- - - - -

Official Amazon Trade-In FAQ 4.0 - READ 1st POST

#3061 io   ... Super Moderators   24117 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:16 PM

The shipping expiration date was yesterday, so I'm just gonna hope for the best and hope Noram is still honoring the values by the time they get it.

You should be fine. I haven't even mailed my last two packages yet (the last shipment date is today for those two) and with the 8-9 days for slow-ass UPS delivery, they better be honoring the values still. If not, that is big time East Coast bias ;).

BTW, my UPS will never give me a receipt even if I ask for one. The lady always says the same thing "You don't need one. Write down the tracking number." (This is even when I drop off 10-15 items at once). I called customer service and they said it is up to the location.

That sucks. At my local UPS store they know me from my frequent Amazon (and before that Gazelle) trade-ins. So they don't even ask me - they just weigh it and print the receipt automatically. I don't want the receipt for my tracking number - I can just use the Amazon trade-in link to track the package. I want the receipt as proof that I mailed it in case the tracking never shows anything (as has happened to a few CAGs).

#3062 henry00x   Chosen One CAGiversary!   1317 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:26 PM

All of the disc games I sent in have been paid out. Now just waiting on my cart only games.

is anyone having an issue with the cart games?

i sent in xbox scarface and doom 64 together, the scarface was approved for $30, but the doom which i listed as 'acceptable' says pending in the email i received, on their site it says 'processing'

ive never seen that before with previous trade ins, you figure they open the package and both are together they would get it over with

#3063 irishsoccermbw   User was banned for this post CAGiversary!   6152 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

irishsoccermbw

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:31 PM

is anyone having an issue with the cart games?

i sent in xbox scarface and doom 64 together, the scarface was approved for $30, but the doom which i listed as 'acceptable' says pending in the email i received, on their site it says 'processing'

ive never seen that before with previous trade ins, you figure they open the package and both are together they would get it over with

This happened with every single box I sent with complete and cart only games.

The next day I had the cart only games approved. I think they actually test out the cart only games.

#3064 Pookymeister   I like almonds Super Moderators   15331 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Pookymeister

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:36 PM

So i checked mail today and there was a package from NorAm. I'm thinking "What the hell is this? Nothing was rejected". I open it up and it's IMAX Under the Sea 3D from a groupon deal.

#3065 Bankotsu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   529 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:38 PM

My FFVI Advance is still processing, but my Mega Man and Bass and Golden Sun The Lost Age credited. All of them have boxes, but no manual. I did have some random inserts the games came with so maybe that helped lol.

#3066 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   48167 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:58 PM

09/27/12 Delivery date:
Four fully paid out, no GBA games in shipment
Two partially paid out, GBA games pending, non-GBA games paid out, in Processing state
Two in Processing state, all GBA games in shipments

09/28/12 Delivery date:
Two shipments showing as Not Received, UPS shows as delivered

10/01/12 Delivery date:
One shipment shows Processing

They paid out one more non-GBA trade-in and marked the non-GBA shipment received today as Processing. The two non-GBA shipments that arrived on Friday are still showing as Nor Received.

As all of my GBA games were complete, I can't see them doing anything except accept them as Good and go on with my day.

#3067 NiiNJA   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   230 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:17 PM

all of my complete games accepted at full value today except my super smash bros with a faded sun label on the front. amazon put it at acceptable for "Original packaging missing" strangely. all cart only gb/n64 games are still processing.

i have 6 more trade ins to send in and had a question though. one of my trades is 2 cart only gb games, i was planning on using quite a small box to ship them, but the shipping label when printed would be too big for it. is it okay to resize a label in paint or something a little bit to make it smaller or will it not scan then?

i posted this a page or two back and was wondering if anyone had an answer since i'm going to ship them out tomorrow.

#3068 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   48167 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

all of my complete games accepted at full value today except my super smash bros with a faded sun label on the front. amazon put it at acceptable for "Original packaging missing" strangely. all cart only gb/n64 games are still processing.

i posted this a page or two back and was wondering if anyone had an answer since i'm going to ship them out tomorrow.

Scale the label down to fit the box. I've printed UPS labels at 70% normal size and not had issues with them scanning and working for shipment.

#3069 rioskenny   Senpai CAGiversary!   325 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2012 - 10:48 PM

okay today my package arrived to amazon, checked via usps track code, but when i went to amazon it said Not Yet Received/In Transit should i be worried it arrived to a wrong address, or is that normal from amazon?

#3070 evanwink   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   197 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:50 PM

okay today my package arrived to amazon, checked via usps track code, but when i went to amazon it said Not Yet Received/In Transit should i be worried it arrived to a wrong address, or is that normal from amazon?

It is normal. Just takes them a bit to get the packages from some hypothetical 'giant inbox/bin' into the Amazon system.Also, all my cart games have taken longer. Actually had Gauntlet (PS1) accepted today in a shipment with 3 N64 games and they are all still pending.

#3071 Pookymeister   I like almonds Super Moderators   15331 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Pookymeister

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:23 AM

Did the gift card history disappear? I can only see my balance now, not what orders are pending/when gifts were applied, etc.

#3072 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16051 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:25 AM

hmmm same here.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#3073 rioskenny   Senpai CAGiversary!   325 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:57 AM

It is normal. Just takes them a bit to get the packages from some hypothetical 'giant inbox/bin' into the Amazon system.Also, all my cart games have taken longer. Actually had Gauntlet (PS1) accepted today in a shipment with 3 N64 games and they are all still pending.

thanks for answering, i get all paranoid with amazon xD

#3074 Neuropod   Such a lust for revenge! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO?! CAGiversary!   2342 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:58 AM

Lol, I sent in 5 packages and they all arrived on Friday. I've been credited for only one, and one of them still says not yet received. So yeah, this isn't the most organized or logical process.

76561197996844513.png

#3075 Friend of Sonic   Toneman.org coming soon.. CAGiversary!   10041 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Friend of Sonic

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:51 AM

The people who had Pokemon Stadium rejected most likely did not submit it with the Transfer Pak that it originally came with. I included it with my copy and I got paid out for it just fine. I also made sure to include the original memory card with Animal Crossing.

Aw shit, I didn't even consider the transfer pak. I guess that's one game I'll be getting back

#3076 Vigilante   CAG is the Key CAGiversary!   34920 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:05 AM

One of my two remaining cart-only trade-ins cleared earlier tonight--Godzilla: Domination x2 (GBA) for $42 total.

The Very Good copy of WWF Attitude (PS1) I ordered through the Warehouse for ~$5.59 arrived today as well, so I can ship that off for another ~$30. ;)

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: HM: Project Mirai DX :ps4: HM: Project Diva X; N.E.R.O.; Resident Evil 0 :vita: Metrico; Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir; Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games:  :ps3: LoH: Trails of Cold Steel (4.75/5) :vita: Zero Time Dilemma (4.5/5)

So the moral of the story is Vig is awesome; all glory to the master flipper.

hey im high on pine needle smell and have no clue what im doing

#3077 MildObstruction   then let my “insanity” be the mother of my betrayal CAGiversary!   16571 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

MildObstruction

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:24 AM

normal. sometimes it won't hit the Processing stage for a day or two after it arrives.

MildObstruction.png

#3078 maximumzero   Seriously, quit it. CAGiversary!   4060 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

maximumzero

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:50 PM

Starting day #5 of processing.

#3079 joeyshadows   CAGiversary! Validating   1729 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

joeyshadows

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:51 PM

Same. –_–

#3080 Mikocouch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   942 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:56 PM

Sounds like you are screwed.

#3081 Vigilante   CAG is the Key CAGiversary!   34920 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:03 PM

Even if he was, he couldn't do anything through Amazon CS anyway until 25 days after the trade-in was created, so he's still got a chance.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: HM: Project Mirai DX :ps4: HM: Project Diva X; N.E.R.O.; Resident Evil 0 :vita: Metrico; Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir; Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games:  :ps3: LoH: Trails of Cold Steel (4.75/5) :vita: Zero Time Dilemma (4.5/5)

#3082 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   48167 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:17 PM

One box of 7 GBA games just paid out at Good levels. Multiple other ones to go.

#3083 JUSTSULTAN   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   690 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

JUSTSULTAN

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:20 PM

Ok guys so reading through the last few pages i still dont have a clear ideal of how long processing takes and are any problems the result of the "glitch" or whatever you want to call it with the high tiv's? Thanks

#3084 Vigilante   CAG is the Key CAGiversary!   34920 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:31 PM

Ok guys so reading through the last few pages i still dont have a clear ideal of how long processing takes and are any problems the result of the "glitch" or whatever you want to call it with the high tiv's? Thanks

It's honestly pretty random when it comes to processing time (I sent two packages with cart-only GBA trades at the same time but only one of the two has processed while the other is still processing :???:), and most "problems" appear to be cases where an item was considered to either not have everything included (apparently the case with Pokemon Stadium for N64 and not including the Transfer Pak) or simply deemed unacceptable.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#3085 silkysmooth   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   286 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

silkysmooth

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:58 PM

My stuff arrived Friday. Box #1 has paid out in full already. Box #2 has a few cart games so I expect that to take a tiny bit longer.

#3086 PapaSmerf   Central Scrutinizer CAGiversary!   1143 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:59 PM

Gift cards deposited for 5 PS1 games in "Good" condition. Metal Gear Solid was "Greatest Hits" and Resident Evil 2 was not, so what was pictured on the site when entering the UPC's did not seem to matter as long as there was a match. Still waiting on 1 GBA cartridge included with this trade. Thankfully, RPG Maker was not mistakenly rejected because of "missing disc" like another CAG reported.

#3087 Mikocouch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   942 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:04 PM

Even if he was, he couldn't do anything through Amazon CS anyway until 25 days after the trade-in was created, so he's still got a chance.

nope, he's screwed.

#3088 joeyshadows   CAGiversary! Validating   1729 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

joeyshadows

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:27 PM

Im on day 5. My first shipment cleared today. One to go. He may not be SOL

#3089 Vigilante   CAG is the Key CAGiversary!   34920 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:44 PM

nope, he's screwed.

Wow, optimistic, aren't you? :)

I had a GBA cart-only trade-in sit in "Processing" status for nearly a week and it finally processed late yesterday afternoon, so I don't think we can say for sure that he's in trouble.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#3090 Friend of Sonic   Toneman.org coming soon.. CAGiversary!   10041 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Friend of Sonic

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:45 PM

My friend got two GC games paid out. She's pretty stoked. So far so good on this week and payouts thus far, it seems...