Silent Hill 2 PC port- good/where to find?

AstronautAvA

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
So I want to finally check out the Silent Hill series and everyone has told me to start with 2. Apparently the Xbox version is the definitive SKU, but the backwards compatibility with 360 is abhorrent. However, from what I've read the PC port is supposed to be very good and contains whatever the Xbox version had.

Can anyone vouch for this port or tell me where to get it for less than the 35 dollars the people on Amazon want for it?

Thanks in advance :)

I've never played it personally but when it came one of my brother in-laws was very upset about how bad it was and how easy the final boss was. He was a big Silent Hill fan also.

[quote name='Megazell']I've never played it personally but when it came one of my brother in-laws was very upset about how bad it was and how easy the final boss was. He was a big Silent Hill fan also.[/QUOTE]

Were both of those complaints PC specific or just general qualms with the game itself?

[quote name='AstronautAvA']Were both of those complaints PC specific or just general qualms with the game itself?[/QUOTE]

I think overall it was the game itself. But being a port did not help.

[quote name='Megazell']I've never played it personally but when it came one of my brother in-laws was very upset about how bad it was and how easy the final boss was. He was a big Silent Hill fan also.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't trust his opinion on any games. Silent Hill 2 is the best of the series, and the greatest survival horror of all time. I played through the game on PS2 and Xbox, and a couple hours on the PC port. From what I could tell, the PC port is fine, and works great with a controller.

[quote name='Brownjohn']I wouldn't trust his opinion on any games. Silent Hill 2 is the best of the series, and the greatest survival horror of all time. I played through the game on PS2 and Xbox, and a couple hours on the PC port. From what I could tell, the PC port is fine, and works great with a controller.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't trust emotional gamers. They get mad when you don't agree with them. Sad.

[quote name='Brownjohn']I wouldn't trust his opinion on any games. Silent Hill 2 is the best of the series, and the greatest survival horror of all time. I played through the game on PS2 and Xbox, and a couple hours on the PC port. From what I could tell, the PC port is fine, and works great with a controller.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, well I guess I'll just choke down the 30 dollar price tag then. Thanks to both you and Megazell for the replies :)

The greatest hits version of the PS2 version had the same content as the Xbox version. You were able to play as Maria. If you still have a PS2, or have a backwards compatible PS3, I'd suggest that if you you have no luck obtaining the pc version.

Unfortunately, I don't have a PS2 or 3, hence why I'm looking at the PC version. I've debated getting a PS2 so I could just work my way through the whole series. Then again, I imagine the PC version having (at least slightly) better/higher-res textures and whatnot. Then again, I could be full of it.

silent hill 2 hd is coming out paired with silent hill 3 hd in a bundle for ps3 at some point in the future.

if you can wait id just wait for that. Of course you dont have a ps3 but it might not be a terrible investment for you either.

Just wait for later this year and get the HD versions of 2 and 3. They were just announced. You can pick it up on 360 for probably $30-40.

bread's done
Back