E3 2011: MS edition. Halo 4 and others on the way.

seanr1221

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
Stream the conference live.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Community/E3

or

http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/microsoft-e3/index.html

Leaked picture...credit goes to Gaf

RHND3.png

Halo 4, Halo CE HD, Dance Central 2, Kinect Sports 2 and something called Ryse all on the way.

3_Sans_titre.PNG

Kinect Fun Labs

starwars65.jpg

Star Wars: Kinect http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/05/kinect-star-wars-details-forced-out-into-the-open/

Summer of Arcade (more info coming soon)

Last edited by a moderator:
While I understand that Halo 4 is the big announcement here, I'm way, way more excited about Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary. Glad it's finally confirmed as a real thing.

[quote name='007']While I understand that Halo 4 is the big announcement here, I'm way, way more excited about Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary. Glad it's finally confirmed as a real thing.[/QUOTE]

same. but if Halo 4 ends up somehow being as good as Reach's campaign then I can't wait

[quote name='eberm72492']MILK IT, MILK IT
I am disappoint Microsoft[/QUOTE]

Because no successful franchise has ever had multiple sequels or remakes.

So is this the official MS e3 thread? lol. I don't see one.
Well I guess we'll hear all the tidbits in an hour or so. I'm content with a Halo remake and Halo 4. Wonder what Ryse is.

:lol: Halo 4 is news? I thought it had been confirmed awhile back that 343 was working on it.

At any rate, I welcome Halo 4 and Anniversary with open arms.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Because no successful franchise has ever had multiple sequels or remakes.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I give them props for waiting this long, but I guess doing it at 10 years made sense.

Halo 4's release date, if they even give one, will be a good indicator of the 360's future. This is a weird year for E3 since it's well known that Nintendo will have a new console and Sony has publically stated that the PS4 won't be announced soon. Microsoft has remained pretty mum, but I'd wonder if Nintendo's announcement will spur anything on, depending on what specs Project Cafe has.

I'd love to think that Halo 4 would be Fall 2012, but that's very far off at this point. If that's the date, it's clear MS is sticking with the 360 until at least Spring 2013. If Halo 4 falls anywhere in late 2011/early 2012, it may be a sign that a successor is on the way. Halo is way too big of a game to be the Twilight Princess of the 360, so Halo 4 will either be on a new system, or on the 360 with enough of a buffer-zone that people won't be wondering why it *wasn't* on the new system.

Maybe I'm overthinking it, but still.

[quote name='007']Halo 4's release date, if they even give one, will be a good indicator of the 360's future. This is a weird year for E3 since it's well known that Nintendo will have a new console and Sony has publically stated that the PS4 won't be announced soon. Microsoft has remained pretty mum, but I'd wonder if Nintendo's announcement will spur anything on, depending on what specs Project Cafe has.

I'd love to think that Halo 4 would be Fall 2012, but that's very far off at this point. If that's the date, it's clear MS is sticking with the 360 until at least Spring 2013. If Halo 4 falls anywhere in late 2011/early 2012, it may be a sign that a successor is on the way. Halo is way too big of a game to be the Twilight Princess of the 360, so Halo 4 will either be on a new system, or on the 360 with enough of a buffer-zone that people won't be wondering why it *wasn't* on the new system.

Maybe I'm overthinking it, but still.[/QUOTE]

You'd think they would've held off on a Halo 4 until they start working on the next Xbox, so they could release it shortly after the console comes out... them releasing Halo 4 on 360 tells me they'll be sticking with the 360 for at least another 2-3 years.

Spike TV broadcast is about 5-10 seconds ahead of either stream, if anyone cares. Not a big difference though.

HA! "Please reconnect controller"

This Tomb Raider game is going to attracks a lot of creeps who will just turn the video off and listen to the audio. "Uhh! Oh!! Get off me!!" Christ.

[quote name='kanerobot']this tomb raider game is going to attracks a lot of creeps.[/quote]

:D

The voice acting sounds a bit much, but I'm excited for this.

Wait did EA just announce connect support for their sports game next year yet the Madden for this year did not come out yet.

Wow.... :lol:

The ME3 / Kinect thing is a cool gimmick, but I don't really see the point if you say the phrase, but then have Shepard's regular voice continue the conversation immediately after you're done speaking. Takes you out of any "immersion."

The Ghost Recon game has been looking good since last E3, and the Kinect thing makes me want one, but the shooting looks awkward.

When the entire ME3/Kinect thing first came out, I thought they'd go the "you can scan in your face for recreation on Shep" route. Voice commands? Meh, it's been done.

[quote name='KaneRobot']The ME3 / Kinect thing is a cool gimmick, but I don't really see the point if you say the phrase, but then have Shepard's regular voice continue the conversation immediately after you're done speaking. Takes you out of any "immersion."[/QUOTE]
100% agree. Although if Ghost Recon has full Kinect movement and shooting like what was shown on stage, that's actually pretty cool.

Future Solider gameplay with Kinnect is worthless for multiplayer unless people playing with Kinnect are locked with other people with Kinnect.

This voice support stuff is a terrible gimmick overall though. It's overall more efficient to just use a controller and press a button.

"Xbox Live Tv" or press button?

bread's done
Back