- - - - -

Official Amazon Trade-In FAQ 4.0 - READ 1st POST

#3211 WeaponX2099   I'm Frankie Sinatra CAGiversary!   5231 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

WeaponX2099

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:05 PM

Both my games were complete.

#3212 slowdive21   PUT SOME RESPECK ON MY NAME CAGiversary!   12150 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:07 PM

I just got 7 "wrong item" rejection emails. (They came within the past 20 minutes)

#3213 chicagocubsfan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1495 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

chicagocubsfan

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:21 PM

I just got 7 "wrong item" rejection emails. (They came within the past 20 minutes)

This is pissing me off. Seems like a copout on Amazon's part.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#3214 irishsoccermbw   User was banned for this post CAGiversary!   6166 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

irishsoccermbw

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:26 PM

I'm shocked it's taken this long.

#3215 Artrigis   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   666 Posts   Joined 5.4 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

One of my orders that never actually hit processing, was stuck in not yet delivered. Updated this morning to give me my gift cards. So maybe it depends on the mood of the worker lol.

I have one more order that is processing (really want this one to go through.. 5 games at $78)

#3216 maximumzero   Seriously, quit it. CAGiversary!   4060 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

maximumzero

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

Still rather hating on myself for giving away Road Rash for 80 cents when I could have gotten $30 less than a week later.

#3217 FlamingXDragon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   93 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

FlamingXDragon

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:08 PM

Yes! My gamecube finally went into processing. I just hope it doesn't get rejected like others have.

#3218 Vigilante   CAG is the Key CAGiversary!   34951 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:15 PM

YES. Another $99.60, including $44.00 for the two transactions I thought hadn't been received yet but were really just not updated to "Processing":

Frogger ($30)
NFL Blitz 2001 ($14)
Star Fox Adventures ($25.60)
Wild Arms 2 ($30)

\\:D/

...Now I just have to hope my last cart-only trade (Cabela's Big Game Hunter - GBA) goes through before October 10th, 25 days after I created the transaction. :pray:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ds: Dragon Quest VI :ps4: HM: Project Diva X; N.E.R.O.; Resident Evil 0 :vita: Metrico; Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir; Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games:  :ps3: LoH: Trails of Cold Steel (4.75/5) :3ds: HM: Project Mirai DX (4.0/5)

So the moral of the story is Vig is awesome; all glory to the master flipper.

hey im high on pine needle smell and have no clue what im doing

#3219 kintanos   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   334 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:17 PM

Wow, I also just got 2 wrong item rejections for 2 complete GBA games that were both in like new condition. I've never been rejected before. So it seems they do not want to give the credit for these from what I'm reading from others recently. They also took the longest to process.

I sent in 6 from various systems, 4 were completed yesterday or the day before. The 2 GBA games I traded in, however, were just rejected this morning.

#3220 MildObstruction   then let my “insanity” be the mother of my betrayal CAGiversary!   16579 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

MildObstruction

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:20 PM

This is pissing me off. Seems like a copout on Amazon's part.

You're more than welcome to get pissed off because it _is_ a copout, but this is exactly why I tried to put so many disclaimers in front of this before people started sending stuff in. Amazon a while back added an explicit clause in their trade-in rules that basically states that they can deny stuff for any reason or no reason at all whenever they like. It sucks for sure, but the unwieldy monster that is the random tiv generator script they use has bitten them on the ass so many times (look at the 2nd post to see the amazing $500 dvd box set trade) that I can't really blame them for not wanting to pay $30 for a cartridge I picked up at the thrift store for $0.50.

At least they don't resort to bans and actually try to fix their problems while providing a decent trade-in alternative to bby/gs. Normally I'm not an amazon apologist but this whole situation reeked of Fuck up and for the most part they've made good on it for whatever reason.

MildObstruction.png

#3221 FlamingXDragon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   93 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

FlamingXDragon

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:28 PM

Damn it. My gamecube was labled "incorrect edition". Did anyone have a gamcube accepted?

#3222 ken9   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   405 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:37 PM

Hmm, getting the same problem as alot of other people are having. GC games are being accepted but cartridge games are being denied for the wrong edition. Lame :(

EDIT: LAWL I talked to a rep through chat and she kept insisting that all my games were actually books, and that my trade-in order contained none of these books.

Posted Image

Edited by ken9, 04 October 2012 - 04:58 PM.

#3223 Friend of Sonic   Toneman.org coming soon.. CAGiversary!   10041 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Friend of Sonic

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:53 PM

Wrong edition denials on a couple of carts this morning. I say Fuck Amazon just based on the simple fact of taking over a week to fix this shit. They should use the tracker themselves and then they would have seen the problem day 1 and could have worked towards fixing the TIVs. There's no excuse for this to take 1-2 weeks to fix-- it's just really awful risk mitigation on their part. I'm sending them an email with one consolidated list of their BS denials to see if I can get any promotional consideration from them.
If they don't pull the same BS on the disc stuff, I should be fine, but still disappointing that Amazon jerks us around like this when that critical error on their end stuck around way too long.

Still, we are very lucky to even get some accepted trades. I am thankful for that.

EDIT: Got FFVII accepted, so hopefully disc games are golden for a little while longer. They even upgraded it from acceptable to good.

#3224 girlracer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   371 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:05 PM

both of mine got accepted

MTV Music Generator complete for $30 and Red Dead Revolver no manual for $21

#3225 ckc4043   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1982 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:15 PM

Does Amazon accept gamefly chipped but playable disc?

Thank you

#3226 chicagocubsfan   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1495 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

chicagocubsfan

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:08 PM

Hmm, getting the same problem as alot of other people are having. GC games are being accepted but cartridge games are being denied for the wrong edition. Lame :(

EDIT: LAWL I talked to a rep through chat and she kept insisting that all my games were actually books, and that my trade-in order contained none of these books.

Posted Image

Lol. Wtf. This is ridiculous. Did you tell the CS that it wasn't a book?

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#3227 Friend of Sonic   Toneman.org coming soon.. CAGiversary!   10041 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Friend of Sonic

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:18 PM

Haha, there are comments that Amazon that they can read that we can't. My two cart denials had "overpriced" in the comments. At least they're honest there, we just aren't priveleged to see it. Based on that though the rep gave me promo credits for their value. I wasn't gunning for that, I wanted to see Amazon chat's answer on why cart games are getting denied for the lulz, but the rep did me a rock solid and offered me the credit unexpectedly.

EDIT: Just had a 10 disc game order, with 1 cart, pushed through with all appropriate values. The cart WAS a DS game though, with a normal, non-fucked up value. They apparently only hate paying 21 bucks for a cart worth two bucks. Can't blame them.

EDIT2: Couple of Pokemon carts for GB just got denied. Those actually sell for 10.00 each, so no major loss I suppose. Still, they've got a massive hard on for denying the carts all of a sudden. Every disc game processed today was approved.

Edited by Friend of Sonic, 04 October 2012 - 07:07 PM.

#3228 highoffcoffee496   I gotta believe! CAGiversary!   1449 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

highoffcoffee496

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:18 PM

got all of my gamecube games accepted today. 5 games for $140 \\:D/

#3229 slowdive21   PUT SOME RESPECK ON MY NAME CAGiversary!   12150 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:21 PM

I should mention all of my 'wrong' denials were for cart only games. some of them weren't even the $21 games. They were like $6-$8. All of them were also shipped separately, so they must have piled them up to deny them.

#3230 Toss   @TraderToss CAGiversary!   1536 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:22 PM

I'm shocked it's taken this long.

That's really what I'm thinking.

The "wrong item" BS is what they did during the last tiv glitch I was involved in (ds my horse and me, yard sale hidden treasures, ben 10 wii,etc). Only 25% of my submissions were accepted. I think it just depends on who opens your stuff for inspection. Luckily I had five hundred bucks worth of stuff accepted today that was received on the 28th of last month phew. I do have a bunch of stragglers showing up over the next few days, but I'm expecting the worse.

Still rather hating on myself for giving away Road Rash for 80 cents when I could have gotten $30 less than a week later.

I sold our house during the boom that I couldve sold for $120,000.00 more a year later, talk about self hating.

At least they don't resort to bans and actually try to fix their problems while providing a decent trade-in alternative to bby/gs. Normally I'm not an amazon apologist but this whole situation reeked of Fuck up and for the most part they've made good on it for whatever reason.

YES!!! Really it was a nice gift for any items accepted. If rejected items were purchased specifically for trade in, well there is always the RISK/reward part of the equation to consider. If you do this long enough, you eventually have to factor that in when deciding whether or not to buying stuff to trade in, locked TIV or not. It's even more risky when youre on the left coast like me, cause of the extra time required to ship.

Edited by Toss, 04 October 2012 - 07:42 PM.

Try Leaptrade.com, it's pretty good! - tinyurl.com/pf5rqp3

#3231 jay_remedy   Mila Kunis > Banned   6791 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

jay_remedy

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:32 PM

Okay, you guys were scaring me. I sent in 9 PS1 games and 1 PS2 game for about $185 in credit, all complete, but they still haven't finished processing. Knowing all the denials have been cart games makes me feel better but I'm still wary that they're going to cancel it since it seemed to have been a mistake that they were offering trade in values that high.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#3232 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   48202 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:33 PM

Only thing of mine that I have pending is an Xbox game. Everything else between GBA, GC and Xbox has paid out without any issue.

If NorAm decided to stop paying out what appears to be incorrect TIVs, it seems a little late to the party.

#3233 Friend of Sonic   Toneman.org coming soon.. CAGiversary!   10041 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Friend of Sonic

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:40 PM

It's absolutely bizarre that they're deciding to crackdown on the cart only stuff. I just got three more denials on some N64 games. Not that I'm arguing, but why aren't they cracking the whip on all trades? Do they perceive carts in general having less value, so they're just making a compromise?

#3234 jay_remedy   Mila Kunis > Banned   6791 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

jay_remedy

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:47 PM

Sweet, all mine got accepted, wooo!

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#3235 Toss   @TraderToss CAGiversary!   1536 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:01 PM

It's absolutely bizarre that they're deciding to crackdown on the cart only stuff. I just got three more denials on some N64 games. Not that I'm arguing, but why aren't they cracking the whip on all trades? Do they perceive carts in general having less value, so they're just making a compromise?

I do feel like not having a barcode to scan and needing to actually check the function of a cart on a game console is adding to its problems. Disc evaluation is just visual and quick, and a barcode on a case is easily verified. I can't imagine the mountain of carts to check that have been mailed to them in the last 2 weeks .

Try Leaptrade.com, it's pretty good! - tinyurl.com/pf5rqp3

#3236 An Orange Cat   Pet My Fur CAGiversary!   892 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

An Orange Cat

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:06 PM

My Dead Space 2 was rejected for $10.xx. They marked it as acceptable. The only thing wrong was a little glue on the UPC from being a used BB game.

#3237 Friend of Sonic   Toneman.org coming soon.. CAGiversary!   10041 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Friend of Sonic

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:13 PM

I do feel like not having a barcode to scan and needing to actually check the function of a cart on a game console is adding to its problems. Disc evaluation is just visual and quick, and a barcode on a case is easily verified. I can't imagine the mountain of carts to check that have been mailed to them in the last 2 weeks .

You're right, I think. In theory, there may not have even been any communication about the TIV screw up, or maybe they know of it, but worked out an arrangement with Amazon since Amazon had the screw up. Maybe the workers sound the gigantic pile of games to test and said, "fuck this" and mailed them back out.

But really, who knows for sure.

#3238 Vigilante   CAG is the Key CAGiversary!   34951 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:29 PM

I got another $37.80, though not for anything related to the inflated TIVs--this was for two :ps3: copies of Battlefield 3, where I got each copy for $9.99 from BBY thanks to two @Gamer coupons. ;)

Based on all the rejection-talk, I suppose I should be concerned about the cart-only Cabela's Big Game Hunter (GBA), Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance (GBA), and Dragon Warrior III (GBC) that have yet to process. I'll hope for the best, though. :D

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ds: Dragon Quest VI :ps4: HM: Project Diva X; N.E.R.O.; Resident Evil 0 :vita: Metrico; Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir; Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games:  :ps3: LoH: Trails of Cold Steel (4.75/5) :3ds: HM: Project Mirai DX (4.0/5)

So the moral of the story is Vig is awesome; all glory to the master flipper.

hey im high on pine needle smell and have no clue what im doing

#3239 jer7583   only 5 can ladder CAGiversary!   12158 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:41 PM

So, I have 3 "wrong item" rejections so far on a shipment that i stated "do not return" but they returned anyway. It tries to say that it was the "wrong condition" but instead of giving the lower amount, they just returned it and then claimed it was the wrong item.

Is it worth calling amazon on this? will they credit the amount?

It makes no sense to say that the item was incorrect condition, and then also that it was the wrong item and return it.

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#3240 jer7583   only 5 can ladder CAGiversary!   12158 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:44 PM

You're more than welcome to get pissed off because it _is_ a copout, but this is exactly why I tried to put so many disclaimers in front of this before people started sending stuff in. Amazon a while back added an explicit clause in their trade-in rules that basically states that they can deny stuff for any reason or no reason at all whenever they like. It sucks for sure, but the unwieldy monster that is the random tiv generator script they use has bitten them on the ass so many times (look at the 2nd post to see the amazing $500 dvd box set trade) that I can't really blame them for not wanting to pay $30 for a cartridge I picked up at the thrift store for $0.50.

What amazon needs to do is outright state that they are rejecting the items based on trade in values being too high or recieving too many of that item in a short time span - this "wrong item" bullshit just makes people upset and makes it look like they think they can just lie and we can't do anything about it.

Be honest and tell people you don't want to pay $30 for any more mario is missing carts, and people will understand.

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC