- - - - -

DEAD: Last Window (DS; sequel to Hotel Dusk) Import ~$27-32 shipped

#1 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24069 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2011 - 07:15 PM

Shopto.net is sold out and dvd.co.uk jumped the price to £27.19, which is almost $44. Looks like the deal is dead...

http://www.dvd.co.uk...nintendo-ds.htm

Currently sold out at Shopto.net and unlikely to come back in stock. I'll leave this here for reference in case it comes back. You can also find it at shopto.net with tracking, for around $30, as posted by Joe Fongul (I didn't see this earlier). See the following quote from faceless007, who's summed it up nicely.
EDIT* CAGs who ordered from shopto.net have confirmed receiving their order just fine but the tracking apparently only works up to the point when USPS gets the package form Royal Mail.

The shop (dvd.co.uk) is reliable, I got my copy from them as well as a many other PAL imports. Shipping might take a while as they're overseas but I've ordered from them multiple times and I've always gotten my games within 7-12 days.
EDIT* There might be a extra charge by your bank/credit card company for an international company. Also, they make request you to approve the transaction as a anti-theft measure.

For those who enjoyed Hotel Dusk, I don't think I need to say anything. This was CING's swan song and this is probably as good a price as you could hope for.

For everyone else: Last Window was never released in the US and likely won't make its way over here. It's a sequel to Hotel Dusk and plays in similar style- a story driven adventure game in the form of a stylized novel.

I paid $40 to import it weeks after it was released and I did not regret it one bit.

Edited by Vinny, 17 July 2011 - 12:22 AM.

#22 Joe Fongul   Slave to the Grind.. CAGiversary!   1359 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:51 AM

Never ordered from this site before (Shop To), but they have the game for 18.85 pounds with two shipping options to the US (2.50 for Royal Mail 1st Class International w/o tracking, 5.50 for Royal Mail 1st Class International w/tracking). With shipping, comes out to around $35 shipped without tracking, $40 with tracking....

http://www.shopto.ne...ast Window.html

Edited by Joe Fongul, 08 June 2011 - 06:54 AM.
Added Prices After Pound Conversion