Amazon Release Date Shipping - 6PM no delivery yet.

Haggar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I know there was a bunch of delays with LA Noire deliveries, but my package was not effected by that. In fact, it's been "Out For Delivery" since 5am this morning. It's now 6pm, UPS still shows it as on schedule for being delivered today, and can arrive 7pm "or later".

I was just wondering how everyone else's experience with RDD from Amazon has been? This is my 3rd time using it and the first time I am disappointed.

My first experience was with Mortal Kombat Kollector's Edition and that was Fed Exed overnight to me.
Second experience was for Motorstorm Apocalypse and that was sent USPS and I had it the next day.
LA Noire was shipped UPS Ground and I still haven't received it. It seems like every time I use it they pick a slower shipping method to send it.

Yeah, my UPS guy seems psychic and always shows up at 7pm whenever I'm waiting for a game to arrive, like he's fucking with me or something.

But the three times I've used release date delivery it has shown up on the release date, so it might be just you, or your local UPS guy, or something.

Same. Still waiting. I will just go buy it at a store tonight or something, this is ridiculous. It's been out for delivery since 7am.

All depends on the routes they create for the drivers, which is based off of packages they have to go out that day. So it's pretty much all calculated by machine for drivers to most efficiently deliver the most packages within a day. I've had a delivery as last as 9:00PM (or was it 9:30PM?) once. Sometimes I get packages about noon, sometimes 3PM and sometimes 6PM.

Now UPS and FedEx do have special shipping that's like "By 10AM" or "By 3PM". Of course Amazon's shipping through them does not have such options and are just "By end of day" more or less.

UPS has up to 7PM for residential delivery to have it delivered the same day. Business delivery can be earlier in the day than 4PM or 4:30PM, though you have to pay for it.

If it doesn't show up by 7PM, then you can complain.

i ordered like 3 items

item one came at 1030am
item two came at 45opm
the last time never showed till 745pm ( that was ff 4 for the psp)

Yeah, UPS Next day with Amazon.com release day delivery almost always shows up at the end of the day at 7pm for me even though the main hub is only 10 minutes from my house.

Stuff tends come come between noon and 3 pm at my place. Very seldom is anything delivered earlier or later than that by UPS or Fed Ex. Postal mail usually arrives 4-5pm.

This really annoys me about release date delivery packages. I mean it's nice to get it on the release date without leaving the house, but normally stuff from UPS shows up around 2 PM or earlier, whereas when I get stuff delivered with release date delivery it never shows up before 5.

[quote name='FromChaos']Yeah, you gotta wait a whole 9 hours before playing it on it's release date! That's gotta be brutal.[/QUOTE]
:lol::applause: It's like people expect UPS/FedEx/etc to just drop whatever they're doing and deliver their vitally important video game before all of the other packages that people also paid for overnight delivery of.:roll:

If ya want the damned game THAT bad, go to Wally World at midnight on the date of release and grab it there. Problem solved.

As someone who works at UPS, the drivers have to deliver business packages before 5pm after that residential packages are delivered up until 7pm (or slightly later). I ordered L.A Noire and received my package at about 6:50

[quote name='rainking187']This really annoys me about release date delivery packages. I mean it's nice to get it on the release date without leaving the house, but normally stuff from UPS shows up around 2 PM or earlier, whereas when I get stuff delivered with release date delivery it never shows up before 5.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't bother me as I seldom play a game (or watch a movie or whatever) before 8 or 9 pm anyway as weekdays I tend to work at least until 6 or 7pm and often later, and then have to get home and eat etc.

bread's done
Back