- - - - -

Official Amazon Trade-In FAQ 4.0 - READ 1st POST

#3241 Wrencrest   Fuck Pharmacrest. What an asshole. CAGiversary!   18930 Posts   Joined 8.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:48 PM

What amazon needs to do is outright state that they are rejecting the items based on trade in values being too high or recieving too many of that item in a short time span - this "wrong item" bullshit just makes people upset and makes it look like they think they can just lie and we can't do anything about it.

Be honest and tell people you don't want to pay $30 for any more mario is missing carts, and people will understand.

People will still bitch and moan and complain, but at least it wouldnt be a straight up lie by NorAm.

Wrencrest.png

#3242 MildObstruction   then let my “insanity” be the mother of my betrayal CAGiversary!   16580 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

MildObstruction

Posted 04 October 2012 - 09:51 PM

not that anyone will necessary listen to me, but here's my take on contacting amazon CS about all this:

don't do it unless you have a legitimate complaint. if your stuff comes back wrecked (or doesn't come back at all) after being rejected, that's probably legitimate. if you don't like that they didn't give you $30 for your duck hunt cartridge, just suck it up. please avoid abusing the goodwill of amazon's customer service and acknowledge that in life you win some and you lose some. My 2c.

MildObstruction.png

#3243 io   ... Super Moderators   24124 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:03 PM

So, is the consensus that it is only cart-only GBA stuff that is coming back? I just mailed 2 complete ones a few days ago (after getting 3 complete ones accepted last week). They are actually nice, decent-values ones, too. They would sell for what they are supposed to be giving me if not a little bit more (and that is on the low-end at eBay - probably higher on Amazon itself). I was hesitant to send them in at all because of that reason alone, actually.

I'm sure as hell glad I decided not to send in my still sealed Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland.

While this one (not mine by the way) hasn't sold, it is currently the cheapest new copy on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item23222df87b

Anyway, the good news is that I did, finally, get my second package (of 4 complete Gamecube games) accepted today. And the big relief there is that they accepted Animal Crossing without the memory card. Since that card had 100's of hours of gameplay on it, I just couldn't part with it. But I'm glad I got $24.20 for the game itself. I'm certainly glad that the other CAG who said he sent his memory card in with his copy didn't screw me up by, in effect, pointing that out ;). But seriously, I doubt any used copies of that game anywhere come with the card. And their "Good" rating is not the same as "Like New" (in which case I would have had to include it). I will add that nearly everything I sent them otherwise is in pretty much "like new" condition since it was all from my personal stash of GBA and GC games.

#3244 Virtua   only 5 can ladder CAGiversary!   12165 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:08 PM

Just got done with a chat rep, who said that they must have been an incorrect edition of the item and i would have to resubmit at the current value.

I'm not upset because there's always no guarantee with these things it's just the kind of backhanded nature of the "wrong item" rejections that irks me. It's not good customer service.

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#3245 Vigilante   CAG is the Key CAGiversary!   34953 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:24 PM

Anyway, the good news is that I did, finally, get my second package (of 4 complete Gamecube games) accepted today. And the big relief there is that they accepted Animal Crossing without the memory card. Since that card had 100's of hours of gameplay on it, I just couldn't part with it. But I'm glad I got $24.20 for the game itself. I'm certainly glad that the other CAG who said he sent his memory card in with his copy didn't screw me up by, in effect, pointing that out ;). But seriously, I doubt any used copies of that game anywhere come with the card. And their "Good" rating is not the same as "Like New" (in which case I would have had to include it). I will add that nearly everything I sent them otherwise is in pretty much "like new" condition since it was all from my personal stash of GBA and GC games.

I also just got my second transaction of 4 GC games (though not at all complete, found at local GSs and purchased with the B2G2 promo) approved, and it included an Acceptable copy of Animal Crossing, along with Bomberman Generation, Smuggler's Run: Warzones, and The Hobbit (all Acceptable).

All in all, $60.85 for ~$12 GS credit is pretty sweet. ;) ...And I'm now up to ~$410 in GC credit (which doesn't include what I've spent paying off my Virtue's Last Reward, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind Manga Boxset, and Hyrule Historia preorders, as well as the Like New Midnight Purple 3DS I found for my brother in the Marketplace for $123.98!). :hot:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ds: Dragon Quest VI :ps4: HM: Project Diva X; N.E.R.O.; Resident Evil 0 :vita: Metrico; Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir; Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games:  :ps3: LoH: Trails of Cold Steel (4.75/5) :3ds: HM: Project Mirai DX (4.0/5)

So the moral of the story is Vig is awesome; all glory to the master flipper.

hey im high on pine needle smell and have no clue what im doing

#3246 kintanos   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   334 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:33 PM

So, is the consensus that it is only cart-only GBA stuff that is coming back? I just mailed 2 complete ones a few days ago (after getting 3 complete ones accepted last week). They are actually nice, decent-values ones, too. They would sell for what they are supposed to be giving me if not a little bit more (and that is on the low-end at eBay - probably higher on Amazon itself). I was hesitant to send them in at all because of that reason alone, actually.

It might just be GBA stuff in general. Or at least the games that shouldn't have that high of a value. I got my complete games in great condition rejected for wrong item even though its not. I also said not to return and to downgrade, but they returned anyways. So they either got too many, or are rejecting most of them due to them not wanting to pay the higher values.

#3247 io   ... Super Moderators   24124 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:37 PM

^ OK, well, we'll see what happens with my mint/complete (and somewhat valuable) GBA games I just mailed the other day. The advantage of super-slow UPS shipping is that maybe by the time these get there they will think they are done with all the rejections and take them at that point. Yeah, probably not - but who knows. Or if they realize what they have maybe they will take them since they are, actually, worth something. Again, yeah, who am I kidding...

I also just got my second transaction of 4 GC games (though not at all complete, found at local GSs and purchased with the B2G2 promo) approved, and it included an Acceptable copy of Animal Crossing, along with Bomberman Generation, Smuggler's Run: Warzones, and The Hobbit (all Acceptable).

All in all, $60.85 for ~$12 GS credit is pretty sweet. ;)

It was my intention to scour a few GS stores to see if I could send in their copies instead of my pristine ones. But I never did that (even though I even went a few times for other things - just forgot about looking at GC stuff). Finally, yesterday, I was at one that has some GC games and their selection was utter crap. The only game I saw in there that had a decent values was Kirby Air Ride and it was in a generic case and I would have probably been horrified by the disc condition ;). I sent my mint one instead.

I'm really hoping that a few of these Gamecube games become VC games on the Wii U if not the next Nintendo system. That was sort of what I counted on when sending some of these games that I had a hard time parting with (like Kirby Air Ride, Luigi's Mansion, Star Fox Assault, Mario Party 4, etc).

Another game I almost sent in but then realized was woth more for me to sell myself was Shadow the Hedgehog (Gamecube). They were giving $20 for it and my copy was still sealed. Their value for it now is a whopping $1.45. I just got an email that my copy sold on the Amazon Marketplace for $59. :bouncy:

So yeah, here's to my habit of purchasing tons of games and then never getting around to playing them - paid off in this case at least. I'm pretty sure I got that on clearance at Fred Meyer for $10-$15 tops.

#3248 suko_32   (soo-koh-32) - noun CAGiversary!   6475 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:42 PM

Everything went through fine except for one that's still in processing; Super Street Fighter II (SNES) which is the only Pre-GC/PS2/Xbox game in there. I did include both the box and manual. We'll see what happens.
MGO: LiquidCake

#3249 vantheman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1168 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:04 PM

My N64 games they received on Monday still are still not in processing. Is that unusual?

#3250 Eggplant_Wizard   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1415 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Eggplant_Wizard

Posted 04 October 2012 - 11:59 PM

Sent Metroid II and Metroid Fusion carts and manuals in as acceptable condition and got credit for both just now.

#3251 slowdive21   PUT SOME RESPECK ON MY NAME CAGiversary!   12155 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:03 AM

1 more credit and 1 more rejection for 'severe damage' for one of my ps1 games.

I believe they are working off a list because my first golden eye went trough and my second was 'wrong item'.

#3252 Indigo_Streetlight   East Coast Scum CAGiversary!   3538 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Indigo_Streetlight

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:34 AM

It's absolutely bizarre that they're deciding to crackdown on the cart only stuff. I just got three more denials on some N64 games. Not that I'm arguing, but why aren't they cracking the whip on all trades? Do they perceive carts in general having less value, so they're just making a compromise?

I remember Noram being funny about cart-only trades last year when I was sending in n64 Perfect Dark games for $4 each. I have a feeling they only keep the best ones and reject the rest when they become oversupplied. Still, it really doesn't make any sense considering their fondness for beat-to-hell ps1 discs...
The Asylum leads the eyes of those pursued by gaming madness...

#3253 Virtua   only 5 can ladder CAGiversary!   12165 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:31 AM

I remember Noram being funny about cart-only trades last year when I was sending in n64 Perfect Dark games for $4 each. I have a feeling they only keep the best ones and reject the rest when they become oversupplied. Still, it really doesn't make any sense considering their fondness for beat-to-hell ps1 discs...

ps1 discs can be buffed out, carts are carts.

#3254 Doomstink   AUTOBOT CAGiversary!   2142 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:32 AM

All my cart only stuff was denied, including a $1 game - yet they upgraded my disc only Blast Lacrosse from Acceptable ($21) to Good ($30). I'm not understanding the logic here.

I'm probably going to call customer service and complain since the reasons were totally bogus - "Incorrect edition" on games that only had one edition (Ristar and Quest 64).

#3255 Virtua   only 5 can ladder CAGiversary!   12165 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:37 AM

I'm pretty sure customer service is in on it, you won't get much and risk the infamous amazon account ban for complaining too much.

Just take it as you win some, you lose some. These rediculous TIVs are totally YMMV with amazon, that's part of the deal.

On the plus side a few more were accepted today, still a lot sitting in processing, probably not sure if they want them yet.

#3256 NikeElite50   12121212121 CAGiversary!   102 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

NikeElite50

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:40 AM

Sent in some Gamecube games. All of the disc only got accepted at "acceptable" and all the complete ones at "good." It's strange though, I sent two of them in without manuals and they got accepted as good. I've had every single one up until this point without manuals get downgraded to acceptable or sent back. Hmmmmm

#3257 YoshiFan1   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9705 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:45 AM

After hearing that Pokemon Stadium without the transfer pack was getting rejected, I thought for sure Seaman for Dreamcast I sent in would get rejected without a microphone. Not only did they accept it, they changed it from acceptable to good.

#3258 NikeElite50   12121212121 CAGiversary!   102 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

NikeElite50

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:50 AM

My Pokemon Stadium went through fine as acceptable, even had writing all over it. This stuff is so random.

#3259 ken9   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   405 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:52 AM

Lol. Wtf. This is ridiculous. Did you tell the CS that it wasn't a book?

Yeah, story short she ended up crediting me $20 'promotional credit' for the trouble/confusion. Most ridiculous conversation I've ever had with a CS rep >_>.

#3260 Doomstink   AUTOBOT CAGiversary!   2142 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:55 AM

I'm pretty sure customer service is in on it, you won't get much and risk the infamous amazon account ban for complaining too much.

I'm pretty happy with what I've got but I've heard of scenarios in the past where people have gotten the quoted TIVs by calling. Someone I know managed to get the $270 trade in value for Dream, Dance, Cheer on Wii by complaining to customer service.

It'd be a different scenario if they said the item was damaged, "incorrect edition" is totally false in every way.

Studio Head at Mighty Rabbit Studios and Owner of Limited Run Games

#3261 io   ... Super Moderators   24124 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:47 AM

Yes, but since we aren't sending the magical gold-plated $30 versions of these games I guess they are by default "incorrect edition" ;).

#3262 Eggplant_Wizard   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1415 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Eggplant_Wizard

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:20 AM

My shipping label is a broken image when I try to print it. Anyone else having that issue?

#3263 Toss   @TraderToss CAGiversary!   1536 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:28 AM

Yup me too! (phew I thought it was just me, or that they had stopped giving access to expired ship date labels ;)) I guess I'll do it tomorrow. As far a GC games from Gamestop, I found most of the gems by having them print out a list of their inventory. There are ALWAYS more games in yellow sleeves than there are display cases. I did find a couple cheap and complete Buffy vampire slayer XBOX and a complete psx Frogger today. 90 more bucks booyah!

Try Leaptrade.com, it's pretty good! - tinyurl.com/pf5rqp3

#3264 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   48204 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:59 AM

My last single item credited this evening, so I've not had any issues or any rejections. 100% success rate with 40-something items.

#3265 JUSTSULTAN   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   694 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

JUSTSULTAN

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:24 AM

ok silly question but i would appreciate any help, how do you guys find out where it says the reason for not accepting your trade in? I have two xbox games (Rollercoaster Tycoon and cant remember the other one) that are being sent back and i know for sure they where mint. Thanks!

#3266 NiiNJA   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   230 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:31 AM

on your trade in page where it says returned/unacceptable to the right of the denied game there's a link that says incorrect condition or something of the sort. click on that and it will tell you.

#3267 JUSTSULTAN   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   694 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

JUSTSULTAN

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:37 AM

on your trade in page where it says returned/unacceptable to the right of the denied game there's a link that says incorrect condition or something of the sort. click on that and it will tell you.

Thanks!

#3268 ckc4043   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1982 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:15 AM

Does Amazon accept gamefly chipped but playable disc?

Thank you

#3269 io   ... Super Moderators   24124 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:23 AM

Does Amazon accept gamefly chipped but playable disc?

Thank you

I don't think anyone can answer this for you. They might or they might not. As you can see from reading through the thread stuff is taken or not taken rather randomly.

#3270 Arakias   Inferior Potassium CAGiversary!   3627 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:49 AM

I had two NES cart only games rejected. Mario 2 and Mario 3. The Mario 3 was in a trade with another Mario 3 that was accepted however. None of my GBA games were rejected. Prob doesn't help anyone but just felt like talking in case anyone cared.