First Templar - $39.99 @ Walmart

It's a pretty terrible game. My friend and I were blinded by co-op and got it but the game is just bad, bad, bad. Bad graphics, bad animations, bad combat, bad story, bad voice acting. Seriously, I can't think of one redeeming quality to this game other than to say at least it didn't freeze constantly on top of everything else.

[quote name='graf1k']It's a pretty terrible game. My friend and I were blinded by co-op and got it but the game is just bad, bad, bad. Bad graphics, bad animations, bad combat, bad story, bad voice acting. Seriously, I can't think of one redeeming quality to this game other than to say at least it freeze constantly on top of everything else.[/QUOTE]

That is disappointing. I usually like underdog games. I had my eye on this onr for a while. Watching the preview videos put me on the fence because the animations were awkward and stiff. Looks like I will wait for The Cursed Crusade, which looks like a better version of this game.

Reviews on this are mixed but mainly people say if you go in expecting a budget game you get a decent one. That said $20-30 is a better price to wait for I think.

I actually seen it at $29 in my local walmart, that say I havent buy it ( I totally change my mind about getting the game after watching a Gameplay Video)

[quote name='graf1k']It's a pretty terrible game. My friend and I were blinded by co-op and got it but the game is just bad, bad, bad. Bad graphics, bad animations, bad combat, bad story, bad voice acting. Seriously, I can't think of one redeeming quality to this game other than to say at least it didn't freeze constantly on top of everything else.[/QUOTE]
I agree, its definitely a stinker

Broke down and bought it tonight. Gameplay is enjoyable. I'm a total sucker for underdog games in general, and I don't mind a nice hack and slash with some RPG elements. This reminds me of Viking, with built in co-op and an interesting story.

Some weirdness... there simply isn't enough animation in a lot of what is going on. It's not like frames are being dropped or there is slow down. Animations just aren't there. For example if you are swinging your sword around, and then start to run, eventually the CPU just decides you don't need your sword anymore and it disappears from your hand and is sheathed. C'mon.. even Two Worlds I had a sheathing animation. I don't normally notice these things, but it's prevalent to the point of distraction. Similarly the first "boss" fight, against "The Beast".. "The Beast" is walking away from you, and the designers wanted him to turn around to face your characters, but didn't want to animate him turning around (?) so he goes from walking away to an immediately 180 degree facing you. Quite jarring.

That said, I'm having a ton of fun. Totally up my alley. Like I said, fairly Viking like, so if you liked that, give this a swing.

And yeah, in true Cheap Ass Gamer fashion you may want to wait til it hits $30.

Never heard of this game until just now. Might pick it up down the road, just bought Red Dead Redemption yesterday.

Thanks for the heads up.

bread's done
Back