Space Marine Pre-Order Deals! $44.99 + free darksiders + free Blood Ravens pack!

biodole

CAG Veteran
Space Marine has a bunch of special pre-order goodies right now

http://www.spacemarine.com/buy

However, the best one out at the moment is $44.99 on STEAM for the regular version with a FREE copy of darksiders as well as a blood ravens armor skins pack.

If anyone has any coupons for the THQ store, we could possibly get a better deal on the non-steam version.

id actually preorder if i could get the free darksiders for the 360 version. im not sure this game is going to be good though so ill just wait.

[quote name='kit352']id actually preorder if i could get the free darksiders for the 360 version. im not sure this game is going to be good though so ill just wait.[/QUOTE]

I'd be willing to bet money that Space Marine turns out to be an epic game. So far all of the Warhammer 40k titles released by THQ and gamesworkshop have been outstanding. In addition, the gameplay videos are pretty entertaining.

I would be pre-ordering the collector's edition right now if SOMEONE had a THQ STORE coupon ;-)

[quote name='biodole']I would be pre-ordering the collector's edition right now if SOMEONE had a THQ STORE coupon ;-)[/QUOTE]AND...

A compelling reason to buy it... Its an awesome CE but why none of the preorder DLC on such an expensive package?

Also where's the limited edition Titus miniature for the tabletop game...? (That would have been wicked.)

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']AND...

A compelling reason to buy it... Its an awesome CE but why none of the preorder DLC on such an expensive package?

Also where's the limited edition Titus miniature for the tabletop game...? (That would have been wicked.)[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. It's funny in a sad kind of way I suppose. Being a PC game box collector, I things like this for a HUGE amount (with shipping, it's almost $100- and the THQ shop is the absolute worst. I would get this from Amazon (even though Amazon always always charges sales tax), or elsewhere, but can't. I've got a pretty rad collector of all of the Warhammer 40K games, except for the DOS ones...

I liked retribution, fun game, and because I suck at video games, getting all the wargear was a huge plus.

[quote name='friedram']Totally agree. It's funny in a sad kind of way I suppose. Being a PC game box collector, I things like this for a HUGE amount (with shipping, it's almost $100- and the THQ shop is the absolute worst. I would get this from Amazon (even though Amazon always always charges sales tax), or elsewhere, but can't. I've got a pretty rad collector of all of the Warhammer 40K games, except for the DOS ones...

I liked retribution, fun game, and because I suck at video games, getting all the wargear was a huge plus.[/QUOTE]

I think this one DOES come with the pre-order darksiders PC game as well as the golden powersword dlc....but besides that...for $80 + shipping makes this a pretty bad deal compared to the steam deal of $44.99 with the DLC and darksiders. So basically $40 for a purity seal replica, art book, soundtrack, and 30 info cards? Weak.

I totally agree that it should have came with a limited edition Titus miniature. Or better yet...how about a scale model dreadnought...like a aluminum one with moving torso and guns....that would've been an epic desk decoration ;-)

[quote name='biodole']I think this one DOES come with the pre-order darksiders PC game as well as the golden powersword dlc....but besides that...for $80 + shipping makes this a pretty bad deal compared to the steam deal of $44.99 with the DLC and darksiders. So basically $40 for a purity seal replica, art book, soundtrack, and 30 info cards? Weak.

I totally agree that it should have came with a limited edition Titus miniature. Or better yet...how about a scale model dreadnought...like a aluminum one with moving torso and guns....that would've been an epic desk decoration ;-)[/QUOTE]

Completely agree, 100%. Like I said, I'm dumb for getting this. I wouldn't do it for something dumb like a CE of "Resistance" or "Socom" but Warhammer, I'm all in.

Is the Blood Raven pack cosmetic only and multiplayer only? I already pre-ordered this on Steam but they don't have much info in the description on the pre-order junk.

[quote name='friedram']I liked retribution, fun game, and because I suck at video games, getting all the wargear was a huge plus.[/QUOTE]And all that wargear got released on steam also... I think its like a buck a each races' wargear.

Still haven't gotten Retribution. Still have much to do in the first two and I kept hoping for a CE being available elsewhere. (now, I'm waiting for a great deal.)

[quote name='rybrad']Is the Blood Raven pack cosmetic only and multiplayer only? I already pre-ordered this on Steam but they don't have much info in the description on the pre-order junk.[/QUOTE]
Cosmetic only... and I thought it was MP only but I cannot find a link for it... Honestly, I'm not sure what would keep them from being useable in Single player. Maybe prerendered cutscenes? (but that;s never stopped other games.)

In my gut I do think all of the preorder DLC will end up being available on all platforms at some point in time... Its the current trend, THQ has the habit of doing it, and some of these place that have preorder DLC aren't known for being a good place to buy PC games at.

And I really don't see Relic/THQ/Games Workshop offending their fans by not having the Space Wolves/Black Templar skins becoming available for all at some point. (Though I doubt they will confirm this before the game ships.)

That said I really think the best place to buy this will be Gamestop... but only if you intend to sale your codes.

[quote name='biodole']I'd be willing to bet money that Space Marine turns out to be an epic game. So far all of the Warhammer 40k titles released by THQ and gamesworkshop have been outstanding. In addition, the gameplay videos are pretty entertaining.

I would be pre-ordering the collector's edition right now if SOMEONE had a THQ STORE coupon ;-)[/QUOTE]

i preordered firewalker way back when and regretted it every day for a while. Ill not be making that mistake again with a warhammer game but most have been good. My fear for this game is itll end up being a cheap hack and slash with a little gears thrown in. from the few vids ive seen it looks like its just wave after wave of enemies.

[quote name='kit352']i preordered firewalker way back when and regretted it every day for a while. Ill not be making that mistake again with a warhammer game but most have been good. My fear for this game is itll end up being a cheap hack and slash with a little gears thrown in. from the few vids ive seen it looks like its just wave after wave of enemies.[/QUOTE]

WH40K hack and slash? Sounds like some good ol' fashioned fun to me ;-)

But anyway, I would say there is a good chance the game is going to be of good quality. THQ tends to turn out a good product, and moreover, all the other WK40K titles have been outstanding thus far (at least in my opinion).

At the very least...I'd throw them the $50 or w/e just to support the company in all the good they have done so far on the other WH40K titles.

I think the steam deal is probably the best deal we will see until several months after release. Doubt there will be an "expansion" pack either because of the nature of the game.....most likely just a sequel.

[quote name='kit352']i preordered firewalker way back when and regretted it every day for a while. Ill not be making that mistake again with a warhammer game but most have been good. My fear for this game is itll end up being a cheap hack and slash with a little gears thrown in. from the few vids ive seen it looks like its just wave after wave of enemies.[/QUOTE]

As someone who bought the collector's edition of C&C 4... I TOTALLY understand. Nothing like having something you love not only shit on, but lit on fire....

I was sold before seeing video, but after the demo I'm waiving my CAG on this. Pre-ordered amazon release day delivery FTMFW!

1314249804721.gif

had marginal interest till i played the demo. it's not a must have compared with other titles this season, but i'll likely pick it up at some point. and sure it is reminiscent of gears but in a good way. love the design and the gameplay. just wish the deals were better; one more reason to hold off a little while.

I played the demo too, and it's slightly above average.

What I noticed was missing: no jumping, no running, and no cover system. Sure there's a jet pack...meh.

The melee gameplay is neat, fury system is okay, and the chainsaw-sword is alright. The number of enemy count is high, but they're weak. I can't get over how you can overcome stunning and executing one enemy while 10 are standing around to kill you...this $h!t just makes me laugh.

They are definitely copying Gears. Space Marine for me is a $15 title on the Shipwreck scale.

[quote name='VipFREAK']You guys know space marines has been around far longer than GoW right....?[/QUOTE]

What do you mean? Isn't it just a big Gears/Starcraft rip-off? ;)

[quote name='Mospeada_21']I played the demo too, and it's slightly above average.

What I noticed was missing: no jumping, no running, and no cover system. Sure there's a jet pack...meh.

The melee gameplay is neat, fury system is okay, and the chainsaw-sword is alright. The number of enemy count is high, but they're weak. I can't get over how you can overcome stunning and executing one enemy while 10 are standing around to kill you...this $h!t just makes me laugh.

They are definitely copying Gears. Space Marine for me is a $15 title on the Shipwreck scale.[/QUOTE]

I don't know squat about 40k, but I feel like you're totally missing the point. There's no cover because these guys don't use cover, which is why you can simply murder everything in your way.

[quote name='Mospeada_21']What I noticed was missing: no jumping and no cover system. Sure there's a jet pack...meh.[/QUOTE]

Fixed that for you. There is running. I played the demo on the PS3 and pushing down L3 will allow you to run. In fact they do an interesting screen shake and IIRC controller rumble when you run.

Not saying this should change your mind but I like a fact based reality.

[quote name='Schade']Fixed that for you. There is running. I played the demo on the PS3 and pushing down L3 will allow you to run. In fact they do an interesting screen shake and IIRC controller rumble when you run.

Not saying this should change your mind but I like a fact based reality.[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected, thank you. I'll have to go back and try it again.

[quote name='VipFREAK']You guys know space marines has been around far longer than GoW right....?[/QUOTE]

Space Marines have been, but Games Workshop didn't invent the gameplay.

Using the CHEAPASS15 code at Direct2Drive brings the price down to $38.21 for the PC version, for those interested. And the game uses Steamworks for DRM so it should activate on Steam.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']I can't decide which bonus I want. I hate this shit.[/QUOTE]

It's virtually inevitable that all the pre-order MP skins, at least, will come out as paid DLC before too long. The pre-order weapons all appear to be reskins (i.e., even the Power Sword is just a reskin of the chainsword), so they don't really offer anything special. If you're doing PC, then D2D with a 15% coupon is the best bet (and you still get the free copy of Darksiders which activates on Steam).

[quote name='Dixie Flatline']It's virtually inevitable that all the pre-order MP skins, at least, will come out as paid DLC before too long. The pre-order weapons all appear to be reskins (i.e., even the Power Sword is just a reskin of the chainsword), so they don't really offer anything special. If you're doing PC, then D2D with a 15% coupon is the best bet (and you still get the free copy of Darksiders which activates on Steam).[/QUOTE]

Thanks, dude! I didn't know they would be DLC! This info makes it a lot easier to decide. Word up!

Keep in mind also that the pre-order skins are complete sets with no customization options. The included pieces can be re-colored and mixed and matched.

Based on the demo, this game looks li ke Gears but plays like Dynasty Warriors. You can do some shooting, but inevitably, you will be over run by a horde of goblins or ork and have to pull out your melee weapon. It is very challenging until you master the dodge roll. It can be a lot of fun, but I think people need to understand it is not a standard 3rd person shooter.

Personally, I think the Toys R US $15 gift card is better than the pre-order skins or re-skinned weapons, but that is just me.

[quote name='Stryffe2004']Keep in mind also that the pre-order skins are complete sets with no customization options. The included pieces can be re-colored and mixed and matched.

Based on the demo, this game looks li ke Gears but plays like Dynasty Warriors. You can do some shooting, but inevitably, you will be over run by a horde of goblins or ork and have to pull out your melee weapon. It is very challenging until you master the dodge roll. It can be a lot of fun, but I think people need to understand it is not a standard 3rd person shooter.

Personally, I think the Toys R US $15 gift card is better than the pre-order skins or re-skinned weapons, but that is just me.[/QUOTE]

Try playing it on hard. Running into a horde can sometimes mean death. Often, alternating between ranged and close combat is best....using ranged when you're a bit lower on health or as they close in, get as many as possible.

bread's done
Back