Metal Gear and Zone of the Enders Collections in HD... on PS3... AND THE 360!

Trakan

Staff member
Feedback
122 (100%)
Konami announced today that two of its most popular franchises, Metal Gear Solid and Zone of the Enders, will be getting HD compilation re-releases on the PlayStation 3 and, for the first time, will also see action on the Xbox 360. The Metal Gear pack, due in November, will include Metal Gear Solid 2, Metal Gear Solid 3 and Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. These games will now feature HD graphics, new art, remastered audio and achievements.
The Zone of the Enders collection, meanwhile, includes Zone of the Enders and Zone of the Enders 2 (and will boast the same improved/added features as the MGS pack). It'll be out in 2012.
Both packs will also boast a similar feature to the recently-unveiled PSP Remaster series, which Konami is calling "Transfarring". This will allow users to, when playing a game like Peace Walker that will be available on both handheld and console, transfer their saves between the two.
The company also unveiled plans for a Silent Hill HD collection. More on that to come.
http://kotaku.com/5808055/metal-gear-zone-of-the-enders-return-with-hd-collections

nice

edit: It will be interesting to see what kind of extras are included in MGS3D to make a compelling purchase

edit 2: I can't help but feel Kojima is slowly morphing into the George Lucas of the video games industry.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KingBroly']Silent Hill as well. And where's the PS3 in the title?[/QUOTE]

That's a given, but I edited the title. The craziest part of this is Peace Walker on the 360.

Thanks OP - what you're really telling me is that it's now likely my wife will want to divorce me. :argue:

Great, just great. (Kidding...I hope)

Id rather kojima released snatcher and policenauts in a single package. No updated HD graphics or any of that shit, just move support for the shooting portions and thats it.

I don't know why this announcement is causing everyone to say that Konami wins E3. They're just rereleasing old games (MGS3 is still coming to the 3DS even). Give me something new.

[quote name='Poor2More']These collections are good and all but where is Konami best series...... Suikoden Collection?[/QUOTE]

If they released all 5 Suikodens in a PS3 collection with trophies, I'd take back what I said.
Although, I'd be a million times happier with a Suikoden 6 for PS3

Interesting that they are multiplatform when all (except MGS2 Substance and Silent Hill 2) were Playstation exclusives. I assume legal troubles with the Nintendo/Silicon Knights developed Twin Snakes kept that out, and that the PS1 version of MGS1 is just too old and wouldn't fit with an "HD" collection.

Personally I like that because it allows more people to play them. I wonder if Ubisoft will follow suit and bring the PoP Trilogy to 360?

I don't understand why this is so exciting to everyone unless you only own a 360. These aren't new games, just re-releases of more old games that is becoming an increasing trend in the industry.

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']I don't understand why this is so exciting to everyone unless you only own a 360. These aren't new games, just re-releases of more old games that is becoming an increasing trend in the industry.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but they're really good games. I'll gladly pay for them again on one disc, HD, and with trophies.

Japanese Covers.

iczDK.bmp

http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/e3_2011/ (English part of the site isn't up yet)

Definitely going to pick this up. Since my 60gb PS3 died I have no way of playing MGS2/3 on the big screen and I had a blast with Peace Walker last summer on the PSP.. this transfarring should make it so I can pick up right where I left off.. which is the big fight with PW at the end (that's only a spoiler if you're retarded btw)

I recently bought Silent Hill 2 and 3 and Metal Gear Essentials, kinda pissed but happy that I get to play these in hd (never played the Silent Hill games cept 1).

LinkinPrime will be excited that he can play all the way through an MGS now.

I wonder what games tie in with the Zone of the Enders collection for PS3.

I am really excited for this, but they better have ported the updated versions of MGS2 and 3 (specifically 3). And dammit I want MG 1 and 2 stuck in the collection too. They were on subsistence and I need a reason to finally finish MG2 (I have beaten the first one probably 10 times, but never gotten past the swamp in 2).

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I am really excited for this, but they better have ported the updated versions of MGS2 and 3 (specifically 3). And dammit I want MG 1 and 2 stuck in the collection too. They were on subsistence and I need a reason to finally finish MG2 (I have beaten the first one probably 10 times, but never gotten past the swamp in 2).[/QUOTE]

It is the updated version based on the coverart

[quote name='62t']It is the updated version based on the coverart[/QUOTE]

Yeah I wouldn't have brought it up if the versions weren't titled Sons of Liberty and Snake Eater. That is the only thing that has me a little worried.

Also looks like you would be able to transfer your save from PS2 to the PS3 version for MGS2 and 3 and ZOE

The MGS Collection on PS2 had Subsistence, but only the first disc from Subsistence, so they could pull that stunt again.

[quote name='62t']Also looks like you would be able to transfer your save from PS2 to the PS3 version for MGS2 and 3 and ZOE[/QUOTE]
It's only from PSP to PS3.

I'm not all that excited for the MGS Collection... not including MGS in the collection is a huge bust for me.

The ZoE Collection though, I'm fairly excited about since I never got around t beating ZoE and never got past the first mission in ZoE2.

[quote name='62t']Unless I am wrong it is saying PS2 to PS3

http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/e3_2011/jp/transfarring.html[/QUOTE]
He specifically said in the video that the second step (not these announcements) was to bring PS2 games to the PS3 and NGP and allow transferring saves between the NGP and PS3.

Step 1. Bring PSP Games to the PS3. Allow the transfer of saves between the PSP and PS3 versions.
Step 2. Bring PS2 Games to the PS3 and NGP. Allow the transfer of saves between NGP and PS3 versions.
Step 3. Make PS3 and NGP versions of a game. Allow the transfer of saves between the NGP and PS3 versions.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2011-konami/714570

They explain it about 40 minutes in.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I am really excited for this, but they better have ported the updated versions of MGS2 and 3 (specifically 3). And dammit I want MG 1 and 2 stuck in the collection too. They were on subsistence and I need a reason to finally finish MG2 (I have beaten the first one probably 10 times, but never gotten past the swamp in 2).[/QUOTE]

What's the different between the Sub versions of Sons of Liberty?

By the way, It's 3: Subsistence on the disc, and it includes the multiplayer apparently. I don't know about 2 though.

There's no MP in MGS3. It says on the page for the MGS2/3 remakes that they're only single-player.

Edit: It also mentions that the PS3 version of MGS HD Collection gets a code for MGS1.
Edit 2: And a PSP code for Peace Walker.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn that would've been awesome if they bought back the original MGO from MGS3S. Would've been an instant buy for me. If they included Twin Snake I probably would've bought again also, for now I'll pass. I already played all of them and probably won't play them again.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']There's no MP in MGS3. It says on the page for the MGS2/3 remakes that they're only single-player.

Edit: It also mentions that the PS3 version of MGS HD Collection gets a code for MGS1.[/QUOTE]

I thought that was just for Japan since they're going to be split between MGS2/3 and PW.

I don't know why everyone is complaining that MGS1 is not on the disc. The original Playstation game will play in any PS3 already. This is a great deal if you do not have a BC PS3 so that you can play MGS 2 and 3.

[quote name='KingBroly']I thought that was just for Japan since they're going to be split between MGS2/3 and PW.[/QUOTE]
That's what I'm talking about since 62t linked to their pages.

I love mgs but not really excited for this. I already played both zoe so..
that leaves me only really excited for silent hill ! long live true survival horror games !

[quote name='4tygames']I don't know why everyone is complaining that MGS1 is not on the disc. The original Playstation game will play in any PS3 already. This is a great deal if you do not have a BC PS3 so that you can play MGS 2 and 3.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's not like anyone on 360 wants to play the original MGS :roll:

I'm disappointed they didn't do it with The Twin Snakes and MGS2 on one collection, and MGS3 and Peace Walker on the other. That would make a lot more sense, and expose more people to the awesome game that is MGS: The Twin Snakes.

bread's done
Back