Kmart: The Orange Box PS3 - $14.99

linuskinrak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Picked this up this morning at Kmart in Tallahassee, FL. Its selling for $60 on Amazon (third party) and is fairly hard to find used anywhere. I left one there for any CAGs in the area that are interested.

[quote name='linuskinrak']Picked this up this morning at Kmart in Tallahassee, FL. Its selling for $60 on Amazon (third party) and is fairly hard to find used anywhere. I left one there for any CAGs in the area that are interested.[/QUOTE]

I just did a google shopping search for it and saw that blockbusters in my area have it for 14.99 also.

[quote name='linuskinrak']Picked this up this morning at Kmart in Tallahassee, FL. Its selling for $60 on Amazon (third party) and is fairly hard to find used anywhere. I left one there for any CAGs in the area that are interested.[/QUOTE]

Just beware TF2 has not been updated for years, and it is a little bit buggy. If you never played HL2 or Portal though, it's great.

YMMV on finding a copy, but it should be $14.99 at all Kmarts - it was clearanced out a couple of months ago. Check the giant Kmart Gamer sticky for full lists :)

Edit: The 360 copy is also $14.99.

[quote name='chuckywang']Is Orange Box OOP or something?[/QUOTE]

Yup. And with the release of portal 2 everyone wants the first one

[quote name='DesertLeo']Yup. And with the release of portal 2 everyone wants the first one[/QUOTE]

Why not just buy Portal: Still Alive?

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']Just beware TF2 has not been updated for years, and it is a little bit buggy. If you never played HL2 or Portal though, it's great.[/QUOTE]

TF2 has NEVER really been updated beyond the bug fixes. The PC version has a thriving community and a ton of official updates that added new weapons, cosmetic items, and even a few new modes of play to the game.

The console version is TF2 frozen at launch, and there's not much reason to play it these days.

That's a great deal. Since Valve hasn't released the original Portal on PSN.

I might need to call some stores. Lol.

Ludicrous idea for a thread. And it's a repost. 1% of people reading this will ever find this game. It came out in 07 LOL.

Edit: That said if anyone finds extras please pm me. I'll make it worth your time to send them my way.

I've looked at upwards of a dozen Kmarts and never found this for PS3, only 360. OP or anyone else who has one at their KMart, pm me and I will gladly pay you big bucks for it.

Edit: Cheeky called it first. Well, if you find two, double your profits!

[quote name='cheeky']Ludicrous idea for a thread. And it's a repost. 1% of people reading this will ever find this game. It came out in 07 LOL.

Edit: That said if anyone finds extras please pm me. I'll make it worth your time to send them my way.[/QUOTE]

OP here, i talked to the kmart manager about it, and he said they are still getting radom shipments of the game. It has been OOS forever and the last few weeks he has seen more shipped in. He found it weird...

Yeah. The PS3 version isn't getting more reprints (= OOP)

The 360 version is widely available everywhere.

You mofo you took my copy. =[

[quote name='emperordahc']Portal: Still Alive was only released on XBox Live. Orange Box is the only way to play Portal 1 on the PS3.

Be sure to check out Wiki about the PS3 version of Orange Box. Not developed by Valve, buggy and had only a few updates.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Orange_Box#PlayStation_3_version

That said, it's OOP (PS3) and worth the cash now.[/QUOTE]

I was trying to track down a copy at gamestop and the clerk suggested i try steam...i played through Portal on my Mac Mini (not a gaming powerhouse at all) before I started Portal 2. I also started HL2 and it played fine too. Just an option if you want to play the game and dont care what platform (and you have a mac or pc). I think Orange box was $20 on steam.

[quote name='chuckywang']Why not just buy Portal: Still Alive?[/QUOTE]

Probably because you can get the entire Orange box for the same price as Still Alive. It's 1200 points ($15) on the marketplace.

A local K-Mart had 3 or 4 PS3 copies for $20 for nearly an entire year as of 3 or 4 months ago. Needless to say, that is no longer the case. (And no, it wasn't me that bought them all!) I regret not picking up one copy for collecting purposes. Ahh well...

I got Portal free from Steam awhile back. Would I be able/can that be an option to play on Portal on PS3 or is that cross platform thing just for Portal 2? I would be awesome if I could play Steam games on my PS3.

I just traded my copy to GS this week. I had played through all the HalfLife games, and Portal, had no use for Team Fortress. So I traded it...thanks for making me feel foolish!

With the amount of times The Orange Box has gone on sale on Steam, I don't really see the point in getting hyped over a buggy console port that wasn't even really handled by Valve. :\

[quote name='Tsukento']With the amount of times The Orange Box has gone on sale on Steam, I don't really see the point in getting hyped over a buggy console port that wasn't even really handled by Valve. :\[/QUOTE]

FWIW I have played most of Portal on PS3 recently and haven't noticed any bugs. Maybe they've been fixed in the 3 years since release.

I had a really bad experience with this a few weeks a go when I noticed the $14.99 price. Out of the 6 or so K-Marts within an hours~ drive from here, only one had it listed in stock on the website. I chose the pick-up in store option, paid for it, and waited for the confirmation e-mail. The order said it should be sent within a couple hours.

Well, the next day at 4:00 PM I still hadn't received the e-mail, so I called them and asked what was going on. Their response? "Oh, you wanted the... 'orange box'? Yeah, we couldn't find it." I wanted to ask "so were you planning to let me know that?!" but I didn't think it was worth arguing... She told me to go online and cancel the order, which I'd already tried; the store has to cancel it. I told her that and she fixed it for me.

Needless to say, I was very disappointed :( It was only an hour away and I was willing to drive, figured I'd check a few stores around there for other deals I may not have in my town. Oh well.

Moral of the Story: Don't believe online inventories. Always call first. I've learned that the hard way.

[quote name='wideangle81']I second this idea. I just picked up a PAL copy from Ebay for around $25. It works fine on my U.S. PS3.[/QUOTE]

Zavvi is a great site! I recently ordered the Prince of Persia Trilogy for $20 brand new. Works flawlessly. If you pick it up new at K-mart or so, it'll be $39.99. Plus it's free shipping as well.

the PS3 Orange Box isn't bad, per se. HL1 and HL2 had some laggy spots and froze on me a couple of times. Portal seemed to work fine though, but probably because its not very "Action"y for most of it.

Well worth the 15 bucks, but only if you don't have a computer that could run the games.

[quote name='cheeky']Ludicrous idea for a thread. And it's a repost. 1% of people reading this will ever find this game. It came out in 07 LOL.

Edit: That said if anyone finds extras please pm me. I'll make it worth your time to send them my way.[/QUOTE]

Hey I found 124 copies you can have them all at cost, i encourage others to follow suit

Lol I picked this up from target clearance years ago cheap. And now its worth something ? :) also the games were all good and I never noticed any huge problems.

[quote name='wideangle81']I second this idea. I just picked up a PAL copy from Ebay for around $25. It works fine on my U.S. PS3.[/QUOTE]

I've played PAL games on my ps3 as well but when I tried to play on one that WASN'T hooked up with HDMI, it didn't work.

So you have to be careful if you aren't playing with HDMI when it comes to PAL games.

I have sealed copy due to lack of time. Guess I will keep it sealed. If I ever see a used one at GS or BB I will buy and play it.

anyone think they can pick me up a copy if they can find it and an extra? i'll pay for cost+shipping+ compensation for time :)

EDIT: PM me if u want to

i remember i saw one like two years ago for $20 at kmart, i had a $10 off $20 coupon and got Saints row 2 instead.....havent seen a new copy of the orange box ever since...

Is this game really worth the purchase of a used copy? I absolutely love Portal, but haven't played the other games and was thinking of picking it up a few months ago. I see their is a used copy at my local Gamestop. Is it worth the $29.99 price for possible playing/collecting purposes?

Edit: Apparently there are some Walmarts who still have these in stock. The online price is saying $19.82. I might go check out my local store tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back