Amazon Gold Box 5/30/2011 Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock, Tony Hawk: Shred, DJ Hero 2

kodave

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
Amazon Gold Box

For 5/30/2011 (product links for reference, actual "deals" on any of the games or bundles, if any, will be on the Gold Box page):

6 AM PDT - "Embark on an epic rock journey" - Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock, UPDATE: Game Only, All Platforms, $19.99 - 15% Claimed
(In past Gold Boxes/Deals of the Day: Game only offered for $29.99 on January 11th; Guitar bundle offered for $49.99 on May 11th)

8 AM PDT - "Reload your board and shred the streets" - Tony Hawk: Shred - UPDATE: Game Only, All Platforms, $9.99 - 10% Claimed
(In past Gold Boxes/Deals of the Day: Game only offered for $24.99 on January 25th)

9 AM PDT - "More tracks for your living room scratch party" - DJ Hero 2, UPDATE: Game Only, Xbox 360 and PS3 only, $19.99 - 8% Claimed

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it seems to be only the Wii version so I can see why no one would care.

Although I've noticed a lot of the more recent Guitar Heros have been better on Wii.

[quote name='CBas92']Well it seems to be only the Wii version so I can see why no one would care.

Although I've noticed a lot of the more recent Guitar Heros have been better on Wii.[/QUOTE]
It's not just the Wii version.

Go to select options on the deal and pick which console you want.

[quote name='CBas92']Well it seems to be only the Wii version so I can see why no one would care.

Although I've noticed a lot of the more recent Guitar Heros have been better on Wii.[/QUOTE]

It's 360 and PS3, too. Although my "how the mighty have fallen" comment also applies to the Wii-bashing comment.

The game is actually fun and the setlist really good and huge. $20 is a decent price, you will be surprised by it if you like music games.

Lame, Tony Hawk Shred only the game for $9.99. I bought this as a bundle from ToysRUs for $19.99 about a month ago.

OP updated. Final deal is DJ Hero 2 for 360 and PS3 for $19.99, so this is basically a bust since you can find the turntable bundle for $5-10 more pretty easily.

Did Amazon just stop caring? DJ Hero 2 stand alone software for 19.99 ???
I just bought the turntable and the game for 20 at Gamestop last month.

Yeah, I was hoping for $10 and even then I was thinking about whether I would actually play it anyway. Oh well, ten bucks saved for something else.

So basically they're posting these "deals" up for games that most people don't want and have been on clearance at many other places already... So basically these are Amazon clearance deals being passed off as Memorial Day deals, lame!

[quote name='JKSonic']So basically they're posting these "deals" up for games that most people don't want and have been on clearance at many other places already... So basically these are Amazon clearance deals being passed off as Memorial Day deals, lame![/QUOTE]

It's that simple. They're trying to off-load all the stand-alone games that are usually included in bundles because the bundles have been clearanced/heavily discounted lately. This obviously takes away incentive to buy the game by itself and leads to the excess inventory of the stand-alone game.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back