- - - - -

Official Amazon Trade-In FAQ 4.0 - READ 1st POST

#3301 ragingst0rm6   Savior, Conquerer, Hero, Villain. CAGiversary!   2167 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

ragingst0rm6

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:34 AM

Wrapped and bubble wrap and put into large ziplock bag with packing slip and then put in a little Amazon cardboard box.

It makes no damn sense. The package got damaged somewhere within 3 hours driving distance from my home. I'm upset and not sure what to do at this point.

Better contact UPS to see what can be done. Logically, the damaged one should be returned back to you, but it sounds like it's been some time since the damage occurred?

Also, aren't UPS packages all covered by $100 insurance automatically? Maybe that's something to look into as well.

#3302 Mikocouch   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   942 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:35 AM

it is me or now there are not so many 15-30$ trades anymore? :/

lol

#3303 ponn01   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   417 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:07 AM

Yes those won't work. All old labels, even ones within the normal printing time limit won't work for me, only new ones I do today. I tried it on explorer and chrome.

So yea, what is the workaround for this? Can I use an old packing slip with a new UPS label then? I have a trade in I want to ship tomorrow but I can't create a new transaction because a couple of the items have dropped in value.

#3304 suko_32   (soo-koh-32) - noun CAGiversary!   6475 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:17 AM

Well, they accepted my Super Street Fighter 2 SNES for 30 so all my trades were accepted.
MGO: LiquidCake

#3305 MildObstruction   then let my “insanity” be the mother of my betrayal CAGiversary!   16571 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

MildObstruction

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:23 AM

Wrapped and bubble wrap and put into large ziplock bag with packing slip and then put in a little Amazon cardboard box.

It makes no damn sense. The package got damaged somewhere within 3 hours driving distance from my home. I'm upset and not sure what to do at this point.

If I remember right with a damaged or undelivered shipment if you contact amazon they'll have you wait the requisite 25 days or whatever and then they'll either pay out or try to get you to work with ups. I'd get the ball rolling now though.

MildObstruction.png

#3306 QSilverTwo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   510 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

QSilverTwo

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:37 AM

So yea, what is the workaround for this? Can I use an old packing slip with a new UPS label then? I have a trade in I want to ship tomorrow but I can't create a new transaction because a couple of the items have dropped in value.

That should be fine as it is what I did yesterday. Since you're shipping out past the 7 days anyway, it's not like the correct/original tracking number for your trade-in will do any good with regards to evidence if your trade happens to expire before being processed. So, yes, just be sure to include the original packing slip with the all important, trade-in specific bar code!

#3307 Eggplant_Wizard   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1409 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Eggplant_Wizard

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:28 AM

I couldn't get a label to print, but clicking on the add another label button worked.

#3308 Devil May Cry   Witty remark CAGiversary!   2773 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Devil May Cry

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:42 AM

My roommate just came up to me and gave me back some N64 games I let him borrow a long time ago. Totally forgot about them. Goldeneye was one of them :cry:

#3309 ckc4043   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1982 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:50 AM

Does amazon accept chipped but playable disc

#3310 ProfessorStotch   Whatever happened, happened CAGiversary!   13428 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

ProfessorStotch

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:46 AM

Woot! Earthbound is $30! Luckily I still have the box and guide so I should get full credit.

ProfessorStotch.png

#3311 io   ... Super Moderators   24117 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:50 AM

Woot! Earthbound is $30! Luckily I still have the box and guide so I should get full credit.

While that may seem silly (I assume you are joking) we should all be glad they have that $30 maximum implemented for most games. Their automatic pricing system used to come up with completely wacky values ($60-$200 or more) for games when they were high-priced on the Amazon Marketplace but weren't necessarily worth much anywhere else. They were way more likely to reject stuff for bogus reasons when that was the case. At least with a lot of these recent "glitched" games $30 isn't too far off the real value and that's why most of them have been accepted.

#3312 Devil May Cry   Witty remark CAGiversary!   2773 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Devil May Cry

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:13 AM

Not really the right place to ask this, but you guys all seem to know Amazon policies pretty well. Is there any way to cash out my gift card balance? I'm trying to save for something (that I can't buy on Amazon) and I'd prefer to have that in my savings. I just can't find any decent way to do it besides buying GS gift cards and selling them. Anybody know some tricks?

#3313 Arakias   Inferior Potassium CAGiversary!   3627 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:22 PM

^ Nope! Unless you buy items you then resell for cash.

#3314 myka22   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   662 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:10 PM

You can't be serious, you could sell that for like $200.

Currently Playing: Killer Instinct, Ryse.

#3315 Vigilante   CAG is the Key CAGiversary!   34920 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:48 PM

Hey:

You can't be serious, you could sell that for like $200.

^The man speaks the truth.

...Of course, I could take it off your hands for $40...:lol:

On-topic, I'm getting worried about the cart-only Cabela's Big Game Hunter (GBA) that's still "Processing" because four days from now (10/10) marks 25 days from when I created the trade-in transaction, and it's been sitting at AFS for 10 days now (according to the tracker). I doubt they'll process anything over the weekend and Columbus Day is on Monday, so there's really only one business day on which it could go through. I'm contemplating contacting Amazon's CS on Tuesday evening if nothing happens by then.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: HM: Project Mirai DX :ps4: HM: Project Diva X; N.E.R.O.; Resident Evil 0 :vita: Metrico; Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir; Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games:  :ps3: LoH: Trails of Cold Steel (4.75/5) :vita: Zero Time Dilemma (4.5/5)

So the moral of the story is Vig is awesome; all glory to the master flipper.

hey im high on pine needle smell and have no clue what im doing

#3316 slowdive21   PUT SOME RESPECK ON MY NAME CAGiversary!   12145 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:33 PM

Hey:

^The man speaks the truth.

...Of course, I could take it off your hands for $40...:lol:

On-topic, I'm getting worried about the cart-only Cabela's Big Game Hunter (GBA) that's still "Processing" because four days from now (10/10) marks 25 days from when I created the trade-in transaction, and it's been sitting at AFS for 10 days now (according to the tracker). I doubt they'll process anything over the weekend and Columbus Day is on Monday, so there's really only one business day on which it could go through. I'm contemplating contacting Amazon's CS on Tuesday evening if nothing happens by then.

My copy got returned as wrong item. It was in my first batch of rejections.

Spoiler

#3317 Vigilante   CAG is the Key CAGiversary!   34920 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:37 PM

Spoiler

Well, that doesn't exactly fill me with hope. :cry:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: HM: Project Mirai DX :ps4: HM: Project Diva X; N.E.R.O.; Resident Evil 0 :vita: Metrico; Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir; Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games:  :ps3: LoH: Trails of Cold Steel (4.75/5) :vita: Zero Time Dilemma (4.5/5)

#3318 Velo214   Chilln like a Villain CAGiversary!   8434 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:41 PM

yeah iv got that earthbound complete also. $30 is way low. i still havnt even scratched the sheet of scratch n sniff cards. real authentic smells ;)

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#3319 slowdive21   PUT SOME RESPECK ON MY NAME CAGiversary!   12145 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:46 PM

I'm getting depressed looking at my pic. That is $135+ in credit I missed out on. Not counting the PSone ($60 minimum) and power rangers ($25+), pokemon stadium, and whatever else they are returning. :cry:

#3320 Friend of Sonic   Toneman.org coming soon.. CAGiversary!   10041 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Friend of Sonic

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:09 PM

Not really the right place to ask this, but you guys all seem to know Amazon policies pretty well. Is there any way to cash out my gift card balance? I'm trying to save for something (that I can't buy on Amazon) and I'd prefer to have that in my savings. I just can't find any decent way to do it besides buying GS gift cards and selling them. Anybody know some tricks?

My plan is using the credit on Wii U system(s), should Amazon wind up selling them. WORSE case scenario is you break even, I can't imagine them selling less than MSRP. Hopefully they're in demand and you can make a little cheddar on top.

#3321 Toss   @TraderToss CAGiversary!   1536 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:16 PM

Spoiler

I guess I should be happy I focused my flipping on disc based games. I did pick up a few goozex 100 pt cart games I can toss. I had most of my valuable gba and n64 accepted early in my first few submissions. Still hard to believe Amazon paid out as much as they did

Try Leaptrade.com, it's pretty good! - tinyurl.com/pf5rqp3

#3322 Velo214   Chilln like a Villain CAGiversary!   8434 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

if it makes you feel better i was a day late for locking in trades for 10 games for $300 i havnt touched in 5-7 years. oh wellz. i snooze i lose.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#3323 Toss   @TraderToss CAGiversary!   1536 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

Yeah Velo we can't win them all ....but we win our share ;)

Try Leaptrade.com, it's pretty good! - tinyurl.com/pf5rqp3

#3324 QSilverTwo   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   510 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

QSilverTwo

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:39 AM

So how many days exactly are you guys having to wait from the day your trade is delivered to when you finally get the amazon gift card payment? I hope it isn't much more than a week because several of my trades will expire by then.

#3325 Vigilante   CAG is the Key CAGiversary!   34920 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:43 AM

So how many days exactly are you guys having to wait from the day your trade is delivered to when you finally get the amazon gift card payment? I hope it isn't much more than a week because several of my trades will expire by then.

When you mean "expired", do you mean that it will be past the "Send by" date on the printed-out shipping label or past 25 days since you created the trade-in? If it's the former, you don't have to worry, but if it's the latter, you might have to contact Amazon Customer Service.

As for how long it takes, it varies, though I'd say about 4-7 days is the average for me, depending on when I dropped off a trade-in for UPS to ship (e.g., on a Friday evening so it wouldn't get delivered until Monday morning, on another weekday evening so it wouldn't get delivered until the next morning, on a weekday morning so it would get delivered later that day, etc.).

Cloud_Squall78.png

#3326 ken9   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   405 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:43 PM

Should I be worried that a lot of my items are still being 'processed'? Some of my stuff has already been approved/returned but it just seems kinda odd :/

#3327 Vigilante   CAG is the Key CAGiversary!   34920 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:58 PM

Should I be worried that a lot of my items are still being 'processed'? Some of my stuff has already been approved/returned but it just seems kinda odd :/

Nope, just be patient. You should only start worrying if they're still "Processing" closer to 25 days after you created the trade-ins.

Cloud_Squall78.png

#3328 ckc4043   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1982 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:52 PM

Does amazon accept gamefly chipped but playable disc?

#3329 Yars   I'd buy that for a dollar! CAGiversary!   2900 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

Does amazon accept gamefly chipped but playable disc?

This was posted earlier.

Just to share, I've been trading in to Amazon since forever and just today got my first rejection. It was a stupid Gamefly PS3 disc with chipped edges (no scratches). I thought PS3 discs would hold up better than Xbox ones, but I guess PS3 renters like to play with their discs. No more Gamefly purchases from me.

#3330 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 4.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:00 PM

Nope, just be patient. You should only start worrying if they're still "Processing" closer to 25 days after you created the trade-ins.

vigilante, i send my stuff about 1 week ago, on the amazon tracking status, it said item is delievered on 10/3/2012, but under Transaction Status: Not Yet Received/In Transit. is that normal