Half Price Books 20% off Memorial Day Weekend Sale

BrolyB593

CAGiversary!
Feedback
206 (100%)
From May 26-30 Half Price Books is having a 20% off sale, effective on EVERYTHING in the store.

http://www.hpb.com/

Granted this is not nearly as good as their usual 'coupon weeks' ending with 50% off, but it still is not a bad deal seeing as most of their stuff is already reasonably priced.

Also for those few members that are unaware, this is in the Video Game Deals because not only does HPB carry a great selection of used books, but they also have used videogames, accessories and strategy guides.

[quote name='BrolyB593']From May 26-30 Half Price Books is having a 20% off sale, effective on EVERYTHING in the store.

http://www.hpb.com/

Granted this is not nearly as good as their usual 'coupon weeks' ending with 50% off, but it still is not a bad deal seeing as most of their stuff is already reasonably priced.

Also for those few members that are unaware, this is in the Video Game Deals because not only does HPB carry a great selection of used books, but they also have used videogames, accessories and strategy guides.[/QUOTE]

i only see books, music, and movies... where do you find videogames on their website?

[quote name='hle078']i only see books, music, and movies... where do you find videogames on their website?[/QUOTE]

The sale is in store only. The B&M locations have plenty.

I made a trip to one of the couple locations by me and picked up Alex Ross's Mythology for only $15. They had the complete Secret Wars II Omnibus for only $50 and then the 20% off but I reluctantly passed on it.

They had the GOTY Oblivion guide for $45 at my location, which is rare to find.

I found a sealed black box copy of Pinball for NES at a HPB last week. They get some random stuff in. A lot of the vintage price stuff they overprice, but apparently the employees didn't realize sealed vintage games carry a premium. They marked it the same price as the loose NES games: $1.98.

Usually recent video game deals are a bust there for me because their prices are high except with the 50% off coupon. Sometimes I find good vintage deals. Also picked up Pokemon Blue for $1.98, cart-only.

Check out their clearance section for video game strategy guides. They get rid of old ones for $1-2 usually. Newer guides are half cover price.

Oh, and they have a ton of brand new graphic novels at all the HPB around here. I think they bought out Borders or another store that just went out of business...or overstock from somewhere...some of the graphic novels are more than half off. I'm waiting on the ones they have tons of copies of because they will clearance them out next month if they still have several copies of each.

Awww too bad the one I go to had horrible selection of games yesterday. If they didn't I would go back again to buy some.

I went today and bought some newly clearanced books ($1-2 each). My Kindle frowned at me when I got home.

Don't forget that they buy back things, too. I had some freebie magazines and a few books and got $35. They don't give much for magazines, but that stack sitting on your table could be a little money in your pocket and a way to get you to clean your home lol.

Oh, and hopefully, your HPB offers free coffee. I like the Pumpkin Spice or Columbian brew.

I always get jealous hearing of the things that people find there. But, we have Fry's, so I guess it evens out.

[quote name='Vegan']I always get jealous hearing of the things that people find there. But, we have Fry's, so I guess it evens out.[/QUOTE]

we got both here :)

Went to my local HPB and didn't see much. A few pokemon guides and some final fantasy guides I already had were $10 so not too good. In terms of recent games the only decent game they had was Zelda spirit tracks for $19.99 which I can get for the same price or less at amazon. The only decent retro games they had were FF3 and Kirby Superstar (SNES versions) for $34.99 and $29.99 respectively. Decided not to bite since I have FF6 GBA version and I can get Kirby Superstar for the DS cheaper.

I love the HPB stores near me. They recently started selling comics and manga in bundles at cheap prices to move them out of the store; I was able to get the whole Lone Wolf and Cub series for about $35.

[quote name='Vegan']I always get jealous hearing of the things that people find there. But, we have Fry's, so I guess it evens out.[/QUOTE]

Ive never found anything at mine.

The game section is 99% pc titles and even those are like 30 copies of il 2 sturmovik, 40 copies of deer hunter and 19 copies of tom clancys hawx. Few console games are always ps1 sports titles or the occasional crash bandicoot cortexs revenge on ps2 or something.

Nothing changes at mine though. Dvds are always the same, managa titles are all just naruto and big name stuff and so on.

My greatest find there was they had like 5 of the original chose your own adventure books for 1 dollar each.

[quote name='BrolyB593']
They had the GOTY Oblivion guide for $45 at my location, which is rare to find.[/QUOTE]

I picked that up today along with the guides for Star Ocean: Till the End of Time and The Sly Collection.

I couldn't pass on an Oblivion guide with just a little cover wear for $36 when the cheapest I've seen it is $38 and that's missing a cover or has water damage or something.

bread's done
Back