Advice on what to do about a CAG scammer

cujo1022

Banned
i wasent sure where to post this but right now someone on this very board is ripping me off she has aknowldged getting the 2 games i sent her and everything was fine for about a week now she wants a full refund and will not send my games back and will not explain why. should i contact paypal which the payment she sent me was from or is there an admin on here i can pm cuz this sounds scammish to me

[quote name='cujo1022']i wasent sure where to post this but right now someone on this very board is ripping me off she has aknowldged getting the 2 games i sent her and everything was fine for about a week now she wants a full refund and will not send my games back and will not explain why. should i contact paypal which the payment she sent me was from or is there an admin on here i can pm cuz this sounds scammish to me[/QUOTE]

contact one of the mods in the trading forum and they will get involved and try and help you. you might also want to post this in the trading forum.

First of all, I have all the PM's saved from you, stating the misrepresentation of the 2 games I bought from you that I paid $18 for.

I asked for a refund. You asked me to ship the games back. I told you I wanted the money back first and some kind of reimbursement for shipping (to Canada no less).

I filed with Paypal for a partial refund (of $6) after getting no response to my last couple of pm's. No response on Paypal until AFTER the case was closed. Paypal takes quite a while to close a case. I got a grand sum of $6 back (which I asked for/felt was fair for the misrepresentation). I wasn't trying to scam anyone, as my feedback clearly shows.

This guy is using someone else's paypal account and screwed them up, and is threatening me that they will make me lose my account? What the hell.

look ive said it like 4 to 5 times now send the games back and i will refund you easy as that if u have a problem shipping to canada then wtf i shipped from canada to the usa and ive explained the paypal thing to you it should be in your inbox if u really do keep my msgs lastly SEND THE GAMES BACK OR I WILL NOT REFUND YOU I WILL NOT PAY YOU TO HOLD MY GAMES HOSTAGE

I already explained to you that I got my partial refund of $6, in the case that I WON against you (PAYPAL) and I am done with you. Instead of getting $18 for the games, you get $12. No way in heck was I going to ship you back the games, pay out of pocket for shipping and not get a refund. I am not the only person who has had trouble with you.

You weren't even using your own Paypal account, but someone else's. That's FRAUD/MISREPRESENTATION right there.

Sending GH instead of black label is definitely a misrepresentation. People pay a premium for the original release, so I'd say the buyer definitely deserves a refund plus return shipping. Not sure I agree about getting the refund before sending the games back, though. That's not how it works at a regular store, at least.

a) Shrike is the best person to contact

b) cujo you sound like your at fault here since you made a misrepresentation as to what you were selling therefore you should act first to rectify the situation. Sdragon should return the games once he/she is refunded.

First off, you're likely guilty of making false statements about the items you were trying to sell. If you indicated they were non-GH/"black label" mint games and you send items that aren't "black label" and are GH games nor in mint condition, you're not being truthful about what you're selling. People have a perceived higher value over non-GH/"black label" (as well as mint condition) games and if you're trying to sell something other than that, you're likely trying to drive up the price higher than they're worth to the other party.

Secondly, you're friend has violated Paypal's TOS for allowing you the use of their account. Listed here from their User Agreement page (https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/terms-outside#user_responsibilities),

[quote name='Paypal TOS']10. Passwords. You may not reveal your account password(s) to anyone else, nor may you use anyone else's password. PayPal is not responsible for losses incurred by Users as the result of their misuse of passwords.[/quote]

Since your "friend" gave you access to their Paypal account, there's nothing you can do to try and fix the "issue" you're claiming. Only they can, and as they let you use their account, they should be lucky that you aren't going to get them removed from Paypal. I'm more than happy to show Paypal that you admitted to accessing someone else's Paypal account, and provide your email address as check against the Paypal email address on file with them for your friend's account. sdragon can easily provide that for me as needed.

Third, you had time to respond to the dispute, or more appropriately, your friend did. Paypal will ask the other party in the dispute about what the issue is and give them time to respond. If your friend didn't know what was going on, they likely ignored it. You can blame your friend for the loss of the money, and as the items were SNAD (Significantly Not As Described) being GH items and sold as non-GH/"black label" items, sdragon could have filed the dispute for the full amount and probably won it.

There was a partial refund that sdragon was happy with. I suggest you get your facts straight and check them before posting. If you want your games back, it's customary to pay the return postage on the return if the issue is due to your problems, and from what I'm hearing, they are. So, plan on refunding the remaining $12 plus whatever return postage sdragon has to pay to get them back to you and then I'm sure sdragon will send the games back.

Until this issue is resolved to sdragon's satisfaction, you're removed from the Trading Forum, and your neg feedback is removed. It's a little underhanded to file a positive feedback for someone and then file a negative afterwards without contacting a mod about the issue. As I'm pretty sure you didn't do so, that's another point not in your favor.

Again, work out the issue with sdragon. It sounds like they're happy with the partial refund, and if that's the case, it's a done issue and you'll be out of TTO. If not, then work out the full refund + return postage and work out getting your games back. In the meantime, if you're over the age of 18 (minimum age requirement for a Paypal account, also listed in the User Agreement I lined above), get your own Paypal account and stop leeching off someone else's and possibly getting their account removed.

Thank you Shrike4242. I had e-mailed 3 other mods about this situation also.

I didn't even want him to be placed in a trading time-out. I got my $6 (partial refund) of the $18 for the 2 games I bought, which I felt was fair.

Granted, yes, had to file with paypal, and granted, he may have used someone else's paypal account till he got his own, but I was satisfied with the partial refund, and plan on keeping the 2 games despite the fact (or later trading them).

Once the OP decides on what he wants done with the situation, since he appears that he wants his games back, and gets this apparent discrepancy worked out, then he can get removed from TTO.

Admittedly, it's hard to tell what the OP wants with this situation, so we'll let them figure it out and proceed accordingly.

bread's done
Back