- - - - -

KmartGamer 6.0 - Gears of War 3 $20 coupon + Save $30 on 12 Month XBLA

#7441 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   14849 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:27 PM

People (like Shimmerz) above my original post said coupons no longer work on points cards, so that's why I posted wanting clarification. Either TRU, KMart, or Amazon is going to get my money for X-Men Destiny depending on the deal (I honestly hope it's Amazon for no tax and the Emma Frost unlocks.) asI need 2 1600 or 1 4000 points card for the month of October.

#7442 roger watersmelon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3007 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

roger watersmelon

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:34 PM

I can't personally confirm whether or not coupons still work on points cards, but Shimmerz example seems to pretty much cover that they don't work with Microsoft cards right now.

To Josh (or anyone else),
Am I correct in assuming that the "premium map" for Skyrim is going to be one of those pre-order only bonuses like Dark Souls and Zelda (and thus will not come with the copies sold at K-Mart)?

#7443 GPrime101   Hello! Wait! *Whistle* CAGiversary!   48 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

GPrime101

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:35 PM

People (like Shimmerz) above my original post said coupons no longer work on points cards, so that's why I posted wanting clarification. Either TRU, KMart, or Amazon is going to get my money for X-Men Destiny depending on the deal (I honestly hope it's Amazon for no tax and the Emma Frost unlocks.) asI need 2 1600 or 1 4000 points card for the month of October.

Until Josh or Stock-Boy confirms this, don't assume it to be the case. I've had no problems getting PSN cards with the coupons, as long as what i was getting was higher than the coupon amount. I know you're not talking about PSN points, but there's no reason why those would work and XBL cards wouldn't.

#7444 SHC-Gamer   Kmart/Sears Official Rep Retailer Representative   4824 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

SHC-Gamer

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:17 PM

Until Josh or Stock-Boy confirms this, don't assume it to be the case. I've had no problems getting PSN cards with the coupons, as long as what i was getting was higher than the coupon amount. I know you're not talking about PSN points, but there's no reason why those would work and XBL cards wouldn't.

They definitely still work, its just about the value of the coupon and the value of the purchase that needs to be in line. Otherwise it has be associate error of some type as we've definitely sold cards this week that had coupons used on them.

Edited by SHC-Gamer, 22 September 2011 - 08:41 PM.

#7445 Shimmerz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   351 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:30 PM

They definitely still work, its just about the value of the coupon and the value of the purchase that needs to be in line.

The computers at the Newburyport, MA store begs to differ. I definitely tried to use coupons valued lower than the point card total, yet the coupons worked just fine on software, go figure.

$49.99 (4000 pt card) didnt work with a $20 off coupon (either from Madden or Deus Ex)
$19.99 (1600 pt card) didnt work with a $15 off coupon (from Space Marine which I used the previous two coupons on)

So regardless of whether people say its working or not, until it actually works at my store I consider it not working.

Edited by Shimmerz, 22 September 2011 - 08:38 PM.
update with details

#7446 SHC-Gamer   Kmart/Sears Official Rep Retailer Representative   4824 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

SHC-Gamer

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:42 PM

The computers at the Newburyport, MA store begs to differ. I definitely tried to use coupons valued lower than the point card total, yet the coupons worked just fine on software, go figure.

$49.99 (4000 pt card) didnt work with a $20 off coupon (either from Madden or Deus Ex)
$19.99 (1600 pt card) didnt work with a $15 off coupon (from Space Marine which I used the previous two coupons on)

So regardless of whether people say its working or not, until it actually works at my store I consider it not working.

Pasting this in an email to IT. We'll see what going on, definitely sold cards though this week via coupons. Maybe something weird is going on here.

#7447 SHC-Gamer   Kmart/Sears Official Rep Retailer Representative   4824 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

SHC-Gamer

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:01 PM

7.0 will be good...fingers crossed.