Hunted: The Demon's Forge-$44.99(360/PS3),$37.49(PC,DVD)@ TRU.com w/ FREE SHIPPING

The $44.99 price that was available for the pre-orders is STILL showing on TRU.com for the now released game and is actually available for $37.49 for the PC(DVD) version. ALL versions have FREE SHIPPING as well and both PS3/360 versions can be ordered for in-store pickup.

PS3

PC(DVD)

Has anyone had any luck with the in-store pickup? It's saying no stores even remotely near me even carry it, which seems crazy. Last I remember their in-store pickup feature was a work-in-progress, so maybe it's still not working?

[quote name='beard_of_zeus']Has anyone had any luck with the in-store pickup? It's saying no stores even remotely near me even carry it, which seems crazy. Last I remember their in-store pickup feature was a work-in-progress, so maybe it's still not working?[/QUOTE]

Same here, no luck on in store pickup on any video game I search for, even for ones I know they have a ton in stock for.

I really want this but I just spent my game money for the week on an Atari 2600 and another Space Quest game.

[quote name='beard_of_zeus']Has anyone had any luck with the in-store pickup? It's saying no stores even remotely near me even carry it, which seems crazy. Last I remember their in-store pickup feature was a work-in-progress, so maybe it's still not working?[/QUOTE]

a couple stores near me had it (though a couple others didn't), so picked mine up yesterday. process was pretty smooth, despite a clerk who made me wait while she attended to others (who supposedly had ongoing issues). someone even offered to help but she said she was on top of it and made me wait longer.

Nope, not going for it. Not after they cancelled my $19.99 preorder and lied about the reason. No matter how many posts there are on the subject.

I preordered and they still haven't shipped; tracking says "located in stock."

Supposed to get to me sometime next week. I guess I've learned my lesson!

[quote name='morrodox']Nope, not going for it. Not after they cancelled my $19.99 preorder and lied about the reason. No matter how many posts there are on the subject.[/QUOTE]
It was a pricing error. Stores normally don't have to honor them, but some do. In this case, they felt they would hemmorhage too much money by allowing the pre-orders to go through. Besides which, some people were ordering MULTIPLES of the $20 glitched price, so blame your fellow CAG's and the people over at SlickDeals who most likely did so for screwing it up a bit too.

I mean, sure, they could've done a GoHastings with the LA Noire price glitch and honor the pre-orders, but not when people got greedy and grabbed two, three and four or more.
[quote name='DavidJD']I preordered and they still haven't shipped; tracking says "located in stock."

Supposed to get to me sometime next week. I guess I've learned my lesson![/QUOTE]
I think most places fill orders in the order received, so if you ordered closer to the release date then you have to wait until those who ordered before you get their orders filled. It also takes some companies 3-4 days to 'process' orders and in many cases they ship via the postal service, which isn't exactly the model of efficiency and speed, so that's why so many companies give you such a broad delivery date range estimate.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It was a pricing error. Stores normally don't have to honor them, but some do. In this case, they felt they would hemmorhage too much money by allowing the pre-orders to go through. Besides which, some people were ordering MULTIPLES of the $20 glitched price, so blame your fellow CAG's and the people over at SlickDeals who most likely did so for screwing it up a bit too.

I mean, sure, they could've done a GoHastings with the LA Noire price glitch and honor the pre-orders, but not when people got greedy and grabbed two, three and four or more.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly the people that ordered 3+ copies are the ones who got it cancelled. At the same time Toys R Us still bent over to get people some pretty nice price reductions if you just called them. Sure I didn't get it for 19.99 but I was able to talk them down to 28.99 shipped. Some people even got the original 19.99 price. Basically it was their way of honoring the honest people who were not greedy.

Yep they canceled all the price error preorders to weed out the multiple orders and if you called they adjusted it for you no hassle. I actually got my 360 version for $24.99 rather than the $29.99 price error so I'm happy. Also it's 1-2 days processing and around 3 days shipping from release date. I'm getting my copy on Tuesday.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']It was a pricing error. Stores normally don't have to honor them, but some do. In this case, they felt they would hemmorhage too much money by allowing the pre-orders to go through. Besides which, some people were ordering MULTIPLES of the $20 glitched price, so blame your fellow CAG's and the people over at SlickDeals who most likely did so for screwing it up a bit too.[/QUOTE]

I knew it was a pricing error when I placed it. I expected the order to get cancelled. However, they claimed it was because "the item is not in stock". Well DURR, it's a pre-order, of course it isn't. They chose to lie to me about the reason rather than owning up to their mistake. That is why I am annoyed with them and will not buy from them.

[quote name='gotdott']Yep they canceled all the price error preorders to weed out the multiple orders and if you called they adjusted it for you no hassle. I actually got my 360 version for $24.99 rather than the $29.99 price error so I'm happy. Also it's 1-2 days processing and around 3 days shipping from release date. I'm getting my copy on Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

They didn't do that. The ps3 one was $35 after "adjustment" nearly $15 more than the previous price. They offered $10 off instead of the original.

I imagine the price will drop, fast. Is it worth 45 dollars? Who is to say, honestly, what any game is worth, when you can get the greatest games of all time at a measly 10 or 20 bucks eventually.

Reviews are starting to come out and say roughly the same thing I'm thinking. Looks ok, fun to bash/shoot stuff but has a slow burn at the start, linear levels with a kinda non existent inventory and meh character progression, trite story, somewhat difficult even regular baddies which I think is a positive, and a lot more fun with a partner though the AI is pretty competent actually. Throw in a couple of unfortunate glitches here and there, a highly customizable dungeon creator for a type of hoard mode and an only average length somewhere in the neighborhood of 10-12 hours as a regular playthrough(kind of a NG+ thing too), and you're left with something in the 6-7 range.

I think of the game, itself, as something of a 7, but enjoy playing it with others(and today with a friend finally) because I believe the co-op is done relatively well and the difficulty is there to force you to help each other out.

[quote name='JustinTheGamer']its getting bad user reviews on gamespot.com think i'll wait alittle on this one[/QUOTE]

Honestly I would skip user reviews unless you know the person and have similar taste. I know I have read a lot of reviews by people and they are pretty poor most of the time. Not to mention you get those people who bash just because it's by a specific developer or "it is a clone of (insert their favorite game here)".

I would wait till your favorite site puts up their review.

[quote name='fujimitsu']They didn't do that. The ps3 one was $35 after "adjustment" nearly $15 more than the previous price. They offered $10 off instead of the original.[/QUOTE]

Go back to the old thread. The general offer was $10, but some people received $15 or $20 off. I initially had $15 off but got it bumped to $20 since they messed up replacing my order.

bread's done
Back