GGT #114 Can't Wait For The Flood Of New Kinect Games at E3!!

hankmecrankme

CAGiversary!
Feedback
39 (100%)
Kinectimals 2?

Kinect Adventures 2?

Kinect Sports Resort?

Kinect Fit?

Kinect Music?

Kinect Play?

Sign me up. :bouncy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost have the Platinum in LA Noire...just 2 more cars to get that and the 100 percent, then need 5 stars on like 6 more cases.

IT HAS BEGUN!

[quote name='IGN']Activision has just announced their new Call of Duty Online service for the PS3 and 360. Call of Duty Online will allow you to experience one of the top selling game's online play via dedicated servers now. Call of Duty Online's subscription service will be a tiered service that allows members to choose how much they wish to get out of their gaming experience. The basic service will include "the award winning online experience that has defined this generation." The premium service will get you access to exclusive perks, maps, and weapons that basic service subscribers will not be able to obtain. We are told for the 360 version you will still be required to pay for Xbox Live Gold, however PSN will have no such restriction. Call of Duty Online will launch along side Modern Warfare 3 this November.[/quote]

Source: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/11..543p1.html

Wait...they're going to release 2 Call of Duty games in the same year? What the fuck?

Let me guess what it entails: Every COD map from COD4 onward. $15 a month. Pay for map packs. I R GENIUS

[quote name='KingBroly']Wait...they're going to release 2 Call of Duty games in the same year? What the fuck?

Let me guess what it entails: Every COD map from COD4 onward. $15 a month. Pay for map packs. I R GENIUS[/QUOTE]

No, apparently Call of Duty Online is what they're calling their subscription service or something like that.

I'll wait to see what ends up becoming of that, if its 5 bucks a month and we get a shit ton of new maps all the time, it might be totally worth it. Its likely going to be anal rape tho, so we'll see. I think activision is smart enough to know that if they piss off the general userbase of COD players, they stand to lose billions, so i doubt they'll go full probe off the bat.

[quote name='Cysquatch']Really? The way it was being described to me made it seem like a ''compliment'' to ACII while they worked on a proper sequel. I guess I'll check it out then.[/QUOTE]

It is definitely more than a compliment, more like the second half of the story. Be sure to check out the multiplayer too. I thought it would be a generic add on, but its pretty well thought out and unique.

[quote name='The Crotch']You ignored the second part of my post. If the end product is all that matters, then the fact that it is a "mere mod" is completely and utterly irrelevant. If engine = means and game = ends, then game = means and mod = ends.[/QUOTE]

That's kind of what I was thinking too..

[quote name='blitz6speed']I'll wait to see what ends up becoming of that, if its 5 bucks a month and we get a shit ton of new maps all the time, it might be totally worth it. Its likely going to be anal rape tho, so we'll see. I think activision is smart enough to know that if they piss off the general userbase of COD players, they stand to lose billions, so i doubt they'll go full probe off the bat.[/QUOTE]

You know they could piss them off and they'd still keep coming back.

From the last one:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Just finished Dead Nation.
(1) Cool ending, I suppose.
(2) Does anyone know if your unlocked shit carries through to other playthroughs?
(3) Does anyone want to coop it sometime, now that a lot of you can get it for free?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure your stuff carries over. I haven't beat it yet, but I am damn close and have played in a friend's game starting on the first level in which I had all of my armor. You have to wait for the guns and purchase them as usual IIRC.
I need to finish my game but every time I've tried I get frustrated and just try to run through and end up going down in what i presume is the last section where they just keep throwing waves at you, you finally move through the little gate and then it starts all over again.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']SMG was useless for sure... for the longest time I had maxed throwables with max assault rifle and max flamethrower... instead of buying launcher/shocker/blade I maxed shotgun. That shit could stop a charging bull... very good for stopping those 1 hit kills from the scissor fuckfaces.

What difficulty did you play on?[/QUOTE] Whatever Normal was. I didn't like the game enough to play on hard.

[quote name='Eviltude']From the last one:

I'm pretty sure your stuff carries over. I haven't beat it yet, but I am damn close and have played in a friend's game starting on the first level in which I had all of my armor. You have to wait for the guns and purchase them as usual IIRC.
I need to finish my game but every time I've tried I get frustrated and just try to run through and end up going down in what i presume is the last section where they just keep throwing waves at you, you finally move through the little gate and then it starts all over again.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, armor carries, weapons don't. :| Seems like it will make the "get all the armor" trophy easier... not sure about "all the treasure in all the levels though".

[quote name='ihadFG']Well there goes any chance of me buying the game. Can't say I'm surprised though. It is Activision after all.[/QUOTE]

Same. Though I was pretty much done with the CoD series anyway. But that seals it.

From the last thread:

[quote name='The Crotch']You ignored the second part of my post. If the end product is all that matters, then the fact that it is a "mere mod" is completely and utterly irrelevant. If engine = means and game = ends, then game = means and mod = ends.[/QUOTE]

I covered that in my first post. I conceded a modded game could be judged as a new and original game in some cases were it ends up playing as a totally different game than original. That's different than something that just mods in different character skins etc. that don't change the gameplay, story, etc. at all.

What matters to me is how original and fresh the end product is. It doesn't matter if it's a new game engine, and commonly used game engine or a mod. It matters whether the end result is something new and fresh or some game I've played umpteen times before with a new coat of paint. And I conceded that some extreme mod could (and has) resulted in very new game experience and should be judged as such.

But your little equation I don't agree with. Game engine=means. Mod=means. Mod does not equal ends. The game is the ends, and all I care about is that it's fun to play, and hopefully brings something new to the table. I don't care how it was made. New Engine/Old Engine/Mod I don't care any more about than whether a painting is in oil paint or watercolors. I care whether the game is fun and original and the painting is pleasant to look at.

But generally I'm just annoyed and getting sick of gaming again because of the lack of originality. Damn near everything coming out these days is a sequel, and if not a sequel it's just a generic FPS or other popular genre game that might as well be a sequel since it brings nothing new to the table. The only real innovation this generation has been shit that makes games worse like motion controls. So my mod rant is more just a frustrated with gaming in general rant.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait for next gen, when I'll be expected to pay for Xbox Live, PSN, Xbox Live Platinum Plus, PSN Plus Plus, NGP PSN Plus Plus Plus, and a monthly subscription for every game.

[quote name='Chibi_Kaji']So it seems Witcher 2 for consoles is a thing?[/QUOTE]

Color me interested.

What's the combat like in this series. Hack and Slash (semi-realtime) like Oblivion, or give commands and watch mainly like Dragon Age?

I just got Killzone 3 in the mail. I'm pretty excited for it.

I'm also excited to get my tootsie roll coin bank counted somewhere that doesn't charge $0.09 on the dollar to do so.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Color me interested.

What's the combat like in this series. Hack and Slash (semi-realtime) like Oblivion, or give commands and watch mainly like Dragon Age?[/QUOTE]

It seems like realtime combat to me.

[quote name='Eviltude']Well scratch that shit. Suntrust used to do it for free, but they don't anymore. fuck that. Now I'm angry.[/QUOTE]

There used to be a trick about using the Amazon.com ones in stores but unplugging the network connection to it. This would allow it to give normal cash without the fee. Not sure if these even exist.

Check to see if you have a credit union in your area -- they're generally better than most banks in my experience and a lot of them merely require you to live or work in the area nowadays.

[quote name='Eviltude']Well scratch that shit. Suntrust used to do it for free, but they don't anymore. fuck that. Now I'm angry.[/QUOTE]

Most banks only do it free for their customers these days. And then usually only if they have a machine in the lobby where you do it yourself and take a receipt to the teller to get cash or deposit into your account.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Oh shit. I just realized Sony's going to screw me when it comes to buying a klassic kostume pack for MK, since I redeemed my reptile skin. :([/QUOTE]
And that is why I created a gameshare for the kontent. If I couldn't have gotten the gameshare together I was just going to use my Scorp code on a different account. I'm really hoping that the Cyrax Klassic is in the bundle, too.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Dude, I told someone to get divorced on Facebook and they seriously got mad at me. Wtf.[/QUOTE]

Did you tell them to get divorced so you could hook up with the (ex)wife?

Sounds like Ninja Gaiden 3 might not suck. . .

LA Noire has really gotten its hooks into me recently. Hours just fly by when I'm playing the game. I tend to really get into detective stuff though.

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']I thought Witcher 2 was going to be on consoles from the start?[/QUOTE]

That was the plan. But then they decided to can it because they didn't have the man power to make it.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']Sounds like Ninja Gaiden 3 might not suck. . .[/QUOTE]

Indeed, there is hope for this game yet.

bread's done
Back