- - - - -

Official Amazon Trade-In FAQ 4.0 - READ 1st POST

#3361 io   ... Super Moderators   24123 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:40 PM

If it matters, all my stuff was sent in from my personal collection. Most of it was easy to part with, with some exceptions (e.g. my very nice MGS and my GBC Zelda carts). [highlight]And there were a number more things I could (should?) have sent in but chose not to send off[/highlight].

I'm with you there. I should have sent in Starfox Adventures, SSBM, another Mario Party or 2, and a few more GBA games. Glad I kept Mario Sunshine (kids still play it) and Zelda Wind Waker (just cause) though.

#3362 An Orange Cat   Pet My Fur CAGiversary!   892 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

An Orange Cat

Posted 09 October 2012 - 02:43 AM

I received my rejected package today. Too bad they sent me the wrong game lol. They were quick to credit me the full "good" value and let me keep the one I received. Now I'm trading that one in lol.

#3363 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   7135 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:21 AM

A few days ago I posted about my $90 trade in that was reported as "Shipment damaged and will not be delivered." On the UPS tracking page it actually says "Merchandise is missing. UPS will notify the sender with additional details. / All merchandise missing, empty carton was discarded. UPS will notify the sender with details of the damage."

I packed the box perfectly with bubble wrap and put the games in a nice big ziplock bag with more bubble wrap. I used a bunch of the heavy duty scotch shipping tape. There's no reason for this box to get damaged when I dropped off four boxes and the other 3 were delivered fine. I kind of wonder if someone at the UPS sorting facility is tampering with boxes or something. Either that or they threw it out the truck window while speeding down the highway.

Anyway, after a 5 minute phone call with Amazon, they credited me the $90. I'm really impressed with Amazon right now. They made me "a one time exception" like they tell everyone. The $90 shows up as "promotional credit." It's not in my giftcard balance.

Thanks to everyone who offered their advice on this matter. I really appreciate it.

I'm with you there. I should have sent in Starfox Adventures, SSBM, another Mario Party or 2, and a few more GBA games. Glad I kept Mario Sunshine (kids still play it) and Zelda Wind Waker (just cause) though.

Yeah, I didn't end up parting with any of my Mario games. At $30 a piece, they weren't offering a whole lot more than what games like Smash Bros Brawl and Mario Sunshine are actually selling for. I should have at least traded in the Mario Party games and Luigi's Mansion, but I didn't. I'll regret my decision though when Black Friday comes and I don't have money to buy stuff.

I looked all over for my darn Mario Bros 2 NES cartridge. I would have liked to get the $21 credit for it, but I couldn't find it. I bought it for $1.99 at Goodwill a long time ago even though I don't have an NES. I put it somewhere to "air out" because it had a weird smell to it.

At least I got $30 for my "Oddworld" ps1 game I bought at Goodwill for $1.99 a couple months ago. I think $1.99 --> $30 is one of my best ratio flips of all time.;)

I also traded in Resident Evil 1 for gamecube and StarFox Assault for $30 each. Starfox didn't have the manual, but they accepted it as "good" anyway. Maybe because I typed in to "return the item" if it didn't meet the requirements. All in all I received $180 amazon credit today.

#3364 needler420   car title is lost CAGiversary!   2229 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:28 AM

A few days ago I posted about my $90 trade in that was reported as "Shipment damaged and will not be delivered." On the UPS tracking page it actually says "Merchandise is missing. UPS will notify the sender with additional details. / All merchandise missing, empty carton was discarded. UPS will notify the sender with details of the damage."

I packed the box perfectly with bubble wrap and put the games in a nice big ziplock bag with more bubble wrap. I used a bunch of the heavy duty scotch shipping tape. There's no reason for this box to get damaged when I dropped off four boxes and the other 3 were delivered fine. I kind of wonder if someone at the UPS sorting facility is tampering with boxes or something. Either that or they threw it out the truck window while speeding down the highway.

Anyway, after a 5 minute phone call with Amazon, they credited me the $90. I'm really impressed with Amazon right now. They made me "a one time exception" like they tell everyone. The $90 shows up as "promotional credit." It's not in my giftcard balance.

Thanks to everyone who offered their advice on this matter. I really appreciate it.

Yeah, I didn't end up parting with any of my Mario games. At $30 a piece, they weren't offering a whole lot more than what games like Smash Bros Brawl and Mario Sunshine are actually selling for. I should have at least traded in the Mario Party games and Luigi's Mansion, but I didn't. I'll regret my decision though when Black Friday comes and I don't have money to buy stuff.

I looked all over for my darn Mario Bros 2 NES cartridge. I would have liked to get the $21 credit for it, but I couldn't find it. I bought it for $1.99 at Goodwill a long time ago even though I don't have an NES. I put it somewhere to "air out" because it had a weird smell to it.

At least I got $30 for my "Oddworld" ps1 game I bought at Goodwill for $1.99 a couple months ago. I think $1.99 --> $30 is one of my best ratio flips of all time.;)

I also traded in Resident Evil 1 for gamecube and StarFox Assault for $30 each. Starfox didn't have the manual, but they accepted it as "good" anyway. Maybe because I typed in to "return the item" if it didn't meet the requirements. All in all I received $180 amazon credit today.

The reason why they did that was because they are contracted or whatever through UPS. I'm thinking they'd dispute it with UPS if they lost/damaged it in transit.

This is the good reason for using their pre-paid labels and not shipping with your own carrier.

You might say why would anyone even use their own carrier, well I'm a perfect example for me its cheaper to ship USPS then to get to the closest UPS drop box. Problem with that is no security unless you're paying for insurance.

needler420.png

#3365 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   7135 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:31 AM

The reason why they did that was because they are contracted or whatever through UPS. I'm thinking they'd dispute it with UPS if they lost/damaged it in transit.

This is the good reason for using their pre-paid labels and not shipping with your own carrier.

That's interesting. I'm glad Amazon is disputing it instead of me.

#3366 Toss   @TraderToss CAGiversary!   1536 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:48 AM

ohh jeez

Try Leaptrade.com, it's pretty good! - tinyurl.com/pf5rqp3

#3367 io   ... Super Moderators   24123 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:51 AM

^^ whaa?

Anyway, I got a very late in the day (5:30 Pacific) email from Amazon saying that my package (one that has been processing since the 4th) was accepted in full today. That was a very pleasant surprise as I usually get those emails in the morning. Maybe they are working overtime on this somewhat of a holiday (for banks and the post office only) ;).

Edited by io, 11 October 2012 - 07:04 AM.

#3368 Yamato   not motivated CAGiversary!   3903 Posts   Joined 7.8 Years Ago  

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:02 AM

That's what was listed on mine that had dead batteries. Hopefully that wasn't the case with your friend, because that is actually a valid reason (even if mis-labelled by them) and no one should get credit in that case.

You know, I never thought of that. I'll have to ask if he had any games with batteries in them.

#3369 slowdive21   PUT SOME RESPECK ON MY NAME CAGiversary!   12149 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:07 AM

Well, I got another approval (of one of my newest games sent in). I now have over a 'monkey' from these trades.

#3370 edson13   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1472 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:19 AM

That's interesting. I'm glad Amazon is disputing it instead of me.

All UPS packages have complimentary $100 insurance. If UPS admitted fault, amazon got paid the $90,so no reason at all for them not to pay you.

#3371 klimb22   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2466 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:32 AM

What was in the package that didn't make it? Maybe UPS did you a favor as some/all of those games may have been rejected.

#3372 Friend of Sonic   Toneman.org coming soon.. CAGiversary!   10041 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Friend of Sonic

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:35 PM

Mega package had all of its disc games approved for a cool 350. Got about 300 in carts that are still pending, instead of outright being denied. Gives me hope that these carts might actually get approved

#3373 Toss   @TraderToss CAGiversary!   1536 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:24 PM

Me too, my last minute finds and submissions are still being accepted.

#3374 SonictheHedgehog1337   CheapAssGamer4Life CAGiversary!   7135 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

SonictheHedgehog1337

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:24 PM

What was in the package that didn't make it? Maybe UPS did you a favor as some/all of those games may have been rejected.

I wasn't really going to say, but they did do me a favor. I know I would have ended up with $63 downgraded from $90. I sent in 3 cart-only gameboy games. They probably cost me only about a dollar something each when Gamestop was clearancing out their gameboy games a long while back. They were like 75% off I believe. Stack that with the 10% pur discount and you got yourself a pretty sweet price. I bought hundreds of gameboy games but only a few were worth anything during the amazon TIV spike.

#3375 Vigilante   CAG is the Key CAGiversary!   34943 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:33 PM

*sigh* Cabela's Big Game Hunter is still "Processing"... :bomb: And another trade was processed (WWF Attitude - $28.95).

If that hasn't changed by the time I get home tonight, I'm contacting Amazon. For those of you who talked with someone regarding trade-ins, what would be the better method of contact: Phone or live chat?

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ds: Dragon Quest VI :ps4: HM: Project Diva X; N.E.R.O.; Resident Evil 0 :vita: Metrico; Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir; Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games:  :ps3: LoH: Trails of Cold Steel (4.75/5) :3ds: HM: Project Mirai DX (4.0/5)

So the moral of the story is Vig is awesome; all glory to the master flipper.

hey im high on pine needle smell and have no clue what im doing

#3376 MildObstruction   then let my “insanity” be the mother of my betrayal CAGiversary!   16577 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

MildObstruction

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:37 PM

*sigh* Cabela's Big Game Hunter is still "Processing"... :bomb: And another trade was processed (WWF Attitude - $28.95).

If that hasn't changed by the time I get home tonight, I'm contacting Amazon. For those of you who talked with someone regarding trade-ins, what would be the better method of contact: Phone or live chat?

man relax about Cabela's. let it expire, contact amazon and show that the tracking number was received, and you'll be good to go.

MildObstruction.png

#3377 Vigilante   CAG is the Key CAGiversary!   34943 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:52 PM

man relax about Cabela's. let it expire, contact amazon and show that the tracking number was received, and you'll be good to go.

OK, sorry to be so impatient; this is just a new experience for me. I've got the Trade-In ID# and Tracking# written down, so I'm good to go. Thanks for the advice.

...But would live chat or a phone call be the way to go for something like this?

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ds: Dragon Quest VI :ps4: HM: Project Diva X; N.E.R.O.; Resident Evil 0 :vita: Metrico; Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir; Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games:  :ps3: LoH: Trails of Cold Steel (4.75/5) :3ds: HM: Project Mirai DX (4.0/5)

#3378 slowdive21   PUT SOME RESPECK ON MY NAME CAGiversary!   12149 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:53 PM

OK, sorry to be so impatient, this is just a new experience for me. I've got the Trade-In ID# and Tracking# written down, so I'm good to go. Thanks for the advice.

...But would live chat or a phone call be the way to go for something like this?

If it makes you feel better, I have an item delivered 10-5-12 and it still isn't even showing as received/processing. Even though it was delivered.

#3379 Vigilante   CAG is the Key CAGiversary!   34943 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:57 PM

If it makes you feel better, I have an item delivered 10-5-12 and it still isn't even showing as received/processing. Even though it was delivered.

The same thing happened with two of my trade-ins--they were delivered but not showing as "Processing", yet I eventually received emails saying they were processed and got their respective values credited.

The difference with this game is that tomorrow will mark 25 days since I created the trade-in and it's been sitting at AFS for nearly 15 days now. :cry:

Cloud_Squall78.png

#3380 slowdive21   PUT SOME RESPECK ON MY NAME CAGiversary!   12149 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:00 PM

The same thing happened with two of my trade-ins--they were delivered but not showing as "Processing", yet I eventually received emails saying they were processed and got their respective values credited.

The difference with this game is that tomorrow will mark 25 days since I created the trade-in and it's been sitting at AFS for nearly 15 days now. :cry:

We will have to see what AZ customer service does. Personally I am going to email them after all the dust clears from my rejected trades. I like to email them, since it gives you a 'Did I resolve your problem" link on each message. Usually they won't do anything the first time, but if you click no, they usually cave when it goes to the next person.

I am going to try to get credit for all of my 'incorrect edition' items. I am not going to bother fighting over the 'damaged' ones, since damage can be subjective.

#3381 The Holy Pretzle   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1828 Posts   Joined 8.3 Years Ago  

The Holy Pretzle

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:07 PM

All of my stuff finally cashed out! (or is it cashed in?)

Exceeept for Pokemon Stadium, they did however take Diddy Kong Racing as cart-only acceptable, so I'm satisfied I got $21 for that one at least, especially since I was hearing cart games being rejected.

#3382 Bumslie   Have you ever seen the Boognish? CAGiversary!   5553 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:47 PM

I just got hooked up. I sent in Resident Evil DC and Crash Bandicoot with no manual just disc and back art. I locked them in at $21 each. They just gave me $30 credit for each game. I also got all my cart games accepted.

#3383 NiiNJA   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   230 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:50 PM

is there a limit on how much promotional credit you can receive/how many items you can receive it on? i was just told that since i got $30 credit on one of my games, that it was a 'one time thing' and they could not give me any other credit for any other of my rejections.

#3384 io   ... Super Moderators   24123 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:52 PM

I guess they have processed the glut of stuff from earlier. At this point all that should be arriving are packages from the West Coast locked in at the end and sent at the last minute. My latest one arrived yesterday and got paid out today which is just lightning fast for them recently (though it always used to be like that 2-3 years ago). These were ones I almost didn't send in so that's why I had just 2 locked on what was probably the last day possible. But now I am glad I did send them in and as I said earlier I wish I had sent a few more from my collection. Since I'd already busted it up with the initial trades, I should have just sent everything worth over $10 in. Now my Gamecube collection has some gaping holes in it (Pikmin, Luigi's Mansion, StarFox Assault, Animal Crossing, the Sonic Adventure games, and a few others).

I just have one more package with 2 GBA games that hasn't even arrived there yet.

#3385 animemaniac14   Do the Monkey w/Me! CAGiversary!   3056 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

animemaniac14

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:53 PM

is there a limit on how much promotional credit you can receive/how many items you can receive it on? i was just told that since i got $30 credit on one of my games, that it was a 'one time thing' and they could not give me any other credit for any other of my rejections.

lol they say that everytime they issue a promo credit. it's to discourage people from constantly trying to get credits and it seems to have had an effect on the first CAGer ever :applause:

(only kidding)

[DVDs=727] [VGs=434

Free Gift Cards > Sex with a Blueshirt

#3386 mrright4you4now   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   630 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

mrright4you4now

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:37 PM

I guess they have processed the glut of stuff from earlier. At this point all that should be arriving are packages from the West Coast locked in at the end and sent at the last minute. My latest one arrived yesterday and got paid out today which is just lightning fast for them recently (though it always used to be like that 2-3 years ago). These were ones I almost didn't send in so that's why I had just 2 locked on what was probably the last day possible. But now I am glad I did send them in and as I said earlier I wish I had sent a few more from my collection. Since I'd already busted it up with the initial trades, I should have just sent everything worth over $10 in. Now my Gamecube collection has some gaping holes in it (Pikmin, Luigi's Mansion, StarFox Assault, Animal Crossing, the Sonic Adventure games, and a few others).

I just have one more package with 2 GBA games that hasn't even arrived there yet.

Ya ups is taking their sweet time with my stuff. I dropped stuff off on the 28th and it still hasn't gotten there yet. I swear it's one person driving it from AK to wherever.

#3387 io   ... Super Moderators   24123 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:14 AM

Ya ups is taking their sweet time with my stuff. I dropped stuff off on the 28th and it still hasn't gotten there yet. I swear it's one person driving it from AK to wherever.

Alaska? If it takes 8-9 days from the West Coast (CA/OR/WA) then I could only imagine how long it takes them to Pony Express that stuff from Alaska :roll:.

#3388 NiiNJA   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   230 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:40 AM

lol they say that everytime they issue a promo credit. it's to discourage people from constantly trying to get credits and it seems to have had an effect on the first CAGer ever :applause:

(only kidding)

haha i mean that's honestly what i suspected while i was on the phone, i just didn't know what to say to that specific rep after they kept saying no to everything i said.

i'll have to give it a go for my other games again tomorrow, guess i'll try via live chat instead.

#3389 Toss   @TraderToss CAGiversary!   1536 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:56 AM

How do I know when my trade-in expires?

Status on your trade in page will say expired.

#3390 mrright4you4now   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   630 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

mrright4you4now

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:09 AM

Alaska? If it takes 8-9 days from the West Coast (CA/OR/WA) then I could only imagine how long it takes them to Pony Express that stuff from Alaska :roll:.

The sad thing is that USPS ships from AK to WA in 2 days with regular mail. From AK to PA it takes 3-4 days. UPS good lord, I swear they still drive trucks through Canada. It's the only logical explanation I have when I get an item shipped by them. If my trade ins expire before the packages arrive I'm going to be one upset camper.