Best Buy Mission Valley Gamers Club!

Nealocus123

That's Vagtastic!
Feedback
13 (100%)
!!!MAJOR UPDATE!!!
Your Best Buy Mission Valley is now price matching Amazon INCLUDING no tax. Why wait for your game while you can come to our store and get it faster and for the same exact price! I've fought hard to get this fella's so please take advantage of it!!

Now, let's get this out of the way. I realize most CAG's that have shopped at Best Buy may not have had the greatest experience, however I genuinely hope that I can change peoples perception of our store.

Now that that's out of the way, my name is Neal and I am currently the gaming senior in Best Buy Mission Valleys gaming department. The company, and our store, is currently going through a transformation that involves new leadership and a dedicated gaming sales staff. My supervisor and I consider ourselves pretty big gamers and are really looking forward at an opportunity to start fresh with the gaming community.

First of all I would like to say thanks to all our San Diego CAG's who shop at Best Buy Mission Valley, we really appreciate your business. I've personally met a few of you and would love to see you again! Second I would like to offer my personal help with any Best Buy issues you may have regarding any gaming purchase. I can guarantee you that I'll try everything in my power to make you leave happy. During our midnight release of L.A. Noire we happily price matched the game to $48.99 for every customer (as it was on our Reward Zone Gamer's Club application) and gave each and every person a copy of @Gamer magazine, a Coke and an exclusive DLC code.

If you haven't already please "like" our Facebook page (link provided downwards). I'll post all of our store specific clearance, advertised and un-advertised sales every Sunday. Feel free to ask what we have in stock and I'll try my best to give you a speedy answer. Please "Like" our Facebook page as I will be constantly updating it with promotions, gaming news and exclusive DLC codes!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Best-Buy-Reward-Zone-Gamers-Club-Mission-Valley/226325234050196

Thanks!

Update: I just got more L.A. Noire codes for each system! Same rules as before, if you "like" our Facebook page and comment, I'll make sure to send you a code for the game. If you already "liked" our page and would like a code for a friend, then I'll give one away to any person who pre-orders a game or brings games to trade in while I'm working!

P.S. Don't forget our store is doing trade ins now and we not only have a online game estimator but we give $5 more (on average) than Gamestop! Bring by your old games and we will take them off your hands for a fair price!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some photo's from our L.A. Noire midnight release!

TJatLANoire.jpg

LANoireMidnightRelease2.jpg
LANoireMidnightRelease.jpg

lanoiremidnightrelease2.jpg

That's a pretty good thing you guys did at your store. I use to love going to MV store for games and invents like that. Though, I always hated that that location had a weak music selection. Though, that's probably changed since those few years.

first pic-gives a new meaning to laying down on the job ;)

liked the blue tape body outline and the head on the table with red string to look like blood running down the table, I would have gone to mine but my stupid car started acting up last week.

If anybody has pics of their midnight launch it be nice to see.
liked your face book page-to help out a fellow cag'r-good luck

Awesome bro. I was the one that actually pulled out the app and showed the $48.99 price. Thanks for making it hassle free, that was awesome. +1 for BB this time!

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Awesome bro. I was the one that actually pulled out the app and showed the $48.99 price. Thanks for making it hassle free, that was awesome. +1 for BB this time![/QUOTE]

Nice! I knew you were a CAG! You saved me some money too, I thought that deal was long dead.

As far as the codes go, I possibly have 2 Xbox 360 codes or 1 PS3 and 1 Xbox 360 code available (waiting on someones system preference). If you don't manage to get a code I still recommend you "like" the page as we will have these things often! Thanks guys!

Update: I only have 2 Xbox cards left. PS3 went fast!

[quote name='Nealocus123']Nice! I knew you were a CAG! You saved me some money too, I thought that deal was long dead.

As far as the codes go, I possibly have 2 Xbox 360 codes or 1 PS3 and 1 Xbox 360 code available (waiting on someones system preference). If you don't manage to get a code I still recommend you "like" the page as we will have these things often! Thanks guys![/QUOTE]

Funny thing was that I was taking a midnight study break and right before I left I was on CAG and saw the $48.99 app price. I figured it was worth a shot. I wasn't going to make a big deal if it wasn't honored but it was cool how it was honored hassle free.

I was going to ask if you guys were able to give me one more for a buddy who wasn't able to make it to the midnight launch. If you have an extra one, that'd be awesome. PS3 please. Thanks!

Nealocus,

PM'd you about one of the Xbox cases. Just "liked" you guys on facebook. Didn't even know you guys have a facebook page!

[quote name='Nealocus123']!!!MAJOR UPDATE!!!
Your Best Buy Mission Valley is now price matching Amazon INCLUDING no tax. Why wait for your game while you can come to our store and get it faster and for the same exact price! I've fought hard to get this fella's so please take advantage of it!!

P.S. Don't forget our store is doing trade ins now and we not only have a online game estimator but we give $5 more (on average) than Gamestop! Bring by your old games and we will take them off your hands for a fair price![/QUOTE]

Wait...let me get this straight. MV store is price matching the 20 dollar promo deal with no tax? If so...I'm heading over there! I don't want your effort to go to waste. Also helps that you now do trade ins. I was just about to head to the Chula Vista location cause I know they do trades. Exciting.

Does this work on those games in the Clearance Bin as well (usually priced $19.99)? I saw one I wanted yesterday that I didn't expect to be there and didn't pull the trigger on it. I'm passing by there later tonight and if it's still there, I'd love to get the price match done on this one.

Thanks in advance for all of your hard work.

I was told by my GM that we will match any Amazon price, not too sure what the $20 promo deal is your talking about though. What exactly is it?

And yes, it will work on any item in the store including the games on clearance. I do not work today though so if you run into any problems (because this is a brand new store initiative and some employees may not know) ask to speak with our general manager. I will however be working tomorrow.

Thank you! appreciate you folks for doing something like this. at least now i dont have to wait on mail from amazon.
also i reckon why dont you press for "trade ins"?
edit
nvm i just saw ur FB page and yes you do take in "trade ins"
double edit
does the price match include other things aside from video games?

[quote name='Nealocus123']I was told by my GM that we will match any Amazon price, not too sure what the $20 promo deal is your talking about though. What exactly is it?

And yes, it will work on any item in the store including the games on clearance. I do not work today though so if you run into any problems (because this is a brand new store initiative and some employees may not know) ask to speak with our general manager. I will however be working tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Amazon is currently offering $20 in promotional credit with purchase of LA Noire. The Best Buy equivalent would just be a $20 gift card to be included with purchase.

[quote name='Nealocus123']I was told by my GM that we will match any Amazon price, not too sure what the $20 promo deal is your talking about though. What exactly is it?

And yes, it will work on any item in the store including the games on clearance. I do not work today though so if you run into any problems (because this is a brand new store initiative and some employees may not know) ask to speak with our general manager. I will however be working tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

So let me get this straight...price match any Amazon price? Including the price of the item not being taxed? I actually stopped by today. I asked one of the guys in the Video Game Department and he said you didn't work and they don't price match Amazon (he had to ask someone about it). If the Amazon pricing (on all items) is something that's real....than I'm gonna visit that store more often.

I did pick up L.A Noire and traded in some games. Trading took a long time cause the lady didn't know how to/system kept giving her issues. I didn't mind waiting though so I wasn't mad at all. Did get a 10 buck giftcard at least. I didn't even ask. Guess the system let her know about the promo.

[quote name='ayepapajohn']YES THANK YOU! I am fortunate enough to live in San Diego and 15 minutes away from the Mission Valley BB[/QUOTE]

I live a little out of the way, but if I can save than I don't mind the trip. As long as there isn't a problem doing so. Good news for customers.

[quote name='Rock_Dash3X']So let me get this straight...price match any Amazon price? Including the price of the item not being taxed? I actually stopped by today. I asked one of the guys in the Video Game Department and he said you didn't work and they don't price match Amazon (he had to ask someone about it). If the Amazon pricing (on all items) is something that's real....than I'm gonna visit that store more often.

I did pick up L.A Noire and traded in some games. Trading took a long time cause the lady didn't know how to/system kept giving her issues. I didn't mind waiting though so I wasn't mad at all. Did get a 10 buck giftcard at least. I didn't even ask. Guess the system let her know about the promo.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure you will still have to pay tax on the price match. Actually, you owe tax on your Amazon purchases too, they just don't collect it for the state as of yet.

Hey Neal,

Do we have to bring a print-out of the Amazon page with the price or is it a "we'll check Amazon when you get in the store"-type of policy? I was hoping to get Wii Party at $19.99 that Amazon had this morning. Thanks again!

Alright guys, let me address a few of these issues.

1. Unfortunately yes, trading in does take a annoyingly long time. Our customer service desk is currently the only place where it can be done. Come the beginning of June, we will be having several over night crews coming in to compress the CD section and add a whole new "answer center" (aka table w/ register and fingerprint reader) where the actual gaming employees can do trade ins. We are also going to a 3 day training beginning of June that will inform all gaming and customer service employees on the trade in process.

2. Technically, I do not work in the gaming department yet. I was promoted to the senior spot, but I will have to wait till next pay period (the 29th) to actually move over to the section. For now I'm in the computer department. In all honesty I'm just super excited to start I've taken it upon myself to create this thread and our Facebook page before I am officially in the department.

3. The price matching will work on anything store wide. Like I stated before it is a new store inititive so every employee may not know, but all of our managers do know.

Edit: My current manager said no for the Amazon gift card matching, but yes on the additional 8.75% discount to cover tax. Hope that clears things up.

4. You don't need to bring in a sheet with the Amazon price, however for your own sake it might be a good idea. Our labor is pretty low and our customer volume is pretty high so it might take some time for you to find an employee to look up the price to match it for you. With a print out you could just grab the item, go to the front lanes, and be on you way.

Keep the questions coming guys. As far as my work scheduale goes feel free to PM me and I'll let you know when I'll be in. I work today 12-8:30pm and tomorrow 8:00am - 5:00pm.

Thanks for all your interest guys, and thanks for being patient. I know things can be a pains sometimes but with a store this big it's hard to educate everyone over night!

PS: Spell check is broken on this computer so don't judge me if I butchered a few words!

Matching Amazon's prices is a good step. I noticed that the dualshock controllers are currently the same price on bestbuy.com already.

The only thing that needs to happen now is rescission of the ID checking policy that takes place when making a return.

[quote name='outphase']Matching Amazon's prices is a good step. I noticed that the dualshock controllers are currently the same price on bestbuy.com already.

The only thing that needs to happen now is rescission of the ID checking policy that takes place when making a return.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately because of all the people taking advantage of the return policy, BBY introduced the ID policy. Hopefully they will find an eaiser way to keep track of returns. However untill then, it is here to stay.

[quote name='Nealocus123']Alright guys, let me address a few of these issues.

1. Unfortunately yes, trading in does take a annoyingly long time. Our customer service desk is currently the only place where it can be done.

3. The price matching will work on anything store wide. Like I stated before it is a new store inititive so every employee may not know, but all of our managers do know.

Edit: My current manager said no for the Amazon gift card matching, but yes on the additional 8.75% discount to cover tax. Hope that clears things up.

4. You don't need to bring in a sheet with the Amazon price, however for your own sake it might be a good idea. Our labor is pretty low and our customer volume is pretty high so it might take some time for you to find an employee to look up the price to match it for you. With a print out you could just grab the item, go to the front lanes, and be on you way.

Keep the questions coming guys. As far as my work scheduale goes feel free to PM me and I'll let you know when I'll be in. I work today 12-8:30pm and tomorrow 8:00am - 5:00pm.

Thanks for all your interest guys, and thanks for being patient. I know things can be a pains sometimes but with a store this big it's hard to educate everyone over night!
[/QUOTE]
1) I don't think it was annoying long. I think my problem was the system woulld not take my finger. Though, DMV and other places has have problems trying to track my thumb print. And signing electronically didn't work well either. On both ends (me and the girl working).

3) So pretty much, the store will price match Amazon prices. Not any kind of promo like free items or credit? Either way, getting the price matched and a discount to get rid of tax is pretty awesome. I'm heading there tomorrow to pick up a movie...as long as Amazon doesn't change the price by now till tomorrow lol.

4)I'm guessing we could show the item on your phone will also work?

I'm stopping by tomorrow if weather is good. Maybe I'll be able to say hi. I'm pretty excited on it. I like a good saving. Thanks for pushing this for your store.

[quote name='Rock_Dash3X']1) I don't think it was annoying long. I think my problem was the system woulld not take my finger. Though, DMV and other places has have problems trying to track my thumb print. And signing electronically didn't work well either. On both ends (me and the girl working).

3) So pretty much, the store will price match Amazon prices. Not any kind of promo like free items or credit? Either way, getting the price matched and a discount to get rid of tax is pretty awesome. I'm heading there tomorrow to pick up a movie...as long as Amazon doesn't change the price by now till tomorrow lol.

4)I'm guessing we could show the item on your phone will also work?

I'm stopping by tomorrow if weather is good. Maybe I'll be able to say hi. I'm pretty excited on it. I like a good saving. Thanks for pushing this for your store.[/QUOTE]

Good, I'm glad it was the system more so than the employee that took up the time. As for now however, no the Amazon PM'ing isn't any kind of promo, wether or not it will stay for months and months to come however is a different story, it all depends on if it helps the store on the back end and the managers want to continue honoring it.

Oh, and a phone will totally work if it's internet ready.

[quote name='Nealocus123']As for now however, no the Amazon PM'ing isn't any kind of promo, wether or not it will stay for months and months to come however is a different story, it all depends on if it helps the store on the back end and the managers want to continue honoring it.

Oh, and a phone will totally work if it's internet ready.[/QUOTE]

Ok cool And when i was talking about promo. I meant like the store will only price match the price. They will not match any added stuff that Amazon offers? I'm sure it's only price. I will be going to pick up a movie today than. Hopefully I'll have no issues. Thanks for letting people know and clearing any kind of questions we have.

So can anyone confirm if they were able to get BB to match Amazon without being hassled too badly :lol:

[quote name='RiCeBo1']So can anyone confirm if they were able to get BB to match Amazon without being hassled too badly :lol:[/QUOTE]

I did today off a movie. Was able to meet Neil and he was able to help make my transaction go smoothly. I went to Customer Service and they seem to know now that it's possible for us to get them to price match Amazon. Though, might be different with different workers.

Hey Neal,
Swung by today around 4, I think you had gone already. Maybe while I'm at work I may swing by to say ellow. Not really anything worthwile price matching amazon at the moment. Any advice on headsets for gaming?

[quote name='CharlieBrown']Stopped by today and asked a couple of employees if they were price matching amazon, but they said no :(. I'll try again Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Which area did you go to? I went to Customer Service and he was there telling each worker that they did now so the 3 girls there knew about it now. I would be guessing that they might of told other CSR that came in for their shifts about it too. So if you go again Sunday, try a CRS.

[quote name='gabolous']Hey Neal,
Swung by today around 4, I think you had gone already. Maybe while I'm at work I may swing by to say ellow. Not really anything worthwile price matching amazon at the moment. Any advice on headsets for gaming?[/QUOTE]

I just picked up some Triton AX180's for $50 at BB a couple of weeks ago. Not bad for the price. I was a little hesitant at first because it was a Mad Catz brand but I still went for it. Sounds a little better than TB's to be honest (and I've owned some TB X11's, PX21's, and Sharkoons).

[quote name='Rock_Dash3X']Which area did you go to? I went to Customer Service and he was there telling each worker that they did now so the 3 girls there knew about it now. I would be guessing that they might of told other CSR that came in for their shifts about it too. So if you go again Sunday, try a CRS.[/QUOTE]

I asked 2 employees in the video game department and 2 other random employees I ran into, and none of them seem to know anything about it. Thanks, I'll try a csr next time.

Try a CSR since they should be the ones ringing you out anyways. And I'm sorry about not being there when I said I was, during my lunch I got in a minor car accident and had to take the rest of my shift off. If it comes down to it, mention my name and tell them I said it was store policy and have them double check with a manager. That way you can go and get your things PM'd without so much trouble.

[quote name='Nealocus123']Try a CSR since they should be the ones ringing you out anyways. And I'm sorry about not being there when I said I was, during my lunch I got in a minor car accident and had to take the rest of my shift off. If it comes down to it, mention my name and tell them I said it was store policy and have them double check with a manager. That way you can go and get your things PM'd without so much trouble.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for all the help! I was able to stop by again yesterday, and luckily this time, I ran into a manager and he told me they were price matching amazon. Had some problems at the front register since none of them seemed to know that they were prize matching amazon now, and I was also charged tax (tried explaining to her how the tax deduction worked, but she just kept telling me she had to charge me tax). All in all though, I'm satisfied. I'll just go straight to a csr next time though, haha. Thanks again for all the help neal.

Hey Neal, what's the return or exchange policy regarding console headsets? I bought one of the Triton AX 180's a week or 2 ago, and figured that if I'm going to be using a headset for the next 2 years, I might as well invest in one that's much better. I was planning on exchanging the Triton's for the Turblebeach DX11's. I figured since I'm going from a cheaper headset to a much more expensive one, I shouldn't have a problem with it. But figure I'd check in and double check before heading out.

Oh yeah, the headset is still new and not beat up. I also bought the replacement plan for it as well. Figured I'll just invest in one that's better.

Gaming items like headsets have a 30 day return / exchange policy. We don't sell back the open item headsets / headphones due to health regulations, so condition isn't as big of a deal as long as it's not totally messed up!

I got a question for Neal or whoever that may know. One of the most confusing things I always see is the debate about discounts coupons on sale price vs regular price. Since there is the 10% off coupon that ends on Monday, wondering if your store will discount on sale price or regular price? Planning on buying a few things and would be nice if this went towards sale. I know it probably depends on the store and person.

I haven't had any problem using the coupons on top of sale items. Half the time those don't work anyways and we have to manually use the discount.

Just a heads up to you guys interested in Madden, we are having a midnight release for it and we're hoping to have a tournament with some prizes or perhaps a free copy of the game. We're kinda discussing everything now but I'll keep you updated!

Hey Neal. How does Mission Valley handle gift cards. I wanna pick up the 4G Xbox 360 Slim. Toys R US has it with a $50 dollar gift card. Do you guys deduct the gift card from the amount making it 149.99 or do u guys not honor matching it? I would like pick it up today if possible. let me know how you guys handle it.
- Glenn

I would like to make an announcement of sorts:

I just finished day 2 of 4 for our new gaming transformation training. We've had two 8am - 6pm meeting so far and all I have to say is WOW. Best Buy is pumping some serious cash into this new initiative and I'm even more excited to make sure you guys see how much harder we're trying (or at least Mission Valley), than before to make sure our gaming department is great. I'll go over more details when the trainings are done but I just wanted to let everyone know what's going on. Thanks!

[quote name='gabolous']Nvm Otay Ranch matched it[/QUOTE]
Sorry for the late response, glad it got taken care of.

Good news! I was able to procure some more L.A. Noire DLC codes for you guys! Same rules as before, if you "like" our Facebook page and send a message or comment than I'll make sure to get you the code for the system of your choice ASAP! If you already "liked" our page and want a code for a friend, I'll give some away to anyone who comes in with game trade ins while I'm working.

On a seperate note our department is going through the final transformation! The dedicated desk and new fixtures are being constructed as we speak by our Projects Team overnight crew! Hopefully we'll see an influx of trading since you will no longer have to wait in the customer service line!

Also, I would like to hear any comments, questions or concerns with any recent experiences you guys have had in our store. Particularly the gaming department, however I'd be more than happy to help with any issues in a separate section. I'm taking this role very seriously and want to know why people are still going to Gamestop as opposed to us. No holds barred. Thanks CAG's!

[quote name='Nealocus123']I'm taking this role very seriously and want to know why people are still going to Gamestop as opposed to us. No holds barred. Thanks CAG's![/QUOTE]

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/07/idUS23255+07-Jun-2011+HUG20110607
(Somebody else posted this link on CAG. Forgot the name, sorry)
With the new promo that I read was announced at E3, I see myself visiting the store more often for the double rewards point. Honestly, I think people go to Gamestop for preorder bonus. Though, I hate the new trend of dlc as gifts. What happen to physicals?

[quote name='Rock_Dash3X']http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/06/07/idUS23255+07-Jun-2011+HUG20110607
(Somebody else posted this link on CAG. Forgot the name, sorry)
With the new promo that I read was announced at E3, I see myself visiting the store more often for the double rewards point. Honestly, I think people go to Gamestop for preorder bonus. Though, I hate the new trend of dlc as gifts. What happen to physicals?[/QUOTE]

Awesome link! I'm glad we're starting an official "membership" to compete with Gamestop. In my opinion (despite the fact that I work for Best Buy) @Gamer is a better magazine option when compared to GameInformer simply because of the coupons. However I understand your complaints with DLC, I as a core gamer really wish I didn't have to "choose" where I'm going to buy it simply based on exclusive DLC. It's a shame but it just seems like this is the way the industry is headed.

[quote name='Nealocus123']Awesome link! I'm glad we're starting an official "membership" to compete with Gamestop. In my opinion (despite the fact that I work for Best Buy) @Gamer is a better magazine option when compared to GameInformer simply because of the coupons. However I understand your complaints with DLC, I as a core gamer really wish I didn't have to "choose" where I'm going to buy it simply based on exclusive DLC. It's a shame but it just seems like this is the way the industry is headed.[/QUOTE]

Eh, the articles in GI are better. And coupons only bring prices down to what most stores sell them for. If you could actually use them on sale prices, they'd actually be worth it.

bread's done
Back