The Official CAG June 2011 Pick-Ups Thread "June Bugs Are In The Air" Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)

Here we see the mating pattern of two beetles.
Breath taking...

Show us what you got this month!

------------------------------------------

Thanks adriley for picking up the tab on last month's thread.

Back to work.

January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
May 2011

Japanese PS3 Metal Gear Solid 4 Limited Edition 40GB - $220

Bluray movies for $5 and $10 after trading some DVDs at Bestbuy.

Yotsuba&! Vol.7 and 8
Japanese Pink PSP 1000 CFW with 4gb MS - $90

Flingsmah with Wii mote plus -$19.99
Black Lagoon Season 2 -$24.99
Xbox Live 1600 Points.

Didn't exactly get these this month, but I did get them on Sunday at the flea market.

2u60k5k.jpg
5z06mt.jpg

Zone of the Enders was $5 and came with everything, including the MGS2 demo all mint. I got 8 Trigun manga volumes (missing volumes 3 and 5 to complete it) and 1 volume of One Piece (volume 9 to be exact) for $3 total.

Not pictured, but I got Dragon Quest IV (DS) for $20, while picking up Venture Bros. and The Boondocks Season 1 DVDs from Best Buy's online midnight sale for $24.

Well got at the end of May

BBV

B1G1 Total: $16 Fallout:$15 and Kirby: $10
xbox 360 Fallout NV and DS Kirby Superstars (not sure about Kirby since I only play kirby on gameboy. Is this a good game?)

.99 DVD and Blu Ray
Terminator S.
Terminator season 1 Disc1 and 3 (need disc 2)
Resident evil A.
Brooklyn finest
Law bidding
Saints 2
legion
Star Trek
Observe and report dvd
Leap year dvd
Time traveler wife dvd
Gamer dvd

Did everyone notice that Time Traveler wife and Terminator says Rental on the disc?

SAM_0658.jpg

Picked all theses up for $30. The cases had various damage but the games were in great shape.

SAM_0660.jpg

Didnt plan on buying this but the price was right!

[quote name='Tsel']How much was the Samus figure?[/QUOTE]

$140 buy-it-now. Cheapest Ive seen it. Now I need the Zero Suit figure.

dscn2529t.jpg

Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Splinter Cell: Double Agent, and LOST: Via Domus were all found at Goodwill for $3.99 each.

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 was $34.98 at Target.

Demon's Souls was $17.99 at GameStop and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, as well as DJ Hero 2, was $24.99 at Gamestop.

That figure is that expensive!?!?!?!?!?! WOW! I have that actually, just not sealed. Are those still worth a lot? lol

If it's $140 sounds like they're still worth a hell of a lot - sealed - anyway.

Another one of those samus figures sold for $200 may 24th.

fuckin' hell. I'm not attached to thing at all. I oughta dig out her non-helmet head and toss it on there to see if I get any bites!

[quote name='Potatoeman']FLCL blue ray huh? Any good extras on it? Anime blu rays tend to have *interesting* extras[/QUOTE]
From what I hear, you're better off with the DVD version. No real extras to be found (typical for a FUNimation release) and the quality is just upscaled from the DVD, rather than a genuine HD upgrade.

[quote name='Tsukento']From what I hear, you're better off with the DVD version. No real extras to be found (typical for a FUNimation release) and the quality is just upscaled from the DVD, rather than a genuine HD upgrade.[/QUOTE]

Unless it was actually damaging to the picture quality (as in the case of Samurai Champloo) the blu-ray releases are still better just for the sake of an HD audio track and being in full screen (imo at least). Plus, with the way these amazon sales work, the blu-rays are often less than the DVDs for some weird reason.

[quote name='Zaku77']Unless it was actually damaging to the picture quality (as in the case of Samurai Champloo) the blu-ray releases are still better just for the sake of an HD audio track and being in full screen (imo at least). Plus, with the way these amazon sales work, the blu-rays are often less than the DVDs for some weird reason.[/QUOTE]

I will say I watched it in "HD" on netflix streaming. The image is pretty gross. It's unfortunate too, as I was planning on picking up the blu, but after seeing it upscaled and washed out like that, i'll pass.

[quote name='Nico0020']I will say I watched it in "HD" on netflix streaming. The image is pretty gross. It's unfortunate too, as I was planning on picking up the blu, but after seeing it upscaled and washed out like that, i'll pass.[/QUOTE]

I was just going to order it on blu the other day, I'm glad I stalled. I guess I'll just go with DVD.

Don't judge by Netflix. I watched Claymore in HD on there, and my blu-ray set of it looks much better. The sound is also better (obviously)

007-1.jpg

Rock Band Unplugged - $8
Jeanne d'Arc - $8
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Portable - $8
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Tagforce 5 - $5
God of War: Ghost of Sparta - $5
Band Hero - $5
Borderlands - $5
Nier - $5
Rock Band 3 - $5
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift - $17
Dante's Inferno - $5

11 brand new games for $76. Not bad, if I say so myself.

[quote name='Zaku77']Unless it was actually damaging to the picture quality (as in the case of Samurai Champloo) the blu-ray releases are still better just for the sake of an HD audio track and being in full screen (imo at least). Plus, with the way these amazon sales work, the blu-rays are often less than the DVDs for some weird reason.[/QUOTE]
By full screen, do you mean as in 4:3 or just filling up the whole screen? Because shows like FLCL weren't made in 16:9 and aren't formatted as such. FUNi especially learned their lesson after the massive backlash they got for cropping Dragon Ball Z on DVD and passing their shitty remasters off as "gained footage."

Picked these two volumes at Ross for $3.88 each:
30ky54x.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean filling the whole screen. To my knowledge none of funi's blu ray releases have the cropping issues of DBZ regardless of their native aspect ratio.

[quote name='Zaku77']I mean filling the whole screen. To my knowledge none of funi's blu ray releases have the cropping issues of DBZ regardless of their native aspect ratio.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, mainly because they leave them in their native aspect ratios. So it'll fill the screen if it happens to be widescreen series. DBZ had the issues because they took a series that's normally in 4:3, cropped it into 16:9 and tried to claim you were getting more footage, when the loss of footage was greater than gain.

I picked up all 4 X-Men movies on Blu-Ray at Best Buy on Friday for $8 a piece. Each one included a free movie ticket for First Class, so I can take my wife with me and give the other two to some other people who'd want it.

I do have three boxes from various lowballs sitting at the house, as they just got dropped off this morning, so I'll be reporting on that tonight. I'll try with pictures too!

If they are what I think they are, I've got the following sitting in wait for me.

:360:
BIOSHOCK 1 Limited Edition with 2 Big Daddy Figurines (1 in box, 1 out of box w/drill glued back on)
BIOSHOCK 2 Collector's Edition
Bullet Storm Epic Edition
Brutal Legend
Dead Space
Dead Space 2 Collector's Edition
Fallout 3 Collector's Edition
Guitar Hero II
Ghostbusters
L.A. Noire(sealed)
Left 4 Dead
Lego Batman
Lego Indiana Jones
Lego Indiana Jones II
Lego Star Wars Complete Saga
Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2 Collector's Edition w/Codes
The Orange Box
Overlord
Overlord II with Imp figurine
Perfect Dark Zero Collectors Edition
Pocket Bike Racer
Rainbow 6 Vegas
Red Faction Guerrilla
Rock Band 2
Sega Superstar's Tennis
Sneak King
Star Wars the Force Unleashed
Stranglehold
Too Human
Two Worlds
Virtua Fighter 5 Online
Viking with Art Book

Dreamcast
South Park Chef's Luv Shack

NES
Superman

:360: Guides
Bioshock 2
Bullet Storm
Fallout 3
Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2 Collector's Edition Guide
The Orange Box
Too Human
Viking
Virtua Fighter

Just got Lunar Silver Star Harmony PE at GameStop for $30 new.
Coundnt say no as the price is $50 new on Amazon.

Also put $10 on my Catherine Deluxe Edition pre-order and $5 on Assassins creed revaltions for the free poster
so sweet

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't done this in quite a while. Don't have any pics, but it's just a few things.

Epic Mickey - $18.99
Wii Charging Station - $6.88
Epic Mickey Paintbrush Nunchuck - $9.00
Motorola H350 Bluetooth Headset - $2.00

Used an Amazon GC to buy Epic Mickey and the Wii Charging Station. Got the nunchuck and headset from a recent lowball.

DJ Hero Bundle - $13
mail

Castlevania LoS T-Shirt - Free
Demon Souls - Free
Metroid Prime 3 Art Folio - Free
MvC3 Decals - Free
PSP Stuff - $1
360 VGA Cable - $1
iPhone 4 Bumber -$1
mail

SSiV Guide - $1
(S) Legend Of Zelda Spirit Tracks Collectors Edition Guide-$2
5810451120_58d0ecbc91_z.jpg

Bulletstorm Epic Edition - $17
Dragon Age 2 - $20
Bloodstone -$15
Alpha Protocol -$8
5810451090_792f5dcac7_z.jpg

Last but not least;

GoW2 Limited Edition -$13
(S) Hyperdimension Neptunia Premium Edition -$60
5810451050_ac7bb3fcb2_z.jpg

Still have a lot more that's not here yet.

1 for me (backup for my launch 60GB), 1 for Father's Day, and 2 for birthday presents. All from the Target $160 GCs deal.

5787061035_8b843639d0_m.jpg

I am so done for May/June 2011.

I hope.

[quote name='parKer']1 for me (backup for my launch 60GB), 1 for Father's Day, and 2 for birthday presents. All from the Target $160 GCs deal.

5787061035_8b843639d0_m.jpg

I am so done for May/June 2011.

I hope.
[/QUOTE]

o;ihilubhiuh let me buy one off of you.
I wasn't able to grab one of these while they still were allowing coupons.

20k6osx.jpg

also inFamous and Super Stardust HD for the PS3, and Killzone: Liberation and Pursuit Force for the PSP via the Welcome Back program.

Got some good additions.

Yesterday in the mail I got the following:
Alone in the Dark :360:
Spider-Man Return of the Sinister Six NES
Dick Tracy NES

And today at my flea market I picked up:
Aladdin Genesis

At Target I bought:
True Grit :br:

And then finally today at Gamestop I got:
Borderlands GOTY Edition
A baby blue DS Lite for my wife's cousin as a graduation present
And a 4GB Xbox 360 S for my bedroom. It's part of an experiment where I'm going to try to swap the hard drive from my living room 360 to my bedroom so I can use the account for Netflix, Hulu and gaming. Anyone have any experience with that?

106_0042.png

Lowball winnings/pick-ups from various CAGs. I'm really making progress on the GBA collection :drool: Need MORE though!

106_0043.png

Blus from various sources, Gettysburg dvd was a gift from a friend who upgraded to the blu :p Phoenix Wright manga surprised me by showing up at my door today, as I'd preordered it back in February and forgot that I ever did. It's going to be sad to read it now that Capcom has pretty much told the fanbase to go die.

106_0048.png

Gabranth Play Arts, Terra potion, and Emolga plush!

^What's the difference between the Phoenix Wright Manga you have and the ones released previously? I have PW Volume 1 and 2 that I got from Borders Bookstore before they closed, just curious about this newer one.

I'd so get that newer one and the artbook if I had the money right now.

that plush looks pretty sweet
a few from Best Buy after i saw Super 8

:psp:BlazBlue Calamity Trigger- $8 New
:br:Back to the Future Trilogy Box Set- $15
:br:Aliens Trilogy Box Set- $50

Great deals

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']^What's the difference between the Phoenix Wright Manga you have and the ones released previously? I have PW Volume 1 and 2 that I got from Borders Bookstore before they closed, just curious about this newer one.

I'd so get that newer one and the artbook if I had the money right now.[/QUOTE]

The previous two were compilations of short stories from different manga artists. This series has a single, structured plot and is all done by a single artist, as far as I know. It's more like an actual PW game in book form.

[quote name='fwbweux']The previous two were compilations of short stories from different manga artists. This series has a single, structured plot and is all done by a single artist, as far as I know. It's more like an actual PW game in book form.[/QUOTE]

That's awesome. I might have to check those out, just finished all of the Ace Attorney released in the U.S. so far. Hopefully my local bookstores, seems like it is just Barnes & Noble now, will carry it.

It's been awhile but here's the stuff i got at E3.
1308014469.jpg

Deathsmiles LE
An Exercise game for the wii
Blaz Blue 3DS
Red Faction shirt
6 3DS pins (Luigi Mansion 2, Kid Icraus, Mario Kart, Super Mario, Star Fox and Zelda OOT)
Sonic Plush Hat
Glee Foam Finger
Cooking Mama glove
Aperture shirt
Uncharted 3 shirt
Minecraft shirt
Galaga lanyard
Record of Agarest War Xbox

1308015379.jpg

Mindcraft Head

Status
Not open for further replies.