EA Sports Active 2 $19.99 Target B&M

Here's the obvious question: Is this the game-only or the bundle with the sensors?

I'd guess it's the bundle but I do know they sell the game standalone so I want to make sure.

If I can find a 360 copy at one of my local stores, I'm totally getting it.

I tried to get one when TRU had it for $20 to no avail.

Second question though for those familiar. Can the game itself be flipped on Amazon without sending the sensors with it? I just want a second set of sensors and the bundle for $20 is cheaper than a standalone set of sensors.

[quote name='ssr']Here's the obvious question: Is this the game-only or the bundle with the sensors?

I'd guess it's the bundle but I do know they sell the game standalone so I want to make sure.[/QUOTE]

I've never seen the game standalone at Target so I assume it's the bundle.

[quote name='ssr']Second question though for those familiar. Can the game itself be flipped on Amazon without sending the sensors with it? I just want a second set of sensors and the bundle for $20 is cheaper than a standalone set of sensors.[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering this too. I saw though on Best Buy's video game estimator that you can trade it in for an $8.00 gift card for just the game except for the wii version, which is only a $6.00 gift card.

Just called my Target and put one on hold. It's the bundle and he confirmed the temporary price cut! Sweet! I get a 10% discount there too. Thanks, OP!!

[quote name='AJVtony831']I've never seen the game standalone at Target so I assume it's the bundle.[/QUOTE]

EA Sports Active 2 is only sold in one form, with the sensor(s). I wouldn't consider it a bundle since this product is unplayable without the sensor(s).

[quote name='Dranakin']Costco has it for $14.98, if you want to go that route too.[/QUOTE]

IMO that deal is YMMV, since it wasn't available at my local Costco, and looked like it wasn't available there for some time.

Since the market is flooded with this product, every Target should have this in stock...

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']EA Sports Active 2 is only sold in one form, with the sensor(s). I wouldn't consider it a bundle since this product is unplayable without the sensor(s).[/QUOTE]

I swear I've seen the game alone in the glass case at Walmart. I very well could be remembering incorrectly cause I can't seem to find on Google any indication that it's sold alone but I would put money on my memory that I've seen it in Walmart before.

[quote name='ssr']I swear I've seen the game alone in the glass case at Walmart. I very well could be remembering incorrectly cause I can't seem to find on Google any indication that it's sold alone but I would put money on my memory that I've seen it in Walmart before.[/QUOTE]

The CD inside the box is packed liked a traditional game, so if you saw it in a glass case, perhaps it fell out and got separated from the retail packaging and it was just shelved like an individual game.

Since this game needs the sensor(s) to use it doesn't make sense to sell the CD separately, just like it doesn't make sense for Nintendo to sell the original Wii Fit from the Balance Board. But if there is ever a EA Active 3, I am sure it will be sold separately...

My god there's tons of these sitting on the shelf at my target. Good price though and I got one of these at TRU awhile back for the same price.

This might be a dumb question but could the wii version of the bands/monitors work with the PS3 version of them. The reason I ask is because I'm thinking of picking up the wii version for my gf and seeing if she can bring the monitors to my house when she comes by to play with my PS3 version that I already got.

Thanks

[quote name='boogie4114']This might be a dumb question but could the wii version of the bands/monitors work with the PS3 version of them. The reason I ask is because I'm thinking of picking up the wii version for my gf and seeing if she can bring the monitors to my house when she comes by to play with my PS3 version that I already got.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I don't know for certain, but it could since they both use arm and leg sensors and a plug-in USB receiver. I would think that in order to save on manufacturing costs EA would have the same version be compatible for both the PS3 and Wii.

I suggest you contact EA to get a definative answer...

[quote name='boogie4114']This might be a dumb question but could the wii version of the bands/monitors work with the PS3 version of them. The reason I ask is because I'm thinking of picking up the wii version for my gf and seeing if she can bring the monitors to my house when she comes by to play with my PS3 version that I already got.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

That's a good question. Just remember that the Wii bundle comes with one less sensor because the Wiimote is subbed in, so I'm not sure how it would work even if they're the same parts/sensors across the consoles.

Did one workout! Felt great. For the most part the sensors are accurate, give or take a couple reps. Great deal. Thanks OP!

[quote name='LordVila']How does this compare to Your Shape Fitness Evolved for Kinect?[/QUOTE]

I have Your Shape, and while I do enjoy some aspects of it, based on what I've read about EA Sports Active, Your Shape is comparable to a warm-up while EA Active is the workout, given it apparently has a multi-week program that you can do.

One thing I don't like about Your Shape is that when they introduce a new exercise, you have to perfect it--in "rhythm"--before you can move on. Needless to say, I've quit the routines a couple times because while I have been doing what the exercise calls for, I have failed to get credit for it.

Once you get past that though, you won't be penalized for missing the rhythm or doing an exercise not correctly entirely.

Thanks for the tip! I just picked up the last 360 copy at the Columbia Heights, Washington DC store. They still had 5 or 6 PS3 copies available.

I really wanted the 360 one but couldn't find one so I went with PS3 instead. They had about two left of the PS3 version and tons of Wii ones at the one in Mission, KS. None at the Shawnee one, though.

Thanks for the heads up!

Man, this thing kicked my ass yesterday. Picked up the PS3 version, as I need to lose weight and I'm far more likely to actually do it when I can just stay home. Excellent deal.

Went to Target and bought the PS3 version today. They still had multiple copies for all systems when I left.

Thanks tc, i saw the deal for the costco one at 14.99 but it's ymmv and i do not have a costco card lol so i'll just head on to my local target and pay the extra 5 :)

[quote name='Raccoon2117']I have Your Shape, and while I do enjoy some aspects of it, based on what I've read about EA Sports Active, Your Shape is comparable to a warm-up while EA Active is the workout, given it apparently has a multi-week program that you can do.[/QUOTE]

I would disagree with this. Your Shape has plenty of full workouts, and you can certainly string together workouts and exercises.

What Your Shape lacks and what EA Sports Active's strength is is the number of included programs and the ability to design your own. This is a terrible omission from Your Shape and shameful when you realize they didn't include this so that they could do it themselves and sell it to you as DLC.

The two are good in tandem. I find that alternating days with them helps break monotony and boredom.

[quote name='Raccoon2117']One thing I don't like about Your Shape is that when they introduce a new exercise, you have to perfect it--in "rhythm"--before you can move on. Needless to say, I've quit the routines a couple times because while I have been doing what the exercise calls for, I have failed to get credit for it.[/QUOTE]

And yet I hate that Sports Active waits for you to fulfill whatever its sensors determine is "enough" -- this is mainly a complaint against the first one, but I've read tons of comments that lag and unregistered moves are still frequent on Sports Active 2.

I have sworn and talked back to Sports Active so many times because it doesn't recognize my actions. It had me dying to get back to Your Shape which may ding you for not completing something, but at least won't stop dead in its tracks while you try and figure out what is displeasing it.

Anyway, both have strengths and flaws. Both are good together because once you get tired/annoyed with one, you can use the other. I'm avoiding EA Sports Active 2 because of the high failure rate and the annoyances that haven't been corrected from the first.

Is this advertised somewhere, i.e. able to be price-matched at Wal-Mart or Best Buy? My Target is OOS of the 360 version and I really want that one since I have a Kinect. I guess I could go with PS3 but I think this is one of those 'games' that would really benefit from Kinect.

[quote name='dudejeff22']Is this advertised somewhere, i.e. able to be price-matched at Wal-Mart or Best Buy? My Target is OOS of the 360 version and I really want that one since I have a Kinect. I guess I could go with PS3 but I think this is one of those 'games' that would really benefit from Kinect.[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, its not advertised except for on the shelf tag (maybe take a photo of it?).

FYI, the reviews I've read seem to indicate the PS3 and Wii versions are superior than the 360 one because the tracking on Kinect is wonky/annoying.

[quote name='dudejeff22']Is this advertised somewhere, i.e. able to be price-matched at Wal-Mart or Best Buy? My Target is OOS of the 360 version and I really want that one since I have a Kinect. I guess I could go with PS3 but I think this is one of those 'games' that would really benefit from Kinect.[/QUOTE]

This is not advertised, but I have the feeling that other retailers will have this at simular price points soon. I did see at one Walmart location that the PS3 version was being clearenced at $20 but the 360 version was still $40.

Picked up a Target exclusive PS3 version in Frederick, MD today. They still had a lot left, including other Target exclusive versions.

Thanks OP!

Picked up a ps3 version today! For some reason the shelf said 19.99 for the 360 but regular price for ps3. Luckily it rang up as 19.99! Thanks OP

Since you have the Kinect already you might want to make the investment in the 360 version but as another above posted said, I've read many reviews that say the 360 version is not very accurate in tracking what you're doing.

There is suppose to be a game inside these bundles, correct? I get home and all the senors, bands and batteries are there unopened but no game. I go in to exchange it for another one and that had no game as well. the radio back to electronics and supposedly open one and it had no game in it too.

This can't be played without the game and the don't sell the game separate on the shelves. I was told it doesn't come with a game so I just got my money back.

I just picked it up today at s.plainfield NJ target. Had like 10 of the ps3 versions. The attachments and everything is so cool and works great! I'll play it for a few days and maybe get a second one. 5 star deal!

included..
game
heart monitor
arm and leg sensor
6 triple A batteries
resistance band (meh)

bread's done
Back