Playstation Vita WiFi $249.99 - 3G/WiFi $299.99 - February 22, 2012 Release

In for a wi-fi as well. Stupid NY tax though. If a better deal comes along then I can always easily cancel from amazon

Preordered a WiFi model. Just in case. Can always cancel later when a solid release date is announced and I'll inevitably go buy one at a Midnight Launch.

Preordered wifi just to guarantee an early queue spot for one. I admit to being paranoid about shortages. I don't think I'll ever get used to the Vita name, but the price is lower than I thought it would be and it looks like there will be some compelling launch titles.

I've been burned by Sony before with the PSP and PSP Go, bought them both on day 1 only to see them come down in price a few short months later due to poor sales. I'm going to wait and see how the Vita does before I get one

[quote name='WyldRyce']Not a deal but Amazon has it up for preordering already if anyone wants to insure they get one when it releases.

WiFi
http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Vita-WiFi-Sony-PSP/dp/B003O6EATE/ref=sr_tr_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1307424868&sr=1-1

3G/WiFi
http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Vita-3G-WiFi-Sony-PSP/dp/B004L5MYJA/ref=sr_tr_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1307424926&sr=1-2[/QUOTE]

Did you really need to post this? Not to be a dick, but you know this isn't a deal and it's barely even worth mentioning anyway.

As much as I want to pre-order it now, have $600 i giftcards for SonyStyles leftover from the recycling program. Going to use these to grab a wifi model. The price falling to right that of the 3DS surprised me. When Sony said the price would be low, they meant it.

Hmm...Wi-Fi model became "unavailable."

Was going to order one of each and cancel one or the other once I could better determine if 3G would be beneficial and/or reasonably priced.

[quote name='ryheeles']Did you really need to post this? Not to be a dick, but you know this isn't a deal and it's barely even worth mentioning anyway.[/QUOTE]

Seeing as how the 3DS Amazon preorder got it's own thread when it first went up, I figured I'd make one for the Vita as well. Just giving a heads up for CAGers if they wanted to get one on release day. Who knows if this will sell out.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Pre-ordered as a place holder, but looking forward close to release for a k-mart deal.[/QUOTE]

don't hold your breath. console margins are paper thin and the tax difference offsets any deal a local retailer can have.

I was just able to order wi fi...anyone know if the 3G one require a contract to use the 3G of if it will be like iPad and be pay as you go.

[quote name='ryheeles']Did you really need to post this? Not to be a dick, but you know this isn't a deal and it's barely even worth mentioning anyway.[/QUOTE]

I ask you the same question, did you really feel the need to comment. I guarantee you this will be a very popular thread with tons of orders, making it very much worth mentioning.

[quote name='caltab']I was just able to order wi fi...anyone know if the 3G one require a contract to use the 3G of if it will be like iPad and be pay as you go.[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking it would work like that. I know tablets are the same way so i don't see why they'd offer free 3G.

Well it definitely won't be free, I just don't know if they have said if enabling 3G requires a long term contract, I'm guessing it won't

Vita? Did Sony get Nintendo to name this thing for them? :D Anyway, gotta see this thing first hand before I even think about dishing out that kind of cash for a handheld.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I hope it stays at those prices though. It would be competitive with the 3DS.[/QUOTE]

These are the official announced prices

Just did a Google search for PlayStation Vita, and I find this article. http://www.google.com/m/url?ei=IsntTajvHJDrlgem0byjAg&q=http://www.zdnet.com/blog/gadgetreviews/sonys-playstation-vita-coming-this-fall-for-249-3g-via-at-t/25383&ved=0CDQQFjAH&usg=AFQjCNEQolmIgdo1H1WL8I3DPt2EUACaYw I'm on my Evo, but the contracts will be through ATT...

Thank you, OP!

I wanted to get in early! Just ordered a 3G model. For $50 more, I'd prefer to be "fully prepared".

In any case... thank you. Can't wait!

Yeah, I jumped on this one as well. I never get handhelds at launch, but this was too good to pass up at that price. If Sony actually makes money at $249, they've got a hit on their hands. Time for a 3DS price drop....now.

[quote name='Decker']Time for a 3DS price drop....now.[/QUOTE]

I agree for our sake, but doesn't make sense for Nintendo. People will continue to pay $250 to get OoT, Star Fox 3D, 3DS Shop, etc. They only have to drop the price in November when the PSV's launch is imminent.

Thanks OP....

In for two of the wifi (myself and wife)... I'm pretty surprised by the price TBH, I have to assume they're taking a loss on each one sold, but hoping to sell more of the 3G and get $$$ back from contracts.

Problem is that gamers know developers will only make games that can work on both so really neither one will run games better than the other so why pay the extra $$$. ;)

in for WiFi. Really looking forward to this. With the dual sticks, and trophies, I can see myself playing this a whole lot.

It would have been nice if they went future-proof and put more money and effort into making it 3G AND 4G. I'm not into that sort of thing but it seems dated to not go up to 4G to beat the competition...

... then again, no one complained when the iPad 2 was still stuck at 3G so I guess they're going with that.

Nice, in for a wifi ... can't really afford it now ... but I have months to pay it off ...

Way more impressed with the Vita (weird name) than the 3DS ... tried it and the thing just gave me a headache. I'm more and more convinced with each year that Nintendo machines are great for kids and families but they rarely cater to older gamers.

Sure they have the best nostalgic franchises on Nintendo systems, but I'll take Bioshock and LBP over a LoZ rehash and re-release of an old MGS game.

Going to get amazon kindle card from best buy with credit from trade ins and use with the rest of my amazon credit. I hope they do a PSP trade up program like they did with the 3DS. With $80 or more trade up credit I could get the Wifi version for less than $80.

In for a wifi. My Kindle (with 3G) almost never can get a 3G connection at my house thanks to AT&T's craptacular network. (and I live in Los Angeles) No reason to pay more for the privilege of not being able to use their network. :p

I'm still kind of mad that the 3G is currently exclusive to AT&T. First I have to wait 3 years for official iPhone support on Verizon, and now this? Think I'll just have to wait and hear if there are any plans of extending who the 3G can be purchased from.

In for a Wi-Fi model. I might pre-order through Gamestop though since I have something like 350 dollars in credit from there.

[quote name='giantqtipz']Just remembered that all games will be delivered digitally.. Sighh hopefully there are discounts on release day[/QUOTE]

Only? Did I tune this part out or something?

bread's done
Back