- - - - -

Official Amazon Trade-In FAQ 4.0 - READ 1st POST

#3391 Devil May Cry   Witty remark CAGiversary!   2773 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Devil May Cry

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:35 AM

^ Nope! Unless you buy items you then resell for cash.

Darn.

My plan is using the credit on Wii U system(s), should Amazon wind up selling them. WORSE case scenario is you break even, I can't imagine them selling less than MSRP. Hopefully they're in demand and you can make a little cheddar on top.

I would if I had the scratch, but I missed out on the TIV jump. I only got a little under $100.

#3392 Friend of Sonic   Toneman.org coming soon.. CAGiversary!   10041 Posts   Joined 11.6 Years Ago  

Friend of Sonic

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:56 PM

Praise jeebus, 11/13 carts were just accepted. I'm shocked. Donkey Kong 64 was "wrong item" and Pokemon Stadium was "unacceptable", both which are total bunk, but they actually accepted 11 friggin carts. Amazing. I'll have to add everything up but I know I'm sitting at over 1500 in credit

#3393 MildObstruction   then let my “insanity” be the mother of my betrayal CAGiversary!   16571 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

MildObstruction

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:40 PM

All but one of mine finished clearing up today, no rejects (I suspect that one will forever vanish in to the halls of noram). Hell of a good haul, right around $1k. Have to make sure to find some way to balance my flipping karma.

MildObstruction.png

#3394 sabanoo   I like pie. CAGiversary!   2140 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:44 PM

Praise jeebus, 11/13 carts were just accepted. I'm shocked. Donkey Kong 64 was "wrong item" and Pokemon Stadium was "unacceptable", both which are total bunk, but they actually accepted 11 friggin carts. Amazing. I'll have to add everything up but I know I'm sitting at over 1500 in credit

It kind of seems like their usual tactic of rejecting things when they get too many of them traded in. I had an early copy of Pokemon Stadium accepted and a later one rejected for some random reason.

Thankfully (?) they decided to permanently damage my 2nd copy so I ended up getting credit anyway...

#3395 JJSP   Divorce & The American South CAGiversary!   9949 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:13 PM

Mario World Advance accepted this morning for $30 despite not having the cardboard tray inside. Still waiting on Goldeneye and No Mercy.

#3396 DWulf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   284 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:42 PM

My 8 GameCube games got accepted today. They also upgraded 4 of them to good, even though only 2 of the 4 had manuals. Sweet! Now to see what happens with my Gameboy games.

#3397 slowdive21   PUT SOME RESPECK ON MY NAME CAGiversary!   12145 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

I think they are letting my old trades expire. They rejected about 6 of them today that I sent as 'return if downgraded'. Man I wish I wasn't so busy when these things were popping up, I would have had about $500 more in credit. I intend to call about my 'wrong edition's and non working PSOne (which I tested again and it works fine), so that may net me a few hundred more in promo credit.

#3398 NiiNJA   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   230 Posts   Joined 4.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:29 PM

^good luck. i tried live chatting today with a rep and got absolutely nowhere again, guess it's time for me to type out a massive email explaining everything.

#3399 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16051 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:00 PM

^good luck. i tried live chatting today with a rep and got absolutely nowhere again, guess it's time for me to type out a massive email explaining everything.

Unless you get an idiot, nothing will change. Whoever gets your email will just refer to he notes in your account.

#3400 DWulf   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   284 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:09 PM

My Gameboy carts were just processed. All accepted except one (the label wasn't in very good condition, so I'm not surprised it was rejected as unacceptable). This credit should last me for a little while :)

#3401 eLefAdEr   All Systems Go CAGiversary!   1435 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:13 PM

Is it normal for rejected/declined items to take more than a week to be returned? They didn't give me a tracking number or anything.

eLefAdEr.png

#3402 ghozt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   531 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:19 PM

2 shipments accepted and 2 more processing. Had a cart only tetrisphere that got paid out as well.

I got in late on the action and majority of the games came from my personal collection. Curious, those of you that bought these games fairly cheap, where did you buy them? I know a few Gamestops still have GC games, but I can't think of any place that still sells xbox games.

#3403 ken9   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   405 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:53 PM

Woot! got most of my games processed today! still waiting on 5 more n64 carts to be processed, hopefully they get accepted... *crosses fingers*

#3404 Lucian   Officer Friendly CAGiversary!   1383 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:12 PM

Is it normal for rejected/declined items to take more than a week to be returned? They didn't give me a tracking number or anything.

I only ever had 1 return, but there was a tracking number on the trade in page and it took 1 day for me to get it back.
Posted Image

#3405 edson13   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1472 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:22 PM

I only ever had 1 return, but there was a tracking number on the trade in page and it took 1 day for me to get it back.

lol, well you live right next to the center.

Yea, just add two business days, to however long it takes for your games to get there. From socal it would be 9 days. Nocal I would assume would be the same.

#3406 io   ... Super Moderators   24115 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:36 PM

Whew, they processed and paid out my last package today. Last I checked it hadn't even gotten there yet. So it either got there later yesterday or even today and they paid it even faster than the last one. They must really have a much smaller volume of trade-ins now than the last 3-4 weeks.

I was a little worried about one because the front of the box had some damage and there was a sharpie mark through the UPC. I don't even remember where I got that from. Otherwise, though, it was complete right down to the plastic bag the GBA cart comes in.

My total: [highlight]$498.85[/highlight] from 5 GBA games and 15 Gamecube games (so an average of about $25 each) all from my personal collection of games acquired early on in my days as a CAG ;). Not too shabby - I wish I had sent in another 4 or 5 though.

Edited by io, 11 October 2012 - 06:59 AM.

#3407 NSpectreGarrus   CAGosaurus Rex! CAGiversary!   691 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

NSpectreGarrus

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:46 PM

I wish I had sent in another 4 or 5 though.

I'm with ya on that. I came out with about $350 in credit on a few things from my personal collections, a few from my yard sale stash. The day after the TIV plummeted I found several more games that were really high, along with consoles. I didn't think to look at console TIV (PSOne, I'm looking at you!)

All in all though I came out pretty good, thanks to all the CAGs who discovered this epic deal!

#3408 Vigilante   CAG is the Key CAGiversary!   34906 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:02 AM

I got in late on the action and majority of the games came from my personal collection. Curious, those of you that bought these games fairly cheap, where did you buy them? I know a few Gamestops still have GC games, but I can't think of any place that still sells xbox games.

I used the Amazon Marketplace (mostly for GBA, PS1, and Xbox stuff), Gamestop (Gamecube) and eBay (Xbox), and I think I did pretty well, all things considered. ;)

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: HM: Project Mirai DX :ps4: HM: Project Diva X; N.E.R.O.; Resident Evil 0 :vita: Metrico; Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir; Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness

Last Beaten/Completed Console/Portable Games:  :ps3: LoH: Trails of Cold Steel (4.75/5) :vita: Zero Time Dilemma (4.5/5)

So the moral of the story is Vig is awesome; all glory to the master flipper.

hey im high on pine needle smell and have no clue what im doing

#3409 CaN-   FIGHT ON! CAGiversary!   257 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:27 AM

how are you guys getting so much from trading in?

like the guy who traded in mario world advance, how did you get $30 for it?

#3410 MildObstruction   then let my “insanity” be the mother of my betrayal CAGiversary!   16571 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

MildObstruction

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:38 AM

how are you guys getting so much from trading in?

like the guy who traded in mario world advance, how did you get $30 for it?

Sorry, you're a little late. A few weeks ago the values for a bunch of old xbox/ps1/gamecube/etc games got bumped to $20-$30. It lasted for a few days before dropping back off, so now everyone is seeing the results of their locked trades.

p.s. anyone notice that the tracker has been broken for a few days? wonder if it's just coincidence or if amazon decided to block our pal BlueLobstah's tracker spider.

MildObstruction.png

#3411 CaN-   FIGHT ON! CAGiversary!   257 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:59 AM

Sorry, you're a little late. A few weeks ago the values for a bunch of old xbox/ps1/gamecube/etc games got bumped to $20-$30. It lasted for a few days before dropping back off, so now everyone is seeing the results of their locked trades.

p.s. anyone notice that the tracker has been broken for a few days? wonder if it's just coincidence or if amazon decided to block our pal BlueLobstah's tracker spider.

oh haha i see. ok, thanks for clarifying. i looked back a few pages but couldn't find that post.

#3412 mrright4you4now   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   630 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

mrright4you4now

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:34 AM

My packages finally arrived today and I already got one email that they are sending back my Halo Reach due to it being sent late. I mailed it 9 days after locking it in so it looks like they might start cracking down some on the 7 day ship window. As long as they turn around and send it right back I don't care because I can trade it to gamestop with the current promo for a few dollars more anyway. My bet is that it will come back via ups and take another 10 days

#3413 Foladar   Forum Guide: Contests/ Free Stuff Forum Moderator   3629 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:44 AM

My packages finally arrived today and I already got one email that they are sending back my Halo Reach due to it being sent late. I mailed it 9 days after locking it in so it looks like they might start cracking down some on the 7 day ship window. As long as they turn around and send it right back I don't care because I can trade it to gamestop with the current promo for a few dollars more anyway. My bet is that it will come back via ups and take another 10 days

I had a late package I was canceling about 3 days post shipping (so 10 days after locking it in) and the top barcode was actually a broken link on the UPS label, so I'm guessing they're either trying to eliminate it or it wasn't working properly, since when I locked in my other game it was fine.

#3414 io   ... Super Moderators   24115 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:17 AM

FYI, it was way more than a few days - it was closer to 2 weeks. I had enough time to do a trial submission where I sent a few games on about the 2nd day the prices were high, waited 8-9 days for delivery and then was still able to lock more in at that point. It was long enough that many of us concluded that this was, in fact, no glitch. A "glitch" is a few hours or maybe a day of high prices. These went on for several days.

mrright4you4now - you said you mailed it 9 days after locking but how long did it take to get there?

Edited by io, 11 October 2012 - 08:28 AM.

#3415 mrright4you4now   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   630 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

mrright4you4now

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:21 AM

Today makes 19 days from when it was locked in. Well 20 because it's after midnight. Weird thing I just noticed on my trade in page it says verified and processed under the transaction status. On the far right it says expired and the email said returned - late item.

Edit* I also should mention that I didn't print my shipping label until the day I shipped them and it did give me a really hard time. The usual copy the trn number and paste into the url wasn't working. I had to copy both the trade in number and the ups tracking number in order to get it to pull up and print. That was the first time I've ever had to go to that much work to get it to print a label. Hopefully this is just a goof with them changing their location but felt like I should throw it on here in case anyone else starts getting similar results as well.

#3416 io   ... Super Moderators   24115 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:28 AM

Today makes 19 days from when it was locked in. Well 20 because it's after midnight. Weird thing I just noticed on my trade in page it says verified and processed under the transaction status. On the far right it says expired and the email said returned - late item.

Interesting - it appears things maybe have changed from the 25 days. But still, they should never expire the transaction once it is received. Once they get it, expiration should not be an issue. If it takes then 10 days to process it, so be it - but that shouldn't lead to expiration at any point.

#3417 mrright4you4now   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   630 Posts   Joined 6.7 Years Ago  

mrright4you4now

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:34 AM

Interesting - it appears things maybe have changed from the 25 days. But still, they should never expire the transaction once it is received. Once they get it, expiration should not be an issue. If it takes then 10 days to process it, so be it - but that shouldn't lead to expiration at any point.

Agreed. I've had ones before that have gone past the 25 days while they were processing but this is the first time I've had this type of situation. I'm going to wait a day or two and see if I get a return tracking number if so I'll let it go. If not I'll have to contact CS and see what the heck is going on.

#3418 guyver2077   CAG Original CAGiversary!   15920 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

guyver2077

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:54 PM

Ive also noticed the tracker is not working.... hope it gets fixed.. navigating through amazon for values is a pain

1080i is for douchebags

#3419 blcklblskt   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   217 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

blcklblskt

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:10 PM

My last two packages were accepted yesterday with no problems. Thanks for the tip CAG!

#3420 Sway   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2709 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2012 - 02:30 PM

Are the Trade-Ins of the Week new? If so, I just now noticed them.
Mario Kart DS $16
Mass Effect 3 (360) $12
MLB 12 The Show $20