Monster Tale DS $19.99 @ Target

lombarvm

CAGiversary!
Monster Tale DS is currently $19.99 at Target stores. I couldn't find an online listing for the game, so this is probably just in store.

0515111846.jpg

Nice find, OP!

I currently got this game at full price and it was certainly worth it. Don't let the look fool you, this is a well done Metroidvania clone from the guys responsible for Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure. Well worth the cash, especially at this price.

Oh hell yes, I'm going to buy that this instant. Plus it's clearance Monday. Been wanting this game (and just got Henry Hatsworth over the weekend).

Nice, I have been wanting this game. I loved Henry Hatsworth and would like to try this as well... I don't even know if my Target has this game though, will check next time I'm there!

Thanks for posting!

[quote name='dumlaox']Nice find, OP!

I currently got this game at full price and it was certainly worth it. Don't let the look fool you, this is a well done Metroidvania clone from the guys responsible for Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure. Well worth the cash, especially at this price.[/QUOTE]

Im assuming you mean its like metroid and castlevania then?

So its like a 2d sidescroller, exploration game? Id not heard of it till now but your metroidvania comment made me take an interest. I love those kinds of games if they are done well.

Sold out at my local store. Don't forget you can get a raincheck to get it at the sale price once they get more in stock (assuming they get more).

[quote name='gargus']Im assuming you mean its like metroid and castlevania then?

So its like a 2d sidescroller, exploration game? Id not heard of it till now but your metroidvania comment made me take an interest. I love those kinds of games if they are done well.[/QUOTE]

That's correct. They do promote the monster raising element but the 2D exploration really is at the heart of the game. My only gripe is the backtracking but when you figure that it's part of the genre, it isn't so bad.

Picked up th next to last copy at my local store (Gaithersburg, MD). Also picked up Thor for the same price. 2D goodness awaits!

My target copy has the funny wrapping with the seams along the side (no folds along the top&bottom). I assume this is standard factory wrap for this game?

[quote name='bruceg']My target copy has the funny wrapping with the seams along the side (no folds along the top&bottom). I assume this is standard factory wrap for this game?[/QUOTE]

whats up with that wrapping? Ive seen it on some DS games. Is that a re-seal job, or do some lesser 3rd party games just get wrapped that way? It makes me very leery shopping on ebay and stuff with some games being wrapped that way without the tri fold corners

[quote name='Kenshindono']whats up with that wrapping? Ive seen it on some DS games. Is that a re-seal job, or do some lesser 3rd party games just get wrapped that way? It makes me very leery shopping on ebay and stuff with some games being wrapped that way without the tri fold corners[/QUOTE]

I've noticed the same issue on many PS3 games . . . they come brand new with what looks like a homemade shrinkwrap job, as opposed to the y-fold seals. I am also very suspicious of these kinds of games, I always think someone could have opened the game and re-shrunk it later. Even more strange, I have bought different copies of the same game, and one came with y-folds, the other shrinkwrapped. I don't understand why brand new games can vary so much on the packaging . . . very sketchy!

[quote name='chimpmeister']I've noticed the same issue on many PS3 games . . . they come brand new with what looks like a homemade shrinkwrap job, as opposed to the y-fold seals. I am also very suspicious of these kinds of games, I always think someone could have opened the game and re-shrunk it later. Even more strange, I have bought different copies of the same game, and one came with y-folds, the other shrinkwrapped. I don't understand why brand new games can vary so much on the packaging . . . very sketchy![/QUOTE]

I don't think its a problem if you are buying from a reputable retailer like Walmart or Target (Gamestop not so much). Game companies are probably trying to save money on wrapping and the uglier wrap is probably cheaper so they use that. It could just be the games were wrapped in different plants when manufacturing as well.

If its one game that is wrapped funny while all the others in the row are wrapped the same then you know that the one has been used but if its many wrapped the same way then I don't see a problem.

[quote name='mjc819']Are these still going to be on sale tomorrow or was it only for last week?[/QUOTE]

Judging from the image in the OP, sale price ended on 5/21, last week.

bread's done
Back