- - - - -

(DEAD) Buy ANY 'Electronics Section' Item GET A FREE $100GC W/PS3 Console Purchase

#31 CheapAssHustla   Hustle..Hustle Hard CAGiversary!   8359 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

CheapAssHustla

Posted 23 May 2011 - 01:38 AM

My friend wants to get one so this is an awesome deal!

#32 WongTongSoup   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   325 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

WongTongSoup

Posted 23 May 2011 - 01:41 AM

Hopefully this works tomorrow I'm going to try it

#33 Pere   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   19 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2011 - 02:24 AM

Based on posts in another thread, I purchased Disney Snow White for $19.99. No coupon. Later in the day I found myself at another Target and figured I'd try again, and purchased all three Pirates of the Caribbean films, and the coupon printed. I returned the movies right after purchasing them with no hassle.

At slickdeals they're talking about buying a tv to get it to print. No doubt Target's marketing department has some complicated algorithm to offer the coupon to the target (no pun intended) market segment. Or it's random. Either way, it seems the item does need to be related to a PS3 in some way to get it to trigger. Blurays are probably the best bet. And to confirm, yes this does stack with the 160gb $60 gc promo.

Per Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/57...-in-three-weeks), there is a 160gb Black Ops bundle soon to be released for $299. If they're still planning on selling a 160gb unit at $299, my guess is the price drop isn't coming too soon, or won't be terribly dramatic. Of course, the PSN fiasco could change things. Either way, getting a PS3 for $140 is a damn good deal as long as you can find a use for $160 in Target gcs.

I think only the front cash registers have the printer for the coupons, so you'll need to buy your trigger item there. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

My coupon had an expiration of 6/18.

Best of luck.

#34 ShockandAww   Truth is treason CAGiversary!   7465 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

ShockandAww

Posted 23 May 2011 - 02:25 AM

Should update the title. This is an awesome deal. I don't see why it had a 1 star rating... It's $160 in gift cards and you only pay tax on $140 when you do it.

It works like this:

Buy a Blu/DVD. You should get a coupon along with your receipt for a $100 GC with purchase of a PS3. (edit: according to SD, it's best to buy it at the front registers where the $100 GC coupon is more likely to print out. Not sure if there's something specific that triggers it).

Then use that to buy a PS3. Since there's also a deal to get a $60 GC this week at Target w/purchase of a PS3, you end up getting both the $100 and $60 gift cards. Good deal.

Edited by ShockandAww, 23 May 2011 - 03:23 AM.

#35 Mikerrrr   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   210 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2011 - 02:39 AM

I called two of my Targets in my Edmond, OK area and neither of them had it. In fact, the person I talked to at one of the stores got a bit pissy and said "We do not give out $100 gift cards for /anything/." Presumably she wasn't happy about somebody bothering her about a deal she doesn't know the existence of. I guess I'll try tomorrow or something.

EDIT: Do you guys think that calling Target stores will help? I get the impression that nobody knows what exactly the coupon machine will spit out.

#36 ShockandAww   Truth is treason CAGiversary!   7465 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

ShockandAww

Posted 23 May 2011 - 02:43 AM

I called two of my Targets in my Edmond, OK area and neither of them had it. In fact, the person I talked to at one of the stores got a bit pissy and said "We do not give out $100 gift cards for /anything/." Presumably she wasn't happy about somebody bothering her about a deal she doesn't know the existence of. I guess I'll try tomorrow or something.

EDIT: Do you guys think that calling Target stores will help? I get the impression that nobody knows what exactly the coupon machine will spit out.

The people you'll call and talk to dont care and dont know and arent going to be helpful.

You dont need to call. You need to find a Target store that is up to date and I think they have a little device aside from the receipt printer that prints out the coupon.

Edit: dbl2010 posted this on SD: "Watch the little printer located on the left of monitor. It has a little green light on it. After she scans the blueray, a coupon should be printed there. "100 GC with PS3 purchase". If you dont see the coupon tell her, you changed your mind and dont swipe your CC and leave."

So you dont even have to buy the item before you'll know if youre getting the coupon.

Edited by ShockandAww, 23 May 2011 - 03:24 AM.

#37 joeyshadows   CAGiversary! Validating   1729 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

joeyshadows

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:07 AM

Where I work we only have coupon printers at the front checklanes. Every person I have heard about getting the coupon has purchased dvd's or blu rays. With the coupon machine, it's either completely random or triggered. You could always try what the OP did and buy something, if no coupon, return it and try again.

#38 caMOFOg   Where you at mang? CAGiversary!   243 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:14 AM

Bought 2 $5 DVDs at the front checkout and I did not get the coupon. I wonder if you have to purchase Sony Picture blu ray movies in order to trigger the coupon?

#39 ChunLiBarbie   Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

ChunLiBarbie

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:39 AM

I can confirm that the coupon WILL stack with the current $60 gift card promo. I work over in Electronics and I scanned one with MY coupon I got from buying 2 Blu Rays and some random items at the front check lanes.

I will be purchasing this after work but it didn't require any overrides or anything it just had me scan 2 separate gift cards 1 for $60 and 1 for $100. Great deal!! Even if the PS3 drops after E3 I highly doubt it will be more than a $50 price drop.

I would have posted this in this section after I posted it in the Target deals section, but this site is taking a long time to load. Thanks for inspiring me to go back, tonight, Dwarfman!!!!! I read about other stores(not Target) and them rebooting computers the next day, etc, so I said I'd better go back tonight, just in case!I spent $340 for a 160GB PS3 Console and got a $100GC + $60GC + 3 Year Warranty!!!!!!! Tax was $11, which I thought was odd. So, I mentioned it and it was correct. I was expectin to pay $21 in tax, but it only taxed $170 of it.THANKS!!!! YAY!!!!!!! :.)

#40 WiiShopChannels   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   700 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

WiiShopChannels

Posted 23 May 2011 - 04:02 AM

Was gonna go grab EA Sports Active 2 and Flingsmash so doesn't hurt to try and get one of these coupons

#41 thanossurfer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   88 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

thanossurfer

Posted 23 May 2011 - 04:08 AM

Thanks for the information regarding this awesome deal! Quick question:
Is the coupon for any 160gb PS3 bundle?

#42 Pere   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   19 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2011 - 04:22 AM

Thanks for the information regarding this awesome deal! Quick question:
Is the coupon for any 160gb PS3 bundle?

The coupon is for a $100 gc with the purchase of any PS3. A guy on slickdeals bought the clearance 120gb for $209 and used the $100 coupon with it, which is a nice deal if you can find a store that still has them.

The $60 gc is just from buying the regular, non bundled 160gb.

#43 Donutkid2222   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   772 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Donutkid2222

Posted 23 May 2011 - 04:33 AM

so check out near the front, I'm just going to ask the people who work there, which register has a printer to print out coupon. I remember I bought some movies a while back and got a JVC print out coupon for their speakers.
EDIT: the person on the bottom below, if you are referring to me, I bought 3:10 To Yuma, and Batman Begins. I think looking for the printer is the key, will grab a cheap blu ray to see if it works or not.

Edited by Donutkid2222, 23 May 2011 - 04:45 AM.

#44 thunderx85   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   151 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

thunderx85

Posted 23 May 2011 - 04:42 AM

what movie did u purchase?

#45 Chameh  

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:07 AM

I bought The 40 Year Old Virgin for $10 on Blu Ray and the coupon printed at one of the front registers.

#46 shadowkast   Lowball Ban Lowball Ban   4980 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

shadowkast

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:25 AM

Imma head up there tomorrow to buy flingsmash for wii and ea sports active thingy for the wife for ps3, and grab a blu ray. I will do 3 separate transactions and report my findings

#47 airwalke   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   153 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

airwalke

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:28 AM

Don't know if it's already been mentioned, but don't try your coupon attempt at the electronics registers. Most of us, if any, don't have coupon printers. Only check out at the front lanes with the new color coupon printers.

#48 Ronin187   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   107 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Ronin187

Posted 23 May 2011 - 07:26 AM

I can confirm that this coupon does exist. I was right behind a guy who was getting a PS3 and asked about it. He said all he did was buy 2 Blu Ray movies at the front check lanes. Not sure which movie they were, but I'm sure it was random.

Don't buy it at their electornics registers.... those things don't print out coupons.

#49 spacegundam0079   Itchy, Tasty ... CAGiversary!   1544 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

spacegundam0079

Posted 23 May 2011 - 12:19 PM

There is going to be a drop , just wait it out . Please stop the sad stories . Begging for a coupon is really sad. Everyone checks the threads for info not to witness a telenovela :)

#50 grizbo   where were we CAGiversary!   132 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2011 - 01:02 PM

I went ahead and got in on this deal around 8:15 this morning.

I grabbed 3 blu-rays and went to the only front register that was open. First transaction I did one of the Pirates and one of the Bourne movies, register printed zilch. Then I tried 40 Year Old Virgin like Bitt3r mentioned, and it worked. I don't know if the coupon just prints on every other transaction containing a blu-ray or what's significant about 40 Year Old Virgin; but hey, worth a shot if you're looking for a coupon.

Went out to my car to put the blu-rays in there and then back in and into the electronics section, the cashier there didn't bat an eye at the coupon, was worried there may be some push back due to the $60 gift card this week...but nope.

I don't understand how so many of you are saying "wait for a drop!" when this is a net price of $139.99 (plus tax on $139.99). I seriously doubt if there is a drop at E3, that it would be that low. If you shop at Target already, then this should be a no brainer if you're looking for a slim PS3. $160 in gift cards covers you for like, 10-15 clearance games! :-P

Also, the receipt says that there is a 90 day return and exchange policy...so if there is a drop or another deal pops up, I'll try pushing my luck and see if they'll match it. Worth a shot, even though Target management tends to be full of dicks.

I mainly bought this because of all the horror stories I keep seeing about launch, phat units dying, yellow lights, etc. I haven't had any problems with my 60GB, knock on wood, but it's nice to have a backup, watch blu-rays on my other TV, and to take advantage of that cloud saving feature for PSN+.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if they change their register to make it either the $60 gift card or $100 gift card, so if I were you, go today.

#51 airwalke   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   153 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

airwalke

Posted 23 May 2011 - 01:14 PM

There is going to be a drop , just wait it out . Please stop the sad stories . Begging for a coupon is really sad. Everyone checks the threads for info not to witness a telenovela :)

Unless there is a drop below $199, this is still a really great deal. $300-160 = 140.

#52 ManchildofPV   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   245 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

ManchildofPV

Posted 23 May 2011 - 01:39 PM

Could this possibly be in the flyr ? I would love to see if I can get this priced match at Best buy along with the pc richards deal they are having. Also fallow up does target pm coupons of other stores? I mean this coupon + gamestop coupon +pc richards sale = awesome deal (pc richards sale is an extra controler little big planet and a choice of monster house pirhana's 3d resident evil 3d and open season . you get two of those movies)

#53 ChunLiBarbie   Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

ChunLiBarbie

Posted 23 May 2011 - 01:48 PM

Congrats Grizbo! Glad to see the coupon and promotion are stacking today, as well!!! I decided to go last night because I didn't want to risk a reboot of their systems taking it away.

When I think about it, the way the $100GC coupon read, I think they were meant to stack on purpose. Probably some HUGE Sony thing.

YAY!!!!!! :.)

#54 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 23 May 2011 - 01:52 PM

Could this possibly be in the flyr ? I would love to see if I can get this priced match at Best buy along with the pc richards deal they are having. Also fallow up does target pm coupons of other stores? I mean this coupon + gamestop coupon +pc richards sale = awesome deal (pc richards sale is an extra controler little big planet and a choice of monster house pirhana's 3d resident evil 3d and open season . you get two of those movies)

:lol: What you're asking for in this post is a miracle. There is no way in hell ANY Store will allow the PM of two other deals besides their own store's coupon.

#55 Dkellar   D I Y CAGiversary!   4455 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2011 - 01:59 PM

I grabbed Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and Marley & Me blu-ray and the coupon printed.

#56 husher   Yet what is any ocean but a multitude of drops? CAGiversary!   2723 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2011 - 02:00 PM

Bought a Blu this morning and the coupon printed...it's about time I got a decent coupon instead of $1 off a hot dog combo meal at the snack bar.

Now to find a clearance PS3 or the 160 in the ad which doesn't seem to be in stock at a lot of stores.

#57 ChunLiBarbie   Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle CAGiversary!   5539 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

ChunLiBarbie

Posted 23 May 2011 - 02:05 PM

Get the 3 year warranty for $29.00! I did! :.)

I think it's $45 if you buy the Move Bundle.

#58 IAmTheCheapestGamer   Banned Banned   28796 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 23 May 2011 - 02:13 PM

I grabbed Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and Marley & Me blu-ray and the coupon printed.

If you don't care about used versus new, you could go to Blockbuster and pick up Marley & Me and 4 other Blu-Rays for $20 right now with their 5/$20 dealie.;)

Get the 3 year warranty for $29.00! I did! :.)

I think it's $45 if you buy the Move Bundle.

Sony's own warranty is $45 for one year and $60-ish for two years. If the in-store warranty is anything like the ones I've looked into before, then be prepared to fight for a straight up repair of your current console versus getting back someone's junk system.

Although that could also happen when sending in your system to Sony for repairs in-warranty, but it's more likely with a third party one.

#59 HakurenKyo06   Duane Follower. CAGiversary!   1904 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

HakurenKyo06

Posted 23 May 2011 - 02:17 PM

Not really sure what I would spend the giftcards on since Target is normally nothing but an MSRP fest at the location here, I really dont shop there for anything else. I'll wait and see what K-Mart's deal is on June 5th, since I have alot of points and such to use there. Thanks for the info however OP.

#60 DerClaw   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1117 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 23 May 2011 - 02:36 PM

If you don't care about used versus new, you could go to Blockbuster and pick up Marley & Me and 4 other Blu-Rays for $20 right now with their 5/$20 dealie.;)

Sony's own warranty is $45 for one year and $60-ish for two years. If the in-store warranty is anything like the ones I've looked into before, then be prepared to fight for a straight up repair of your current console versus getting back someone's junk system.

Although that could also happen when sending in your system to Sony for repairs in-warranty, but it's more likely with a third party one.

Use a credit card that doubles the warranty, at least that way you are bashing heads with a company over a warranty that you didn't actually have to pay for. That's the one good thing about buying stuff like this instore (where you have to pay tax). I've yet to find a CC that doubles the warranty when you buy stuff from amazon.