focused, still my favorite.

Don't know who made fun of cheapy for asking about "apps" for his computer, but come on.

App is short for application. Any computer program can be called an application.

..especially on a mac, where an application's file extension is .app

I love the cagcast. It's fantabulous. Reading over the comments here I realized how grateful I am that I don't have anyone like the Lobster (above) in my life. To me he's a boring fascist. I find it easier to cut out overly defensive prickly people. As far as I'm concerned worrying about skin color is as ridiculous as worrying about eye color or the length of someone's earlobes. I think assessing and discussing the problems with different sub-cultures (as Chris Rock does) is very helpful, but race issues are only going to get more and more bogged down (if that's possible) if people like the obsessed Lobster have their way.

Just to clarify, while IBM divested their floundering personal computer and laptop line 5-6 years ago, they are still very much in the hardware business. The IBM server and mainframe business accounted for over 18 billion dollars in revenue in 2010. Watson on Jeopardy was basically an infomercial to drum up interest in selling a new hardware solution aimed at research and medical industries.

Cheapy, go watch Anchorman.

Shipwreck and Wombat, go watch DD Director's Cut.

Open up your minds.

Did you ever notice that people are utter pigs about taking shits in their workplace? I've worked in several places where an unknown employee somehow managed to miss the bowl (not just pee) or didn't flush, or left skid marks ON the seat. DO they do that at home? Seriously, how can people be THAT that disgusting and sloppy?

For the record, My Little Sea Ponies were AWESOME. True, they were the most fun in the tub or the pool (they had little floats), but they were still fun.
In an effort to be somewhat game related, I really like the Expert Analysts section. I find it amusing and it's interesting to hear the logic behind your choices.
Also, supposedly PS3 trade-ins are up right now, so hopefully it'll put some downward pressure on used prices and I can go get me some cheap Portal 2. And for some reason, I can still watch Netflix on my PS3. Haven't checked around to see how many other people can, though.

Great show gentlemen.

Cheapy, you walked into the same trap that other people have in calling PSN free. PSN is included in the price of the PS hardware. If you take the position that it is free, then Sony can pull the plug at any time and as a consumer, you would not have any recourse. If they didn't sell games such as MAG or Warhawk, that are online only, I think there is a stronger argument. The fact that online only games are offered, means that online is integral to the experience.

Fortunately, PSN is up and hopefully we will not go back down.

[quote name='RisenShadow']Did you ever notice that people are utter pigs about taking shits in their workplace? I've worked in several places where an unknown employee somehow managed to miss the bowl (not just pee) or didn't flush, or left skid marks ON the seat. DO they do that at home? Seriously, how can people be THAT that disgusting and sloppy?[/QUOTE]

You are correct. I've worked at my job for 6 years and so far I've heard of 4 or 5 bowel movements being done on the floor. But every time it was done in the womens restroom. Women are disgusting. That's backed up even more by the horror stories about similar stuff being done in dressing rooms in the store my wife used to work at. Poop, pissing in bags, used tampons...just...horrific.

When I put that in the outline, I even included a link to that very same YouTube video. I really thought they would recognize it just from the quote, though.

Wombat,

I am curious as to what type of Keurig coffee do you like? I have been hooked on Wolfgang Puck's Jamaica Me Crazy lately, I also like the Donut Shop coffee. I tend to like a medium roast. Dark is too strong and the light is like water.

Sorry to hear your machine broke, I would go nuts without mine, We got the 70 model from Costco on a special with 60 k-cups for 139. I would imagine newborn or not you will be getting a new machine soon if you already haven't

I think you really overstated the effects of the PSN outage on the publishers/developers. Obviously it will have a significant effect, but to state that Arcana Hearts won't sell any copies due to a 3-4 week delay? C'mon. I'd wager that there are very few people (if any) that were planning on buying Arcana Hearts but won't because of a delay. Financials will be delayed, but not completely lost.

The smart thing to do would be to stagger the release of content until they are caught up, and provide gratis advertising for the new releases. And if they wanted to be really cool, select some of the delayed games as the free games Sony is giving away. That'd never happen though.

I swear that wombat's daughter has been two years old for about 2 years now. There was a time when i thought she was the same age as my daughter (she'll be 4 in june).

I would advise that you avoid kinectimals for a few years wombat. I tried it again recently with my daughter and it was a frustrating experience. "Move your hand up, down, down, up, up , left, no left, up, ok hold it there, hold it, no up, up, right, hold it there, hold it there." And that's just to get her to start the game.

I am siding with wombat on the success of the 3DS. . . i think the second generation will be more successful. The $250 price tag is just too high, and a reduction of $50 will not help. Do you really think a large amount of people would spend $200 for a 7 year old? I think they would just get them a regular DS.

Please discuss Carebears on the next show.

First CheapyD falls for the hype and gets a 3DTV, then buys a 3DS he'll never turn on again. But now Wombat got a Kinect? Such a sad day, Oprah rules you all.

[quote name='Doomed']The title is a reference to Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix. Cheapy also probably had nothing to do with making the title, he probably just went along with it to continue the "community-generated" theme.[/QUOTE]

I was the one who did the Super Turbo HD Remix Tribute... Actually at one point it was:

Super Community De-Generated xXx Hyper Turbo #Reloaded HD Remix 5D’s 3D Double DD (with Pre-Order DLC) [Retailer Specific] Ultimate Ultra Limited Extreme Legendary Hardened Prestige Anniversary Edition: Evolved: The Movie: Part 1: The Reckoning: Origins: Awakening Episode 2: Electric Boogaloo

Then the Racist people came in and changed it.

On a side note, that is the second time my CAG user name has been said on a CAG cast!! I am gunning for you Frisky Tanuki ;)

[quote name='4thHorseman']You are correct. I've worked at my job for 6 years and so far I've heard of 4 or 5 bowel movements being done on the floor. But every time it was done in the womens restroom. Women are disgusting. That's backed up even more by the horror stories about similar stuff being done in dressing rooms in the store my wife used to work at. Poop, pissing in bags, used tampons...just...horrific.[/QUOTE]

I can't stop laughing lolololololol

bread's done
Back