Stylus for iPad. Who uses them and what kind

AFrostyOne

Salty I need to re-do my profile in CAG4.0
Who uses it and what brands do you recommend.

Fingerprints and smudges never bothered me on my iPhone because I would just stick it in my pocket, aka auto-clean, and it would be fine by my next use. But that's not an option with the iPad.

Bought an Acase stylus and it's made a huge difference. Gives me much more precise control when using the web browser or games. Don't even have to zoom in on links like when I was using my finger. Best part is that I don't have to wipe the screen clean anymore.

Saw that Frys has a Griffen stylus on sale for 4.99 this week. Seems like a good price because I paid 10 for the Acase stylus. Thinking og picking it up as a backup.

Anyone have other recommendations? Or maybe brands to avoid

I use a style a good bit for sketching. Being a true cheapass - I mainly use a diy stylus I made from an energizer pen light case and a bit of kitchen sponge. I watched several tutorials on youtube for various stylii and made several. I have another I like pretty good that I made with an antistatic bag from a hard drive. It allows you to see the point and can be neat for finer detail work. There is a guy on youtube who has several vids of this type stylus that he made. But honestly I'm good with the sponge one most of them. I also have a cheap couple of ones from dealextreme.com One is a sponge type and one is a weird bristle type that doesn't work so great. I like the one I made mainly because I like the chunkier body of it. I'll try and get around to taking some pics of it and reviewing some drawing apps as I have probably a dozen of those.

Dude that makes the cool transparent stylus stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvnTuZ5biyw

You can search for diy ipad stylus on youtube or google and find lots of info if you are interested in going that route.

couple quick shots of my stylii - the one in the middle is the one I use the most. I had forgotten to mention the 4th from the left - also purchased at dealextreme a while ago. It has a rubber tip on one en that sorta sucks but I put that conductive film over the other stylus point and it works nice as a detail point.

I also made my own with an aluminum pen body and a piece of sponge. The downside to it is that sometimes a piece of sponge pokes through and causes additional marks on an app that I did not intend to make; otherwise it's ideal for writing.

bread's done
Back