Sony's Xperia Play Launching On May 26

Organization_XIII

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
The long-awaited PlayStation phone is set to be released by the end of this month, and will come preloaded with seven games.

The gaming phone, which will retail for $199 with a new Verizon Wireless plan that includes a $29.99 data plan, will launch in the U.S. on May 26. The system runs the Android 2.3 OS, and will come preloaded with seven games: Asphalt 6: Adrenaline, Bruce Lee Dragon Warrior, Crash Bandicoot (PlayStation original), Madden NFL 11, Star Battalion, The Sims 3, and the portable stalwart Tetris.

Verizon will begin taking preorders this Thursday for a May 26 release. Sony says there will be 50 downloadable games available at launch, including many original PSone titles.

[quote name='Gamehead']So who really wants this phone? It doesn't look very impressive as a gaming device.[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm stuck with att, buy I'm very interested to see what this thing can do when rooted.

Just realized there's a mobile gaming section on CAG!

I got an Xperia Play recently. A friend of mine is a Verizon dealer and he actually traded in his other Android to get the Xperia - how's that for a sales pitch?

It's unfortunate Sony doesn't have the PS Suite up yet, I don't know why they would release a device like this and not have the infrastructure ready to support it. The PS1 games available are all pretty forgettable and you can't even find them easily on the Marketplace.

I do enjoy being able to navigate menus with the D-pad, though, and emulators on it are awesome. I love being able to have my NES collection on my phone at the bus stop.

It's very nice hardware and if Sony would support the device more, I think I'd be totally satisfied.

Anyone have one of these? It's due out next Sunday for AT&T and I'm ready to upgrade my iPhone 3G and was wondering what current owners thought about it. I couldn't care less about the iPhone 5 at this point but may hold out for the Galaxy S2.

Are there any music players with drag and drop on this thing? If I could have mobile nes and snes emulators along with a decent music player this would be the phone for me.

I'm eligible to upgrade my phone early in December, and I'm seriously considering the Xperia Play and the Motorola Atrix. I know the Atrix is easily the more powerful phone, but I do like the idea of having a gaming phone. I'd appreciate any input from CAGs that own the Xperia Play. Thanks in advance.

I want the s.e.x. play phone but refuse to because I can't use any of the stuff i already have on my psn account. Pretty shady

bread's done
Back