- - - - -

Official Amazon Trade-In FAQ 4.0 - READ 1st POST

#3331 chssnaredrum04   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   130 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

chssnaredrum04

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:03 PM

vigilante, i send my stuff about 1 week ago, on the amazon tracking status, it said item is delievered on 10/3/2012, but under Transaction Status: Not Yet Received/In Transit. is that normal

same thing here.
i traded in a game and it was delivered way before the shipping deadline even passed and it still shows up as "not yet received/in transit."
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3332 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:08 PM

same thing here.
i traded in a game and it was delivered way before the shipping deadline even passed and it still shows up as "not yet received/in transit."

i had never experienced something like this before, i have traded many times to amazon. i am getting really scared, especially the other package i send with it 1 week ago, was already verified/ credited for on 10/2/2012.

#3333 vantheman   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1167 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:25 PM

same thing here.

Same, I mentioned this earlier as well. Talked to customer service and they told me it was processing. As long as others are affected, I'm not as worried.

#3334 Vigilante   CAG is the Key CAGiversary!   34952 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:43 PM

vigilante, i send my stuff about 1 week ago, on the amazon tracking status, it said item is delievered on 10/3/2012, but under Transaction Status: Not Yet Received/In Transit. is that normal

same thing here.

Same, I mentioned this earlier as well. Talked to customer service and they told me it was processing. As long as others are affected, I'm not as worried.

To all of you, if this is like what happened with two of my trade-ins, you have nothing to worry about:

I dropped off three trade-ins for UPS to deliver and all three were received on the same day but only one was described as "Processing". For a week I was worried that I wouldn't get credit for the other two games because they were still "Not Yet Received", but about a day or so after the "Processing" trade-in went through, I received confirmation emails for the other two saying that they went through, as well. So they were there all along, but someone forgot to change the status from "Not Yet Received" to "Processing".

I'll say it again: Just be patient. Breathe in, breathe out, and relax. Only panic if nothing changes between now and 25 days after you created the trade-in(s). :)

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ds: Dragon Quest VI :ps4: HM: Project Diva X; N.E.R.O.; Resident Evil 0 :vita: Metrico; Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir; Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games:  :ps3: LoH: Trails of Cold Steel (4.75/5) :3ds: HM: Project Mirai DX (4.0/5)

So the moral of the story is Vig is awesome; all glory to the master flipper.

hey im high on pine needle smell and have no clue what im doing

#3335 YBX87   CAGiversary! Banned   14405 Posts   Joined 4.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:45 PM

To all of you, if this is like what happened with two of my trade-ins, you have nothing to worry about:

I dropped off three trade-ins for UPS to deliver and all three were received on the same day but only one was described as "Processing". For a week I was worried that I wouldn't get credit for the other two games because they were still "Not Yet Received", but about a day or so after the "Processing" trade-in went through, I received confirmation emails for the other two saying that they went through, as well. So they were there all along, but someone forgot to change the status from "Not Yet Received" to "Processing".

I'll say it again: Just be patient. Breathe in, breathe out, and relax. Only panic if nothing changes between now and 25 days after you created the trade-ins(s). :)

ok, thanks for speedy reply.

#3336 Vigilante   CAG is the Key CAGiversary!   34952 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 October 2012 - 11:48 PM

ok, thanks for speedy reply.

No prob. ;)

I just used a spreadsheet to total the Amazon credit I've gotten these last few weeks, and...I think I'm having trouble breathing:

$912.00
:hot::hot::hot::hot::hot:

*hyperventilates*

Note that in terms of profit, I have to factor in the money I spent acquiring some of the games I traded in, about $150, which still leaves ~$760! \\:D/
...And I'm still waiting on another ~$140 before I'm all done. :shock:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ds: Dragon Quest VI :ps4: HM: Project Diva X; N.E.R.O.; Resident Evil 0 :vita: Metrico; Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir; Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games:  :ps3: LoH: Trails of Cold Steel (4.75/5) :3ds: HM: Project Mirai DX (4.0/5)

#3337 MildObstruction   then let my “insanity” be the mother of my betrayal CAGiversary!   16579 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

MildObstruction

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:27 AM

No prob. ;)

I just used a spreadsheet to total the Amazon credit I've gotten these last few weeks, and...I think I'm having trouble breathing:

$912.00
:hot::hot::hot::hot::hot:

*hyperventilates*

Note that in terms of profit, I have to factor in the money I spent acquiring some of the games I traded in, about $150, which still leaves ~$760! \\:D/
...And I'm still waiting on another ~$140 before I'm all done. :shock:

Yeah, I think after all the dust settles lots of folks will want to strut their crazy totals. After we've gotten it out of our systems it'll be new thread time. This has definitely been the nuttiest run I've ever seen with amazon since the promo/no 2x limit days. I miss the promos, they were fun.

MildObstruction.png

#3338 itsoverninethousand   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   90 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

itsoverninethousand

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:04 AM

There's no way he's paying taxes.

Please, that dude is an upstanding citizen. He will do the right thing. Give us CAG's come credit.

#3339 naucratis   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   37 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

naucratis

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:29 PM

"You can have my Amazon credit when you pry it

from my cold dead hands". :roll:

#3340 jer7583   only 5 can ladder CAGiversary!   12158 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:37 PM

Give me "acceptable" condition, or give me death!

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#3341 needler420   car title is lost CAGiversary!   2229 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:23 PM

My last package of doom 64 and super mario land was accepted for $42.

I also got a $10 amazon promo based on using my own shipping carrier on a game that was rejected.

I should of locked in a few more I had. Could have had about another $100 in credit but I'm happy with what I got out of it.

My doom64 was missing a huge chunk of the back label. It was a double so i purposely sent in the copy in worse condition only to fear rejections after. I can't beleive they accepted that game but rejected goldeneye 007 for marked for resale because it had a property of blockbuster label.

needler420.png

#3342 soxxx   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   864 Posts   Joined 4.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:27 PM

For gba games did you need the box it came in? I had 5 games that were going for 30 each. I just never submitted it cuz I wasnt home....

#3343 needler420   car title is lost CAGiversary!   2229 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2012 - 03:28 PM

For gba games did you need the box it came in? I had 5 games that were going for 30 each. I just never submitted it cuz I wasnt home....

Yeah for $30 you need the box. Loose cart is $21 TIV.

That's just a general consenus thing though apparently people have got rejections from all sorts of things. A lot of it is amazon doing anything they can not to honor such a high TIV.

needler420.png

#3344 perfectsil   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   271 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

perfectsil

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:22 PM

anybody else has problems printing their UPS shipping labels? I have a trade in supposed to be submitted by today, but the shipping label is a blank picture.

#3345 Yars   I'd buy that for a dollar! CAGiversary!   2900 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:30 PM

anybody else has problems printing their UPS shipping labels? I have a trade in supposed to be submitted by today, but the shipping label is a blank picture.

Do you have an ad blocker running?

#3346 guyver2077   CAG Original CAGiversary!   15920 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

guyver2077

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:11 PM

i got my last trade in credit today... was stuck in processing for a few days but glad to see i got the credit even though i shipped a little late

1080i is for douchebags

#3347 The Holy Pretzle   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1828 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

The Holy Pretzle

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:15 PM

I had put some separate trade-ins in the same box (6 into 3 boxes, so 2 each), and I was worried they were somehow lost because of that (knew there was a risk), but they've just been received and entered processing (except for Donkey/Diddy Kong Racing), but I'm very relieved I didn't miss out on $30 for my Metal Gear Solid 1's (I guess I shouldn't speak so soon).

#3348 Friend of Sonic   Toneman.org coming soon.. CAGiversary!   10041 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Friend of Sonic

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:35 PM

i got my last trade in credit today... was stuck in processing for a few days but glad to see i got the credit even though i shipped a little late

Good, I was hoping they didn't get Columbus Day off.

Everything I have left is in processing. Hoping for a profitable holiday!
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#3349 irishsoccermbw   User was banned for this post CAGiversary!   6166 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

irishsoccermbw

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:52 PM

Just had my last package (1 GBA game, cart only) credited today.

Edited by shrike4242, 08 October 2012 - 08:08 PM.

#3350 Pookymeister   I like almonds Super Moderators   15331 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Pookymeister

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:38 PM

Got my last package of 4 GC games processed for $113. Took a few days longer than the other ones (and shipped after prices went down) so was a little worried, but all is well.

#3351 jer7583   only 5 can ladder CAGiversary!   12158 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:49 PM

Received my Mario is missing, tetrisphere, and rat attack back today. They used the same box, with no padding, and the stickers on the carts said "unauthorized copy" as if they were bootlegs. Lol. Whatever amazon, apparently you think your customers are idiots and its okay to lie to them. Just make a misc rejection with no reason given or admit the values were too high.

TRASH PANIC iLdJv6N.png TRASH PANIC

#3352 Vigilante   CAG is the Key CAGiversary!   34952 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:56 PM

Maybe I should contact a CS rep. via chat tonight regarding my pending-for-15-days Cabela's Big Game Hunter trade-in instead of waiting until tomorrow (10/10 marks 25 days since I created the trade-in) since some of you are having trade-ins processed...

Cloud_Squall78.png

#3353 slowdive21   PUT SOME RESPECK ON MY NAME CAGiversary!   12154 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:59 PM

Maybe I should contact a CS rep. via chat tonight regarding my pending-for-15-days Cabela's Big Game Hunter trade-in instead of waiting until tomorrow (10/10 marks 25 days since I created the trade-in) since some of you are having trade-ins processed...

I have 2 old ones too. DBZ II on GBA and something else I sent with game that have already been rejected and sent back. I did get one of my 'newer games processed today, but it seems like they are piled up and just taking whatever came in. I still have 10 or so games pending.

#3354 io   ... Super Moderators   24124 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:03 PM

Yay, the 4 games I sent in on my wife's account finally got credited (nearly $90 for 4 Gamecube games). Now she can blow all that credit on ephemeral Kindle stuff ;).

On my account I'm still waiting on 3 more packages. Two have been delivered (with one processing since Oct. 4th) and one has been sitting in Hodgkins, IL since the 2am on the 5th, apparently.

#3355 blcklblskt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   217 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

blcklblskt

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:07 PM

I'm waiting on two final packages to go through. They arrived on the 5th, so I still have some time to go.

#3356 Toss   @TraderToss CAGiversary!   1536 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:54 PM

Yay, the 4 games I sent in on my wife's account finally got credited (nearly $90 for 4 Gamecube games). Now she can blow all that credit on ephemeral Kindle stuff ;).

The cheapass in me has yet to pay for any digital downloads. I couldn't do it even with flip profits.

Edited by io, 08 October 2012 - 11:18 PM.

Try Leaptrade.com, it's pretty good! - tinyurl.com/pf5rqp3

#3357 io   ... Super Moderators   24124 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:20 PM

The cheapass in me has yet to pay for any digital downloads. I couldn't do it even with flip profits.

Yeah, it pains me, too - especially since she ran out of credit recently and we actually had our credit card charged for that stuff (the horror!). But as long as there's trade-in credit I don't mind too much. She loves her Kindle. Fortunately (for me) her Kindle broke a few months back. She finally just got around to getting it replaced, though - so the charges are showing up again ;).

#3358 Yamato   not motivated CAGiversary!   3903 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:32 PM

Had a friend who got some of his games rejected (although some were accepted as well) because of 'severe damage' when they were tested and working before being sent out.

First the CS rep claimed that it is up to the merchant whether or not to accept the games and that he couldn't do anything to help, but I guess the CS rep gave him promotional credit after the conversation was over in the amount that he missed out on. It was around $70 or something.

#3359 evanwink   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   197 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:37 PM

All my stuff has finally processed and I'm thrilled. A bit bummed that some things were rejected, but most of them had valid reasons (dead batteries).

I do have a bit of a conundrum, though. I sent Pokemon Blue in on its own transaction, but in a box with two other items. Both the other items were processed and I was credited, but Pok Blue is still marked 'not received'. Sucks, but I should have known better and I could probably get it dealt with. But wait, here is another transaction of mine with a bunch (nine) items. I couldn't find one of them (Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga) when I sent it off, but I got credited for it anyway! Hooray, that balances it out... EXCEPT, I found the damn game before they gave me the credit and I sent it in on its own. So what's going to happen? Will they just send the game back? If so, I'll just call it even and be grateful for the crazy amount of credit I've gotten. If not, I'll be annoyed, but with the crazy amount of credit I've gotten I don't really feel like I can complain. What would you do?

If it matters, all my stuff was sent in from my personal collection. Most of it was easy to part with, with some exceptions (e.g. my very nice MGS and my GBC Zelda carts). And there were a number more things I could (should?) have sent in but chose not to send off.

#3360 evanwink   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   197 Posts   Joined 6.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:39 PM

Had a friend who got some of his games rejected (although some were accepted as well) because of 'severe damage' when they were tested and working before being sent out.

First the CS rep claimed that it is up to the merchant whether or not to accept the games and that he couldn't do anything to help, but I guess the CS rep gave him promotional credit after the conversation was over in the amount that he missed out on. It was around $70 or something.

That's what was listed on mine that had dead batteries. Hopefully that wasn't the case with your friend, because that is actually a valid reason (even if mis-labelled by them) and no one should get credit in that case.