Father's Day PSP Bundle: Includes Gran Turismo,MLB 11, and 2Gb Pro Duo $159.99 (6/1)

MidnightMetal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So Playstation RLS outed the 'Father's Day' PSP Bundle that will include:

PSP 3000 (Black)
Gran Turismo
MLB The Show 11
2Gb Memory Stick Pro Duo

Exact price and release date is uncertain though at this point.

My assumption is that price will be $149.99 or $159.99 (Usually Sony likes to keep the price about $20/$30 more expensive on its LE Entertainment Packs)
And as far as release date.....probably close if not a week before Father's Day (June 19th)

I'll try to keep this thread updated as soon as more information comes.

UPDATE: Price seems to be $159.99 and is released on June 1st according to Gamestop. Also here's a better picture that states "$39 savings" as apposed to the previously stated $29 savings.

020175b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rollobobo']It would be awesome if it 129.99....I may actually grab it then. Sony needs to drop the PSP already.[/QUOTE]

A bundle like this isn't going to be $130, thats MSRP on the standalone PSP. No reason they would sell the bundle for the same price. Count on $150-$180 most likely.

[quote name='Donutkid2222']it would seem all we are getting is the 2gb memory card for free, everything else would be close to retail value. not like the god of war packs or MGS packs.[/QUOTE]

Aren't the GOW and MGS bundles discontinued though? That could be why their prices are higher than average. Even on amazon those are selling for higher by third party merchants.

If you look at the the banner on the box it says "Includes $29 in savings"

Here's the breakdown if everything is bought at MSRP:

PSP: $129.99
MLB 11: $29.99
GT: $19.99
Memory Card - $17.99 (I couldn't find a solid MSRP for this, but that's the price at Sony Style)

Total: $197.96. So Take away $29 from that and you have nearly the $169.99 price (again, the memory card MSRP is likely the reason for the difference here). Now if they weren't factoring in the memory card into that savings banner, it could be $149.99 ($179.97 - 30)

[quote name='ssjmichael']Aren't the GOW and MGS bundles discontinued though? That could be why their prices are higher than average. Even on amazon those are selling for higher by third party merchants.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I was comparing past bundles with this current bundle, the GOW had great value in it. this one, not so much it would seem.

Not much value at all when you factor in no color diff, and the UMDs being cardboard sleeved. Big whoop on $29 savings. Such a lack of creativity.

On the other hand, I was psyched about finding the MGS ent pack for 150 despite the lack of a real umd case, and the paltry mem stick. The color was the seller.

8gb memory stick is like $20 for a sandisk, they should throw in the 2gb free. not a very good bundle since it has no special color or anything, and i doubt it would be a cheap $130.

Agree with the 'meh' comments. No special color, and close to zero real savings if you look around for a memory stick. You can even find 16 gb for around $30.00 these days.

At this point, they're just looking for ways to exhaust their inventory.

[quote name='ijustw1n']This is not a video game deal!!![/QUOTE]

And what would you call it? FFS people try and give a heads up and people like you who have nothing constructive to add just can't leave the thread without taking the time to complain?

I've been looking into PSP's and thank the OP for the heads up.

Hmm...and I just started another thread about pricing a new PSP. I may hold off and see what the best price on this bundle will be...

[quote name='biledriver']And what would you call it? FFS people try and give a heads up and people like you who have nothing constructive to add just can't leave the thread without taking the time to complain?

I've been looking into PSP's and thank the OP for the heads up.[/QUOTE]

Your welcome. Just here to inform for people about things that haven't been announced/people who are looking for one. Don't even get me started on how the Xperia Play Phone thread is a 'deal' either. ;)

[quote name='Hibiwa']Not much value at all when you factor in no color diff, and the UMDs being cardboard sleeved. Big whoop on $29 savings. Such a lack of creativity.

On the other hand, I was psyched about finding the MGS ent pack for 150 despite the lack of a real umd case, and the paltry mem stick. The color was the seller.[/QUOTE]

I just found a MGS pack at kmart the other day for 129. Needless to say I bought that shit up right away. Love the color of the psp.

bread's done
Back