Get an extra 40% Trade-ins GAMESTOP in-store credit coupon

OptimusPrimeJewForm

CAGiversary!
GET AN EXTRA 40% IN-STORE CREDIT for GAMESTOP On any PS3 or XBOX 360 games traded. Valid 5/23-5/29 [Printable Coupon]

Here's the link :D >>>http://dealspl.us/gamestop-coupons/265398p

And Another if the first doesn't work for you (provided by gambit444) ty:)
The link wont work for me. can anyone verify if the link still works? or post another link?

Edit: http://www.bargainez.com/printable-coupons/extra-40-in-store-credit-on-any-ps3-or-xbox-360-games-traded-gamestop-printable-coupon/
Its a web page so no PDF loading errors .

Last edited by a moderator:
Even with the coupons etc gamestop trade in program sucks. They sugar coat it with things like this but what most people don't know is that during trade in promotions, they drop the trade in values on alot of their games making the trade ins pointless. Trade to amazon, you will be glad you did. I've been able to pay off numerous new releases for the fall just with trade ins alone (without gutting my library mind you ) and along with the promo credit you will be saving tons of cash

[quote name='strait edge follower']Even with the coupons etc gamestop trade in program sucks. They sugar coat it with things like this but what most people don't know is that during trade in promotions, they drop the trade in values on alot of their games making the trade ins pointless. Trade to amazon, you will be glad you did. I've been able to pay off numerous new releases for the fall just with trade ins alone (without gutting my library mind you ) and along with the promo credit you will be saving tons of cash[/QUOTE]

Not always true. When they run deals like this, sometimes you get more than amazon or bestbuy will give.

The only reason this could be remotely attractive is because I won't be able to trade my best buy sku specific copy of la noire into amazon.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Even with the coupons etc gamestop trade in program sucks. They sugar coat it with things like this but what most people don't know is that during trade in promotions, they drop the trade in values on alot of their games making the trade ins pointless. Trade to amazon, you will be glad you did. I've been able to pay off numerous new releases for the fall just with trade ins alone (without gutting my library mind you ) and along with the promo credit you will be saving tons of cash[/QUOTE]

Trade at amazon?

My wife just traded:

I love Horses (DS) at GameStop for $11.xx (Amazon = $1.75)
Spiderman Shattered Dimensions (DS) for $9.50 (Amazon = $6.00)

Just saying... amazon is not always the best value. Now, try trading an incomplete game at Amazon and see if they will take it. Or trading an exclusive game (Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy) and see if they return it back to you because the bar code is different. Amazon gets too much love :roll:

[quote name='oasisboy']Trade at amazon?

My wife just traded:

I love Horses (DS) at GameStop for $11.xx (Amazon = $1.75)
Spiderman Shattered Dimensions (DS) for $9.50 (Amazon = $6.00)

Just saying... amazon is not always the best value. Now, try trading an incomplete game at Amazon and see if they will take it. Or trading an exclusive game (Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy) and see if they return it back to you because the bar code is different. Amazon gets too much love :roll:[/QUOTE]

Well ok those games were the exception to my initial post lol. As for the incomplete thing, I never worry about that cause I always make Sure my games and cases are complete and in great condition ( i get bitchy when it comes to those things lol ) lll stick with amazon. Oh and they take old gameboy, nes and snes games too ( and with nice trade values for more than you think ) I don't know anyone else who does. Oh and sorry if they returned some of your games back, that does suck

[quote name='strait edge follower']Well ok those games were the exception to my initial post lol. As for the incomplete thing, I never worry about that cause I always make Sure my games and cases are complete and in great condition ( i get bitchy when it comes to those things lol ) lll stick with amazon. Oh and they take old gameboy, nes and snes games too ( and with nice trade values for more than you think ) I don't know anyone else who does. Oh and sorry if they returned some of your games back, that does suck[/QUOTE]

It has happened twice where 2 games were returned because they were Wal-Mart exclusive... that was crap.

Sometimes you may find great deals on ebay or half.com where games are incomplete. I personally could care less if they come wrapped in newspaper, all I care is about the game and a good deal.

[quote name='oasisboy']It has happened twice where 2 games were returned because they were Wal-Mart exclusive... that was crap.

Sometimes you may find great deals on ebay or half.com where games are incomplete. I personally could care less if they come wrapped in newspaper, all I care is about the game and a good deal.[/QUOTE]

I hate store exclusive versions of games. The only difference between them is the dlc code that comes with them. All they have to do is give you the standerd version and a separate dlc code at the casher counter simple.

[quote name='mgford11']The only reason this could be remotely attractive is because I won't be able to trade my best buy sku specific copy of la noire into amazon.[/QUOTE]

Is there an easy way to tell if you have a store specific SKU copy of a game? (Aside from doing a SKU search when you get home, cuz we don't all have smartphones and can't do a search in-store before we buy.)

[quote name='CaseX']Is there an easy way to tell if you have a store specific SKU copy of a game? (Aside from doing a SKU search when you get home, cuz we don't all have smartphones and can't do a search in-store before we buy.)[/QUOTE]

If a game has Exclusive items or bonuses that are inside the packaging/shrink-wrapped game, that's a huge hint that your copy is retailer specific.
Look for stickers for labels that state the content is exclusive and/or bundled. Just because DLC is store specific doesn't mean that the sku will be different, but if its inside the game - there's a good chance.

Motorstorm apoc:

Amazon: 27.00
Gamestop: 20.00 + 40% = 28.00

MLB 11: The show:

Amazon: 21 (magically dropped from 37 a few days ago)
Gamestop: 23 + 40% = 32.20

Grand total 60.20 usd (GS) or 48 (amazon)

So yeah...

on topic: As asked earlier would it be safe to use freely? I would love to get 60.20 for my games if that is the case!

[quote name='admiralvic']Motorstorm apoc:

Amazon: 27.00
Gamestop: 20.00 + 40% = 28.00

MLB 11: The show:

Amazon: 21 (magically dropped from 37 a few days ago)
Gamestop: 23 + 40% = 32.20

Grand total 60.20 usd (GS) or 48 (amazon)

So yeah...

on topic: As asked earlier would it be safe to use freely? I would love to get 60.20 for my games if that is the case![/QUOTE]

Supply and demand;

Amazon's TIV for MLB 11 PS3 was $31 for a couple weeks solid until a TIV DOTD which bumped it to $37. Because they had so many traded in, the value dropped to $21. Nothing magic about it.

Can also combo this with the PUR card as well, this coupon is supposed to be for those who bought L.A. Noire from gamestop, but anyone can use them. They have these on a pad at the store, I snagged a couple for friends and the code is the same on each. Not sure if you can just print it out since they come from those pad's and employee's know that or should.

I trade into both places, and you're statement is not always true. I cross-reference both sites and factor in deals before trading in, and it's about 50/50.

Thanks! Was waiting for something like this to unload a few higher valued games and didn't think the extra $3 a pop from the other promo was worth it.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']I trade into both places, and you're statement is not always true. I cross-reference both sites and factor in deals before trading in, and it's about 50/50.[/QUOTE]

The problem with GS is that there is no easy site to check the values. If I could look up what I'd get at GS without driving in or calling in, then I'd take more stuff there. Hiding their trade values is stupid, especially in light of the fact that there are 2 sites that advertise their TIVs (and those sites usually beat GS anyway).

Not saying amazon TIV is better but you should also factor in that most people pay no tax from amazon, their prices are generally cheaper, and for most free shipping.

[quote name='DerClaw']The problem with GS is that there is no easy site to check the values. If I could look up what I'd get at GS without driving in or calling in, then I'd take more stuff there. Hiding their trade values is stupid, especially in light of the fact that there are 2 sites that advertise their TIVs (and those sites usually beat GS anyway).[/QUOTE]

the used sellling price is a very good indicator

[quote name='SCDallas']Not saying amazon TIV is better but you should also factor in that most people pay no tax from amazon, their prices are generally cheaper, and for most free shipping.[/QUOTE]

In Washington it's the opposite. I pay tax on Amazon purchases, but Gamestop purchases with trade credit are tax free.

[quote name='steve nash']the used sellling price is a very good indicator[/QUOTE]

That's rarely true, but we do have a thread of trade values here on CAG: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292073

[quote name='element676']estarland has the best trade in values in my personal opinion.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I gotta second that...I've traded a bunch of stuff there, the only problem is their inventory is really limited, so you can end up sitting on a lot of store credit waiting for something you want to show up...

[quote name='steve nash']uh if a game is 14.99 vs 29.99 vs 54.99 used, i have a pretty good ninja'ing idea what the tivy of that game is[/QUOTE]

Okay so without checking the tiv thread tell me how much the following are worth all sell for 54.99

portal 2
little big planet 2
killzone 3
brink

[quote name='unc13 buck']Okay so without checking the tiv thread tell me how much the following are worth all sell for 54.99

portal 2
little big planet 2
killzone 3
brink[/QUOTE]
If those are all for PS3 and the tiv's from the GS trade value thread haven't dropped any since they were posted(5/17 for most of them), then you'll get in the $20's for them without the coupon from this thread.

The only one not listed yet is Brink.

[quote name='DerClaw']The problem with GS is that there is no easy site to check the values. If I could look up what I'd get at GS without driving in or calling in, then I'd take more stuff there. Hiding their trade values is stupid, especially in light of the fact that there are 2 sites that advertise their TIVs (and those sites usually beat GS anyway).[/QUOTE]

and that is why they hide their values. Why would they advertise lower values so that you don't come into the store or at least make a call? They want contact with you in some form so hiding the values increases the chances of this. Places like amazon and Best Buy wouldn't need to hide values because games are not the main selling point of their business and thus do not depend on getting gamers in the store as much as Gamestop.

my question is is going to game stop worth it? I mean I got the 100 off coupon and I got a few new games to trade in but is it really worth it? I just found out pc richard and sons are selling the ps3 with 2 controllers little big planet and 2 blue ray dvds can someone tell me which is the better deal? Also probally gonna pm at best buy with the gamestop 10 bucks plus trade in sale

[quote name='unc13 buck']Okay so without checking the tiv thread tell me how much the following are worth all sell for 54.99

portal 2
little big planet 2
killzone 3
brink[/QUOTE]

Easy, these are worth $20 - $25 each.

Thank you.

I know what you mean. That phone call will cost you tons of $$$ :lol:

You really don't know why GameStop "hides" their TIV? Because amazon and other companies would just increase their TIV making GameStop lose business.
A lot of people just blindly trade their games to amazon because they assume they are the best place to trade-in games... not so fast my friend.

My wife was ready to trade 3 DS games on amazon for a grand total of $12. I told her to check GameStop just for the hell of it. GameStop TIV total? $31.

The only way to know for sure which is the best place to trade in AT THAT TIME is to go over each game on a game by game basis. Lately for the games I've been trading in Best Buy has by far been the best. Even during the last time when GS was doing the extra 50%, Best Buy STILL had a higher total TiV for the games I was taking in.

The TiV tracker on here for GS is fairly up to date, and any games that haven't been updated for a while can easily be discovered by calling a store. Now sure not all stores will give you the TiV's, but just keep calling until you find one that will. As long as I'm polite they'll normally do it at my local stores unless they're really busy...I'll usually say "If you're not busy I was wondering if I could please get a few trade in values".

Anyway, what makes Best Buy even better is that they (at least my store does) sell Kindle GC's that are essentially just generic Amazon GC's with a Kindle logo on them. That way I get the best TiV's and the best prices on the games I'm buying.

Just priced a ton of games at Amazon totaled less than $200. Went to game stop and got rid of the lot for almost $300. Most games were double Amazon.

[quote name='themightypencil']has anyone confirmed that printing out the coupon and using it works? i thought this was something they gave out for LA Noire release..[/QUOTE]

I just came back from Gamestop. They said the promotion starts tomorrow. I wasted gas. I was so excited. I didn't read the dates. Lol

Gonna try and Trade-in LA Noire with the 40% coupon, and my PUR bonus.
Trying to use my K-mart LA Noire copy to get a copy of GS LA Noire, though I could have done this at Walmart had I not fucking opened it like an idiot.

I'll post results when I try tomorrow.

Why does it always turn into an argument of "Gamestop trade in sucks" when someone posts a deal like this?

It's a deal, it's useful to those who trade in to gamestop. Your commentary on them sucking isn't needed. People are smart enough to compare trade in prices, and if it's worthwhile to go with Gamestop they will go there. That's where I'm going to trade in Socom 4 along with this coupon.

So thanks TC.

[quote name='CD6405']Why does it always turn into an argument of "Gamestop trade in sucks" when someone posts a deal like this?

It's a deal, it's useful to those who trade in to gamestop. Your commentary on them sucking isn't needed. People are smart enough to compare trade in prices, and if it's worthwhile to go with Gamestop they will go there. That's where I'm going to trade in Socom 4 along with this coupon.

So thanks TC.[/QUOTE]

Gamestop trade in does suck though.

[quote name='CD6405']Why does it always turn into an argument of "Gamestop trade in sucks" when someone posts a deal like this?

So thanks TC.[/QUOTE]

Because some people are uninformed and they are trying to help people out with useful information?

bread's done
Back