FREE Xbox 360 with purchase of a new Windows 7 PC over $699 (students only)

lightsup55

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
PC or Mini-Fridge? - YouTube

If you are an enrolled student (with a .edu email address OR a student ID card) and purchase a new Windows 7 PC over $699, you'll receive a FREE Xbox 360.

Online participating retailers: Dell.com, HP.com or Microsoft Store

In-store participating retailers: Best Buy or any Microsoft Store

Details here: Students, We’ve Got You Covered (from the Windows Experience blog)

This was first brought to my attention by Larry Hryb, Xbox LIVE's Major Nelson (Director of Xbox LIVE Programing) on his blog: Students: buy a Windows 7 PC get a FREE Xbox 360

Edit: I've removed the start date (Sunday, May 22, 2011) from the title as it starts soon enough that I don't think it is needed anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend may love this deal. He's looking for a new 17in. laptop to replace his desktop and his 360 needs to be cooked every time he wants to play it.

Thanks

I know if I was still in school this would be great, but I'm sure there will be a ton of kids trying to convince their parents why they need to buy the $700 laptop over the $500 one (especially since even basic computers these days are more than adequately-powerful for non-gaming, non-media-creation needs).

It's like MS is entering the student incentive battle against Apple and their free-iPod-Touch-with-Mac-purchase annual deal...but with a much lower cost of entry.

So, can anyone tell me if the Alienware laptops from Dell count? That's probably the only type I'd consider out of what's available...

Really looking for something that can do most games fairly well and last me through school. I thought the M15x (I think that's what it is) looked good. Would really like some help, as this is my first computer, and I don't know too much about them. Looking for something probably in the $800-$1200 range, but would consider going as high as $1500 if it is absolutely worth it and necessary.

bread's done
Back