Free Halo Reach Blue Flaming Helmet for iOS Owners

Link2999

CAGiversary!
Feedback
69 (100%)
Bungie Mobile came out today, and to celebrate the Halo Series, Bungie is giving away the Blue Flaming Helmets previously only given to Bungie Employees to anyone who downloads their iOS app: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bungie-mobile/id441444902?mt=8 (If you don't have an iOS device, Bungie will be turning on the Blue Flames for everyone from June 23 to July 7)

They are also giving out "All Star" name-plates to whoever downloads the app, and the ability to gift the name-plates with up to 7 friends who don't have an iOS device.

Edit: People seem to be confused about this promotion, just a quick run down:
1. If you own an iPhone, iPod, or iPad with iOS Firmware 4.0 (or above), you can download this app and get the Blue Flaming Helmet (In-game Multiplayer helmet, not for your avatar) and All Star name-plate.
2. If you own an iPhone, iPod, or iPad with iOS Firmware 4.0 (or above), you can download this app and gift up to 7 name-plates to your friends, family, or complete strangers who own Halo Reach.
3. If you don't own an iPhone, iPod, or iPad with iOS Firmware 4.0 (or above), you can accept name-plates (but not Blue Flaming Helmets) from other people who do own one of the three devices listed; you must have Halo Reach to do so.
4. If you don't own an iPhone, iPod, or iPad with iOS Firmware 4.0 (or above), you can use your gamertag and password to sign into a friend's iOS device to get a Blue Flaming Helmet and All Star name-plate (not recommended to give your Username and Password for XBL away over CAG).
5. Between June 23 and July 7, Blue Flaming Helmets will be available to everyone, but will expire on July 7.
6. Blue Flaming Helmets and All Star name-plates will not expire if obtained via this application (the same goes for name-plates that were gifted).
7. Here is a further in-depth FAQs from Bungie: http://www.bungie.net/News/Blog.aspx?mode=news#cid31738

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone hook me up please? I do not have an iOS phone. I'm still working with a brick phone. :(

EDIT: Certified hooked me up! Thanks my dude!

Captain, Kaiju, Viper and Tsel have been sent nameplates which they hopefully got, I wonder if Bungie lets people send multiple nameplates to one Gamertag (which will result in a lot of wasted gifts), or if it tells you that they've already received one...

Edit: Tsel, it said it couldn't find you. Have you played Reach?

[quote name='AlphaPanda']Captain, Kaiju, Viper and Tsel have been sent nameplates which they hopefully got, I wonder if Bungie lets people send multiple nameplates to one Gamertag (which will result in a lot of wasted gifts), or if it tells you that they've already received one...

Edit: Tsel, it said it couldn't find you. Have you played Reach?[/QUOTE]

Thanks alot :D and do you know how this works, like do I get it next time I start up reach?

Ah, alright. There we go.

I wonder if I could sign in as my buddy on this iPod Touch here and grab him the Blue Flames as well. Think that'd work?

[quote name='AlphaPanda']Captain, Kaiju, Viper and Tsel have been sent nameplates which they hopefully got, I wonder if Bungie lets people send multiple nameplates to one Gamertag (which will result in a lot of wasted gifts), or if it tells you that they've already received one...

Edit: Tsel, it said it couldn't find you. Have you played Reach?[/QUOTE]
Thank you so much, Panda!

[quote name='AlphaPanda']Ah, alright. There we go.

I wonder if I could sign in as my buddy on this iPod Touch here and grab him the Blue Flames as well. Think that'd work?[/QUOTE]

Could be a work-around.

Can somebody please send me a helmet? I can't get it and I'd hate to miss it >.<
And if anybody is extra nice, a nameplate too? :3

Got a nameplate :)

[quote name='Masterpitviper']Hmm I got the Allstar nameplate on but I still don't have the flaming helmet, any ideas? :/[/QUOTE]

When you download the app, it only gives you one blue flame. Its not a code just goes straight to the gt signed into the app. You also get a all star nameplate that can be shared with seven people.

[quote name='Certified']When you download the app, it only gives you one blue flame. Its not a code just goes straight to the gt signed into the app. You also get a all star nameplate that can be shared with seven people.[/QUOTE]

Ya just read the OP and saw that, alittle disapointed but what ya gonna do.

Alright people, this is the way the blue flames and the nameplate work.

When you download the Bungie Mobile app, you sign in with your Windows Live ID. Then, you hit the Love Bungie category, and there's the Nameplate and Blue Flame options. In the Blue Flame option, you switch it from Off to On. There isn't any code and it's unique in the sense that it just activates it for that specific Window ID. Then, you go to Nameplate, where you get one for yourself and then it lets you type in other Gamertags to send to them.

To get the Blue Flame, you have to sign into the Bungie app on the iOS device. Only way to do it. When you send the Nameplate to somebody, that's all they get.

Everybody clear? ;)

[quote name='AlphaPanda']Alright people, this is the way the blue flames and the nameplate work.

When you download the Bungie Mobile app, you sign in with your Windows Live ID. Then, you hit the Love Bungie category, and there's the Nameplate and Blue Flame options. In the Blue Flame option, you switch it from Off to On. There isn't any code and it's unique in the sense that it just activates it for that specific Window ID. Then, you go to Nameplate, where you get one for yourself and then it lets you type in other Gamertags to send to them.

To get the Blue Flame, you have to sign into the Bungie app on the iOS device. Only way to do it. When you send the Nameplate to somebody, that's all they get.

Everybody clear? ;)[/QUOTE]

Aw no :(
Well at least there's a chance for a nameplate, it's good it gives you the opportunity to share it with others.

I have about 3(?) left that I can give out, I think.

To be honest, it's not really that big of a deal, it's just a little star that appears next to your Gamertag in the Reach lobbies, and I believe it shows next to your name as you're playing. Nothing game-changing.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']I have about 3(?) left that I can give out, I think.

To be honest, it's not really that big of a deal, it's just a little star that appears next to your Gamertag in the Reach lobbies, and I believe it shows next to your name as you're playing. Nothing game-changing.[/QUOTE]

But still, the only way to get one before this was to win one week in bungies all star events.

That and on the 24th of June, Big team battle all stars will give them away.

If you guys end up getting a nameplate, please edit the post letting us know just in case there isn't a "This player has already received a nameplate" message. Don't want to be wasting my nameplates and whatnot.

Platinum and Angel, have you guys gotten one yet?

bread's done
Back