ps3 mic question

Chris_GTR1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
just bought a ps3 , wondering what mic is good for around 20$. i remember one time i saw socom bundle for like 20$ and it had the PS mic included but im sure those are long gone lol. anyone know where i can get a good mic for cheap?

Those might actually not be long gone. I saw a thread in deals a week back saying that at some Best Buy locations they have the bundle from $20-30 bucks(gonna take some scouring though cause it was YMMV). I actually got the bundle about a year and a half ago and I still use the mic with my ps3 to this day. I recommend the official ps3 mic but you can use most generic off brand Bluetooth mics for cheaper that the ps3 mic.

don't get anything too cheap. My cousin bought the RocketFish headset at Bestbuy. $20 I believe. It picks up so much background noise... and when he talks, it sometimes doesn't register his voice immediately. Odd.

A decent bluetooth with some noise cancelling or wired one possibly from Logitech are good. spend another $30 and get a entry level Turtle Beach or Tritton.

lol, i should of been more specific, i dont want a wired headset. i have some turtle beach x41 but the bs doesnt work with ps3. unless i get some adaptors but ill end up wired anyways.

Having the speakers loud was great to hear all the ambient noises and feel the bass, but I couldn't hear anyone chatting in-game. I caved and bought the Tritton AX Pros. Bass (in ear) and communication are superb, however I would have thought I could hear more directional sounds distinctly. (Ie: Someone walking up behind you, then to the right of you while laying prone and hidden)

To me, it's like choosing between wi-fi or Ethernet cable. Love wireless, hate wires, but the connection was not as strong as a physical wire.

bread's done
Back