Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion 5th Annivesary Edition - $29.99, $10 off Skyrim + guide

earvcunanan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
300 (100%)
oblivion-anniversary2.jpg
Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion 5th Annivesary Edition
[IMG-L=5838]22778[/IMG-L] [IMG-L=5838]22779[/IMG-L]

image credit

Contents:

• Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GOTY Edition (includes Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles DLC)
  • $10 off coupon for Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (can be used at any retailer)
  • Collector's Edition content (map, making of DVD, trailer for Skyrim)
  • Steelbook case and slip cover
  • There will be 200,000 units made, so it is limited
Release date: June 28, 2011 for PS3, 360, and PC

Amazon
:360: Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition
:ps3: Oblivion 5th Anniversary Edition

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Lord Hamm']Still with no DLC included I take it?[/QUOTE]
It is actually included since it looks like it includes the same old GOTY discs (the game and the second disc with content), along with the extra bonus dvd, map, and coupon. It's not to bad of a price if your thinking of buying skyrim and don't own the oblivion DLC. In my case I still have the DLC from back when I got the GOTY from Hollywood for $5.

[quote name='xNightfire147x']It is actually included since it looks like it includes the same old GOTY discs (the game and the second disc with content), along with the extra bonus dvd, map, and coupon. It's not to bad of a price if your thinking of buying skyrim and don't own the oblivion DLC. In my case I still have the DLC from back when I got the GOTY from Hollywood for $5.[/QUOTE]

If it is "the same old GOTY discs" then it wouldn't contain the DLC. GOTY disc only came with Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles expansion.

meeehhhh. I really disliked Oblivion. The way enemies auto lvld with you just killed the game entirely for me. I wouldn't even consider this but the steel book is appealing. plus if its really limited to 200K then thats kinda neat, i wonder if thats really true

[quote name='Kenshindono']meeehhhh. I really disliked Oblivion. The way enemies auto lvld with you just killed the game entirely for me. I wouldn't even consider this but the steel book is appealing. plus if its really limited to 200K then thats kinda neat, i wonder if thats really true[/QUOTE]

If you hated it why would you want to buy it just because it comes in a new case, and with a coupon for a game you won't want?

Eh I meant the dlc as the expansions but yeah I forgot the actual other DLCs available. Anywho still not bad if you're picking up skyrim and don't have or want oblivion and the expansions.

[quote name='SleepDebt']hmmm, I love me some steel cases. Do you guys think it'll be steam activated?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely not.

Sweet! I'm in for the PS3 version even thought it has the Vampire bug. I don't have the 360 GOTY since the ex stole my 360 and all my games.

I've actually been meaning to buy this, but I've been waiting for a price drop. Now $10 off Skyrim and the CE goodies is enough form e.

This sounds interesting, never played oblivion.

One concern though, if you look closer at the sticker on the front it says $10 off skyrim AND a strategy guide. Sounds like you have to buy both to get $10 off.

[quote name='ponn01']This sounds interesting, never played oblivion.

One concern though, if you look closer at the sticker on the front it says $10 off skyrim AND a strategy guide. Sounds like you have to buy both to get $10 off.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, noticed that too, you have to buy both it seems.

the only thing that i hated about oblivion was the retarded leveling up system.

when i play single player rpgs, i want my character to level up properly and be as strong as he can be.

but in this game.. i didnt even know what skills and attributes to raise.. and the amount of points you get to use to level up your character depends on so many things i dont even know what..

i just hope skyrim isnt like that because otherwise im not buying it.. i didnt get to finish oblivion because the leveling up system ruined it for me. it was complex sure.. but it was also complicated lol

now, fallout 3.. i spent 200 hours on that baby (with dlcs combined)

[quote name='giantqtipz']the only thing that i hated about oblivion was the retarded leveling up system.

when i play single player rpgs, i want my character to level up properly and be as strong as he can be.

but in this game.. i didnt even know what skills and attributes to raise.. and the amount of points you get to use to level up your character depends on so many things i dont even know what..

i just hope skyrim isnt like that because otherwise im not buying it.. i didnt get to finish oblivion because the leveling up system ruined it for me.

but fallout 3.. now i spent 200 hours on that baby..[/QUOTE]

They already said that enemies will level similarly to Fallout :)

For Bethesda RPG's, or ones that are similar, it's best just to get a guide (or at least read up on it extensively online). The enemies leveling up with me was never a problem because my character got stronger besides just leveling up...better spells, better gear, enchants, etc. I was still nearly an unstoppable force later in the game, I can't imagine how easy it would have been if stuff didn't level with me. They also remedied the whole idea of gear/loot leveling with you by having some locations that had special enchanted items.

I think they need to keep it the same in Skyrim, but only to a degree! There still needs to be caves/places that you just simply can't go until you're a high enough level. One thing that was admittedly lame was how if you went into a cave at lvl 5 you found crap...going into that same cave at lvl 20 gave you different stuff.

[quote name='JKSonic'] The enemies leveling up with me was never a problem because my character got stronger besides just leveling up...better spells, better gear, enchants, etc. [/QUOTE]
We have a winner
It's not about leveling up, it's also adding the modifiers to your character.

I preordered from Best Buy, if Amazon has it I'll switch.

i already own this game with all of the DLC but I would love to pick this up, the steelbook looks awesome, plus the bonus DVD and the $10 off Skyrim coupon sounds nice...

Oblivion really really looks and feels dated by now. Besides the travesty of the level up system (no point in searching caves or exploring for uber loot), the engine is practically last gen by now, Skyrim is basically going to be just a better version of Oblivion in every possible way.

IMO Fallout 3 is the best RPG Bethesda has made this gen, far better than Oblivion.

But if you haven't played it, this summer is a dry spell for sure, and 30 dollars isnt a bad price if it includes all the DLC

(no point in searching caves or exploring for uber loot)

I found quite a few caves with "uber loot", not sure if I can remember them off the top of my head right now though. Being that I enchanted most of my gear anyway I didn't use most of the stuff, but I remember Milkrock or Rockmilk Cave or something similar...it had tons of enchanted items in it at higher levels.

I bought the GotY on PS3 when it was $20 at GameStop, but I never ever touched it. I want this one for 360, but the TiV sucks for the PS3 GotY everywhere BUT GameStop (I am shocked too!). With $15 base value and the 40% coupon and the 10% from PU I am gonna get $22.50 for it.

The thing is they don't even have it for pre-order...so I am gonna go to my local Best Buy and pre-order it today as well for 360. I know it's silly but the main reason I never played this game was there were no trophies so this is why I decided for a 360 this time around.

I can't understand how Bethesda is announcing/releasing a game with such little information, especially when it comes out in 2-3 weeks. I've read it's only 200,000 copies and I also read it's for mom and pop stores only. How do they expect to sell 200,000 copies of a 5 year old game if they don't supply it to Amazon, GameStop, or Wal-Mart?!

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I can't understand how Bethesda is announcing/releasing a game with such little information, especially when it comes out in 2-3 weeks. I've read it's only 200,000 copies and I also read it's for mom and pop stores only. How do they expect to sell 200,000 copies of a 5 year old game if they don't supply it to Amazon, GameStop, or Wal-Mart?![/QUOTE]

I haven't seen Bethesda even announce this. And it's not for mom and pop stores only. Best Buy is selling it as you know and there are listings up on Amazon for it.

Well the amazon listing is a place holder and it could have been added by a 3rd party seller, so the amazon listing means nothing. I do admit BB having it is odd if it is for mom and pop stores only.

Here is where I found it listed for mom and pops Granted I have no idea if this site is an accurate news source for games but there is pretty much no info besides what it comes with, price, and release date. Also, Overstock has it available, which I find odd since GS doesn't. This is the first time in a LOOONG time that I wish GS actually had a game for pre-order since it would save me some money.

Oblivion is my favorite 360 game and although I own it x3 I will buy this for the steel book. at 29.99 and the 200,000 run I think it maybe useful to buy this and never, ever open it.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']

I can't understand how Bethesda is announcing/releasing a game with such little information, especially when it comes out in 2-3 weeks. I've read it's only 200,000 copies and I also read it's for mom and pop stores only. How do they expect to sell 200,000 copies of a 5 year old game if they don't supply it to Amazon, GameStop, or Wal-Mart?![/QUOTE]
I could imagine they are going to make like $10 on each copy. I mean the most expensive part at this moment would probably be the steel book case because I am sure that the discs are the GOTY edition ones and the DVD is something that would also cost like 50 cents to make if that.

Might just have to go ahead and place the orders on BestBuy.com then. How easy is it to cancel pre-orders on there in case Amazon puts them up?

[quote name='mitnosi']How easy is it to cancel pre-orders on there in case Amazon puts them up?[/QUOTE]

THIS and does Best Buy charge you instantly or is it like Amazon where they wait until it ships?

[quote name='tttBARBWIREttt']Oblivion is my favorite 360 game and although I own it x3 I will buy this for the steel book. at 29.99 and the 200,000 run I think it maybe useful to buy this and never, ever open it.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm thinking too, if it's ACTUALLY that limited it may be worth to buy just to keep and/or sell down the line.

As soon as Amazon has this up, I'll preorder. I don't trust Overstock.

Hopefully they fixed all the damn glitches.

Hmmm

I just might have to jump on this with my LA Noire 20 dollar pre-order credit.

That translates into a free game assuming the 10 dollar coupon is applicable online for Skyrim

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I could imagine they are going to make like $10 on each copy. I mean the most expensive part at this moment would probably be the steel book case because I am sure that the discs are the GOTY edition ones and the DVD is something that would also cost like 50 cents to make if that.[/QUOTE]

I never questioned the profit they would make. I question the sense they have in not releasing this at GameStop, Amazon, or other big retailers besides Best Buy. I also bring into question the lack of information for a game that is less then a month from release. It seems really half-assed on their part IMO.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Hmmm, look at the packaging: it says 10 dollars off "SKYRIM AND GUIDE" does that mean you have to buy it with the guide to use the coupon?[/QUOTE]I'd assume as much, yes. That's normally how these coupon deals work. I'd also assume it's a B&M purchase coupon only, so it may not be applicable to Amazon.

[quote name='Vinny']As soon as Amazon has this up, I'll preorder. I don't trust Overstock.

Hopefully they fixed all the damn glitches.[/QUOTE]I can't imagine they wouldn't have this, though I may lock in a pre-order with BB.com just in case. I can always cancel right up to a few days before release once Amazon has it listed. They have a PC placeholder up there, though there's no info nor any cover art.

[quote name='shrike4242']
I can't imagine they wouldn't have this, though I may lock in a pre-order with BB.com just in case. I can always cancel right up to a few days before release once Amazon has it listed. They have a PC placeholder up there, though there's no info nor any cover art.[/QUOTE]

Does BB.com reserve the money in your account like they do for orders? Or are they like Amazon and just don't charge until the shipping starts.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']We have a winner
It's not about leveling up, it's also adding the modifiers to your character.

I preordered from Best Buy, if Amazon has it I'll switch.[/QUOTE]
That's true for most rpgs. But my gripe is not with the fact that the world adjusts with your level, but the levelling up process itself. I have no problems with enemies and items leveling up along with me. I just didn't know how to take advantage of levelling up.

I sometimes get 3 points when I level up, to use to improve the skills of my character. But if you level up properly, you'll get the max which is 5.

I remember reading a guide that says that you before you level up, you have to raise your minor skills first before resting. Then there's an instance where you'd have to raise your minor skills first before your major to avoid overleveling (yea overleveling!).. Something like that.. But just because you can level, doesn't mean you should because it can actually hurt your character (I know I'm retarted but I swear I'm not making this up lol!)

With fallout, I'm confident with my character because I know I raised the right skills and chose the right perks for my playing style.

In oblivion, like I said, I didn't know what skills to raise, and there's always the risk of not levelling up properly. Its just too darn complicated..

Anyway anyway! This thread shouldn't be about me, so enjoy this deal guys! :)

I'm not sure if 200,000 is that limited. If I'm not mistaken, Halo 3 Legendary Edition was 250,000 (unless someone has a number higher than that for their helmet. Mine is 208-thousand-something.) Maybe it's 100K per platform. That would be pretty limited on the other hand.

Anyways, definite pick up for me. I traded in my copy of Oblivion GOTY for $25 over the weekend at Best Buy. It was the trade-in value for the 360 version only. It may have dropped, but it definitely was the best bet in getting the most value for your trade. Bought my $25 Amazon gift card, so I'm ready for Amazon to just put it up for sale.

200k in sales is actually a lot for a 5 year old game....honestly, maybe this will lower the GOTY edition down to 14.99, since it doesnt sound like this rerelease is going to have any more content

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I never questioned the profit they would make. I question the sense they have in not releasing this at GameStop, Amazon, or other big retailers besides Best Buy. I also bring into question the lack of information for a game that is less then a month from release. It seems really half-assed on their part IMO.[/QUOTE]

That does seem weird. The only thing I could think of is if it's limited to like 100,000 copes worldwide per system, I could see that only one or two major retailers having this and they don't have exact info on who would carry this.

The thing is...the only retailers confirmed to have this as of right now is Best Buy and Overstock.

Best Buy, ok I get it. But why the hell is Overstock getting it and not Amazon, Wal-Mart, GameStop? Plus if it was 100,000 per platform that would be 300,000 units total (PS3, 360, PC). When a game is announced a few weeks before it is supposed to come out it is a good idea to have everything in motion already. This seems to be very haphazard.

A placeholder means nothing on amazon. A 3rd party seller could have added that easily. The price and images are already up, I've never seen amazon list no info on a game where the info is known and the game is 3 weeks away.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']A placeholder means nothing on amazon. A 3rd party seller could have added that easily. The price and images are already up, I've never seen amazon list no info on a game where the info is known and the game is 3 weeks away.[/QUOTE]

How many times have you seen a release from a major studio that comes out in 3 weeks but has not even been officially announced by that studio yet? Clearly this isn't a very organized release, but it's silly to think other major retailers won't sell the game.

Reserved @BB. Have my original copy and I bought all the DLC years ago. However, that is a really nice CE and maybe it will convince me to go back and actually finish the damn game! Hoping for Amazon to post it so I can cancel BB/re-reserve @AZ since I can avoid the $3 in tax and having to actually get off my fat ass and go to the store for pickup.

I am not saying it won't be stocked by amazon or GS. I just find it really odd how no store is really offering it besides Overstock and Best Buy. You figure it would be up for sale ASAP since it's so close to the release they need to get as many pre-orders in the short time they have to get them.

[quote name='mitnosi']Does BB.com reserve the money in your account like they do for orders? Or are they like Amazon and just don't charge until the shipping starts.[/QUOTE]They normally do a rolling authorization for the item and they keep putting up a new authorization until the item ships and it's changed to a charge. Otherwise, they'll charge up-front before the item ships.

Either way, the money is tied up before the item ships, one way or the other.

bread's done
Back