- - - - -

DEAD: Last Window (DS; sequel to Hotel Dusk) Import ~$27-32 shipped

#1 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23955 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:15 PM

Shopto.net is sold out and dvd.co.uk jumped the price to £27.19, which is almost $44. Looks like the deal is dead...

http://www.dvd.co.uk...nintendo-ds.htm

Currently sold out at Shopto.net and unlikely to come back in stock. I'll leave this here for reference in case it comes back. You can also find it at shopto.net with tracking, for around $30, as posted by Joe Fongul (I didn't see this earlier). See the following quote from faceless007, who's summed it up nicely.
EDIT* CAGs who ordered from shopto.net have confirmed receiving their order just fine but the tracking apparently only works up to the point when USPS gets the package form Royal Mail.

Someone on page 2 posted another store, Shopto.net, where it's now down to 12.85 pounds. Shipping w/o tracking 2.50 pounds, with tracking 5.50. I ordered with so it's 18.35, or ~$29.80. Hope it's a reliable store...

As reported by CAGs, DS games are region free regardless of the device. This has been confirmed to work on the 3DS as well.

Please note that UK DS games come in thicker (about 1.5x the thickness of a normal DS case) and clear cases (like PSP and PS3 cases). You can print out a custom case insert and stick it in a standard DS, if it bothers you.

It's been done:

http://www.thecoverp...hp?topic=6210.0

Second to last post on that page has a download link.

The shop (dvd.co.uk) is reliable, I got my copy from them as well as a many other PAL imports. Shipping might take a while as they're overseas but I've ordered from them multiple times and I've always gotten my games within 7-12 days.
EDIT* There might be a extra charge by your bank/credit card company for an international company. Also, they make request you to approve the transaction as a anti-theft measure.

For those who enjoyed Hotel Dusk, I don't think I need to say anything. This was CING's swan song and this is probably as good a price as you could hope for.

For everyone else: Last Window was never released in the US and likely won't make its way over here. It's a sequel to Hotel Dusk and plays in similar style- a story driven adventure game in the form of a stylized novel.

I paid $40 to import it weeks after it was released and I did not regret it one bit.

Edited by Vinny, 17 July 2011 - 12:22 AM.

#2 trogoldito   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   240 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

trogoldito

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:27 PM

I didn't even know there was a sequel in the works let alone that it was already released. Last I had heard the studio had filed for bankruptcy or something like that.

This has me more excited than any announcement I have seen at E3 thus far. Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention!

#3 Jon7   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   891 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:32 PM

I didn't even know there was a sequel in the works let alone that it was already released. Last I had heard the studio had filed for bankruptcy or something like that.

They went bankrupt right after this came out actually. Probably one of the reasons it never got a north american release.

#4 Tom Ato   Vine Ripened CAGiversary!   811 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:02 PM

The 3DS is not region free. So if you buy this, make sure you weren't plan on using it. $30 seems a bit much.

Edit: Apparently it *does* work with import DS games. I swear to God I tried it before and it didn't. Maybe I imagined the whole thing. . .

Edited by Tom Ato, 07 June 2011 - 10:52 PM.

#5 62t   Zune Duck! CAGiversary!   20308 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:21 PM

The 3DS is not region free. So if you buy this, make sure you weren't plan on using it. $30 seems a bit much.

Btw, I have a copy of Another Code R for the Wii, which is the sequel to Trace Memory also by Cing, which I can't get rid of. If you're interested PM me.

only for 3DS games. Regular DS games are not region locked

#6 Nitemare25   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   89 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Nitemare25

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:41 PM

I just put Last Window in my 3DS to test it, and he's right! It works! Now I don't have to worry about my old DSs breaking and not being able to play Last Window!

Edited by Nitemare25, 07 June 2011 - 11:03 PM.

#7 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   21189 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2011 - 10:44 PM

Btw, I have a copy of Another Code R for the Wii, which is the sequel to Trace Memory also by Cing, which I can't get rid of. If you're interested PM me.

I just put Last Window in my 3DS to test it, and he's right. It works.

Posted Image

#8 TheKbob   Rock On, Duder CAGiversary!   1372 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:39 PM

I hope this is trustworthy because I want this game. I forgot about it completely! I hope I don't have to cancel a credit card. :P

Oh, and import games work in the DSi XL. Ouendan 2 in mine!

#9 Kaijufan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9848 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2011 - 11:54 PM

I ordered my copy from this site, they are trustworthy.

Last Window is a great game and I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoyed Hotel Dusk. I don't think the atmosphere of the game is quite as good as Dusk, but everything else is just as good, if not better

#10 TheKbob   Rock On, Duder CAGiversary!   1372 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:08 AM

I ordered my copy from this site, they are trustworthy.

Last Window is a great game and I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoyed Hotel Dusk. I don't think the atmosphere of the game is quite as good as Dusk, but everything else is just as good, if not better

Cool. It's on the way. I loved Hotel Dusk. I remember when it came out... I didn't even realize it existed until I saw reviews. I was working at Gamestop and the company had ordered none for all the stores in our location. I finally found a copy at Walmart and ate it up.

Fantastic game with great presentation for the handheld. I'm really looking forward to this.

Thanks, TC. I would have NEVER remembered this game existed until probably it was too late (or too costly!). You definitely helped one person out! :applause:

#11 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23955 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2011 - 02:18 AM

Well, at least there's one person who found this thread useful.:D

Too bad CING's games never caught on though... they deserved better.:-(

#12 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49880 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:02 AM

Well, at least there's one person who found this thread useful.:D

Too bad CING's games never caught on though... they deserved better.:-(

Make that two people, as I ordered a copy of it as well.

Put me also in the "I forgot that Hotel Dusk had a non-US sequel", so I'm glad you took the time to post the thread about it.

#13 soonersfan60   Longing for retro CAG... CAGiversary!   4448 Posts   Joined 15.6 Years Ago  

soonersfan60

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:12 AM

Thanks, OP ! I've been trying to buy this for a good price off eBay for a long time, while avoiding any auctions that I suspected were bootlegs. Glad I waited. Perfect Father's Day gift (although I'll be surprised if I get it in time).

#14 anotherpoorgamer   Bird's Nest Hair CAGiversary!   5582 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

anotherpoorgamer

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:20 AM

Thank you for posting this OP! I lived in the U.S. all my life and have never imported anything before. Hope this works out smoothly.

Is my Math wrong? £19.99-£3.00= £16.99+£1.29= £18.28= $30.07. You're still right.

Edit: VAT=U.K. version of sales tax in the U.S.?

#15 Razzuel   People are idiots. CAGiversary!   1863 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:31 AM

I didn't even realize this game had been released, and it was released last year no less! The only thing I remember is hearing about the developer going bankrupt, which is extremely unfortunate, since Hotel Dusk is such an amazing game.

Thanks for the heads up! I just placed an order for one.

#16 kmitchell28   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   189 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

kmitchell28

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:37 AM

Thanks for this, I ordered one also. I've really been wanting this, but had a hard time swallowing the nearly $60 pricetag that had been on it the handful of times I've checked for it.

#17 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23955 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:38 AM

I'm glad more Hotel Dusk fans are coming out of the woods.:D

Thank you for posting this OP! I lived in the U.S. all my life and have never imported anything before. Hope this works out smoothly.

Is my Math wrong? £19.99-£3.00= £16.99+£1.29= £18.28= $30.07. You're still right.

Edit: VAT=U.K. version of sales tax in the U.S.?

I misread the checkout, price is £16.66, not £16.99. Thanks for that, fixing now.

#18 Blade70   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   685 Posts   Joined 15.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:42 AM

Thank you very much. I didn't even know about a hotel dusk sequel. :bouncy:

#19 ___Vizion___   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   138 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

___Vizion___

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:01 AM

Thanks for the heads up, ordered one today.

#20 Whambamm   Thank you ma'am CAGiversary!   1159 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:11 AM

Thanks so much OP. I remember this game being announced but I had no idea it had already been released and that CING had gone bankrupt. Glad I'm able to get this while I can.

#21 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23955 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:26 AM

Glad a few of you got it... but it looks like it's now sold out.:-(

#22 Joe Fongul   Slave to the Grind.. CAGiversary!   1357 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:51 AM

Never ordered from this site before (Shop To), but they have the game for 18.85 pounds with two shipping options to the US (2.50 for Royal Mail 1st Class International w/o tracking, 5.50 for Royal Mail 1st Class International w/tracking). With shipping, comes out to around $35 shipped without tracking, $40 with tracking....

http://www.shopto.ne...ast Window.html

Edited by Joe Fongul, 08 June 2011 - 06:54 AM.
Added Prices After Pound Conversion

#23 anotherpoorgamer   Bird's Nest Hair CAGiversary!   5582 Posts   Joined 15.4 Years Ago  

anotherpoorgamer

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:43 AM

First Play-Asia, now dvd.co.uk is sold out of this game. Seems like I'm never going to get this game. I'm kind of hesitant to try the site posted above me since no one so far is vouching for it. :-(

#24 CaptainCaputo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   54 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

CaptainCaputo

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:18 PM

Been waiting on a good price for this thanks.

#25 eugaet   1d20 to save vs CAG CAGiversary!   3629 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:19 PM

Just placed my order. I wasn't going to, but after checking prices elsewhere and considering the lack of availability...plus the probability that this'll never see an NA release...I gave in. Also, I'm a huge fan of Cing. Trace Memory and Hotel Dusk are two of my favorite DS games.

Product page says there's a 2-3 day wait for shipping.

I think the last time I imported a game it was the original Worms (PC), direct from Team17. Still have the box and 3.5" disks.

#26 therealdeal19   GIANT ENEMY CRABS!!! CAGiversary!   1113 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

therealdeal19

Posted 08 June 2011 - 03:48 PM

Glad a few of you got it... but it looks like it's now sold out.:-(

It's still in-stock, it just has a 2-3 day dispatch. I just placed an order and thank you, I'm looking forward to playing it! :)

#27 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   23955 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:15 PM

It's still in-stock, it just has a 2-3 day dispatch. I just placed an order and thank you, I'm looking forward to playing it! :)

It was sold out last night but yeah, looks like they're getting more AND they're not jacking up the price! Awesome!:)

#28 waxHead   Resident Vinyl Junkie CAGiversary!   2843 Posts   Joined 17.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2011 - 04:29 PM

Ordered one as well, thanks Vinny 8-)

#29 dallow   By Kaz! CAGiversary!   30360 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:06 PM

Ordering when I get home. Stay in stock!

Thanks Vinny.

#30 dafunkk12   Coconut Monkey CAGiversary!   1659 Posts   Joined 16.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:10 PM

Ordered one; thanks!