UFC Undisputed 3 - Featuring Pride - Coming Q1 2012

CAGLeagueSports

CAGiversary!
ufcundisputed3_prideentrance1_medium.jpg

Just read the first announcement for this game. Seems like they're adding a lot and trying to change the things people had problems with. Some highlights include:

- Pride Fighting Championships matches complete with Bas Rutten and Stephen Quandros announcing for those fights. You'll also see "in their prime" versions of Pride fighters such as Rampage Jackson, Wanderlai Silva, etc.

- Revamped submission system that removes the stick twirling and replaces it with some odd octagon mini-game where each fighter is represented by a red or blue line. If your opponent's line catches your line, you tap. Yeah...whether that's more or less stupid than the old system is completely undetermined.

- New match types. Not sure how these will be implemented online, but apparently there will be new match settings to make stamina more realistic so people can't just go crazy or spam submissions. And also a match setting to remove random elements like flash knockouts. There's even an option to level off fighter stats so everybody competes with an equally skilled fighter.

- Custom fighter intros with walk out clothing AND music that you select.

Full Details Here
http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6316539/ufc-undisputed-3-exclusive-hands-on-preview?tag=topslot;thumb;1

[quote name='dkreegz515']im having flashbacks of Pride FC on ps2. this is going to be awesome.[/QUOTE]

Man that game was so much fun. Me and my friends would play for hours.

Being an MMA fiend this is great news. I was telling my brother a while back i was suprised at the lack of DLC for Undisputed 2010 and was thinking a Pride arena would be great for it. Glad to see there doing it on this one.

[quote name='dkreegz515']im having flashbacks of Pride FC on ps2. this is going to be awesome.[/QUOTE]
I loved that game.

I have EA MMA which I like way better than Undisputed 2010. I'm a huge fan of Pride so this may make me buy just depends how they handle the changes in what fighters can do and if they change the punching system.

Never played a UFC game but I have EA MMA and its great. But now I imagine I'll have to jump ship anyway since Zuffa picked up Strikeforce. So I'm looking forward to this game and an updated roster of fighters. I guess maybe I should get a copy of UFC 2010 to get used to the controls. :lol:

[quote name='Maklershed']Never played a UFC game but I have EA MMA and its great. But now I imagine I'll have to jump ship anyway since Zuffa picked up Strikeforce. So I'm looking forward to this game and an updated roster of fighters. I guess maybe I should get a copy of UFC 2010 to get used to the controls. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Playing UFC 2010 should give you a starting point for how the game plays and will introduce you to the controls (it's very different from EA MMA). It will be interesting to see how much changes though considering submissions will be COMPLETELY different and the grappling is changing as well.

Another thing I'm curious about is what (if any) Strikeforce fighters will be allowed to be in the game. I know Dana White made big talk of the Showtime/EA contracts, but with the way the Nick Diaz thing was handled, you have to wonder what loopholes exist. And having those big name fighters in the game would probably help sales. I'm hoping Dana and the UFC attorneys can work some magic in this area.

bread's done
Back