OT Warner Bros. 90's cartoon DVD's $12.50 each Real Canadian Super Store

Princess Zelda

CAGiversary!
Real Canadian Super Store in it's own cardboard bin in the Electronics Department $12.50

Batman The Animated series Vol 2
Batman The Aninmated series Vol 3
Animaniacs Vol 1
Animaniacs Vol 2
Animaniacs Vol 3
Pinky and the Brain Vol 1
Pinky and the Brain Vol 2
Pinky and the Brain Vol 3
Flinstones
Smurfs
Tiny Toon Adventures - Season 1, Vol. 1
Tiny Toon Adventures: Season 1, Vol. 2
Superman - The Animated Series, Volume One
Superman - The Animated Series, Volume Two
Batman Beyond: Season One
Freakazoid - Season 1
Freakazoid!: Season 2

There was more but that's what I remember. I saw a post on NeoGaf in the pick up thread and checked it out today while doing groceries. I've wanted some of these for so long...

305742114.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
These are all really great shows. Brings me back. I had to pirate them because I couldn't find them anywhere. Definitely going to purchase every single one.

Batman TAS is a clear winner in that group. Also seasons 2 and 3, I believe, have a a few more episodes than the rest of the 5 vol series, IIRC.

Animaniacs, and Pinky & The Brain. Wow. Memureeeeeez!

[quote name='VetraX']Batman TAS is a clear winner in that group. Also seasons 2 and 3, I believe, have a a few more episodes than the rest of the 5 vol series, IIRC.

Animaniacs, and Pinky & The Brain. Wow. Memureeeeeez![/QUOTE]

Definitely. Too bad they're not selling Volume One, it's the best.

Yes it's 4. I'm happy just to get 2 volumes cheep. The boys are happy too. We cancelled the Satellite after getting Netflix and they wanted a few new shows to watch.

i'm hoping to go when I'm done work. At least to pick up Superman and Animaniacs. Have a few awesome cartoons to pass onto my kids one day and at least I'll be able to watch them as opposed to the crap they air on TV nowadays

There was more than one season of Freakazoid? Animaniacs, Freakazoid and Batman Beyond it is.
Also, the season of TAS where the Joker turns someone crazy and makes him into a ketchup and mustard villain as well. :lol

I'm very tempted to pick up Tiny Toons, but I'm afraid it's going to turn out lame; like everything else I thought was cool as a kid. :whistle2:x

Oh son of a bitch! I was JUST at Superstore not 20 minutes ago. Very tempted to pick up some of these titles.

These titles are also available at Loblaws stores. I'm in Ottawa and the Gloucester location had a ton of everything except for Batman TAS.

They also have the first two seasons of X-Men TAS on for $9.99 starting this weekend, but this location had them already.

My haul was the following:

X-Men TAS S1+2
Flintstones S2
Freakazoid S1+2
Tiny Toon S1+2
Superman TAS Complete Series

Will check RCSS tomorrow to see if I can pick up the Batman sets.

plenty different ones at the Aurora store...including 1 more of Superman Complete series (after I grabbed mine)

I have to try a different store tomorrow as the only one I couldn't find that I wanted was Justice League Unlimited: Season One

also the Great Grains cereal is on sale for $3.50'ish instead of $5...awesome cereal. I grabbed 10 boxes :D

BTW, it's the complete Superman on sale for $12.99 (Volume 1-3 in one set).

Photo of my haul:

11gk0tk.jpg

Also had these:

Iron Man Complete Series: $10
Fantastic 4 Complete Series(90s): $10
Lois and Clark Season 1: $10
Lois and Clark Season 2: $10
Wonder Woman Season 1: $10
Wonder Woman Season 2: $10
Xiaolin Showdown Season 1: $2

I think I also saw the rest of the Batman Animated Series there as well. I picked up both X-MEN seasons, Iron Man, Fantastic 4, both Tiny Toons Volumes, both Freakazoid seasons, both Batman seasons, Super Man Complete Series and Xialoin Showdown Season 1.

Hey guys, was the Justice League animated series any good? I'm not talking JL Unlimited, strictly JL. I'm wondering if I should get them or not, as seasons 1 & 2 are available at my nearest RCSS.

[quote name='Aquablak']Hey guys, was the Justice League animated series any good? I'm not talking JL Unlimited, strictly JL. I'm wondering if I should get them or not, as seasons 1 & 2 are available at my nearest RCSS.[/QUOTE]

Justice League/Unlimited was awesome (Unlimited was essentially season 3 & 4 of the series even though they marked them as 1 & 2). Not quite as good as either Supes or Bats animated series' but still pretty damn good compared to most of the crap comic shows out there

[quote name='Griptor']Wow, awesome. Picking some of this up whenever I get the chance.

Is there a lot of stock?[/QUOTE]

Kanata had low stock of Batman TAS but a decent amount of everything else. The website says store opens at 7am and closes at 11PM.

well still no luck finding Justice League Unlimited Season 1.

3 stores down...1 to go that I'm willing to drive to. If anyone is feeling generous and spots one when they're looking I'd gladly reimburse you the cost to ship it to me via Paypal. Worst case I do manage to find one at this last store you can always return it so its no big loss.

Anyways this is the one I'm looking for if you spot it:

JusticeLeagueUnlimited_S1.jpg

[quote name='kyle071785']well still no luck finding Justice League Unlimited Season 1.

3 stores down...1 to go that I'm willing to drive to. If anyone is feeling generous and spots one when they're looking I'd gladly reimburse you the cost to ship it to me via Paypal. Worst case I do manage to find one at this last store you can always return it so its no big loss.

Anyways this is the one I'm looking for if you spot it:

Pretty sure they had these in Ottawa. To ship it to you though, unless it's 2" or less, it would cost an arm and a leg. Otherwise, shipping would be like $2-$3. I'll check it out for you when I'm out and about tomorrow.

[quote name='kyle071785']wasn't Batman TAS only 4 volumes?[/QUOTE]

4 yes. My bad. I must've been thinking of X-men, which I went through recently, and happens to be 5 seasons/volumes.

[quote name='gsrce']Pretty sure they had these in Ottawa. To ship it to you though, unless it's 2" or less, it would cost an arm and a leg. Otherwise, shipping would be like $2-$3. I'll check it out for you when I'm out and about tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

thanks. I still couldn't find it anywhere near me after checking 4 stores...I give up looking. If you grab it and can ship it cheap I'd give you a virtual high five :cool:

[quote name='VetraX']4 yes. My bad. I must've been thinking of X-men, which I went through recently, and happens to be 5 seasons/volumes.[/QUOTE]

its a shame I only saw the first 2 volumes of X-men at the RCSS' I went to. I would have loved to get all 5 of that too.

~

Anyways my final tally for this sale is:

Superman: Complete Animated Series
Justice League: Season 1 & 2
Justice League Unlimited: Season 2
X-Men: Volume 1 & 2
Iron Man: Complete 1994 Series
Fantastic Four: Complete Animated Series
Animaniacs: Volume 1 - 3
Pinky and the Brain: Volume 1 - 3
Superman/Batman Public Enemies (movie)
Batman Under the Red Hood (movie)

I think that's it. I'll be watching cartoons for a while :lol:

Unfortunately of the shows I wanted to pick up I could only find Animaniacs, and only Volumes 2 and 3 (the last copies of each)

I'll have to go over to the other Superstore(s) in Ottawa and see whether they have Volume 1.

Thanks Zelda! I've been wanting Animaniacs for years. Was kind of waiting for a "complete series" DVD or blu-ray but might as well give up at this price a volume.

Windsor update...

the superstore on dougal had no shows at all, guess they aren't a part of the sale

and I saw x-men TAS volumes 1-3 and the iron man animated series at walmart (YMMV?) for $10 each

[quote name='Pajo']Windsor update...

the superstore on dougal had no shows at all, guess they aren't a part of the sale

and I saw x-men TAS volumes 1-3 and the iron man animated series at walmart (YMMV?) for $10 each[/QUOTE]

Me too. They also had vol 4 and 5 for $10 too.

I was able to snag a few on Friday, unfortunately had to exchange a few because some discs had scratches.

Oakville Superstore has plenty left still.

Thanks for letting me know!

hi, can anyone confirm if they saw any in Quebec at Loblaws or Maxi? I just checked out a Loblaws and they didn't have any of them. What a great deal & hoping I can get my hands on a few of them!

Are there any Loblaws in Toronto that sell movies? The closest RCSS to me is a bit of trip, and the closest Loblaws only had a pathetic little display featuring terrible movies as its DVD section.

In Cambridge, bought Batman Beyond Seasons 1, 2, and 3

Also bought the Babylon 5 Movie collection for 12.50. No B5 seasons spotted.

They also had Robot Chicken season 2, Superfriends collections 1 and 2, Filmation Aquaman and Justice League, and Max Fleischer Superman

Has anyone seen BTAS vol 4? The store I went to had 1, 2, and 3 but no 4. I'm wondering if it's out there (in which case I'll head to some other stores) or not.

bread's done
Back