Rockstar Pass includes ALL LA Noire DLC - only 800 MS points for limited time

jsvalmont

CAGiversary!
The "Rockstar Pass" was released today on Xbox Live Marketplace and includes all the pre-order DLC exclusives like the cases "A Slip of the Tongue" (Walmart) and "The Naked City," (Gamestop) the suits "The Broderick" (Amazon) and "The Sharpshooter" (Best Buy) as well as the "Badge Pursuit Challenge" (Gamestop) from which you can unlock "The Button Man" suit. Also when the upcoming cases ("Nicholson Electroplating Disaster" and "Reefer Madness") come out they will be free to download for Rockstar Pass owners. It's 800 MS points ($10) until June 14 when it will increase to 960 points ($12). Cases (320 points or $4) and suits (80 points or $1) are also available to purchase separately. The PSN will have the same deal when it comes back online.

The "Chicago Piano Gun" is also available to download for FREE for everyone without having to buy the pass.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/117/1171540p1.html

Does anyone else really feel kind of bad for people who bought those pre-order DLC cases for like $35 each and the suits for around $15 each? Anyone going to buy this? I know I am.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should note it's available through PSN for PlayStation users for $10 and will go up to $12 on June 14 (assuming the PSN Store comes online soon...)

So I hear the game is breaking consoles. Haven't bought it yet myself, so I'm going to wait for a patch or someone to clear that up. However, I will definitely pick up the pass since I know I will eventually play this game.

[quote name='imacgod']You should note it's available through PSN for PlayStation users for $10 and will go up to $12 on June 14 (assuming the PSN Store comes online soon...)

So I hear the game is breaking consoles. Haven't bought it yet myself, so I'm going to wait for a patch or someone to clear that up. However, I will definitely pick up the pass since I know I will eventually play this game.[/QUOTE]

360 or PS3? My PS3 copy has run without problems.

The 360 version is hardly inferior. If you look at the comparisons they are actually identical. The only difference is the 360 version has 3 discs.

This is what Rockstar said about the console overheat issue:
“We have received some reports of PS3s overheating while playing L.A. Noire or beeping three times before shutting down/turning themselves off, mostly on older 60GB and 80GB fat models,” said the company. “Primary reports seem to be that updating to firmware 3.61 will cause PlayStations to overheat. There have been various reports of this on a few different games now, all reporting their PS3s turning off or “Red Lighting” after having installed 3.61.”

[quote name='Heavyd814life']Probably the inferior 360 version lol.[/QUOTE]
Nope, it's causing problems there too but what it's really doing is killing off all the fat PS3's.

Sony's really taking a hit lately

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Will this also include all the future dlc's?[/QUOTE]R* claims there will be no DLC after Reefer Madness in July. The R* Pass covers all the DLC announced today.

[quote name='jsvalmont']The 360 version is hardly inferior. If you look at the comparisons they are actually identical. The only difference is the 360 version has 3 discs.

This is what Rockstar said about the console overheat issue:
“We have received some reports of PS3s overheating while playing L.A. Noire or beeping three times before shutting down/turning themselves off, mostly on older 60GB and 80GB fat models,” said the company. “Primary reports seem to be that updating to firmware 3.61 will cause PlayStations to overheat. There have been various reports of this on a few different games now, all reporting their PS3s turning off or “Red Lighting” after having installed 3.61.”[/QUOTE]
Did you intentionally forget to post their comment on the 360 version as well? Funny how that works.

Here it is for those that care:
"With the launch of L.A. Noire a very small number of Xbox 360 console owners have reported issues with the game freezing or locking up while playing. We posted some troubleshooting tips on our support site for these very few people, a common practice for any game publisher. "

So, is the Consular's Car case staying exclusive?

No I didn't even know about the comment about the 360. Regarding the "Consul's Car" case, I assume that will stay exclusive to PS3 owners.

[quote name='nixmahn']360 or PS3? My PS3 copy has run without problems.[/QUOTE]

Guess it was just PS3: http://kotaku.com/5803654/rockstar-...on-firmware-for-rare-la-noire-ps3-overheating

Although there were initial reports of Xbox freezing, but it seems to be fixed by just installing the game to the hard drive (based on reading the comments): http://kotaku.com/5803932/rockstar-...locking-up-xbox-360s-are-categorically-untrue

And I thought there were initial reports of audio syncing issues or frame rate drops in the Xbox version, but maybe it was just something with the intro (also based on the comments I quickly skimmed in the Kotaku article).

Anyways, I would prefer the PS3 version myself just because of disc swapping, assuming I run into no overheating issues ;)

There is a graphical comparison out there for those of you fanboys that care enough about it. All I got out of it like other comparisons is that one version does some things better than the others and vice versa. That might have been where I read the PS3 frame rates being more consistent though, so maybe there's enough of a difference between the two ;)

[quote name='nixmahn']360 or PS3? My PS3 copy has run without problems.[/QUOTE]

broke my ps3 on saturday.
80gb fat (ps2 bc) two years past warranty. great game though. wondering if i get sony to fix it, will the game just kill it again or is it the result of crappy/old/overused disc drive...

I have gotten up to the 8th case without a single freeze or issue on my 120 Gig PS3.

Must just be an issue with Phat PS3's, and older 360's

I wouldnt be surprised though, Red Dead Redemption pretty much killed off my first PS3. And i think GTA4 contributed to the Disc Read Error my 2nd 360 got

I found the piano gun download on xboxlive.com.

It does suck for the people that were paying $20+ for that code......and now it's free to all :)

[quote name='krashhole']I found the piano gun download on xboxlive.com.

It does suck for the people that were paying $20+ for that code......and now it's free to all :)[/QUOTE]

Those people deserve it. Overpaying for DLC the first couple of weeks after launch is ridiculous. It happened here, it happened with Mortal Kombat and it will keep happening because people are crazy stupid some times.

I have no sympathy for people who overspend on DLC when history shows that it all comes out anyway...and I don't think they care, they just want to collect it all regardless of cost.

Anyway, interesting that no more new cases are planned after July...maybe a complete edition will be available sooner than I thought.

[quote name='stoned99']This is an interesting gamble, 10$ get you all future DLC, but we don't know what that DLC may be...[/QUOTE]

RTFFP

Read the ''''' first page.

Everything available now plus the 2 extra cases on June 21 and July 12.

[quote name='stoned99']This is an interesting gamble, 10$ get you all future DLC, but we don't know what that DLC may be...[/QUOTE]
Yes we do

They already confirmed all the DLC the game will ever have

What? No L.A. Noire Nightmare? Where is my zombie Phelps? I want to dine on the corpses instead of investigating. Get on the ball Rockstar.

Hmmm, that's interesting. So it's 2 cases and 2 suits that are "worth" $10 in individual DLC, plus the exclusive badge challenge and then two more upcoming cases and another suit. An additional $5 of content and whatever the badge challenge is valued at if even available separately.

I may have to jump on this even though I got the game from Gamestop. It would be about the same for the additionals (even if I don't really need the suits) and I can trade or give away the DLC I have. Interesting move Rockstar.

Man I don't even own the game, don't plan to buy it for almost a year when it drops to 10 bucks and I'm considering getting the DLC now for it.....

I'm excited about this. I picked up the Rockstar Pass this morning, along with the free gun. I didn't think the pre-order cases would be so cheap when they got released, and then add some pre-order suits, the badge challenge, and 2 more additional cases in the future, and this is a no brainer bargain buy for me. I am loving the game and can't wait to check out the new content.

[quote name='Denbo32']Man I don't even own the game, don't plan to buy it for almost a year when it drops to 10 bucks and I'm considering getting the DLC now for it.....[/QUOTE]

Might as well wait for the inevitable GotY edition which will probably have all this announced DLC and I'm sure more to come. GTA4 already has one and I've seen rumors of a RDR one coming.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Wait, I'm suddenly confused. It says buying it between May 17th and May 31st (today!?) gets the discount - was this even available until now?[/QUOTE]

The link clearly states June 14th.

Thanks. I dont have the game but Ill pass it on to my best friend, she has been wanting the extra stuff.

[quote name='Sway']Might as well wait for the inevitable GotY edition which will probably have all this announced DLC and I'm sure more to come. GTA4 already has one and I've seen rumors of a RDR one coming.[/QUOTE]

Whatever DLC is contained in the L.A. Noire Rockstar Pass is all that's planned for the game thus far.

Based on the news releases from Rockstar, I am not convinced that the Pass actually INCLUDES any DLC ... only allowing you the privilege of purchasing additional LA Noire DLC.

The news reports give me the impression that the Pass gives you access to download some existing free DLC, but mostly gives you access to PURCHASE DLC ... sounding like you may NOT be able to even purchase DLC without the PASS.

I hope I'm wrong about this, but nowhere have I read that the Pass is going to include ALL LA Noire DLC (either existing or upcoming) for free.

[quote name='flix1']Based on the news releases from Rockstar, I am not convinced that the Pass actually INCLUDES any DLC ... only allowing you the privilege of purchasing additional LA Noire DLC.

The news reports give me the impression that the Pass gives you access to download some existing free DLC, but mostly gives you access to PURCHASE DLC ... sounding like you may NOT be able to even purchase DLC without the PASS.

I hope I'm wrong about this, but nowhere have I read that the Pass is going to include ALL LA Noire DLC (either existing or upcoming) for free.[/QUOTE]

It's out, no worrying or speculation is necessary. People have purchased the pass and downloaded the content, me included. You get it all. All of the DLC becomes marked "Available - Owned" and everything that's been released can be downloaded at no extra cost.

[quote name='hellbringer333']The link clearly states June 14th.[/QUOTE]

Bully for the link, but my dashboard says otherwise, so I'm just wondering.

[quote name='flix1']Based on the news releases from Rockstar, I am not convinced that the Pass actually INCLUDES any DLC ... only allowing you the privilege of purchasing additional LA Noire DLC.

I hope I'm wrong about this, but nowhere have I read that the Pass is going to include ALL LA Noire DLC (either existing or upcoming) for free.[/QUOTE]

I was kinda confused on this also. I saw it when i signed into Live, but from what i was reading it was a pass for "discounted" content, so i was under the impression you'd still have to pay something for the DLC. I could be mistaken though.

[quote name='louiedog']It's out, no worrying or speculation is necessary. People have purchased the pass and downloaded the content, me included. You get it all. All of the DLC becomes marked "Available - Owned" and everything that's been released can be downloaded at no extra cost.[/QUOTE]
Thank you for the confirmation.

You could have just written R* sucks or something. It would have been just as an effective trolling device instead of writing out this conspiracy theory.

[quote name='louiedog']It's out, no worrying or speculation is necessary. People have purchased the pass and downloaded the content, me included. You get it all. All of the DLC becomes marked "Available - Owned" and everything that's been released can be downloaded at no extra cost.[/QUOTE]

Same, I bought it and all of the dlc in the 360 marketplace of the L.A. Noire game shows up as purchased. I really wish people would read. Who would honestly think you would pay 800 points just for a chance to buy some dlc? Does that make any sense...no

[quote name='hoofrog']What? No L.A. Noire Nightmare? Where is my zombie Phelps? I want to dine on the corpses instead of investigating. Get on the ball Rockstar.[/QUOTE]

How about those chase sequences? They always run. "No! Stay back!"

Frankly, this would fit so well.

[quote name='Roadrunner']I was kinda confused on this also. I saw it when i signed into Live, but from what i was reading it was a pass for "discounted" content, so i was under the impression you'd still have to pay something for the DLC. I could be mistaken though.[/QUOTE]

Just to reiterate:

You're both wrong.

You buy the pass, you get all of the DLC. End of story.

Thanks for this clarification.

[quote name='Phokis']How about those chase sequences? They always run. "No! Stay back!"

Frankly, this would fit so well.[/QUOTE]

I love the street crimes
where you chase a suspect around a corner, they stop just so Phelps can run around the corner and get clotheslined and hear a scream. I've noticed this in more than a few instances.

This is my second preferred way for companies to handle DLC.

First would be if all DLC were included with a new, retail game purchase. One-time code gives access to all DLC. If you pick it up used, gotta buy the DLC code.

But this isn't such a terrible thing, so long as the "value" of buying an all-access code exceeds picking up all the stray parts individually.

Wouldn't pain me too much if ME3 did the same thing. Might even encourage a few people to not wait for the GOTY edition.

[quote name='Roadrunner']I was kinda confused on this also. I saw it when i signed into Live, but from what i was reading it was a pass for "discounted" content, so i was under the impression you'd still have to pay something for the DLC. I could be mistaken though.[/QUOTE]

I saw the same ad for the pass, and apparently, they just worded it poorly. What they meant is that buying the pass for $10 gets you the DLC for a discount - $10 for everything as opposed to $20 if you bought everything separately.

In other words, people that pre-ordered it got screwed?

If you pre-order, you get one DLC bonus, but you will have to get the pass to get the other DLC bonus

If you wait for a 10 dollar price drop and you get the Rockstar pass, you get all the pre-order DLC

These DLC cases are pretty sizable, The Naked City was actually one of my favorite cases in the game and probably took close to 2 hours to complete. I think a lot of this was content cut from the game when they had to get to the 1 BD limit. Hopefully it fleshes out the story some more. I am surprised there isn't more DLC though; it was rumored that two whole desks were removed from the game to cut down on the disc size.

bread's done
Back