(EXPIRED) 7-11 clearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

htown01

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Thanks and credit goes to Abforde over at Slickdeals for posting his find.

HUGE YMMV

"Went to 7-11 and found Black Ops and Halo Reach for the Xbox 360 for $9.99 each.

There was a "Clearance $9.99" sign above all of the Xbox 360 games:
They also had Halo ODST, Beatles Rockband(game only), and some others.
I know this is probably extremely YMMV as I remember 7-11 clearanced the games out some time ago, but the clerk said they have had them in store for awhile and just recently reduced them from $59.99 to $9.99 to get rid of them.

Receipt attached and I hope at least a few people can get the same deal...............even if it is for some older games.
7 Eleven has :360: games on clearance, so far it is only known that :360:CoD:Black Ops and :360:Halo Reach are $9.99."

7 Eleven store locator

Anybody in Austin (Will) willing to pick me up a copy of Blops? Please PM me :D

Those of y'all that would like to post locations already visited do so here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember one of the four 7-11's in my town had video games for sale but I don't remember witch one. I own both games but would still be an awesome find just to flip. Thanks.

i remember when this happened a while ago.
the pickings are slim and i know for a fact my local 7-11's didnt have the games then....
wont stop me from checking again this weekend though.
thanks for the heads up op :)

Somehow, 7-Elevens and video games just don't sound like they'd go hand-in-hand. If anything, I think they'd have a major problem dealing with people stealing their games. But just for shits and giggles, I'll check one out.

No seven eleven's nearby. I'll gladly pay someone 20 bucks shipped for a sealed copy of blops. I await the flood of pm's...

Damn, I'd go pay 10 bucks for BLOPS, if the 7-11 across the street from where I work still sold games.

Course with there being a Gamestop not even a 1/4 block away, it's no wonder their trial period flopped.

They started selling games on the premise of being open at midnight for people to get their new games at midnight. Unfourtounately for them gamestop started doing a ton more midnight releases basically negating 7.11's contribution.

[quote name='strait edge follower']I've beaten black ops already but this would make perfect amazon trade bait[/QUOTE]

YMMV if u can find one that sell video games

I checked the three 7-11s in Hagerstown, MD, and it was a no go at all three of them. Two of them only had used older games and the third had no games at all. So even if your 7-11 does have games it is likely VERY YMMV if they actually have new releases.

The one near my work sometimes sells games but it's not very consistent. Last game I saw them sell there was WoW Cataclysm but it was only on display because it was clearance at $10.

I'll check this out.. seems too good to be true. I have both games but at 10$ each they're a steal. I wonder how much Best Buy would give you for em..

[quote name='IronZombie']I'll check this out.. seems too good to be true. I have both games but at 10$ each they're a steal. I wonder how much Best Buy would give you for em..[/QUOTE]

$25 for each at BB. I will have to check one out on the way home, although not sure there are any near me.

Last edited by a moderator:
The one here usually has some pretty decent deals on video games. Some are overpriced. We'll see if they have either of these.

[quote name='blazenumb1']$25 for each at BB. I will have to check one out on the way home, although not sure there are any near me.[/QUOTE]

I figured it was something around there.. although I just checked and Reach is still selling for 60$ at BB and Black Ops for just under 55$. Used they both sell for 35-40 so you're probably only gonna get 25-30 for em.

Not a bad deal if you find a 7-11 that has them. I'd definitely be in for a few. Too bad I probably won't find anything lol doubt a lot of 7-11s have anything.

Called to see if the only 7 Eleven I know has the game, and was told they don't have that specific game. I'm just going to say whoever gets this game is extremely lucky.

Good news/bad news @ 7-11 near Cal State Fullerton:
Good: They had 2 copies of Reach behind the cashier
Bad: They were full price

Anyways, bought a slurpee for my troubles.

Are they new copies, or do they get them from some
supplier of "pre played" games?

I naturally assumed that someone out there started
collected used games, cleaned them up, sealed them,
and sold them to who ever wanted to sell used games.

[quote name='ayepapajohn']No go on the 2 Plaza Blvd and Division Street in National City, CA. They had whack old video games lol[/QUOTE]

God damn there sure are a hell of a lot of San Diego CAGers.

[quote name='tecwrtr']Hit 3 in Richmond, VA. No luck. Dark Sector, Mirror's Edge, that kind of outdated crap.[/QUOTE]

Care to elaborate what area of the city (Midlo, Short Pump, Lakeside, Downtown)?

Deal seems to good to be true, and I'd probably be switching for BB credit as well, so I'd like to make sure I'm not covering ground that's already been "marked" by a CAG.

[quote name='GlassAgate']Are they new copies, or do they get them from some
supplier of "pre played" games?

I naturally assumed that someone out there started
collected used games, cleaned them up, sealed them,
and sold them to who ever wanted to sell used games.[/QUOTE]

They were all "pre-played" at the 7-11s I hit up today. Nothing interesting, except for SF4 for 360 for $10.

I have both games, but I gotta go check out a few local 7-11's. I just re-bought BLOPS for $40. I guess even if they don't have the games I can get a slurpee!

This is a little off-topic and not at all geared towards the OP... but I think it'd be hilarious if this deal was just made up. It is kindof funny that just a little hint like this is making a bunch of people drive around to hit up 7-11's just in case.

Granted, I'm gonna stop by one tomorrow... but still...

I was hoping someone would verify this before I drove to five different stores in C-bus, but looks like I will have something to do tomorrow.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']This is a little off-topic and not at all geared towards the OP... but I think it'd be hilarious if this deal was just made up. It is kindof funny that just a little hint like this is making a bunch of people drive around to hit up 7-11's just in case.

Granted, I'm gonna stop by one tomorrow... but still...[/QUOTE]
I think this is the reason people are checking their 7-Elevens.

Just to ask what does this YMMV thing mean. I never could figure that out.

Plus side, I have some 7-11 shopping to due tomorrow! 9.99 for Reach is fantastic, and for Black Ops, I HATE COD, but for 9.99 I'll give Black Ops a try. Hell I wonder if it's sealed without 7-11 bullshit on it I could return it to Walmart for gift cards :D

[quote name='Darklurkr23']Just to ask what does this YMMV thing mean. I never could figure that out.
[/QUOTE]

Your Mileage May Vary. I think there's a 7/11 up in my area somewhere, so if I go out tomorrow for soda, I may swing by if I can find it.

I'm going to guess since the only 7-11 in my town is on the outskirts of the ghetto and always has tons of people loitering and the cops showing up every night...they probably don't run the risk of selling video games. Even the 7-11's where I used to work (not too far away) are in a resort town, so again can't see them selling games.

I'm guessing whether they sell them or not has a lot to do with the town you live in/where the store is located.

Stopped by 4 different ones in my area (New Oxford, Biglerville, and two in Gettysburg). The latter two don't even sell games, the first two had games, just not Halo / CoD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back