Alien vs. Predator Hunter Edition <$30 New at Amazon

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
413 (100%)
So now that I've snagged a copy for myself (been waiting on a reasonable price since Newegg had it for $40 around January), I can inform the lot of you that after being OCD about checking the prices of this product, (it was around $38 last week) it's finally dipped to below $30.
Best part is that the price keeps dropping (albeit slowly). I picked it up @ $29.05 (360 version, PS3 version is cheaper) and I've seen it dip 30 cents an hour or so ago and now it's dipped another 30ish cents to $28.22 (price as of right now).

Hate on the game all you want (I'm sure it'll disappoint me as a long-time AvP PC Series fan), but considering even K-mart has the vanilla version on Clearance for $20, and Amazon's selling the vanilla 360 version for $23 (which means no free shipping, PS3 version is cheaper) and the Hunter edition comes with DLC worth ~$7, this is a no-brainer if you've been waiting for a chance to get this game, like myself. MSRP was $100, btw, possibly the most I've saved on a CE/LE since I got Tekken 6 for $30 ($150 MSRP).

Sorry for not posting this in "cheap" LE/CE thread, but I figured this didn't deserve to get buried.

Xbox 360 ($27.83)
http://www.amazon.com/Aliens-vs-Pre...Q8MU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1306298216&sr=8-2
PS3 ($27.49)
http://www.amazon.com/Aliens-vs-Pre...Q8MU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1306298216&sr=8-2

Lol, I love how trading in the ENTIRE Hunter Edition only gets you an extra $1 as opposed to just trading the game in by itself.

Also, if your Facehugger model comes broken (like 99.999% of them), you can get a free one (including shipping methinks), you just need to give them the product code. I'll find a link when it's needed.

Edit: Almost forgot about the steelbook. NOW you have to get it! : D

Last edited by a moderator:
even cheaper now. 27.83. when you click the link you then have to click the hunter edition button. im not sure ill bite on this. I know the facehugger will be broken and looking around the other forums it seems they maynot have anymore to give out.
ps3 is 50 cents cheaper.

Yeah, I know they had some limited offer on the replacement face huggers that were broken (I did receive one) and I believe the offer expired last year. If there was no expiration date, I am not sure they will not honor a 2 year old game that they are no longer producing and is not really selling. Just so you know, even though I received my replacement, I did not want my broken Facehugger to become garbage. Since it was a clean break, it was very easy to superglue back in place and it was perfect. I was able to bend and pose the tail without any issues.

My shipment is due to arrive on Friday at the earliest, but living where I do I generally get my packages ahead of schedule, which is nice, so I'm expecting Thursday - Saturday arrival. I'll let you know the condition of my facehugger/the possibility of getting a replacement facehugger once it arrives. It'd suck to not get a replacement, but as Tars pointed out, it seems easy enough to re-glue and I wasn't planning on throwing my broken one out. (Side-note: I just bought RE: Umbrella Chronicles today, so your ava makes me wanna get on my Wii now.)

Glad I could at least help out bigsick with this deal, which I knew not many would appreciate as much as myself. Also, as kit352 pointed out, it's even cheaper now (and no tax to boot) so I stand by my previous opinion of this being a no-brainer for anyone who has yet to pick up the game.

Not sure which version runs better, the 360 version is more expensive, but that might be due to popularity. There really needs to be some sort of multiplatform comparison database.

One of the Amazon reviews mentions that the map pack code included with the Hunter Edition may have expired on 3/31/11. Anyone know if this is true? And if so, which version has expired? I know some PSN codes expire, though sometimes even ones that say they expire never really do. As far as I know, I've never seen an expired XBL code.

[quote name='POMusashi']One of the Amazon reviews mentions that the map pack code included with the Hunter Edition may have expired on 3/31/11. Anyone know if this is true? And if so, which version has expired? I know some PSN codes expire, though sometimes even ones that say they expire never really do. As far as I know, I've never seen an expired XBL code though.[/QUOTE]

I don't think XBL codes ever expire. Some of the Joust and Ultimate MK3 codes from a few years back still work from what people have said.

I guess I'll find out when I get it, but I'm pretty sure there's no expiration date. However according to Activision's CoD 4 GotY, you can "run out" of codes. -_-

[quote name='FurryCurry']Haha at the OP. I've been eyeballing this too. I don't know why I won't just pull the trigger already.

Only 53 left...[/QUOTE]

At least it's not just me, we'll see how my package arrives and maybe that'll change your mind.

Also, I love FLCL, good taste indeed.

[quote name='Tarskidx']Yeah, I know they had some limited offer on the replacement face huggers that were broken (I did receive one) and I believe the offer expired last year. If there was no expiration date, I am not sure they will not honor a 2 year old game that they are no longer producing and is not really selling. Just so you know, even though I received my replacement, I did not want my broken Facehugger to become garbage. Since it was a clean break, it was very easy to superglue back in place and it was perfect. I was able to bend and pose the tail without any issues.[/QUOTE]

I bought the hunter edition 2 months ago on amazon, and the tail was broke. I superglued it back, and also requested a replacement on the sega site. Got a brand new unbroken one in the mail 2 weeks later, and put it back in the hunter box, and have the superglued one on display.

That is great if they are still honoring this replacement two years later. That makes this a no brainer for those skeptical if they don't want a broken facehugger. As the two of us have attested to, even if they did not honor the replacement still, you can easily superglue the broken one and display it just fine. The rubber binds to the glue really well and you can pose it without any issues. WIth that knowledge, you would have two poseable facehuggers for the price of one.

I had bought the standard edition used for $10 from Gamefly, thought this game was alright, wasn't great, but the variety in the sp campaign was amusing. However, I couldn't find a match online to get the rest of the achievements, eventually traded it.

[quote name='Serpentor']steelcase? can't tell from description...[/QUOTE]
Yes, the game comes with steelbook case, I have it. I bought it for the same price from Amazon about 2 months ago

If you get a broken facehugger, you can't use www.sega.com/facehugger to get a replacement. Go to sega's website, sign up for the free sega pass, then go to the support section. Submit a new support ticket, and on the page to pick what kind of issue you have, you'll see "facehugger replacement" listed. Select it and fill out your ticket. They will email you back asking for either a picture of the broken facehugger, or the DLC code from your game. Doesn't matter if you have used the DLC code or not, and it won't kill it if you haven't.

[quote name='Nico0020']Anyone confirm yet if the DLC codes work or not?[/QUOTE]

Mine worked within the first couple weeks of april, but can't verify for now.

I'm glad to see that I could help more people got in on this deal. (More people to play online with, right?)
Thanks to EdgeCrusher for finding the replacement link and verifying that they'd still replace the facehugger.
Hopefully bigsick will post whether or not the DLC code works.
Still waiting on mine though. Also, just noticed I have Veteran status now.

[quote name='jond76']Why do I buy this crap?! Lol. Thanks op. The facehugger will look good in the movie room.[/QUOTE]

Coming here has made me a bigger CE/LE whore than ever. But I love the movie franchises, and the game franchise, so this has a special place in my heart, much like MvC3, and Tekken. It's also honestly worth $30 with all the crap that comes with it. I just wish it came with an arcade stick like that Tekken 6 bundle I got for $30 did. : D

Errrg, I'll pick this up if there are any left come payday. What do you think the chances are Amazon will give me a partial refund if the facehugger comes broken?

[quote name='aptanor']Errrg, I'll pick this up if there are any left come payday. What do you think the chances are Amazon will give me a partial refund if the facehugger comes broken?[/QUOTE]

They might know about Sega's replacement offer, so.. unlikely? Too lazy to get a stock count for you, but it's carried by more than one retailer at a cheap price at the moment, I think. Depending on your payday, you might get lucky here.

[quote name='Nico0020']Anyone confirm yet if the DLC codes work or not?[/QUOTE]
I just got mine today and the code for the Xbox 360 version does still work. 348.45 MB download

[quote name='JVorhees#1']I just got mine today and the code for the Xbox 360 version does still work. 348.45 MB download[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

Alright, so can everyone just be in for 1 now so we can have enough people on Live/PSN? : D It's free DLC.

the facehugger is soooo Ugly. its worthless.

they shouldve included a mini alien or perdator action figure instead.

the ugly facehugger is why this CE is so Cheap.

Don't hate on the steelbook and graphic novel. But you're right about them being able to do a better job, lol. I prefer my girlfriend's stuffed facehugger and stuffed chestburster. But like I said, it's a deal even without the little figure, so I'm not gonna complain about it especially when you can get a second one for free.

I ordered one and it was going to come today but for the first time Fed Ex said they couldn't leave it at my door because of security even though they have left bigger boxes out there unattended over the last few years.

So I can either get it at the local office tomorrow or wait for them to deliver it again Tuesday. Yeah so I will be going to pick it up tomorrow. I hope it is in good condition...

My fucking Hunter Edition STILL hasn't shipped. -_- I ordered from It's Your Turn, Inc while they had it cheaper. I bet most of you ordered it from NYC Electronics, which I thought I had ordered from, but apparently not. Is it worth cancelling at this point and re-ordering from NYC Electronics? I ordered this on May 24th, ffs.

Edit: Since it hasn't even shipped yet how immediate would my refund be, I guess is what I'm asking + is it worth the wait at this point or would NYC Electronics ship it a 1000% quicker?

^Good question. You can email them and see? IIRC NYC was a Prime shipper too.

My Facehugger turned out ok. I think it's cute. Not $100 cute though lol.

[quote name='FurryCurry']^Good question. You can email them and see? IIRC NYC was a Prime shipper too.

My Facehugger turned out ok. I think it's cute. Not $100 cute though lol.[/QUOTE]

Lol, I'm sure it's $10 cute. : D Anyways, I requested a cancelation, and talked to Amazon Live Chat but they said they can't cancel it since it entered the "shipping process" on the 25th. But they've yet to actually mail it. The estimated delivery day is June 2nd ~ 6th, ffs. My worst experience on Amazon yet. fucking ridiculous, should I just order it again from NYC Electronics and send the other vendor's package back, or?

yeah? I mean you are making this into a pretty big deal. I expect people to send my stuff out immediately so I don't see why this is such a bad experience for you. Just return it and order from NYC or Amazon.

No, the problem is more that it's said it's going to be shipped "soon". It actually hasn't left the place I bought it from yet, and it's been a couple of days. Basically, it can't be canceled because it's entered this "process" in which it takes 4+ days to actually put the package together and mail it. Do you see my point now?

Edit: I guess my problem is the opposite of your point, they've dicked around for a couple of days instead of sending it out immediately.

[quote name='BobbyTastic']No, the problem is more that it's said it's going to be shipped "soon". It actually hasn't left the place I bought it from yet, and it's been a couple of days. Basically, it can't be canceled because it's entered this "process" in which it takes 4+ days to actually put the package together and mail it. Do you see my point now?

Edit: I guess my problem is the opposite of your point, they've dicked around for a couple of days instead of sending it out immediately.[/QUOTE]

No. Newegg is known for the same thing; Decent transit times but it can take a few days for the order to process. Same thing for Walmart.com orders.

If you were using your prime account AND were purchasing directly from Amazon.com I'd understand but this is a 3rd party seller and it is a holiday weekend so he might be on vacation.

If you have the funds available I'd purchase from the other seller and just refuse the second package.

Also, when i bought mine for about ~ $30 a year or so ago I had to go through three different orders because the box kept arrive in bad shape. It wasn't damaged but I was buying this to put on my book shelf and add it to the rest of my collection and I didn't want one that was misshapen.

Thanks OP -- snagged a 360 copy with Portal 2 TI credit. I got the PC version @ Target about 6 months ago for $7, but I'm a sucker for CE/LE!

[quote name='GBAstar']No. Newegg is known for the same thing; Decent transit times but it can take a few days for the order to process. Same thing for Walmart.com orders.

If you were using your prime account AND were purchasing directly from Amazon.com I'd understand but this is a 3rd party seller and it is a holiday weekend so he might be on vacation.

If you have the funds available I'd purchase from the other seller and just refuse the second package.

Also, when i bought mine for about ~ $30 a year or so ago I had to go through three different orders because the box kept arrive in bad shape. It wasn't damaged but I was buying this to put on my book shelf and add it to the rest of my collection and I didn't want one that was misshapen.[/QUOTE]

I suppose I don't buy from third-party sellers often, it's just ridiculous how so many other people in this thread who ordered after me already have their package, nvm that their package is processed. The difference in quality of these sellers is ridiculous. It's funny you mention Walmart because I made a Walmart.com order the same day as this, and I JUST got my Walmart.com order in the mail today (and I only paid the 97 cent shipping, and they were two separate orders). I guess I'm just spoiled with quick shipping times, but just, ugh. Not sure how to "refuse" a package. Also, I've never bought anything from Newegg, but generally their shipping's free regardless, right?

@Hudson (Is that a Hudson from Aliens reference?) Np, and I'm a CE/LE whore too since coming here, no shame in it, especially at a price point like $30. I know the PC copy is dirt cheap since I see it on eBay for $10 all the time.

@Hudson (Is that a Hudson from Aliens reference?) Np, and I'm a CE/LE whore too since coming here, no shame in it, especially at a price point like $30. I know the PC copy is dirt cheap since I see it on eBay for $10 all the time.

Absolutely. I've used this handle for about 15 years now. Aliens is on my top 10 favorite movies.

[quote name='Hudson187']Absolutely. I've used this handle for about 15 years now. Aliens is on my top 10 favorite movies.[/QUOTE]

That's some good taste right there. Most of my messenger accounts/older forum+website accounts were connected to the name Alien Destroyer (or AD for short) which is the handle I used when I play AvP2 for the PC back in the day. Good times, you ever play?

To keep this post relevant: I guess I'll just wait on this order to come and hope NYC Electronics isn't sold out if the AvP: HE is in shit condition when it arrives. This better not bite me in the ass.

This game was such a disappointment.

If you don't care about the collector crap, you're better off buying AvP 1 and 2 on the PC for half as much.

[quote name='wEEman33']This game was such a disappointment.

If you don't care about the collector crap, you're better off buying AvP 1 and 2 on the PC for half as much.[/QUOTE]

Make sure you get the Gold editions, especially the first one. Even if Primal Hunt was absolute crap. You'd imagine that the company behind the incredible first PC game would do a good job here, but I suppose it's not a surprise after they made Rogue Warrior. I care enough about the collector crap and waited out for a price drop for way too long to let this one go though, the game's at least worth ~$15, expectations just were kinda high. I own AvP1 + 2, regardless.

Ugh, I'm doing that thing where I reply too much and the recent posts are filled up with "Latest Post By BobbyTastic". I'm gonna go to BBV now. >_>;

On that note of AVP1 Gold, does anyone know where to snag the ORIGINAL 1998(?) release? I absolutely abhorred Gold edition's re-cast voice acting and changed FMVs. Aside from a few disconnected mentions on message boards, my google-fu has never turned up even a video of this version of the game.

Also: the AVP steelbook is probably the greatest one I've ever seen.:)

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']On that note of AVP1 Gold, does anyone know where to snag the ORIGINAL 1998(?) release? I absolutely abhorred Gold edition's re-cast voice acting and changed FMVs. Aside from a few disconnected mentions on message boards, my google-fu has never turned up even a video of this version of the game.

Also: the AVP steelbook is probably the greatest one I've ever seen.:)[/QUOTE]

God damnit, you're only making the wait for me (OP, btw) worse. ;_; This is why we can't have nice deals!

I kid, umm.. eBay doesn't have a single original release? Damn. I have AvP2 Vanilla, sorry I can't help you with that.

Also, just noticed that your avatar was Mecha(?)-Zangief. I approve.

Sorry to necro thread and all but my package finally left its home yesterday, I'll let you know how it goes when it finally gets here.

bread's done
Back