Crysis 2 | Review |

"The first person perspective does a great job in conveying the reality of the situation"

I cannot contain myself...

They are already releasing $10 map packs, so no.

I've enjoyed it a bit, but the cloaking makes it a pretty stressful affair, if that makes any sense. As in, every time you respawn you're like, "fuck, they could be anywhere, and I just want to shoot people"

Proximity Alert, Radar Jammer and Mobility enhance make up for the people who only use cloak.

Cloak means easy death, for the other person using it. I'm so fast I bum rush people and melee like theres no tomorrow and 8 times out of 10 I come out on top. It just takes a lot of patience and a lot of practice to get a full grasp of the MP. Having a headset helps things out a ton.

From a match making standpoint, this game sucks. ASS! I try and get a clan together and what happens? We all get split up, or some times I get stuck in the lobby while half of each team gets to join the map. You constantly have to back out and go back in because nothing ever loads properly.

Mind you my only experience is from the PS3 version, which still needs a lot of work. A LOT of work.

The MP is fun, if you just play by yourself and not try and get a squad together. If you lonewolf and work with randoms things arent so bad. But any attempt to try and get friends together is just too much of a headache.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the input on the MP. It's definitely interesting, similar to the previous Crysis games -- just not sure if the rank/perk system can make the difference in getting people to stick with it.

Oh, and good review! :) They could have gotten rid of the perk system and the rank system entirely, opened up all the options of gameplay and suit abilities and I bet the game would have been a lot more fun. Having to grind just to get to play other modes is the worst idea ever.

Man, I loved Crysis2. The dialogue like you said was annoying but in general it was very enjoyable. Then again, I didn't go into it looking for a major story but simply a new and fun game that challenges my abilities.

bread's done
Back